My Thoughts & Feedback after 1month of play

• My Thoughts & Feedback after 1month of play

I recently decided to play Tera, and set the goal of reaching lv65. I had played the game, only brieflym once before. I love the look and feel of the game. The zones are beautiful and the dungeons are amazing. I love dungeons, so this really captivated me in the game, all the many dungeons and their unique beauty.

I will list this as a pros and cons feedback/review of the game, as I have experienced it so far.

PROS:

• Beautiful zones, characters and animations.
      • Gameplay is fun, and the skills are easily unlocked as you progress.
      • Combat action are good
      • No armor repair
      • When enchanting/upgrading, I didn't lose my weapon if it failed (I'm not sure if this changes later on or not)
      • Monsters are interesting and look awesome
      • Amazing cash shop skins
      • Amazing fashion skins (These can be faily easily obtained without using the cash shop)
      • Traveling is easy
      • Earning gold is easy
      • Reward system is good and has useful items (Dailies, Dungeons, Tokens)
      • When you reach lv65, you are given a set of decent armor and accesories and a good weapon to begin you quest to farm and upgrade your stuff
      • Difference between classes is nice, each class is unique

CONS:

• Height limit on flying mounts (often very low)
      • Unable to dodge mob/boss attacks mid-animation
      • When you are stunned, you can use "retaliation" which has a long animation for a "stun break"
      • Skills and abilities are not responsive and "sharp" they often need to be pressed a few times to activate (This has nothing to do with latency on my end, it is a server-side delay)
      • Gems break upon death
      • Guild Missions are for lv65 only (This goes against what I would define as a "Guild Community" event)
      • Pets have to be fed and are very slow at collecting loot
      • Far too much gambling (For example items that are only obtainable through loot boxes or spinning a wheel of chance. This destroys the game experience when items cannot be obtained through trade or purchase, without being ripped off of course)
      • Dyes only last 1 hour ... I have nothing to say on this, for risk of being banned.
      • End game enchanting and upgrading requires too much grinding because when it fails, you lose your mats (without getting a small amount back) and it only increases the chance to succeed by small percentage.
      • Very poor community, filled with unfriendly players. (Please remember, I've only had 1month of gameplay.)
      • When looking at the "Dressing Room", if you see something you like, when you click "purchase" it takes you to the store and the item isn't there! I've found an armor and weapon set I wanted to buy, only to find out it's no longer available. I guess they don't want my money! lol
    • Rentapest wrote:

PROS:
      • Earning gold is easy
      • Reward system is good and has useful items (Dailies, Dungeons, Tokens)

CONS:

• When you are stunned, you can use "retaliation" which has a long animation for a "stun break"
      • Skills and abilities are not responsive and "sharp" they often need to be pressed a few times to activate (This has nothing to do with latency on my end, it is a server-side delay)
      • Gems break upon death
      • Guild Missions are for lv65 only (This goes against what I would define as a "Guild Community" event)
      • Far too much gambling (For example items that are only obtainable through loot boxes or spinning a wheel of chance. This destroys the game experience when items cannot be obtained through trade or purchase, without being ripped off of course)
      • End game enchanting and upgrading requires too much grinding because when it fails, you lose your mats (without getting a small amount back) and it only increases the chance to succeed by small percentage.
      • Very poor community, filled with unfriendly players. (Please remember, I've only had 1month of gameplay.)

Hey Friend,

i'm actually surprised about your insight after only 1 month of playing.

So - here are some thoughts of myself:

- Earning gold is easy - like 99% of the spoiled playerbase thinks the opposite -> i'd like to know from which MMO you are recently coming.

- Same statement for the reward system - i really liked your opinion as a "neutral & non-spoiled" one here.

-Animationlock+serverside delay: is just on a less amount of skills / depends on your class *** Edited by ~Zancara
      Whereas the server is really crap ^^
      -> I personally like the animation-lock because it requires you to playe with more foresight and BRAIN

- Gambling: long known source of their €€€

- as 100% new player it's really not as easy as it could be, to enchant your gear BUT: earlier you said "earning gold is easy .... rewarding system *pays off* " so imo it's on an average difficulty to get "good gear".

- community: +++
      most likely the community isn't beginnerfriendly or if they are they're most likely Elitists and high-skilled and they don't want to waste time on "random-players"

so to really get the 100% insight in the combat-system with every tricks you need a bit luck to find an "elitist" that sees potential in you...
      conclusion: you're right, as beginner playerbase is either trash on their behaviour or on their skill-lvl ^^

Overall I'd like to know, if you will keep playing or if the "grind" feels to hard and the community is unbearable.

Greetings. :pump:

btw: you're playing on a "new server" which will most likely get merged with the main servers in the future... so i don't know the probably even smaller playerbase there - I'm talking about Killian/ Yurian/ Mystel
    • Rentapest wrote:

CONS:

• Height limit on flying mounts (often very low)
      • Gems break upon death
      • Pets have to be fed and are very slow at collecting loot
      • Dyes only last 1 hour ... I have nothing to say on this, for risk of being banned.
      • When looking at the "Dressing Room", if you see something you like, when you click "purchase" it takes you to the store and the item isn't there! I've found an armor and weapon set I wanted to buy, only to find out it's no longer available. I guess they don't want my money! lol

Not only is the height limit low but also they restricted the part of the map that you could explore with the introduction of the flying mounts. Something that I think should not have been done.

Calculating the animationlock is something that makes up a part of the skill of a player.

Retaliation is being used when you are knocked down. Being stunned is something different.

The backstab of valk, warr and ninja is programmed like shit so they sometimes don't work.

Crystalbinds prevent your crystal from breaking. You get them from dailies and elleons marks.

Players in the leveling process give the guild exp through leveling. Also it's not easy to find an activity that lvl65 and lvl20 players can do and enjoy at the same time.

The being fed is not bad in my opinion but yes they need to work on the speed since collecting loot by hand is faster.

There is veteran apothekerdye which is permanent but since you are on a new server I imagine not many being available.

As you are on a new server where no one had years of time to stock up on materials and good it is normal that the community is poor.

The Dressing Room is a marketing strat from gameforge.
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars