Just another peaceful thread.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• @Moler If we are talking about fun that's your personal opinon as I think it's fun to log my warrior and one shot people. So no point arguing about that.

@Deflay So? You guys literally had people in your guild who rerolled every patch to get the broken class, so just reroll to mystic if you want or keep playing what you enjoy. I don't see how this is any different than brawler or valk, just the numbers are different.

@Eliannah Obviously he was exaggerating so I wouldn't take it so much in consideration. About the broken stuff it is what it is and that's how the game went. It's understandable people quitting and I would suggest it but what's not understandable is people complaining about this patch in particular when it's been like this for a really long time. It's almost as if people actually believed there was something right about the game before besides what everyone knows like combat system or the core of the game or w.e you want to say.
  • @Spatsu One thing i noticed during my years on TERA is that even if the game is bad, people always got a small hope when a new patch is about to be released. People hope that it will make the game better etc... I used to be one of those people. So of course when the said patch actually gets released and reveal that the game will be even worse than before, they are actually frustrated. I'm not gonna blame people for being believers. But now it reached a point where i personally don't want to believe anymore, and i think it's the same for a lot of people.
    ">
  • @Nyoka @Athena

The patch notes we are on about are KTERA's patch notes from '2018.04.19'

These patch notes included the following changes: (Vengeance might be a translation error)

• Mystic

• Thrall Augmentation
        • Slightly decreased effect
      • Thrall of Vengeance
        • Significantly decreased PVP damage
      • Thrall Lord
        • Significantly decreased PVP damage

Source: Here and here

We need these changes ASAP. I know you guys were also able to push the nerfs towards Brawlers when everyone was complaining about Brawlers, but right now it's the Mystic thralls and these changes needs to be applied as soon as possible.
    ๖ۣۜFaith - 65 Lancer
    ๖ۣۜAlexstrazia - 65 Brawler
    ๖ۣۜValithra - 65 Sorc
  • @Spatsu rerolling for what? There's no pk fights/content in general anymore. (Tsunami disbanded cause Sultan and some officers left, and well, I'm pretty sure that codex & score also realized that vo fights were pointless) And well, we had 1 mystic online last CU, not complaining, but I think it's time for all of us to make a mystic/warrior/lancer leveling event.

@Eliannah making a new char on gw2 rn.
  • There wasn't any content since vm4 until they removed the crusade because there was no point fighting other guilds as it gave nothing and losing sucks so nobody wanted to risk their ego unless winning was secured. That's why it's all about VO but everyone should know how it is and it's been unfair since ever as it is now just in a different way.

I mean "I can't zerg VO anymore because there are mystics killing everyone" but wouldn't be zerging unorganized people unfair as well?. And if we talk about really organized fights I recall the known guilds never came to an agreement for whatever reasons. not blaming any of them right now, except for a few times but I wouldn't call it very successful if it just happened like 10 times in 3 years.
  • Yeah @Spatsu, as I said, this game became garbage.

But well the only ""VO content"" left was prolly Tsunami/Codex/Score fighting, which was braindead, but u still could "have fun" sometimes. Now there's no PK at all anymore, except some mystics using all their thralls to oneshot everyone. And yeah you're right, VO fights always were unfair.
  • Haven't seen anyone else really mentioning this, but the lancer shout debuff where you can't get giga'd again doesn't seem to be working correctly. Before anyone says it's probably the old giga hitting, it's really not as that one can pull 6 people max and I'm seeing large groups pulled from giga to giga with only a few seconds between.
  • @Spatsu: your first post I agree with 90%, mass PvP players are always brainless when it comes to avoiding attacks. They don't react. Even the "organized" ones think they're so pro in just chaining a combo together over VoiP, but never dodging an enemy. And ofc if they die it's "getting zerged", it's unthinkable that the enemy also knows how to chain a few combos together as well.

However, when you have one class able to pull so many it's kind of retarded. Giga before was okish, now it's pathetic. I don't know about priest immunity (kind of completely quit), but it sounds retarded as well (alliance immunity much?).

I mean yeah, game was never balanced, but there's a point where the power creep is too much. "Everything is so unbalanced that it might as well be balanced" is not a good gameplay, even if it's true. And mind you, this is NOT the first game completely ruined by power creep that I played.

I played games where you had to be very selective with debuffs and cleanses (unlike cheese mode in TERA) and the order in which you apply them. One of them got reduced to so much CC and debuffs with power creep that now the cleanses are more ridiculous than TERA's, you can even cast them when stunned, and it has no cooldown, because there's too much CC. And that's supposed to be "good" because it's "balanced"? Even if it were balanced, it's completely SHIT and just brainless spamming now, compared to how it used to be, so yeah, it sucks.
  • lol spatsu is one of those players that will always play this game regardless of the trash it becomes. This is the sick mentality that devs like.

Motto: "play around the issues"

Nice
  • How can you even know if I'm playing or not and even if I did which I don't unless someone asks me to play with them basically because what I enjoy is playing with people regardless the game unless it completely doesn't fit my taste.

@Lethen Don't know if it works or not since I just read the debuff (which says it should) but I didnt do anything besides a couple of dungeons and some VO stuff since patch came out. Same as I don't know if you actually can dodge/avoid it as you could do on a normal giga.
  • A healer one shotting people with 1 skill is already a meme and there's not much to talk about, no matter opinions.
    Step by step the game is becoming even more retarded and right now the only thing that's still playable in terms of pvp is BGs (even if imo developers fcked up badly with mana charge)

I seriously hope developers will never add awakening to BGs since it will definitely kill this game.
    They should fix pvp dmg about awakening skills, make all BGs eq.gear + remove cap and fix matchmaking system since matches are clearly ruined too often by sync queuers.

But i guess we all know these things will never happen or, if they will happen, is gonna be too late probably.
  • I dont think they will add awakening to bgs but who knows, maybe they disabled them for now while we wait for the rest awakening updates...

Honestly they should just disable pvp dmg on each awakening skill and make them pve only skills. And for those who lost their skills, an ability to switch between unawakened and awakened. But we really need those changes as fast as possible or pvp will die out totally
  • Without knowing how the feedback is given or how it even change the game, i dont judge over it.

i just know the results are never good enough. At this point it would be a nice step from BHS/GF to offer the community this kind of process they are doing here. (Just as example)

Lets wait what comes out, i dont think they mess it up complete, but improve it in a right way. Most of the awakenings are not bad, the base idea give a nice variation of gameplay and make some classes real challenging (think slayer was pretty nice, except the insane dmg)

Overall this game will go on ...
  • Well honestly, a good start would be to really push those thrall nerfs from the Mystics ASAP. And preferably during that or after also some changes to the BAM times/announcements because those are kinda ridiculous right now as well.
    ๖ۣۜFaith - 65 Lancer
    ๖ۣۜAlexstrazia - 65 Brawler
    ๖ۣۜValithra - 65 Sorc
  • I wouldn't even be surprised if awakening skills were avalaible in BGs once every class gets it, since this game is a meme

However if they do it, I'll just quit, and I don't think I'm the only one who thinks so.
  • Eliannah wrote:

Well now it has changed, except for the poor archer class. Since i see that you're answering to Deflay, i'm just gonna go with that : i'm pretty sure what he's saying has something to do with the fact that archer has been a bottom tier class since years.
    Thats not right. Archer was strong since Tera release. Archer is strong atm too. The difference between archer and most other classes atm is: You need to do way more to be dangerous, while in other classes you just need to backsteb or push some skills do teal tons of dmg.

I just can speak out of a "1vs1" player and sure atm its hard to face warrior or the dmg monster slayer. But there are ways to outplay them.
    Atm i take this patch like last period when archer has some kind of disadvantages... Learn to deal with it and master it.
  • Archer was strong at the release i guess but got a major nerfs at the end of 2013 and suffered trough the years. Auto-attack being completely useless, breakaway bolt not being an actual iframe for years, rain of arrows splitted damages being too low and probably another bunch of examples. It probably got stronger when all that got fixed, but it's now bottom tier again due to awakening.

@Athena I saw you "liked" the original post, i'd like to know if this is a "Yeah yeah i did read your Bible" or a "I'm gonna forward the requests" type of like.
    ">
  • @Athena Thanks.

While i'm at it, and since i have nothing else to do now than waiting for the guild bam to spawn (really hope you're gonna change that, it's getting annoying), i'm gonna talk about something else.

What the hell is that merge for? I mean, opening all these new servers was a mistake in the first place anyways because they weren't supposed to get populated. But why such pointless merges now? You're gonna add 50 to 100 players bare maximum on servers that are also almost dead themselves, makes no sense. Why not making a bigger merge so that there is just 2 servers left at the end? I'm talking about Mystel & Killian because let's be honest, even if the population is still low it's still higher than all the others combined, and because having 1 PvP and 1 PvE server seems like the best option. I'm not sure about what i'm gonna say, but i would assume that it would be less of a hassle to manage 2 servers only and might even be cheaper, but then again i don't know much about all that.
    ">
  • Eliannah wrote:

@Athena Thanks.

While i'm at it, and since i have nothing else to do now than waiting for the guild bam to spawn (really hope you're gonna change that, it's getting annoying), i'm gonna talk about something else.

What the hell is that merge for? I mean, opening all these new servers was a mistake in the first place anyways because they weren't supposed to get populated. But why such pointless merges now? You're gonna add 50 to 100 players bare maximum on servers that are also almost dead themselves, makes no sense. Why not making a bigger merge so that there is just 2 servers left at the end? I'm talking about Mystel & Killian because let's be honest, even if the population is still low it's still higher than all the others combined, and because having 1 PvP and 1 PvE server seems like the best option. I'm not sure about what i'm gonna say, but i would assume that it would be less of a hassle to manage 2 servers only and might even be cheaper, but then again i don't know much about all that.
    Cannot agree more, but I'd just merge everything together tbh. But I guess they have to keep language specific servers, maybe even pve & pvp, must be something in their contract/liscence whatever. Otherwise it doesn't make much sense not to fully merge (at least the PvE server for now), I thought Manahan was some kind of test for a future upcoming merge, guess not.

As for the future, I'm wondering how they'll deal with one of Ktera's latest (well almost a month old now) change, which was to (or at least its how I understood it) remove PK altogether, so server roles (on other region than Ktera, since they don't have specific servers there) wouldnt serve any purpose anymore, appart from GvG I guess,unless PvE server people can still put themselves as "pacifist".

seraphinush-gaming.tumblr.com/

2018.04.12 patch notes | K TERA
    1. PVP
    • Disabled Outlaw content
    • Existing skill is turned off, and Infamy reset to 0
    Maybe I simply misunderstood what it meant tho.