[PvP] Patch 66: Battleground Rankings

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unborn wrote:

Thanks for reply.

Then I vote for option A. I personally find titles useless... If you plan to give an unique title... It should be only for ONE player that get highest combined rating (from screenshot I assume) from CS, FW, premade (CS+FW+premade = highest rank = new unique title).
      Taking CS as part of the equation is senseless. CS is the most rng involved BG ever, i met ppl who barely did pvp and still reached top1 CS due to rng lucky matchmaking. In FW or 3v3 in fact you can carry or make a relevant difference, but thats no happening in CS.
    • Unborn wrote:

I assumed from Atmorph screenshot that rating wont be same anymore? - It should not be same for premade/soloq!
      Guardian premade will die. Its enough to have one geared team in que and rip. Also draw abuse need to be fixed (instead draw -> should be loss). CAP abuse need to be fixed as well.

Tryharding on best classes wont be as efficient as now anymore... Rewards for top 3 on each class... Better to play underdog class and be good with it.

My opinion how to solve this issue:
      1. CAP removed when entering battleground. -> Should be easy to fix.
      2. Draw abuse -> team that drop/kick in skyring premade will automatically lose. -> Should be easy to fix.
      3. Disable soloq rating (or change it to +-0 rating for winning, losing, drawing... who cares if it will still count towards win percentage, when rank is only thing that will matter after this change). Only premade should give players +-. This will allow new players to practice in friendlier environment. -> Should be easy to fix.
      4. Remove big head buff while inside skyring (just for match duration or remove 24 hour buff... idc)! Can not see animations if player is using big head and head costume. -> Should be easy to fix.
      5. Equalize premade.
      6. Keep current rating system! If what Omega wrote is true (more you play = higher rating)... Then just dont bother with rewards for top3 players and just increase rewards for playing.

Om3Ga wrote:

That is not rating, it's points.

The more games you play the higher your score. Doesn't matter if you lose or win (beside more points for a win).

This new "ranking system" is bullshit just like i said 4 months ago.
      No comment if this is true.
      PS: Gameforge staff, good luck with fixing PvP rewards and PvP itself. Hopefully you finally manage to fix it. But lets be honest... We just wasting time for 999th time here on board. :/
      +

Also unban @Unborn. That ban was ridiculous, you request feedback and when getting proper feedback concerning the game and PvP you ban the user.
    • Sershaw wrote:

Taking CS as part of the equation is senseless. CS is the most rng involved BG ever, i met ppl who barely did pvp and still reached top1 CS due to rng lucky matchmaking. In FW or 3v3 in fact you can carry or make a relevant difference, but thats no happening in CS.
      What you mean it's senseless, CS is more about Team play and PvPing when necessary, that makes it different from other bgs. Of course you can see people who barely do PvP are in top ranks. This doesn't mean the BG is senseless, it just prove the point of being a team play bg!

Even if you can't PvP at all, you can still be effective by using siege weapons.

Anyway, lets stop speaking about CS here so we dont Hijack this thread. I would like to discuss it with u in private if u are interested.

Quited Tera, did I? - Sorcerer is Love!
    • @Vayus
      @Athena
      @Atmorph

Can you unban @Unborn?

Stop taking stuff personal, If I have the power to ban every one who talk nonsense to me, I would have banned all players in Killian.

The guy bothered to share his opinion, we all know that he is a good player, HOW CAN YOU GIVE HIM a PERMA BAN ?

Never mind me, but you are acting so Childish!

Also @Vayus I remember having bad situations with u specifically!

• From the moment this 'leaderboard' trash was announced as work-in-progress, it was clear to everyone, and that's EVERYONE - not even necessarily playing during old times and remembering the normal ranking consisting of everyone's personal rating in one place, showing cross-server results as default - that this new... 'system' was going to be complete shit. Losing matches and gaining rank (wtf?!), i.e. getting rewarded for being bad (and I don't mean the participation rewards even if on the losing side at the end of the match!) is utterly retarded. This is no leaderboard, it's SPAMBOARD!

There was a great cross-server leaderboard in the beginning. There was even Murderous Intent for top 100 in Skyring and Battle Charger for top 30 in Fraywind (there weren't other 290 ms mounts!). Then it got replaced by the server-only half-useful Crusade leaderboard (couldn't sort results by anything). And now, after a very long pause and despite us still having our personal ratings AND SERVER RANKS, we're getting this pathetic shit you're calling a leaderboard. I'm sorry but I'm not going to endorse this flawed, spam-over-skill system.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sunflare ().

