Brace yourselves... Awakening is coming!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Brace yourselves... Awakening is coming!

Hello ladies and gentlemen, it's your boy Eliannah coming in hot with a thread that isn't going to be a shitpost for once.

So, i think most of us are aware now that a big boy patch is coming soon™ to the lands of TERA Europe, called i guess the "Awakening Patch". Fancy yeah? To those who are living in a cave, long story short : 7 out of the 13 classes (Zerk, Warrior, Slayer, Lancer, Brawler, Mystic, Priest) will get some "rework" and get access to new skills, mechanics and so on... Including for exemple a second axe on Zerk, a featuring with Reinhardt for the Lancer etc etc...

While this is clearly a good thing, at least i suppose it is, what will happen to the 6 other classes that won't get Awakened YET? Let's be nice and take away Valkyrie because let's be honest, it doesn't need an awakening even if apparently that and the fact that nerfs are coming, already encouraged a plethora of "Valk mains" to sell their current gear.

Archer : which is the class i play could need some rework i suppose, but not too much because i fail to see what we actually need. Maybe BhS will surprise me and grant me my biggest wish ever, which is : Archer needs backstab. It's a meme ok? Don't get upset.
      Sorcer : I surely LOVED old sorcer, but apparently ever since it got revamped i just feel like it lost something. I can't say much about it because i didn't play the class since ages. One could argue that the fact Sorcer doesn't get an Awakening is because of the said "revamp" that happened "not long ago."
      Gunner : Generic and boring gameplay, this class should have been in the 7 classes to get awakened FIRST, let's say instead of brawler. I mean seriously, where is the fun in playing gunner? Granted there is probably people out there who enjoy it, but whyyyy?
      Ninja : Never heard of that class.
      Reaper : Don't mind me just pressing spacebar. Ok no, seriously the meme is dead. The feedback i heard about current reaper is overall neutral, some people say the class is just fine, some say it's not. It's a class that could have get a little bit of something and should have also been put in the first 7 Awakened classes.

^ PLEASE TAKE NOTES THAT THIS IS MY PERSONNAL OPINIONS, FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOURS ^

That being said, i think the whole Awakening thing is a good idea but not presented in the best way. The main question amongst the community right now is : Why only 7 classes? Well, my answer is kinda simple. BhS simply wants to be like "Hey btw guys, we're bringing new stuff to our game. Please come and play it for 4 weeks before our servers go empty once again." and with that method they can do that move TWICE! IMAGINE! Also it's pretty easy to notice that they probably had something in mind considering that these 7 classes are melees, tanks or healers. "Yeah but Valkyrie is also mel..." ENOUGH.

Ok, enough shit chat because i'm going a bit off topic now. It's time to bring my main point :

WHAT IS GONNA HAPPEN?

So i think it's safe to say that when the patch will hit we will probably get a bunch of new / returning players, but let's not lie to ourselves most of them won't stay for long. So what's gonna happen on longer term, aka until the 6 (or 5? because ya know, screw Valk) other classes get Awakened too?
      Well, i think most of us are aware that a LOT of people tend to reroll and get a new main everytime a specific class gets a bit above the others so it's definitely going to happen. The question is : to which extent? Is TERA only going to be crowded by these 7 classes and are we gonna laugh at Archer, Sorc, Gunner mains just like we're laughing about Ninja mains these days?

With a bit of shame, I personally have to admit that i might give up on my Archer after 4 good and loyal years of service. Knowing the uhm "balance" on TERA i can see the 5 or 6 other classes left behind being completely poopoo so ya know... Time to change. Hopefully only temporarly tho, until the second wave of Awakened classes gets released.

So even if i know that a lot of people will do it, i'm still curious :

Which class do you plan to play when Awakening patch hits? Which main will you temporarly stop playing? Why?

I might personally go with Lancer, i mean BRUH HAVE YOU SEEN THIS SHIELD?! And also because Lancer always been my favorite class to go WITH as an ally in both PvE and PvP, so why not getting into it am i right? Also i think after years of playing Archer it might be nice to take a bit of fresh air and play something else even if the outcome might be catastrophic. Hey who knows, maybe i can be the Georgekun of the Lancers.

Holy cannoli i wrote a lot, i'm gonna stop soon. Ok another question :

What do YOU personally think about the whole Awakening thing? Good idea? Bad idea?

