Rotation for awaken Warrior?

• Warrior

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• If it stacks to 50 (1 stack on every successful attack skill iirc), it will disappear and you'll get a new buff for 10 sec. After that new buff disappears it starts to stack from 1 to 50 again, and so on...
    • Odrakis wrote:

Assazinchen wrote:

It is pretty much a waste considering BW is best used right after a scythe as animation cancel/just before an aerial scythe at 8 edge for the added crit bonus on the first part of the skill. In your example, unless you used the second BW to chain into another Blade Draw (but even then, this could be questioned), you are pretty much wasting the animation canceling property + the damage boost from the extra crit you gain from using BW.
      But that's what's shown in the image above - BW > BD, but in that case, BD is the slow animation like you would use it without any skill prior. I don't get it. The game says it too - BW chains into BD, but it doesn't. BD gets the slow animation instead the quick one you get, e.g. after using RF > BD
      Turn of your Skillprediction. They won't work with new chains
    • Odrakis wrote:

Assazinchen wrote:

It is pretty much a waste considering BW is best used right after a scythe as animation cancel/just before an aerial scythe at 8 edge for the added crit bonus on the first part of the skill. In your example, unless you used the second BW to chain into another Blade Draw (but even then, this could be questioned), you are pretty much wasting the animation canceling property + the damage boost from the extra crit you gain from using BW.
      But that's what's shown in the image above - BW > BD, but in that case, BD is the slow animation like you would use it without any skill prior. I don't get it. The game says it too - BW chains into BD, but it doesn't. BD gets the slow animation instead the quick one you get, e.g. after using RF > BD
      ...Without wanting to sound rude, I am really starting to question whether you are being serious or not.

Blade Waltz->Blade Draw is a chain, how come I see me and many other warriors use it without any problems? The window for chaining it is even pretty large compared to the other blade draw chains. Either you are really insanely slow/have very high ping (which I doubt if you are on Yurian), or... "something else" is up. :rolleyes:

In any case, it sounds fishy.

And after BD, you don't need to use another BW to cancel that one. It doesn't do you any good in most cases, as i stated earlier.

Momojunketsu wrote:

Assazinchen wrote:

If anything, edge management has become more irrelevant in some situations, since scythe is always going to be up and thanks to Blade Waltz, you can easily manage your edge to be at at least 10 edge at every scythe (or 8,9,10 for an aerial scythe).
      what you mean with "scythe always up"?
      Exactly what Enic wrote (though I am not a "he"), your scythe will always be off cooldown whenever you are at 10 edge because of the passive which reduces scythe CD when blade draw hits. Before the awakening, there were instances in which you were stacking edge too fast (in fact, it happened quite often), so you had some filler time inbetween.

Now, you will always have it up at 10 edge, the only exception being if you play warrior tank, have insane luck and play without double CDR rolls on your weapon, in which case you are still able to outstack your scythe cooldown.

LeviathanX wrote:

Anyone here who understands this "tempest aura"?!
      That thing has a number and a countdown timer... in the buff bar. However, I think I only managed it once to let it stay the full 45 seconds...(Though, it didn't refresh; i.e. restart counting at 45 sec). In most cases it disappears on average five seconds.. So yea, I don't really get this buff..
      ???

It's really easy.

Each time you hit an enemy with the final hit of any skill, you gain one stack of the tempest aura buff. Each stack gives you 0,1% Attackspeed and Cooldown reduction and stacks up to 50 times. These stacks are up for 45 seconds before they expire.

Once you reach 50 stacks, the buff is overwritten a stronger version (5% more damage) which lasts 10 seconds. After that, the process of stacking begins again. You can't pre-stack this buff, since it is lost when going out of combat status.

When you use deadly gamble, it is overwritten by an even stronger version which gives you 10% damage, 7% attackspeed and cooldown reduction for 10 seconds.
      Assazina - Warrior DPS/Tank / Cataklysma - Lancer

Warrior Awakening Guide
      Lancer Awakening Guide

"Hated by many, wanted by plenty, disliked by some, but confronted by none."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Assazinchen ().

