Rotation for awaken Warrior?

• Warrior
    • Astarte wrote:

shouldn't the rotation be completely fluid if you get 3% cd mask?
      There is no rotation, that concept already fails because Warriors have Blade Draw resets and cooldown management to deal with. There is only priority chains. And even without the CDR mask, you should be playing fluently unless you make major mistakes. The mask primarily smoothens out the chains and gameplay within Deadly Gamble, particularly with a Mystic.

Momojunketsu wrote:

After trying this new Warrior "Rotation" i come to a conclusion:

1. i cant play DD with a high PING^^
      2. I failed in most animation canceling, which makes me "slow"
      3. Too slow to notice that my BD reset or not reset -.-

Anyone could help my with this?
      If you have high ping, warriors are... straight out a bad choice. Your chains won't be fluid and will sometimes even fail, causing slow casts because of all the delays between skills. This hurts even more with Warrior tanks because you need to block there as well. I strongly advise against playing Warrior (tank) with high ping, unless you want to be a detriment to your party.

Regarding the animation cancelling, that may be a result of either your high ping or you not being used to the reactions. But in general a higher ping will make animation cancelling harder because of the response time. If you are unused to cancelling your skills, it is a whole different story and you should just try to practice it.

Regarding the Blade Draw reset reaction, again, there is no tips anyone could give you other than telling you to practice. Actually with that high ping it should be even easier since you will have a bit more time to react since you are generally a bit slower.

Enic wrote:

For DG your rotation seems to be a bit bigger than it should be. A KTERA player recommends scything at 8 edge if BD does not reset during DG:docs.google.com/document/d/14r…5QmqAubCW5NN8tTw1y2o/edit

Yeah, no offense to the creator, but that guide also has a lot of misinformation in it. For example, you don't need to DFA/etc. at start unless you run with Brawler, you usually don't need to stack your traverse for first Deadly Gamble since you will pop all buffs anyway and have enough Attack speed unless you play Canephora, PB does not have higher priority than RoB in Deadly Gamble since lower DMG and can cause bottleneck.

Scything at 8 edge will only cause you to bottleneck your Aerial Scythe unless you had to roll/dodge a lot beforehand, which is the only case where you should even consider Scything below 10 edge. In every other case you will still get off 4 Aerial Scythes within a Deadly Gamble unless you play with Canephora and have horrible reset RNG.

@Eternyawar
      You're welcome
      Assazinchen - Warrior DPS/Tank / Cataklysma - Lancer

Warrior Awakening Guide
      Lancer Awakening Guide

"Hated by many, wanted by plenty, disliked by some, but confronted by none."
    • cdn.discordapp.com/attachments…30011659534346/glyphs.png

This is the glyph set as shown on the warrior discord. The CDR of DfA is not a necessary glyph and you can use these points freely.

Invite link for warrior discord if you are interested: discord.gg/8nzaTNs
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars
    • Arlos wrote:

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments…30011659534346/glyphs.png

This is the glyph set as shown on the warrior discord. The CDR of DfA is not a necessary glyph and you can use these points freely.

Invite link for warrior discord if you are interested: discord.gg/8nzaTNs
      OmG dfa is so important for me ;)
      Im in that discord now ty!
      Cheers for a better Tera-World!
      :elin1:
      -----Momo-----
    • Tomo wrote:

Gj, keep up the good work, all i can say to you, keep on training and mostly have fun and don't get frustrated to not reach the ultimate top dps as others do (they mostly play over 2-3years)
      Ty a lot, I’ll try not to forgetter fun playing it ;)
      -----Momo-----
    • Hi,
      I'd like to ask you all for your opinion on the mask: Which stat is the best for Warrior and why?

Is 3% cdr worth it or should I just take the 6 Power?

I want to maximize my dps and I don't often play with very good groups, so I don't really need the 3% cdr on deadly gamble, because I rarely have cd left on it when the boss reaches enrage. So are 3% cdr doing anything to your other fighting skills or not?

Hope I find some answers here :elin39:

We do not stop playing games, because we grow old,
      we grow old, because we stop playing.

• Well. Taking power is simply not worth it, because you already have tons of power sources, and assuming you have "perfect" gear and optimal rolls etc., you'll reach somewhere around.. 58 + 253, (that's with full HO gear + etchings), which means at this point your power start to diminish heavily, making it less effective.

Taking the crit power is kinda.. well. Let's not go into the details, but let's just say that the effect is really based on RNG and moreover, we have the diminishing effect once again.

The crit factor one is a joke on Warrior, since you can reach crit factor cap without the extra crit factor here.

That leaves out only the CDR one, which isn't only the choice you should, by power of elimination, but also because CDR is a stat, of which the sources are few. In this case: Only weapon, armor and etchings. And let's be honest: Taking BD CDR on armor, is virtually useless, compared to the BD damage, especially with the new glyph etc.

CDR helps you both in DG, out of DG and so on. In DG you can achieve way less bottlenecks between your scythes, AeS'es and moreover, you will face less bottlenecking when getting BD resets. Out of DG, the reason is obvious, since it makes for WAY smoother rotations, especially if you combine it with double CDR on weapon and priest. It's more or less like playing with CA, tbh.

Summed up: CDR is the best choice, both 'cause of power elimination, but also because of its obvious advantages.
      Semi-good Warrior. Idk. Ask me anything.

Main: Trappiez
      Warr alts: Kittieez, Trashiez, Weak
      Mystic: Nexile
      Zerk: Ahriza
      Archer: Zeltoni
      Sorc: Datella
      Lancers: Stupidlancer, Luna
      Reaper: Shennie, Blue

Only relevant chars honestly.

Warrior guide
    • There are no more diminishing returns with power, they removed the cap with the awakening patch.

That means the first power you get is exactly the same as the 300th power you get.
      Every point of power = 815 attack dmg on my warrior.

So the mask gives me 6 power = 4890 attack dmg which is a attack power increase of ~1%.

3% cdr vs 1% dmg increase overall is the question :3

We do not stop playing games, because we grow old,
      we grow old, because we stop playing.

• Caldra wrote:

There are no more diminishing returns with power, they removed the cap with the awakening patch.

That means the first power you get is exactly the same as the 300th power you get.
      Every point of power = 815 attack dmg on my warrior.

So the mask gives me 6 power = 4890 attack dmg which is a attack power increase of ~1%

There are diminishing returns in overall damage gained from that power though, evident from the math itself. It doesn't matter if one power always equals the same amount of damage. Yes, you may gain the same amount of damage every time - but how much is this going to affect the raw damage that you have already stacked up?
      (100 + total power + additional power) / (100 + total power) is the formula, if you want an extreme example, compare extremely low to extremely high total power values.

My point is, the higher your current power is, the less the aditional power contributes to overall gain, since an increase of 6 power is a much more noticable impact from, for example, 100 power, compared to, let's say, 400 power.

Anyway, 6 power is in no way ever worth giving up 3% CDR. And there is multiple reasons for it, Trappiez already pointed them out.
      First of all, you are unable to get CDR from any other slot in your gear other than weapon and etchings.

Secondly, you already gain enough power from other sources. Gear, buffs, Consumables... there is no need to stack up even more. Yes, it may be 1% raw damage, roughly - but you lose quite a bit quality of life in return. And finally, if you manage to easily align your Deadly Gamble because your party might be bad, or fights just generally longer, you might actually want to just use your Deadly Gamble off cooldown - if you would have managed to get an extra Deadly Gamble that way, you already completely offset any disadvantage from using it in a non-enrage. In this case, a CDR mask helps you gain more uptime, of course.
      Not to mention it is a general quality of life tool with all other skills as well, particularly in Mystic parties, and outside of Deadly Gamble.

In my honest opinion, taking anything other than the CDR mask is - on most classes - just foolish, the stat is just that good.

The next warrior telling me there are static rotations will have a word with me
      Assazinchen - Warrior DPS/Tank / Cataklysma - Lancer

Warrior Awakening Guide
      Lancer Awakening Guide

"Hated by many, wanted by plenty, disliked by some, but confronted by none."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Assazinchen ().

• Tomo wrote:

3%cdr is only effective IF you can use the 3% at all, if you still play with same rotation without getting higher hpm, then the power is better. Cdr just might feel smoother

Well, that'd apply to any situation. The other stats are only useful, as well, if you know how to utillize them, and actually know how to do proper rotations and prioritizing on Warrior, and on any other class for that matter. It just so happens, that CDR is way more all-around, and are way more rewarding, if you actually have an idea how to use it.
      Semi-good Warrior. Idk. Ask me anything.

Main: Trappiez
      Warr alts: Kittieez, Trashiez, Weak
      Mystic: Nexile
      Zerk: Ahriza
      Archer: Zeltoni
      Sorc: Datella
      Lancers: Stupidlancer, Luna
      Reaper: Shennie, Blue

Only relevant chars honestly.

Warrior guide
    • Trappiez wrote:

Tomo wrote:

3%cdr is only effective IF you can use the 3% at all, if you still play with same rotation without getting higher hpm, then the power is better. Cdr just might feel smoother
      Well, that'd apply to any situation. The other stats are only useful, as well, if you know how to utillize them, and actually know how to do proper rotations and prioritizing on Warrior, and on any other class for that matter. It just so happens, that CDR is way more all-around, and are way more rewarding, if you actually have an idea how to use it.
      well, "know how to utilize" 6 more power or not doesnt change anything. you just press the same skill as you would do before, nothing changes here so you don't need to know how to utilize more power. just play as you would without mask and just deal a tiny bit more dmg.

Cdr however changes (or forces you) to change a littlebit of gameplay. if you can't adept (its just not beginner friendly thats what i am trying to tell), the cdr won't help you at all. I am not saying that cdr is useless, it is really good if you can use it and actually benefit from the effect. But 6more power will always effect your damage, its doenst matter how bad you play. more power=more dmg. cdr however is only usefull if you are good by yourself. If you can't achieve higher HPM (hits per minutes), then cdr didn't help you, because that's what cdr does.
    • CDR is somewhat unique. 6 power can easily bypassed by a tempestous elixir which gives 7 power IRCC.

CDR is nice because without it it feel wrong. sometimes my BD have just a few milli sec after some opener but then i chain it in slow motion. That why i like Priests tbh. 5% cdr is just nice and i feel the difference if i run with a mystic after some priest runs.

well i play on mobile internet so my ping is somewhat shit but CDR actually helps alot and i thought CDR is a stats which only benefits low ping player

(btw playing on 80 - 130 ms)
    • Assazinchen wrote:

Momojunketsu wrote:

After trying this new Warrior "Rotation" i come to a conclusion:

1. i cant play DD with a high PING^^
      2. I failed in most animation canceling, which makes me "slow"
      3. Too slow to notice that my BD reset or not reset -.-

Anyone could help my with this?
      If you have high ping, warriors are... straight out a bad choice. Your chains won't be fluid and will sometimes even fail, causing slow casts because of all the delays between skills. This hurts even more with Warrior tanks because you need to block there as well. I strongly advise against playing Warrior (tank) with high ping, unless you want to be a detriment to your party.
      the PING is really a huge thing as warrior! Like u said warrior cant use all the skills freely if u have high ping, i tried it many times and i really make huge different movements and damage with low PING.
      -----Momo-----