Upcoming Dreadspire Problems

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Want a peek at what awaits you for the upcoming patch? Then join our team on December 7th, starting at 06:00 PM CET for a special Livestream!

• Upcoming Dreadspire Problems

As usual the same problem for a few patches now but in a few months we will receive the new dreadspire and obviously with the lack of talents we're far behind Koreans. I personally already posted a few things like the difference of Talent vs Non Talents

"Archer EU 4,0m/s --- Archer Korea 5,7m/s === 40% Difference
      Berserker EU 5,3m/s --- Berserker Korea at least 5,9m/s === 11% Difference (Graph doesn't show more than 5,9m/s)
      Brawler EU 3,0m/s --- Brawler Korea 4,2m/s === 40% Difference
      Gunner EU 3,5m/s --- Gunner Korea 4,7m/s === 34% Difference
      Lancer EU 2,2m/s --- Lancer Korea 3,1m/s === 40% Difference
      Ninja EU 3,6m/s --- Ninja Korea 4,8m/s === 33% Difference
      Reaper EU 2,9m/s --- Reaper Korea 3,9m/s === 33% Difference
      Slayer EU 3,9m/s --- Slayer Korea at least 5,9m/s === almost 50% Difference
      Sorcerer EU 3,5m/s --- Sorcerer Korea 5,2m/s === 48% Difference
      Valk EU 3,2m/s --- Valk Korea 3,5m/s === 9% Difference but afaik Valk has no Talents?
      Warrior EU 5,2m/s --- Warrior Korea 5,9m/s = 13% Difference"

based on these Stats neowutran.ovh/dps/boss/935/2000 which are all calculated with Shinra Meter :)

Feel free to check the graphs yourself if you don't trust my values. But it's quite obvious that our DPS/Clear-time is far behind compared to koreans and this will be a huge problem for the upcoming cruelty dreadspire.

We already were able to watch a few Korean Streams on Afreeca TV or Youtube and most people can clearly see that even the Koreans with Talent System are struggling and not a single group managed to clear the tenth floor after like one month of trying! The HP of most bosses even got nerfed in korea already which clearly indicates that its pretty much impossible to even clear it. But considering that WE STILL DID NOT receive Talent System or any compensation...let's keep it simple -> No one in Europe will be able to clear this unless it gets modified or nerfed for our Version.

Dreadspire Floor 7

As you can see a Party of Lancer + Priest + 3 Zerks (which are the strongest DPS class by far) this Group here managed to clear the seventh Floor with literally only one second left. How are we in Europe without Talent System even supposed to clear this Dungeon then? o.o

Does anyone of the Community still have other Feedback for Dreadspire? Or ideas that gameforge might be able to request for example

1) How many Entries? Should we be able to reset the instance?
      2) What kind of consumables should be given?
      3) What kind of rewards do we expect from this?
      4) Should something about the "1 Wipe = ID lost" changed?
      5) Should the HP be reduced by a certain amount or should they give us something to compensate the lack of talents?
      DPS Tier-List
      Top-Tier: Archer/Gunner/Reaper
      Mid-Tier: Warrior/Valkyrie/Sorcerer/Ninja
      Low-Tier: Berserker/Slayer
    • tobtheking2 wrote:

Does anyone of the Community still have other Feedback for Dreadspire? Or ideas that gameforge might be able to request for example

1) How many Entries? Should we be able to reset the instance?
      2) What kind of consumables should be given?
      3) What kind of rewards do we expect from this?
      4) Should something about the "1 Wipe = ID lost" changed?
      5) Should the HP be reduced by a certain amount or should they give us something to compensate the lack of talents?

I agree that the point you make are issues with the upcoming dungeon.

1) Entries - On kTera, Entries are limited to max 2 per day. This is very limiting as a wipe resets the entire dungeon so all progress is lost. It has been 1 month in Korea and people still have not cleared floor 10 even after nerfs. This also makes it very hard for new players to learn the dungeon for the first time. (Either this or 4 MUST change)

2) In previous Dreadspires, all Rootstock buffs and Strong Bravery were provided for free. This should again be added especially considering how many bosses and how long the dungeon is. Noctenium Elixir should also be provided free as this is 'expected' to be used. If these consumables are not given, people will have to spend more time farming for consumables than running the dungeon.

In kTera, the 'chocolate' consumables were removed from Dreadspire as the exclusive consumables interfered with competitiveness as they made a significant difference within rankings depending on its usage. Similarly, I think the EU exclusive Combat Accelerator Potion and Seal of the Undying Flame should not be allowed within Dreadspire as that would affect the rankings.

3) The rewards from Dreadspire are very poor. Loot only drops from floor 5 or 10 (which nobody cleared yet) and is all lost if you wipe. The loot is also similar to Hard Mode dungeons, so there is no point running the Dreadspire if you want loot. Previous Event Dreadspire had some loot on every boss, which was much better for those who could not clear all floors.

The rankings rewards are also very poor. The unique costume reward is a reused costume with ghost effects. It doesn't even look very special. In my opinion unique reward should look like actual equipment and not a costume, and needs to look special.

4) The Dreadspire has a complete reset when wiping. This is very bad for new players who have not fought these bosses before and lack experience. This is unfair as they only have 2 tries per day. It is also very difficult to learn/progress - even after 1 month nobody on Korea has cleared floor 10. (Either this or 1 MUST change)

5) As you say, the main problem is that every region receives the same dungeons, but only Korea has Talents which are a large damage boost. Talents also affect class balance as some classes benefit more than others. I think it would be good for the Talent system to be added to all regions to allow the dungeons to be fair in all regions. (Actual implementation would need to be thought out as Koreans have been grinding Talent levels for over 2 years now - we need some way to catch up)

It might be possible to alter the dungeon HP specifically for regions without Talents, however this does not help with class balance issues due to talents. Also dungeon HP would need to be altered for every dungeon. It would be simpler for Talents to be available in all regions so that region specific balancing is not required.

This MUST change. In Korea where most classes do 30-50% more damage, people have not cleared floor 10, even after 1 month. In EU, people might NEVER be able to clear unless changes are made.
    • No one in Korea has Floor 10 clear :borg:
      I like the Concept of the new DS, its like DS1. If your Group wipe, u have have to start from the Beginning.

But without any "Buffs" i dont think any EU-Group will be able to clear it, maybe a Group with 3xZerks+Mystic+Brawler and all uses Combat Accelerator, or a Group with 3xWarrior and Combat Accelerator.

:sniper: If you mess with the Best you will die like the Rest :rocketlauncher:
    • merxy wrote:

Why you guys dont wait until the dungeon hits the GF's testserver?!

Im sure that there will be some testers and GF will use their feedback to optimize the dungeon for us.

I really dont understand the drama about things which arnt released here. :whistling:
      Just like RKEM and RMHM which are optimzed for EU? Hell you can't even cleared it with +7 (which was supposed to be max) without using strong class setups or shitloads of consumable. (I talking about RKEM release). Atleast it was clearable due to the slaying firendly boss.
    • merxy wrote:

Im sure that there will be some testers and GF will use their feedback to optimize the dungeon for us.

I really dont understand the drama about things which arnt released here. :whistling:
      Because these changes should have happened already, its not just about it going to be bad, it is already bad, players are already warning that even worse is coming. Till when will they drag the situation ?

Gameforge tera expert team testing something ? I rather put that responsability in the paws of my cat.
    • As of right now there's only 2 groups which cleared stage 9 after the nerf with the following class setups:

Tank (1x Lancer | 1x Brawler ) / 2x Warrior / 1x Ninja / 1x Priest

The DSU nerf hit kTera Servers on 2018.04.26
      • Adjusted balance on Cruel Dreadspire
        • Adjusted to decrease HP of each monster
        • Decreased the frequency of patterns for 3rd floor Dakuryon
        • Decreased the stack debuff difficulty of 6th floor Krakatox

On another topic, even if we would get region changes to this dungeon, it will just mitigate the problem until they find a balancing system that works for every region, or else they would have to make regional changes to every dungeon to come.
      "The black dress was fringed by countless laces and frills. These outlines of her were enfolded by metallic protectors on the back of her hands and a rustic tasset. Her looks reminded one of the ceremonial robes of medieval knights—an odd mixture that could be called neither dress nor armour. And finally, where normally there might have been a ribbon, she was wearing an old, metallic chest."
    • merxy wrote:

That would mean that they actually test these things which they are not based on the previous experience with RKEM and RMHM.
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars
    • Arlos wrote:

merxy wrote:

That would mean that they actually test these things which they are not based on the previous experience with RKEM and RMHM.
      Don't forget VSHM, that dungeon was already cancer too, HP wise
    • Arlos wrote:

merxy wrote:

I would assume that the "testers" themselves aren't able to decide stuff like dungeon balancing :whistling:

In the end it's bluehole decision cuz to my knowledge gameforge needs the permission of bluehole to even add buffs like veliks blessing. So yeah its basically up to us, the community to "force" a change :elin38: or just continue flaming and complaining until they finally decide to do something or give them ideas and feedback about our situation without talents.
      DPS Tier-List
      Top-Tier: Archer/Gunner/Reaper
      Mid-Tier: Warrior/Valkyrie/Sorcerer/Ninja
      Low-Tier: Berserker/Slayer
    • tobtheking2 wrote:

In the end it's bluehole decision cuz to my knowledge gameforge needs the permission of bluehole to even add buffs like veliks blessing.

If this is the case, the contract between GF and BHS is pure garbage. Normally the publisher is the one who is in charge of deciding such things. I mean it is the publisher, if the game is not to the publishers liking why even bother to publish it.

I had the pleasure to meet our CMs at DoKoMi last weekend and they are confident that things will change for the better it just isn't as easy as most of the people here think.
      If you believe it or not, changing a few numbers in the games code costs a bumch of money as there is not only the worker writing the code, but also QA which takes a lot of time and money.
      Changing a line here may completly destroy the other end of the game. That is true for every game out there and that is why it is the same with every game you play.
      Give them some time and they will eventually fix things but its a mather of at least 1-2 months you have to wait for the patch.