Rotation for awaken Warrior?

• Warrior

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Want a peek at what awaits you for the upcoming patch? Then join our team on December 7th, starting at 06:00 PM CET for a special Livestream!

• Rotation for awaken Warrior?

Hey guys,

Anyone figured the best rotation for Warrior after awakening? Ty!

~~~~~ Kamuijunketsu - Warrior ~~~~~
      ~~~~ Kamuisenketsu - Mystic ~~~~
      ~~ Momosenketsu - Sorcerer ~~
      ~ Lancérmomo - Lancer ~

Profile pictures inspired by Tales of Zestria
    • Something like this usually takes a few tests and because of that a few weeks.
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars
    • thats beginning of fight and burn
      now, can some1 tell me what I do wrong:
      after one combo ended with scythe
      I start next one and when I reach 8 edge I still have 3 sec cooldown at aerial scythe
      and you're supposed to use one new one old scythe in rotation
    • Ty Aman! Will try that also!

~ Lancérmomo - Lancer ~

• Cannot fully recommend the guides because they lack the explanation and further logic behind them though.

But the basic stuff is correct - Blade Waltz is best used as an animation cancel for either scythe skill, its reuse timeframe fits more than well between scythes. Also makes you start off at one edge from the get go, so from there it is easy to get to an even edge number and therefore stacking edge to 10 is going to be done pretty fast. Blade Waltz can also cancel skills you couldn't before, or be used to "chain" skills you couldn't before, but this is the less optimal use of it.

From this point on, it is literally the same as the old warrior - just further expanded with the new skills.

Outside of deadly gamble, you always rotate 1 Aerial scythe -> 2 normal scythes. Be sure to keep track of your deadly gamble CD though, so your Aerial scythe is up when you use it. To get the most out of it, try getting to 8 or 10 edge before using deadly gamble without putting your blade draw on cooldown, this will give you a head start. (Only if it is not your first burst on the boss though!)

There is no ideal "rotation" (and there never was) to the current warriors, it all comes down to situation and, now, class knowledge and instinct.

In deadly gamble, it is not much different, except your edge stacking is much faster and you now rotate between aerial scythe and normal scythe.
      Optimally, you should start off with an aerial scythe which you cancel with a blade waltz into a blade draw. If blade draw isn't up, you can use traverse cut to fill the time inbetween. (Only exception is if your blade draw isn't up after your first aerial scythe if you start with it immediately, which is why I mentioned earlier that you should not put it on cooldown)

From there on, it is normal deadly gamble priorities, with the exception of the following: If you don't reset blade draw after BW -> BD, and the next scythe is an AERIAL SCYTHE, you only use combative -> RoB go into aerial scythe without skipping the first part of the skill, which grants you 2 edge. If you do however get a reset, which would catapult you to 10 edge, skip to the second part directly of aerial scythe directly.

Remember, Aerial scythe can also cancel any skill, so if you have to do backstab to get to 8 edge (or 10, if you really wish to), you can cancel the ending animation with it aswell.

Then there is blade frenzy. Honestly, just use it after your first (aerial) scythe and be done with it (remember that it chains from both scythes). If the fight is long enough, you will be able to reuse it sooner.

Sooner or later, people might discover new playstyles aswell. But we'll have to wait and see for now.
      Assazina - Warrior DPS/Tank / Cataklysma - Lancer

Warrior Awakening Guide
      Lancer Awakening Guide

"Hated by many, wanted by plenty, disliked by some, but confronted by none."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Assazinchen ().

• Well using Blade Waltz is kinda essential now, you can cancel any animation of other skills with it and it gives double crit chance for your next attack.
      So it is quite powerful to chain it for BladeDraw as the critrate of it will go up by a good bit (+ Waltz gives 1 Edge)

What do you exactly mean by "It just doesn't work" ?
      It chains like any other chainskill it just isn't bound to spacebar by default like other skills :P
      twitch.tv/ariikato (occasionally Streaming)
    • If I chain BW > BD the animation of BD doesn't cancel/it's the long animation like I wouldn't use any chainskill before...

EDIT: Got I now. Use BW the first time, then BD and cancel with the second hit of BW. Check.
      Tachibana.Yuzuru, Ninja

The post was edited 1 time, last by Odrakis ().

• awakened warrior new rotation?

hello warriors. so as warriors have been awakened and edge managemant has changed alot,i want to ask what kind of rotations u are using now to max your dps?
    • Odrakis wrote:

EDIT: Got I now. Use BW the first time, then BD and cancel with the second hit of BW. Check.
      Not exactly the best use for it though, as there is no need to cancel Blade Draw.

It is pretty much a waste considering BW is best used right after a scythe as animation cancel/just before an aerial scythe at 8 edge for the added crit bonus on the first part of the skill. In your example, unless you used the second BW to chain into another Blade Draw (but even then, this could be questioned), you are pretty much wasting the animation canceling property + the damage boost from the extra crit you gain from using BW.

Like I said, you can fit a scythe inbetween one BW timeframe (aka within those 8 seconds) perfectly fine, which you can then cancel with BW and follow up into a skill (preferably Blade Draw, which will be a guaranteed crit) that gets a nice crit boost from it. The skills that benefit the most from it are Blade Draw, Rain of Blows, and the first part of Aerial Scythe.

yzzi wrote:

hello warriors. so as warriors have been awakened and edge managemant has changed alot,i want to ask what kind of rotations u are using now to max your dps?
      If anything, edge management has become more irrelevant in some situations, since scythe is always going to be up and thanks to Blade Waltz, you can easily manage your edge to be at at least 10 edge at every scythe (or 8,9,10 for an aerial scythe).

As already mentioned, Warriors never had and never will have fixed rotations that you can follow and is still situation and priority based.
      Even in deadly gamble, it is now so highly situation- and even personal preference-based (if you want to cancel your animations faster or if you rather want the crit-boost for aerial scythe) that you can't make any clear cut rotations out of it. Regardless, here is a draft just to show how this could look:

This should make it pretty clear that the most important ingredient to good warrior gameplay nowadays is, among many others, practice and situational awareness.
      Assazina - Warrior DPS/Tank / Cataklysma - Lancer

Warrior Awakening Guide
      Lancer Awakening Guide

"Hated by many, wanted by plenty, disliked by some, but confronted by none."

The post was edited 2 times, last by Assazinchen ().

• Assazinchen wrote:

If anything, edge management has become more irrelevant in some situations, since scythe is always going to be up and thanks to Blade Waltz, you can easily manage your edge to be at at least 10 edge at every scythe (or 8,9,10 for an aerial scythe).
      what you mean with "scythe always up"?

~ Lancérmomo - Lancer ~

• Momojunketsu wrote:

Assazinchen wrote:

what you mean with "scythe always up"?
      He means when you get 10 edge, scythe will always be up due to the new passive

Orbit Charge:

– [Scythe] cooldown decreased by 0.5 second on successful [Blade Draw] hit.
    • also for the areal scythe?

~ Lancérmomo - Lancer ~

• Assazinchen wrote:

It is pretty much a waste considering BW is best used right after a scythe as animation cancel/just before an aerial scythe at 8 edge for the added crit bonus on the first part of the skill. In your example, unless you used the second BW to chain into another Blade Draw (but even then, this could be questioned), you are pretty much wasting the animation canceling property + the damage boost from the extra crit you gain from using BW.
      But that's what's shown in the image above - BW > BD, but in that case, BD is the slow animation like you would use it without any skill prior. I don't get it. The game says it too - BW chains into BD, but it doesn't. BD gets the slow animation instead the quick one you get, e.g. after using RF > BD
      Tachibana.Yuzuru, Ninja
    • Anyone here who understands this "tempest aura"?!
      That thing has a number and a countdown timer... in the buff bar. However, I think I only managed it once to let it stay the full 45 seconds...(Though, it didn't refresh; i.e. restart counting at 45 sec). In most cases it disappears on average five seconds.. So yea, I don't really get this buff..
      Warrior {A&D} (454), Reaper (440), Priest (431), Mystic (440), Ninja (427), Valkyrie (430), Archer (433)
    • Yeah it disappears before the timer runs out but from what I saw it runs out after 10sec.
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars