from NA to EU some questions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• from NA to EU some questions

so i live in EU which gives me a high ping on NA (120~150ms) while on EU i have somewhat decent ping (50~80ms) well i started playing NA because at that time all i heard was bad things about EU tera and really nice ones from NA (like population policy and so on like 4 years ago) now that all i do in tera is rk and pvp i feel like my ms is really bugging me off and after trying out the EU KN beta i wanted to play on EU just because the low ms now my question is...

what server is the most populated?
      will i find parties to play PVE? (on NA finding pt takes around 1 to 10min)
      will i be able to queue for pvp? (depending on the time NA has around 1min queue for the jackpot BG)
      and most improtantly is EU p2w like i've heard?
      how does costume works when you buy them from the store? is like NA? you buy lootbox (to get the good version) and pray for RNG or you get the costume itself w/o RNG?

EDIT:so i was trying to emulate my UI from NA but... imgur.com/a/VI3SY as you can see on NA the top bar (the one with the profile the options etc...) is bigger on NA than EU is there a way to solve this?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Santetsu ().

• Mystel or Killian are most populated.
      Searching time will probably depend on what you are searching and for which dungeon.
      PvP will only pop during jackpot time but now idea how fast it will be.
      You can buy pretty much everything in the cash shop for upgrading your gear but you don't need to.
      It depends on the costume. Some costumes you can buy directly and some are behind a huge amount of RNG.
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars
    • Torasu wrote:

Mystel's better for PVE nowadays so you're better off there if you don't care about pvp.

As for costumes and RNG, it's just as bad here, if not worse.
      i want to do both pvp and pve so does that means killian does 0 pve?
      also you are telling me 129 tera thaler for the wp skin is not the skin but just a lootbox?

Arlos wrote:

Mystel or Killian are most populated.
      Searching time will probably depend on what you are searching and for which dungeon.
      PvP will only pop during jackpot time but now idea how fast it will be.
      You can buy pretty much everything in the cash shop for upgrading your gear but you don't need to.
      It depends on the costume. Some costumes you can buy directly and some are behind a huge amount of RNG.
      well while i gear up obviously i'll go for the low tier dungeon then eventually top tier basically i wanna know if to find a RKNM it will take 1h (either LFG or IMS)
      also how can i know which i can buy and which is RNG?
    • Santetsu wrote:

well while i gear up obviously i'll go for the low tier dungeon then eventually top tier basically i wanna know if to find a RKNM it will take 1h (either LFG or IMS)also how can i know which i can buy and which is RNG?
      RKNM over IMS can take an hour since people here in EU are not fond of running anything above TRNM over IMS but over LFG the time can wary stongly depending on what you are searching. If you look for a tank it will take as with DPS.
      First off the Wheel of Jackpots often contains some costumes are not available otherwise and everything that is on the wheel is RNG. Probably even worse than everything you have seen on NA.
      Lootboxes are normally called Heroic Chest in the shop so if you see somethign with Heroic Chest in the name it is RNG. Otherwise it is directly the skin.
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars
    • Arlos wrote:

RKNM over IMS can take an hour since people here in EU are not fond of running anything above TRNM over IMS but over LFG the time can wary stongly depending on what you are searching. If you look for a tank it will take as with DPS.First off the Wheel of Jackpots often contains some costumes are not available otherwise and everything that is on the wheel is RNG. Probably even worse than everything you have seen on NA.
      Lootboxes are normally called Heroic Chest in the shop so if you see somethign with Heroic Chest in the name it is RNG. Otherwise it is directly the skin.
      well even as DPS on NA creating my own LFG takes around 10 to 20min to get a full party for RKNM i suppose here will be harder because i dont have SC+6 like in NA neither skilled so people wont really take me in unless is low geared runs i suppose
    • Hey! I switched from NA over to EU last December, during the event server.

I'd say Mystel and Killian are the most active, but I'm not sure.
      I can't really say anything for the other servers, but Mystel is quite active.
      There are plenty of LFGs throughout the day (most in the evening though).

For being P2W I'd say it's a little worse than on NA, but it's not like you cannot play the game if you don't invest anything in it.
      Dragons and Phoenixes though, EXPENSIVE!!
      For the cosmetics, we have a way different selection directly available on here than on NA.
      For example, all the hanbok outfits are directly available in the cash shop, whereas on NA those are in lootboxes etc.
      Less lootboxes on EU, but some cosmetics are also locked behind the Wheel of Jackpots, which sucks...

(Also in all honesty, EME is now worse than GF in my opinion...)
    • will i find parties to play PVE? (on NA finding pt takes around 1 to 10min)

Only late afternoon-evening, just take a look here to get an idea how the population undulates in TERA: steamcharts.com/app/212740

Personal experience is that it's not worth trying to look for any content (high chances you won't find anyone) in the mornings, early afternoon, or after midnight.

will i be able to queue for pvp? (depending on the time NA has around 1min queue for the jackpot BG)

Short answer: Nope.
      Long answer: Not as you'd (and others) wish. There's a specific BG on "jackpot" each day for a few hours, so you might (huge emphasis on might: i.imgur.com/yNB2nUP.png) get matched in those hours, otherwise it's largely futile to try to get into any BG.

Yes it is, you can swipe your credit card and get BiS instantly, or you can grind your life away (speaking of 1month+ grind from scratch each patch not including dragons, underwear, etc.), up to you.
      It is definitely P2W, no denying. Those who disagree should take a look at the definition of P2W.
    • Moler wrote:

Yes it is, you can swipe your credit card and get BiS instantly, or you can grind your life away (speaking of 1month+ grind from scratch each patch not including dragons, underwear, etc.), up to you.
      It is definitely P2W, no denying. Those who disagree should take a look at the definition of P2W.
      Well that'd make NA p2w by said definition, wouldnt it ? Or pretty much any game that you can make gold selling cashshop items?

Pretty sure what OP meant was more in relation to the grind needed vs p2w. And that's why EU was considered so "p2w" back then, because we had to grind much more than NA to get the same gears. Nowadays tho, its pretty much the same grind wise.

Only real "p2w" is the 2.0 on EU.
    • How would I be able to tell that EU is more p2w than NA... I don't play on multiple regions.

And yes, both NA and EU Tera, and the majority of the games on the market are p2w.
      As long as you get ANY advantage paying as a non-payer, it is a pay 2 win game. Period.

Selling costumes was a way of p2w since 2012-2013, it just got "worse" as in you can get way more advantage via paying these days.
    • Gearing is the same in both regions with the exception of grinding events on NA and Elleon Marks on EU.
      You CAN p2w if you wish to but it is not by any means necessary if you could gear yourself on NA, you can do the same here.

Only dragon, 2.0 dragon is expensive on the other hand if you play during the weekend you get 1.5 dragon for free :D