[Returning player] Information about pve and class

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Returning player] Information about pve and class

Hello,

I am a old pvp player who stopped a few years ago (before steam) for lack of pvp players...
      But currently, no mmorpg offers a quality pvp like tera a few years ago. So I would like to come back to the pve.

So now i would like to know more about the current pve on tera.Which class are the most needed actually ?
      What classes are to avoid (shit tier) ?
      What classes are op (god tier) ?

knowing that currently I have (all on killian):
      - Gunner 65
      - Reaper 65
      - Sorc 65
      - Archer 65
      - Zerk 65 (only up to 65 never really played seriously after)So
      - Ninja 65 (only up to 65 never really played seriously after)
      - Valk 65 (only up to 65 never really played seriously after)
      - Lancier 65
      - Brawler 65
      - Mystic 65

So what class did you think I would have to play? If I had to choose without knowing anything I will return to the gunner because it is a class that I already mastery but I will not want to return to a class totally useless.
    • Greetings,

The problems you are likely to face soonish, is the so called "awakening" for half of the classes TERA currently has.

Namely; Lancer, Brawler, Warrior, Slayer, Zerker, Priest, Mystic

the other classes are to follow at a later point.

as it stands, those awakening classes are a lot more competitive than the others for a fair ammount of time, and noone knows yet what the second part has to offer.

generally speaking, the following classes will ALWAYS be more usefull/accepted than the others

Lancer, Warrior, Mystic

As for gunner, since they are not in the First awakening, they are likely to fall into the "shit-tier" you call. this may change, but wont happen before late 2018/2019
    • If you don't want to lvl anything I would recommend Zerk, Lancer or Mystic.
      Zerk is and will be in the future one of the top 3 DPS classes.
      Lancer and Mystic are always more wanted since they increase the dmg of the DPS classes.
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars
    • Oh I did well to ask, I was not aware of the awakening class.

How it's working (more spell/lvl)? It's automatic or some quest need to be done ?
      The class without awakening have their damage buffed already ? or It's later this year ?

Maybe i can wait the release of the male brawler for level up another class (If i remember GM always put a event when new class release). Slayer is good now or is still the worst class like when i have leave ? :p
    • Slayer depends on your RNG luck. With good luck you will be good otherwise not so good.

The awakening will be a quest you need to do. No lvl cap increase and a few new skills per class. Existing skills will be a bit changed.
      The buff for the non awakened classes will get a buff with awakening.

The level up event will be brawler only.

EU:
    • Awakening is unlocked by having a gearscore of 439, which is equivalent to the frostmetal+0 setup, also guardian and twistshard gets reduced enchantmentcosts along the way and gf usualy has league of leveler events before relevant releases, so no worries for that.. Quest is likely to consume under 2h and thats about it

buff is like... 14.5%-17.8% dmg increase... which is just not enough, keep in mind. it gets increased just soonish in ktera by another 7-9%
    • Oki

So i think i will play my lancer for start and maybe switch later when I will have taken my old level again.

Just for be sure, the lancer is viable vs the brawler?
      Because i remember when the brawler released, it's so op that the lancer is not 100% useless but clearly less good for pve and pvp.
    • Brawler got a lot of nerfs and are not op. Also good lancers are pretty close in damage to brawlers.
      Also are more liked by DPS since they have buffs. In general runs with lancer are shorter than with brawler.

EU:
    • Arlos wrote:

Brawler got a lot of nerfs and are not op. Also good lancers are pretty close in damage to brawlers.
      Also are more liked by DPS since they have buffs. In general runs with lancer are shorter than with brawler.
      Talking purely about personal damage, good brawler are doing 30 to 50% more dmg based on moongourd data.
    • jinh wrote:

Talking purely about personal damage, good brawler are doing 30 to 50% more dmg based on moongourd data.
      Balancing wise the 30 to 50% are not enough. Lancers have in RKEM last boss 6 runs of under 7mins in the top ten while brawlers have not a single one.

EU:
    • Arlos wrote:

jinh wrote:

Balancing wise the 30 to 50% are not enough. Lancers have in RKEM last boss 6 runs of under 7mins in the top ten while brawlers have not a single one.
      I did state "talking purely about personal damage".
      Your post did specify that "good lancer are pretty close to brawlers", data shows brawler doing 30 to 50% more damage than lancer. The duration of whatever runs is irrelevant in their personal damage comparaison, as the difference is likely coming from the buffs lancer provide to his party + party composition.

But yeah I do agree that 50% isn't enough balance wise IF the lancer buff to his party members are taken into account, which they aren't in "personal damage" comparaison.