Another PVE event

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Another PVE event

Is it that hard to create a pvp event ? Apparently, it isn't! (Judging from manahan and the fact that you put a counter for non-Bams in instances)
      But why create a pvp event when we can have another pve/afk one ?

Seriously, good job, we've been crying both in forums and global to even change the TIMESCHEDULE for bgs,never mind the jackpot rewards or vg rewards, and what do you do ? Absolutely nothing!
      Instead you create events of all types for pvers. Well, patience is running low
      PVP NOT DEAD
      just switched place, forums and global is where pvp action exists
    • Tera Manager: "Boys we need events to keep player numbers high, we need to keep our margin positive! Ideas, now!"
      Employee 1: "Yeah nice, we got plenty of ideas, here are some." - Continues to explain his ideas, including PvE and PvP events...
      Tera Manager: "So which one will affect most of the playerbase, will keep them playing, will get old players back for a while, will yield the most value for us?"
      Employee 2: "Well regarding the different player pools (another hard event for Top 5% - where a lot of whales sit though, open world PvE, PvP which will barely affect 5% as well), lets do an open world one since we already got FI HM! This will be fun for the whole community :)"
      Employee 1: "Yes, best choice in that case!"
      Tera Manager: "Okay, go go, we got a plan!"
      modi3: "Buuuuuuuut MUH PvP *AUTISTIC SCREECHING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*"

This short glance into the life of modi3 and his internship was brought to you by ~PVE PRODUCTIONS~.
      There are only two paths you can choose. You can sit quietly and be selected out of this world, or you can adapt and change.

No, but I can learn. I'll bathe in blood. If that's what it takes to protect my friends, I'll take it. All the hatred, the disease. I'll take it as my own and end it.
    • Event has stopped due to perfomance problems = it gives too much of dem tt items, stop it asap !

Also how is this event an open world one ? Where in open-world can you find "above lvl 65" monsters? And even if BAMS counted as well, you think IoD is open-world ? Care to elaborate ?
      At it's current state pvp affects only the 5%
      PVP NOT DEAD
    • Well to get to a nice response after all - just wanted to have a bit of fun there - you are semi-right.

Sadly, this event really did cause performance problems, everyone got a ping of 120 everywhere. For the level thingys: I am level 65 and could kill the demokron stuff over and over again, no problem at all, got quest progression there. But overall we can agree that events aim to keep players busy or to attract old / retired / new players (back) to the game.

Regarding this, the biggest pool is the normal PvE, casual playing part of the community. But you are right, PvP is just down in terms of users because it didn't receive love from neither BHS nor Gameforge. Sadly, breaking it down to the current status and popularity, an one-time-event won't help you in any way. You would just have 1 or 2 weeks with short queues but PvE noobs with hardy crystals who just don't care enough to swap them (would be me, sorry).

What PvP really need is: Better rewards, better balance, better publicity, better support in general. Events for PvP would be the last step to go. I still hope that Gameforge or BHS wants to go that way because I'd definitely get into PvP if there were any rewards or balance afterall. I would even get the right crystals then :3

But to bash PvE - especially open world - events is also not the right thing to do. Keep being sturdy and annoy Gameforge as much as you can with threads and requests. At some point they might help PvP out.

Have a nice day o/
      There are only two paths you can choose. You can sit quietly and be selected out of this world, or you can adapt and change.

No, but I can learn. I'll bathe in blood. If that's what it takes to protect my friends, I'll take it. All the hatred, the disease. I'll take it as my own and end it.
    • Kraxler wrote:

Since Wintera adds Valtenines Box as Jackpot why they don't add them to every BGs? Ofc amount depending on Battleground.

For example 5 Box ber CS win and 2 - 3 Box per lose
      If the difference between winning and losing was so small people would lose BGs on purpose for the sake of getting things faster rather than fighting and potentially make it 4/5 longer.

Just like when in Kumas royale the 3 kumas would lose on purpose to make the rest 10 players (or whatever number of players was) win.
      My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
      For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
      Test Image ->
      (Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )
    • senita456 wrote:

Kraxler wrote:

Since Wintera adds Valtenines Box as Jackpot why they don't add them to every BGs? Ofc amount depending on Battleground.

If the difference between winning and losing was so small people would lose BGs on purpose for the sake of getting things faster rather than fighting and potentially make it 4/5 longer.
      Just like when in Kumas royale the 3 kumas would lose on purpose to make the rest 10 players (or whatever number of players was) win.
      If u mae lose no rewarding nobody would ever join a bg.
    • Kraxler wrote:

senita456 wrote:

Kraxler wrote:

If the difference between winning and losing was so small people would lose BGs on purpose for the sake of getting things faster rather than fighting and potentially make it 4/5 longer.Just like when in Kumas royale the 3 kumas would lose on purpose to make the rest 10 players (or whatever number of players was) win.
      If u mae lose no rewarding nobody would ever join a bg.
      "Please make wiping in dungeons rewarding else no one will ever do dungeons"
    • But in dungeons wiping is not inevitable.

In battleground one team is always bound to lose.

(or draw in rare cases)
      My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
      For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
      Test Image ->
      (Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )
    • Hotasduck wrote:

Don't compare a 5 man Dungeon which pop up faster of filled via lfg faster than a 30- man BG with up to 1 hr que , lose and get nothing.

Also you will mostlikey wipe at endboss which means u still get rewards for boss 1 and 2.

Do you know why most people don't que pvp anymore?

"It's not worth to que 30+ min and get nothing in the end." I could use this 30 minuts for guardian legion, PoP, GG and get my rewards"
    • Event From Tera with :shit: :

@Athena

Since you failed so hard to provide us a working rewarding event, can we have a double XP week-end instead ?

Thanks in advance,

Eternya.
      BHS, you lazy developers content recyclers, give us talents as passives

Someone at Bluehole Studio thinks that fun is spelled G-R-I-N-D

TERA : The Endless Recycling until Agony
    • Just remove Wintera to do a complete job.
      The DarKNovA harem only on Killian

Darknovamoon - Zerk Ilvl 445
      Darknovael - Reaper Ilvl 436
      Darknovasun - Slayer Ilvl 430
      Darknovako - Warrior Ilvl 433
      Darknovalisk - Brawler Ilvl 429
      Dark.Nova - Ninja Ilvl 442
      Darknovatron - Gunner Ilvl 441
      Darknovapie - Sorceress Ilvl 430
      Darknovamark - Archer Ilvl 432
      Darknova_Daman - Lancer Ilvlv 428
      Darknovalkyrie - Valkyrie Ilvl 429
    • Kraxler wrote:

"It's not worth to que 30+ min and get nothing in the end." I could use this 30 minuts for guardian legion, PoP, GG and get my rewards"
      Yes.

People do PvE cause at the end they get something they need. In PvP battlegrounds gear XP reward is too low for the time consumed on waiting and playing + only half the players involved will get the win since the other half will be a loser team that will get nothing but one box with random useless and untradeable materials. If battlegrounds had proper rewards for the winners(like in the past, even CS was crowded because sea chests had materials for VM and keys, increasing the Battleground value), we can even ignore the situation of the losers, the winners at the moment don't get much at all. Just like said by kraxler, why PvP when you can do all that PvE autist content and get a gazilion times better rewards?

Fix Battleground rewards to keep up to date with current patch and PvE alternative. At the moment they are outdated and nerfed to the point players cannot even recommend their activity.
    • Kraxler wrote:

Hotasduck wrote:

Don't compare a 5 man Dungeon which pop up faster of filled via lfg faster than a 30- man BG with up to 1 hr que , lose and get nothing.
      Also you will mostlikey wipe at endboss which means u still get rewards for boss 1 and 2.

Do you know why most people don't que pvp anymore?

Filling an LFG for an endgame dungeon such as RKEM or FIHM doesn't take as long as a bg queue? I'ma buy a server transfer to yurian then, things must be much better than killian if it just takes 5 minutes.

Rewards of the first two bosses LMAO

Because while in queue you cant do guardians? Please tell me ghillie takes 30 minutes. You can do it before or after, same for pit of petrax (wait are u actually doing it?)
    • 3-4 years ago, losing team was still getting bellicarium+killing spree points which were worth a lot (strikeforce, a gear similar to frostmetal was purchased like this)
      PVP NOT DEAD
    • Hotasduck wrote:

The amount was laughable compared to what the winning team got. Same as now, if you lose I'm pretty sure you still get one rng box (at least in fw)
      When you win a battle in Champions’ Skyring, here’s what you get:
      • 30 Bellicarium credits
      • 140 Killing Spree credits
      • 150 Killing Spree reputation
      Even when you lose a battle in Champions’ Skyring, you still get something:
      • 10 Bellicarium credits
      • 50 Killing Spree credits
      • 50 Killing Spree reputation

When skyring was most active (vm1)... Most expensive item in KS shop was +12 Bloodrave weapon that costed 20k Killing Spree credits (max amount you could have at any give point) and required 2k rating. There used to be limit of how many credits you can farm per week.

EDIT: Those numbers seem high, so those credit rewards were probably from vm2 patch. If I remember correcty... KS credits were pretty much only obtainable from skyring and ?fw?. During vm2 patch they changed, so you got BC/KS credits from every battleground.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Unborn ().

• So, bacak to the event, is it in sight for the monster hunt event to get back anytime soon?
      The DarKNovA harem only on Killian

Darknovamoon - Zerk Ilvl 445
      Darknovael - Reaper Ilvl 436
      Darknovasun - Slayer Ilvl 430
      Darknovako - Warrior Ilvl 433
      Darknovalisk - Brawler Ilvl 429
      Dark.Nova - Ninja Ilvl 442
      Darknovatron - Gunner Ilvl 441
      Darknovapie - Sorceress Ilvl 430
      Darknovamark - Archer Ilvl 432
      Darknova_Daman - Lancer Ilvlv 428
      Darknovalkyrie - Valkyrie Ilvl 429