• Matrixo wrote:

@Vayus
      @Athena
      @Atmorph

Can you unban @Unborn?

Stop taking stuff personal, If I have the power to ban every one who talk nonsense to me, I would have banned all players in Killian.

The guy bothered to share his opinion, we all know that he is a good player, HOW CAN YOU GIVE HIM a PERMA BAN ?

Never mind me, but you are acting so Childish!

Also @Vayus I remember having bad situations with u specifically!
      As my name was mentioned here I will reply to this, I am not sure why you are tagging Atmorph as he got nothing to do with forum moderation at all?

As you should know bans aren't discussed on the forum, if anyone has any questions about their ban they can always send a support ticket.

Please stay at the topic now. Thank you!

NO GAME SUPPORT VIA PM // KEIN GAME-SUPPORT PER PN

ENGLISH: Forum Rules and Guidelines | Chat
      GERMAN: Foren-Regeln und -Richtlinien | Chat
    • well maybe the leaderboard wont show the players that are actually good at the top - if it indeed is accumulated score as we expect. But maybe it will make bgs a bit more active again since u actually have to do bgs to get rank 1. Andif u get significantly more rating for winning, everyone will.hopefully do his best to win....just wishful thinking here
    • I vote for Option A.

Also, as some people already wrote here, I support equalized 3vs3 premade and different ranking list for 3vs3 premade and 3vs3 solo qeue. I don´t want that 3vs3 premade and 3vs3 solo have the same ranking list. It would be to unfair, because of many reasons.

PS: I a hope the way of getting better rating in battlegrounds will be the same as it is now. Those rewards would be useless if you can get higher rating just by losing a game. Some players who play very often and lose all the time, would have higher rating than players who win and cannot play so often. Don´t make PvP a grindfest in this game!
      Only dangerous people are dangerous!

My youtube chanel!
    • Sorry, i fail to see how this will boost activity...
      If rewards are given only to the top, then why someone who can't reach the top even q ? Because he will get 3+8 entropic emblems from gildiron today, so he will be able to upgrade his gear to go into fw+premade :love:

Tbh, bgs are not suffering because hardcore pvpers don't q. These always did, and always will, and always will be at the top of the ladder. What bgs actually suffer from is lack of non hardcore pvpers. Giving rewards to hardcore pvpers won't ever force people that didn't q before, to q now .

Or will the average guy of this game think " Hmmm, i clear mid content dungeons, let's aim to beat the pros" ? Not gonna happen.
      PVP NOT DEAD
      just switched place, forums and global is where pvp action exists
    • Sunflare wrote:

Losing matches and gaining rank (wtf?!), i.e. getting rewarded for being bad (and I don't mean the participation rewards even if on the losing side at the end of the match!) is utterly retarded.
      I dont agree with this.

In my opinion, ranking should be calculated based on K/D/A as well as Win/Draw/Lose.

Otherwise, you will find cases like in CS, when inner gate is down, players don't wanna go inside cause they are afraid to die and get more D in their KDA.

Losing a match, doesn't mean you are bad. It means you tried and you failed. This is not a good evaluation of your skill.

Many of you guys, already experienced this in FW, CS, 3v3, Gridi. You did your best, but you lost the game. Why shouldn't you be rewarded? I mean you wasted your time there, didn't you?

Problem about this approach, is healers and tanks. This approach is perfected for Damage Dealers Classes, but how can you reward a Lancer that always do a Perfect Giga? or a Brawler that know how to Ground Pound? or How can you reward a healer that did perfect plague, regress, kaia, arise, .. etc?

Basically you can't. Would like to hear people suggestions about this.

So the K/D/A will not be a good way to show how good you are, unless you are a DD

So how should the ranking be calculated?

Perfect approach,
      For DDs: By K/D/A and Win/Draw/Lose
      For Tanks: By how many people died cause of the Giga, (By how many people get buffs from lancer) and by the K/D/A and by Win/Draw/Lose
      For Healers: By how much all the players during the match got healed from that healer, and by how often all the people had buffs, and how many people got debuffed during the match. and by the K/D/A and by Win/Draw/Lose

Question is, is this possible ?
      I hope you answer this, @Atmorph

• Matrixo wrote:

Perfect approach,
      For DDs: By K/D/A and Win/Draw/Lose

The problem with this KDA thing is that some classes can do easy more kills than other classes.
      I like the rating idea, when top 3 players get better rewards than the rest(this doesn´t mean that the rest dont get rewards). If top 3 players of each class get better rewards in bgs, more people will try to be better and get best rating. There are a lot of good PvP players, who play PvP, but don´t try so hard to win. Such a ranking list with rewards for top 3 players of each class, would improve the competition a lot. Right now, I have very bad ping and I don´t do much about it, but when I see this thread and when I imagine that there could be ranking lists in tera with top 3 players of each class, who will get rewards, it motivates me a lot to get a better internet connection, so that I can PvP well. It´s because I am pretty addicted to competition with statistics. I just love the idea to fight in a competition with statistics where I give my best in order to be the best. I love this endless fight just to get every season rank 1(or the best rank you can get) in a competition.
      Only dangerous people are dangerous!