• @Assazinchen

If BW > BD is in slowmotion people using outdated Skillprediction. New Skills and Chain aren't supported. A friend (no seriously a friend) had the same trouble.. after deleting SP every Chain works fine.

@Thread

I have problem to keep up TC stacks and atkspeedbuff from evasiveroll/DFA (since u can cancel Animatrion with BW). Since there are so many possible chains and faster cooldown recovery rate (due to hitting BD and Scythe) i dont find the perfect frame for TC or roll because BD is up or other important skills.

Other problem is .. where to bin all these new skills.. QQ are there skills which are useless for rotation (RF for example only for gap closing)
    • I have my Skillbar in the attachments as an example. Btw I have a mouse with 12 thumbkeys since I know people will wonder about the hotkeys.
      Images
      • Unbenasdfnnt.png

113.43 kB, 551×361, viewed 213 times
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars
    • Assazinchen wrote:

???

It's really easy.

Each time you hit an enemy with the final hit of any skill, you gain one stack of the tempest aura buff. Each stack gives you 0,1% Attackspeed and Cooldown reduction and stacks up to 50 times. These stacks are up for 45 seconds before they expire.

Once you reach 50 stacks, the buff is overwritten a stronger version (5% more damage) which lasts 10 seconds. After that, the process of stacking begins again. You can't pre-stack this buff, since it is lost when going out of combat status.

When you use deadly gamble, it is overwritten by an even stronger version which gives you 10% damage, 7% attackspeed and cooldown reduction for 10 seconds.
      Hm, well thanks... most of it works as you describe.. but sometimes the stack disappears before the 45sec are at 0; at least my observation. I presume there is a "timeout" between the hits to keep the stack up since I am definitely not out of combat (just a longer blocking phase)..

Guess I should record some runs for myself to be certain of it..

At least, that aura concept with CDR is pretty nice. Done right you can, for example, reduce the Blade Frenzy CD pretty quick i.e. no full three minutes; at least my observation.

(well, i am not a (full) fixed rotation person after all... I use chains "fitting best" to the current situation)
      Warrior {A&D} (454), Reaper (440), Priest (431), Mystic (440), Ninja (427), Valkyrie (430), Archer (433)
    • @Assazinchen

TY! i cant follow others-ppl rotation, but thx you all for the input. at the end we have to try our best rotation!
      one thing im sure that i have to use areal Scythe before the scythe to push the CD.

Playing warrior now is so much fun after the awaken^^

BTW i am tank warrior, which makes all those rotation harder :D
      but the new skill can even block and avoid hits, how awsome is that!

~~~~~ Kamuijunketsu - Warrior ~~~~~
      ~~~~ Kamuisenketsu - Mystic ~~~~
      ~~ Momosenketsu - Sorcerer ~~
      ~ Lancérmomo - Lancer ~

Profile pictures inspired by Tales of Zestria
    • Enic wrote:

I'd say VS > BD is generally a better chain than RF > BD
      I disagree. This may have been true in the past (admittedly, VS is even faster now if you glyph it), but due to its rework, there are problems with it.

In the situation which my image depicts, it's actually garbage now, since Vortex->BD would give you only 4 edge. The only use of it that would make sense would be to do BW->Vortex->BD... but why would you waste the crit chance bonus from BW on Vortex slash, especially when BD is up regardless? And even in the case of a BD reset, considering that it is also faster and more efficient to just get to 10 edge if you can and then use aerial scythe, instead of forcibly going for 8 or, in vortex->BDs case, 9 edge to do it, you are wasting time when using it. Long story short, it is an utter waste while in deadly gamble.

Another problem is the long CD, making it highly situational, to the point where it is almost unreliable. And I strongly advise against wasting any glyph points into cooldown reduction for it.

It is still situationally better than RF->BD outside of deadly gamble. But with the addition of BW and the abundance of edge-skills that Warrior has right now, you rarely get into those situations. If you further count in the changes on Vortex slash itself, it's clear that the Vortex->BD combo has actually been pushed off into lower priority.

Momojunketsu wrote:

@Assazinchen

TY! i cant follow others-ppl rotation, but thx you all for the input. at the end we have to try our best rotation!
      one thing im sure that i have to use areal Scythe before the scythe to push the CD.

Playing warrior now is so much fun after the awaken^^

BTW i am tank warrior, which makes all those rotation harder :D
      but the new skill can even block and avoid hits, how awsome is that!

1 Aerial scythe -> 2 normal scythes is the general rule of thumb.

Comboing and edge-stacking in D-stance however is even more situational and complex than it already is in A-stance, since you have to add more edge from blocking, torrent of blows, then count in block canceling aswell, and well, all in all, being a tank, you are more dependant on reacting to what the boss does.

I advise taking the basics from playing warrior as a DPS, but as a warrior tank, you are even more reliant on situational awareness and instinct - so keep practicing, because it's not easy.
      Assazina - Warrior DPS/Tank / Cataklysma - Lancer

Warrior Awakening Guide
      Lancer Awakening Guide

"Hated by many, wanted by plenty, disliked by some, but confronted by none."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Assazinchen ().

• Assazinchen wrote:

I disagree. This may have been true in the past (admittedly, VS is even faster now if you glyph it), but due to its rework, there are problems with it.
      In the situation which my image depicts, it's actually garbage now, since Vortex->BD would give you only 4 edge. The only use of it that would make sense would be to do BW->Vortex->BD... but why would you waste the crit chance bonus from BW on Vortex slash, especially when BD is up regardless? And even in the case of a BD reset, considering that it is also faster and more efficient to just get to 10 edge if you can and then use aerial scythe, instead of forcibly going for 8 or, in vortex->BDs case, 9 edge to do it, you are wasting time when using it. Long story short, it is an utter waste while in deadly gamble.

Another problem is the long CD, making it highly situational, to the point where it is almost unreliable. And I strongly advise against wasting any glyph points into cooldown reduction for it.

It is still situationally better than RF->BD outside of deadly gamble. But with the addition of BW and the abundance of edge-skills that Warrior has right now, you rarely get into those situations. If you further count in the changes on Vortex slash itself, it's clear that the Vortex->BD combo has actually been pushed off into lower priority.
      My bad, I completely agree with you. It's worthless during DG. I thought that rotation was outside of DG due to uneccessary complexity of it

For DG your rotation seems to be a bit bigger than it should be. A KTERA player recommends scything at 8 edge if BD does not reset during DG:
      docs.google.com/document/d/14r…5QmqAubCW5NN8tTw1y2o/edit

So you do BW > BD (no reset) > BW > PB > Aerial Scythe (if off cd, both parts) or just Scythe
      With reset BW > BD > BW > BD > Aerial (skip 1st) or normal scythe

The post was edited 1 time, last by Enic ().

• After trying this new Warrior "Rotation" i come to a conclusion:

1. i cant play DD with a high PING^^
      2. I failed in most animation canceling, which makes me "slow"
      3. Too slow to notice that my BD reset or not reset -.-

Anyone could help my with this?

~ Lancérmomo - Lancer ~

• If you use Shinrameter you can edit it to show you resets but I made the experience it's kinda slow showing them. How to do it is explained somewhere on their github page.
      Otherwise while I use Blade Waltz I look if BD is reset or not and then decide what my next skill is which is also dependant on the Scythe I'm about to use.

Also don't worry I'm also not that good with animation canceling which is harder with high ping I would say. :D
      Tera is a game that should be played with low ping.
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars
    • Buschfunker wrote:

Momojunketsu wrote:

Hey guys,

Anyone figured the best rotation for Warrior after awakening? Ty!
      PvP: Backsteb - Space - Space - Space - Space - Space - win
      Can you really use space at-skill on war?? ;)

~ Lancérmomo - Lancer ~

• Arlos wrote:

If you use Shinrameter you can edit it to show you resets but I made the experience it's kinda slow showing them. How to do it is explained somewhere on their github page.
      Otherwise while I use Blade Waltz I look if BD is reset or not and then decide what my next skill is which is also dependant on the Scythe I'm about to use.

Also don't worry I'm also not that good with animation canceling which is harder with high ping I would say. :D
      Tera is a game that should be played with low ping.
      yea really hard to notice when the right time to do it, especially with pings lol

~ Lancérmomo - Lancer ~