Goldselling now allowed, part 2

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Goldselling now allowed, part 2

Since my first attempt to report this issue ended with the usual arrogance by the forum administration - Is goldselling now allowed? - I'm giving this another try. Maybe this time they'll take the matter seriously. Who knows.

The same person (script) has been advertising every single day for the past month (or at least every time I go to Velika, as I don't go there everyday, nor do I spend too much time there to check if he's posting). Despite my report here, as well as a private message to a Community Manager, nothing's been done so far, making me think it's indeed OK to trade gold for money, judging by Gameforge's silent endorsement.

A mate got 'warned' by Support the other day for - note! - "stealing a world boss" but goldselling is just fine. Stealing an open-world BAM that everyone is free to kill is against ToS, guys. hahaha A game mechanic is against some Game Rules they claim he broke, although such rules aren't even published. But if someone's offering actually bannable services, there's no problem. Imagine that!

Anyhow. It would be really nice if you did something useful this time for a change. @The Team

Thank you and cya in-game! Yes, I know you don't play - was just joking. Laters!
    • Note that you get a warning from stealing World Bosses our BAM'S is reasonable.

Like example you spend 5 a 15 minutes for 1 boss and then comes a group to steal the aggro and reset him and steal it for you.
      Those players ruined your time for doing the world bosss so yeah get a warning for stealing people another game life time is reasonable.

Those selfish, egoistic players needs to be punished. KARMA strikes back you know.

I hate it also when i am in velika and those goldsellers are their everytime i already search them in the area's but its like they are invisible my god.
    • stealing world bam lol... Does men own the mountains and rivers as well ? It is all gods ownership. Stealing, hi jacking, killing and combat in open world is an intended feature of any mmo. Dont go solo or be ready to compete if you want to secure your bam kills. Being greedy and sending support tickets for someone "stealing your game time" is not reasonable at all. These situations are the reason this game isnt offline.
    • Oh my, I just liked the OP's post I'm not gonna sleep tonight.

But that aside.

I wonder if Gameforge realizes that people who try to buy gold with real money are....well,people with money,and people with money are "Potentially Valuable Customers" and Gameforge should give it a damn for it's own good...
      My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
      For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
      Test Image ->
      (Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )
    • blueflamingo wrote:

how exactly is gold selling a bad thing? selling tt is fine but selling gold directly is a no no?

hahahaha

When someone buys gold, the money goes to the seller, not Gameforge.
      When someone buys TT from someone with gold, that TT seller's money goes to Gameforge.

Therefore Gameforge and other companies try to ban and remove all gold sellers as they reduce their income. TT selling is fine because in the end it's the same amount of TT bought, they don't care who buys the TT, only about the amount of it.
    • See it for yourself then people, like i said KARMA strikes back specially for the bad mouth and egoistic and selfish people.

Ruining another game life time need to punished because they spended a lot of energy for it to get the world boss and BAM dead, and the people stealing it and killing it like it is nothing.

But for me discussion is closed, more people will getting the warning for the people that like the ruin somebody live in the game. :borg:
    • This is an interesting thread with a lot of well constructed arguments, and it's definitely a subject I think about often. Obviously, the answer to this question is highly subjective, and I don't believe there is a single right answer. I like reading everyone's opinion on the matter, though, and I hope this discussion goes on.

P.S. They do ban goldsellers (sometimes).
    • It has nothing, but literally nothing, to do with Karma. It's just a stupid "rule" that isn't even in the ToS itself, invented to please a couple who think they can spread their lack of common sense and still get away with it, and in this case they get away with it.

If you want a world boss which is in the OPEN WORLD (friendly reminder that pretty much anything SHOULD be allowed in the open world as long as it respects the basic ToS, yes that means even dirty tricks) you need to be ready for it : Bunch of consummables, couple of buddies (a tank and a healer could be nice, especially for the buffs and to hold the aggro if someone tries to steal the boss). If some random solo or some people without a proper setup gets the World Boss stolen well too bad for him/them, but he/they just wasn't ready to take it and technically nothing should stop some "better" and more prepared people to take it from him/them.

Gold selling is a problem, getting your World Boss stolen isn't. Get some common sense up in there.

*Edited by ~Zancara

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eliannah ().

• Moler wrote:

blueflamingo wrote:

how exactly is gold selling a bad thing? selling tt is fine but selling gold directly is a no no?

hahahaha
      When someone buys gold, the money goes to the seller, not Gameforge.
      When someone buys TT from someone with gold, that TT seller's money goes to Gameforge.

Therefore Gameforge and other companies try to ban and remove all gold sellers as they reduce their income. TT selling is fine because in the end it's the same amount of TT bought, they don't care who buys the TT, only about the amount of it.
      it doesnt make any sense why someone would want to support gameforge directly
    • There is nothing to see, and that's why it's a game. You should go by the ToS. If it's not in the ToS, then it is permitted.

Been on these kind on games for far too long to even care about such idiotic details. You got your boss stolen, wow, see if you lost a limb.