'Stealing' world bosses discussion

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • 'Stealing' world bosses discussion

      OK, to avoid more off-topic here - Goldselling now allowed, part 2 - I'm starting a new thread in an attempt to draw @Athena, @Nyoka and @Salix 's attention to the matter of players getting warned and even banned by self-righteous Support for 'stealing' world bosses. So, if you could kindly take a formal stance on the subject and actually do something about Support randomly warning and banning players, this would be most appreciated. Unless you're too busy, of course. You still have not changed the forum's favicon - - 15 months after the so called platform upgrade, so chances are you're not even going to read the following opening post.

      To me, it's clear there's no such thing as 'stealing' a world boss because:
      1. World bosses (they even have WORLD in their name) don't belong to anyone and no-one is entitled to the kill;
      2. Resetting a world boss is a game mechanic. To compare, guild BAMs only 'reset' their position to their idle/spawn spot, not their HP.
      3. Just because someone lost a BAM on a PvE server doesn't give them the right to complain. What about people on the PvP server - they are not allowed to complain but people on PvE servers are? One could just as naïvely argue that killing a player while he's fighting a world boss equals a breach of ToS and those shady Game Rules. lmao Yes, killing someone on a PvP server is against the rules. Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? Same applies to winning over a BAM on a PvE server - it's a PvE activity on a PvE server. Nothing wrong about that. Yes, it's unfortunate that someone spent hours camping but that's their decision and theirs alone.
      4. How many reports are there from people trying to 'steal' a BAM and failing? 'Hi! I saw these guys fighting a world boss I've been trying to find for days. I tried to steal it but they didn't let me. Can you warn them not to do this again? How am I supposed to get the achievement? It's not fair if I can't steal it!' Exactly - that's bullshit! Just like claims from people who lost their world bosses. It's easy to judge when you only consider your own point of view. As @nouatayyem pointed out with other words, one needs to have some dignity and good values when they decide whether they really want to win over a BAM. It's a competition, yes, but if the guy fighting the BAM needed just that one kill, there's no reason whatsoever for you to take the BAM from him. Winning just because you can is no winning at all - it's anything but fairplay. Is winning this way worth it, just like winning a battleground match by using CAP? I think it is not.

      That's why the correct term is 'winning' a world boss kill.

      @People who need achievements: Have you tried talking to those attacking 'your' BAM? Like doing it on /w in a friendly way, without an attitude? Or using a middleman in case there was a language barrier? There even used to be a world boss chat channel in older days when people were more focused on helping each other than caring only about their own benefit.

      @Gameforge: Can't you at least exclude those 6 world bosses from the achievements list? The same would be good if done for Humedras which you claim is not bugged when it clearly is though.
      Also, you need to encourage proxy abuse reports, not groundless complaints about 'stealing' world bosses which are there for everyone to try and kill, not just the person who saw it first.
      I'd also like to see a Support manager on this forum for a change to explain what ToS article world boss 'thieves' are breaking, as well as give the community a copy of the so called Game Rules they keep using as an excuse to harass players.
    • Bams are not meant to be done by 1 single person(that's what i thing, they are called "World"Bams and not single person Bams). If people "steal" it(using Ingame Mechanics), you should consider forming a proper party (maybe with friends/guild members).^

      Maybe Buff HP+Dmg from the Worldbosses, so you are forced to join a group (via LFG/Guild etc)
    • As someone who did all world bosses 100 times and waited 8 to 36 hrs depending on a boss to spawn all i can say is that this is not a steal-yes i was a part of that wb channel and we all shared and waited for each other. It's first found first served, and if you did ask people to share a kill in 99% of the cases people will share (usually accept you to the party-reset boss-kill). Now only a few bosses can't be found all the time and you need only 1 kill for the achievement so why all the drama now?
      Also almost every time servers reset you can see a party for Humedras on lfg. As far as i know next to him Linphy and Maevia are bugged and respawn at their old time 24-36hrs.

      Tomo wrote:

      Maybe Buff HP+Dmg from the Worldbosses, so you are forced to join a group (via LFG/Guild etc)
      Don't like this idea, imagine buffed Arakia or Lanok that are lvl 20. Low lvl players kill those too if they run in to them and buffing them so lvl 65 ppl can't "steal" is silly.
      :elin17: Everybunny needs somebunny! :elin28:
    • Why can't we all just respect each other and don't steal? , What if someone has been searching for that worldboss for achievement, yet he can never find it because of the proxy users, campers, etc..

      And when they do find it, they end up with someone who just steals it since he consider the others " randoms " and unworthy of having the chance to kill it. As if that ONE worldboss is going to be a big matter for the farmers who do nothing but killing worldbosses everyday, If that's the case then this community is beyond salvation..

      Would be better if Gameforge remove the loot from them, or buffing them and letting everyone who gets a chance to hit it to get a reward, Just like CU Guild bams, At least that'll be a better solution for this pathetic behavior done by many...

      Even Humedras that spawns only one time per maintenance, they don't even form raids for it, They fight over it as if it drops anything, smh...
    • Kraxler wrote:

      Just delete rewards from Worldbams. I mean people really farm them for what? 10 Minutes of Guardian Mission is more worth than searching and killing worldbams
      Guardion Missions never will give u the same rewards than a single World Boss, it tooks only 3-5minutes per Worldboss.
      What u will get for that time effort in Guardion MIssions ? Not even a single Mat to upgrade your Gear or smth else.
      20k if u are lucky enough to drop 2 Dias and thats only for the Dias...
      Comeback :3
      Es wird wieder abgerissen !


      twitch.tv/vicioustera
    • I don't feel like it's a matter of whether you could, but whether you should.
      I mean, you obviously CAN "steal" a WB from someone who's busy killing it, but does that really mean you should?
      It's just a bit scummy to come in with a bunch of tanks and then just aggro it to reset it.
      You could always just party up and then tackle the WB together, but that seems to be impossible nowadays.

      Also the added loot to WBs was a stupid idea in the first place, since it basically created an elitist environment around the WBs again. *shrug*
    • Kraxler wrote:

      Just delete rewards from Worldbams. I mean people really farm them for what? 10 Minutes of Guardian Mission is more worth than searching and killing worldbams
      There are enough scripts to afk them^^

      Vicious wrote:

      Kraxler wrote:

      Just delete rewards from Worldbams. I mean people really farm them for what? 10 Minutes of Guardian Mission is more worth than searching and killing worldbams
      Guardion Missions never will give u the same rewards than a single World Boss, it tooks only 3-5minutes per Worldboss.What u will get for that time effort in Guardion MIssions ? Not even a single Mat to upgrade your Gear or smth else.
      20k if u are lucky enough to drop 2 Dias and thats only for the Dias...
      Wbams cant even drop 2 diamonds °-°
      module.exports = function Teraisshitpleaseuninstall °-°
    • Cuny wrote:

      Now only a few bosses can't be found all the time and you need only 1 kill for the achievement so why all the drama now?
      Sejo Boy - Da si mi srece donijela

      All the drama is because it's practically impossible to get even that 1 single kill nowadays because of indecent 'specialists' using illegal tools to both get alerted of a respawn and get teleported to the spawn location.
      These are actually low level BAMs buffed to L68 or something. The problem wouldn't be so significant if they weren't needed for achievements. Of course it would still be an issue because those abusers - the proxy users, not the genuine competitors branded as 'thieves' - were denying other players the chance to get drops.

      I don't mind having buffed BAMs with increased drops but not ones needed for achievements. If @Gameforge can't change that, they must 'forward' the issue and call for a swift resolution. BHS must either add back the low level versions, or exclude the buffed BAMs from the achievements, or restrict the buffed BAMs to spawning to specific channels. Alternatively, hitting the BAM and witnessing its death must count towards completing the achievement, just like doing that with a guild BAM counts towards completing the guild quest. Also, GF must focus on world boss module proxy users, not on decent competitors who win BAMs over from less prepared players.

      KristenTheSeventh wrote:

      Why can't we all just respect each other and don't steal?
      Stealing suggests wrongdoing, and there's nothing wrong winning a BAM kill. Yes, I agree it's immoral to get a BAM from someone who's been waiting for it and probably done over 60% damage. However, it's NONE OF SUPPORT'S BUSINESS to interfere in moral disputes. There is NO RULE whatsoever against resetting a world boss, since this is the only way one could win the kill if someone else started the fight. Merely engaging a world boss first DOES NOT grant one the right to kill it/get the drops. While it can be frustrating and I do understand people who simply cannot get that one kill count for their achievement, it's 100% allowed to 'steal' a BAM and Support must stop abusing their power.

      Now, whether taking a BAM to yourself without offering someone else the chance to party up for the achievement/loot is moral or not is a different thing. Everyone has their own values and sense of dignity, so I'm not going to try and impose my understand over other people's views. I will, however, give them my opinion, hoping they'd reconsider their position. It's their right not to though, whether I like it or not.
    • Sunflare wrote:



      KristenTheSeventh wrote:

      Why can't we all just respect each other and don't steal?
      Stealing suggests wrongdoing, and there's nothing wrong winning a BAM kill. Yes, I agree it's immoral to get a BAM from someone who's been waiting for it and probably done over 60% damage. However, it's NONE OF SUPPORT'S BUSINESS interfering in moral disputes. There is NO RULE whatsoever against resetting a world boss, since this is the only way one could win the kill if someone else started the fight. Merely engaging a world boss first DOES NOT grant one the right to kill it/get the drops. While it can be frustrating and I do understand people who simply cannot get that one kill count for their achievement, it's 100% allowed to 'steal' a BAM and Support must stop abusing their power.
      Would you still justify it, if it happened to you Sunflare?, Imagine you hunting a worldboss then some proxy nolifer or one of those campers came and " won it " What would be your reaction? I know you're probably with a high-end gear, with most if not all of the achievements, but remember that one day you were like those " randoms " who are okaay to be stolen from...
    • KristenTheSeventh wrote:

      Would you still justify it, if it happened to you Sunflare?, Imagine you hunting a worldboss then some proxy nolifer or one of those campers came and " won it " What would be your reaction? I know you're probably with a high-end gear, with most if not all of the achievements, but remember that one day you were like those " randoms " who are okaay to be stolen from...
      My reaper's gear aside (), I wouldn't go on a world boss hunt on my own in the first place. Anyway, I do empathise and I can relate to how someone might feel in a given situation even if I don't share their opinion. It's called emotional intelligence and it's something one can learn if they don't have enough life experience or common sense to be able to put themselves into other people's shoes.

      Here's an example. I was after these rare mobs once. Finally found one and even posted an LFG message about it like a good boy. Someone joined and guess what... While I was waiting for him someone else showed up and killed the mob before my very eyes. I couldn't do anything to stop him, as the mob was one-hit and even on a PvP server it would've been close to impossible to prevent the kill. Some people are just stupid, inconsiderate or indecent. What was I supposed to do - report that guy for "stealing" my mob? Please...

      When it's about achievements, problem once again comes from lack of communication. When drops are disputed, then one needs to be able to prove someone else used forbidden third-party software, otherwise there's nothing to complain about - it's a game mechanic, irrespective of how we feel about it. One must be prepared for it and if they're not, it's their responsibility.
    • Isn't the proxy module/script/whatever about the world boss a basic notification when you're in range of said worldboss?
      At least thats what I thought it was, but reading people here, it sounds like you're talking about some "boss spawned, teleporting in 5sec" while chilling in HW.

      Achievement wise it is quite bullshit, but then again Humedras, has been bugged for years and nothing has ever been done about it. As for /w people because you need them for achievement, I went after a maint to hunt Divine Reaper, simply for achievement, didnt care about the loot, had to ask on all channel if I could join just for achievement, 2 answered no, one answered non sense, and the last one did not answer and simply left like a minute, so I started attacking the boss, he came back and attacked the boss again lol

      edit; or like right now I was killing a 68 one, some dudes comes start to PK me, I tell them idc about the loots I just want the ach, they just keep on killing me, so yeah /w people is useless. Tho I still find "stealing" WB perfectly fine, I just wish people weren't such idiots when you specify you're only there for achievements.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by jinh ().

    • KristenTheSeventh wrote:

      1. Why can't we all just respect each other and don't steal? , What if someone has been searching for that worldboss for achievement, yet he can never find it because of the proxy users, campers, etc..

      2. And when they do find it, they end up with someone who just steals it since he consider the others " randoms " and unworthy of having the chance to kill it. As if that ONE worldboss is going to be a big matter for the farmers who do nothing but killing worldbosses everyday, If that's the case then this community is beyond salvation..

      3. Would be better if Gameforge remove the loot from them, or buffing them and letting everyone who gets a chance to hit it to get a reward, Just like CU Guild bams, At least that'll be a better solution for this pathetic behavior done by many...

      4. Even Humedras that spawns only one time per maintenance, they don't even form raids for it, They fight over it as if it drops anything, smh...
      1. You can't steal something which isn't someone else's property. And before you make a point that it's yours cause you were there first, here's a thing to consider - it's not. Unless you hit it and keep dragging it behind you, it's not yours. Your presence there holds absolutely no authority on it's own;
      2. What do you mean "the chance to kill it"? As if you need a chance to auto attack a world boss a few times in order to kill it;
      3. That's a good suggestion (the part about hitting it to claim for achievement even if it's already engaged) but it has one very serious drawback - you overestimate the ability of players to use their brain under pressure. If this is to be implemented and say, you end up hitting the boss just to be sure you'll get it but you also called a bunch of friends to come and get it as well, the chance of someone randomly coming and slaughtering it for his own achievement then going on his way, is pretty much over the 99% mark;
      4. Way too many people got burned when attempting to do a good deed and share the kill for this one. Don't expect compassion;

      KristenTheSeventh wrote:

      Would you still justify it, if it happened to you Sunflare?, Imagine you hunting a worldboss then some proxy nolifer or one of those campers came and " won it " What would be your reaction? I know you're probably with a high-end gear, with most if not all of the achievements, but remember that one day you were like those " randoms " who are okaay to be stolen from...
      You keep using that word, "steal". Maybe you have to look up it's definition. Also look at the definition of "property". You'll see that your entire paragraph is null from the get go;
      Don't argue with the walls...
      Lv.65 Slayer/Lancer/Berserker/Reaper
    • Galtero wrote:

      a game mechanic, huh?

      guess what happens if another player thats not in your party/raid hits a monster
      Was hoping this was a spot the difference challenge.

      It's a game feature, yes. How else are you supposed to kill a world boss if someone else has started the fight? Ruin Guardians will die before you could reset them but world bosses have an idea more HP, so resetting them is the only viable option when you don't want to share loot and you don't care whether the other person(s) needs it for achievement. Yes, shame on you for not giving rat's ass about others but you're not obliged to and Support has no right to tell you whether you have to share or not. Unless you're suggesting people who don't invite you to party are also ban-worthy.

      World bosses don't belong to the first person who spots them. In fact, even if someone is kind enough to invite you to their party, they must reset the BAM in order for you to get the kill. So yes, it's a game mechanic. And yes, Support has nothing to say about it. Just because they are abusing their position, it doesn't make it right or acceptable. There's no rule that puts an obligation on me to give up BAM drops just because you found the BAM before me, nor is there a rule that puts an obligation on me to invite you to party if you arrive late. Are people obliged to let you go to the front of the queue in the supermarket because you're "in a hurry" or something? These are things settled between players, where only common sense and kindness matter.
    • Trashlator ( Loriri )-W zeszły piątek o 10:12

      [KTERA] Suggestion FeedbackOn the "Planned" section, 1. Increase availability of Lamb Bulgogi / Bravery Potions
      2. Show/Hide Face equipment by adding "Transparent Face Costume" which will be obtainable in-game.
      3. Increase Gold/Silver Talent supplies from Guardian Missions and Ghilieglade while decreasing amount of gold rewarded.
      4. Instead of enabling Mana Charge in Battlegrounds, there will be an adjustment to Mana Infusion which will be as effective.
      5. Prevent World BAM resets with Aggro pull abuse
      6. Demon's Wheels is returning on May
      7. Add HP potions to Guardian Mission Vanguard. (however it will be adjusted so that it will not affect the difficulty balance of contents as much as possible)