My youtube chanel!
    • Matrixo wrote:

Many of you guys, already experienced this in FW, CS, 3v3, Gridi. You did your best, but you lost the game. Why shouldn't you be rewarded? I mean you wasted your time there, didn't you?
      If some people feel like PvP is a waste of their time they shouldn't even do it..
      Doing it primarily for fun = no time wasted.

But yes, the losers should also get rewarded for playing. Obviously not as big as the winners.
    • Today i won 2/6 gridiron matches
      I got 3+8 entropic , and also got 500 metamorphic emblems + 1 prime battle solution . As for vanguards i got 280 gold *2 and 100(?) vanguard credits.

Yesterday i won 3/5 fraywind matches and the highest i got was wood CRAP * 66 and 60(?) elleon's!

So yep, winners are not rewarded anything, like anything whatsoever. If i had done rg runs instead of pvping, i would have gotten (let's say 4 runs per hour) : 2400 gold/hour for 6 hours : 14.5k (and more elleon's) but instead i got around 3000 gold and shit :D
      PVP NOT DEAD
      just switched place, forums and global is where pvp action exists
    • Since the new leaderboards is bad because you can grind for point even if u lose can you adjust it?

I mean it should be possible that player who lose gets 0 rating while only wins gives rating (if 0 isn't possible then reduce points for lose just to 1 point)

With this change people need to win since loseing or afking in bg ins't worth anymore.

Atleast it would be more a leaderboard.
    • You can't have a functional PvP leaderboard for a disfunctional game with a grind mindset playerbase.

If the rewards are account shared you just go to the best class to grind for them esily. (MI was a good example of reward since you needed to play the class you wanted to use it on.)

As it is now, should be enough with just a leaderboard (even if the design is garbage) and some rewards to at least get in some BGs during the day.
    • I vote for Option C: We consider the Top 5 (of each class) of a specific BG only

Considered BG's should be 3v3 and FW, since CS and Grid are irrelevant and mostly reliant on RNG match making and sync quers.

Please:

- Separate 3v3 solo q and premade q ranking! I know it's the same BG but it's two different things!

- Draws should not result in a loss of rating for the side getting drawed. (Prevent force draws)

- Finally remove the CA buff when entering a BG!

- Remove the rating gap in 3s. (This has been done for other regions as well. 200 rating gap is too low.)

- Give the top players an actual reward, like murderous intent and something they're able to make gold out of. Titles are nice for ones e-peen but useless imo.

- Of course rating should be based on the win rate and the KDA, not just accumulated points for queing BG's as often as possible… This game is enough of a grind fest, don’t turn the ranking into a grind fest as well.

- Buff rewards of all BG's. Make it actually rewarding! Even if PvP in this game nowadays is only meant to be a side aspect, it should at least be somewhat rewarding for the people that care about it and like doing it. You can't just force a PvP player to grind content he doesn't like (PvE) and / or P2W in order to get his gears done, which he actually needs again in order to PvP properly. (Talking about unequalized Fraywind)

You get a whole bunch of important mats to further enchant your Stormcry gear for a single run of RKEM every time you clear it and it keeps piling up the more you do it, while it’s not even hard to clear. At the same time you try your best carrying a hard game in PvP and even if you manage to do so, you literally don’t get anything out of it. That’s just pretty unfair. After a couple thousand opened BG boxes, I’m still waiting for my first elemental essence. Meanwhile my bank is full of it just from RK… Maybe you could bring back diamond games, like NA did. Just do something in order to make PvP rewarding please (Ofc only make winning the games rewarding, rewards for losing games would be counterproductive).
    • I changed my mind... I also vote for option B: We consider the Top 5 (of each class) over all the BGs. -> (FW+CS+Skyring)/3 = rating
      Why?
      Because this way you will actually reward players that are keeping every battleground alive. And you will reward players that are not feeding with their undergeared alts because they are too afraid to que with main. This will also make games harder if more players will que with their best geared characters.

PS: Had some problems with account so I asked board admin to delete my old account. Was never banned tho. ;D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Unborn ().