I'm pretty much done here, thanks to those who read it from the beginning to the end and thanks by advance to those who will bring their opinion, in a civilized way of course, we're not animals. (inb4 0 answers LUL)

Have a good one.
    • thats a nice wall of text you have over there.. would be a shame if someone--- SKIPPED IT

anyway, in my eyes they just wanted to have all 4 tanks classes and the healers to be done first, and simply not enough resources to do all of them at once. dont know about slayer but oh well...

in my eyes, whatever they intended is a good thing, a change for once again that overhauls the whole playstyle of all the classes.

and you know they did think of the other classes by adding a buff that does it's thing. on paper at least, it's not quite enough to balance things out, but BHS never was in favor of that it seems (cause it's rather easy once you have avg-values, and they are known) that 15-18% buff simply is not enough

are the other classes still be played?

sure, why wouldnt they, always were and always will be

cause it's not going to change the "mains" nor the "classswingers", both parties will continue doing so forever they want to and you need to have both of these players.

tldr:
      • there are reasons BHS did not do all classes at once
      • there are mechanics to help balancing not get thrown over board for the temporary
      • it's bringing new playstyles into the classes
      • class "balance" is a thing since release, dont even argue with that.
    • Game seems to change towards a more dynamic version of what we have (more skill spam less thinking) which can be nice as well, not gonna get a deep talk here.

If they manage to get a decent awakening for every class, aka make everything as broken as valk, sure, why not.

PD: For now zerk is literally LMB RMB spam so I'm not quite sure about it but we will see.
    • "in a civilized way of course" will try my best, but i already know that my best won't be enough.

So let's go

Hybrid classes
      man i hate that. Heals will be dps that will heal whenever (see current guardian quests) and i really really don't understand how people not puke when they play a heal as a dd. Also now every single class will have aoe, EVEN FREAKIN WARRIOR AND LANCER. 3-4 years ago, only class that had aoe, was sorc, then archer-zerk had some. Now every single class will have aoe.

Classes that they choose to awake
      Seriously, sorc,reaper,slayer,and gunner need an awake.
      Gunner because as you said is a boring class (like archer pve for me).
      I would like to see the previous version of sorc, to actually make use of burst of celerity.
      But instead what they do ? They provide awakening for warrior + zerk . the classes that are top dps, the classes that can slay 100% of the time, and the classes that can have a and d stance .

How will i proceed
      I don't know. As it is now, i think i will skip the first patch. I have to choose an alt dd to gear since on heals i played mystic on wh patch, and will keep doing so no matter how far it falls behind or ahead of priest, i will NEVER EVER switch this class.I will wait to see all the awakenings, and choose my favorite playstyle. Then i will get it's frostmetal to strormcry+.But with the awakenings i've seen so far, zerker seems the best to me (and on the plus side zerk is a jack of all trades AND MASTER OF SOME). Reason why zerk seems the best to me,is that i enjoy going 10/10 braindead into pvp/pve.

Future of the game
      This game turns to casual, for example i don't remember having red indicators below each attack. Back then you had to watch bosse's feet,hands,movement and head. Now you just learn a diagram and after how long the attack will take place.
      New classes are op as fck. My gunner and valk, they got 100 crit rate. And they crit on their skills no matter what, while my zerk with 310+ and triple/double GLYPHED on it's skills, guess what, got around 65% crit rate on his key skills. Sorc with 2.5 and 3* increased crit rate AND with keening dawn mote STILL CANNOT CRIT. The revamp actually fcked up a lot of classes by making them easier (even for ps/xbox users, i think that was the reason behind revamp) but it did create infinite rotation on reaper.
      Also nothing will happen to fix pvp, so yep, this game seems more and more dead each day.

Will returning players stay ?
      Nope, most that leave the game, left it because of pvp dying. Now pvp is officially dead. So yep, they will come for 1-2 months, pve some, hope to enjoy pvp, realize how dead it is, leave again. Game is becoming worse and worse with each patch. 3-4 years ago, zerk+warrior were godlike,mystic was trash, sorc was high tier as well. But not the majority of them switched to the op class. In the newest patches (after having talked with a few people) it goes like this :
      Reaper patch : Reapers is the new op, you see a lot of players KEEPING their main, and saying a big fu to the reaper class.
      Gunner patch : Gunner is the new op, you see a lot of players rerolling to the new class, and seriously, i don't get it, that class is op even now, and BORING AS FCK to play.
      Brawler patch : Everyone and their mother, suddenly became a brawler.
      Valk patch : Brawler still op as fck, but people rerolled. I rarely happen to see anything else than : Valk,Brawler,Zerk,Warrior,Gunner,Lancer,Mystic(while 4 years ago we were like 20-30 mystics on the whole killian). Most common classes, almost noone plays sorc/slayer/archer/ninja/priest. And valks+brawlers seem like more than 50% of the current population.
      Awakening patch : Everyone will switch to the most op classes. And back then it made some difference but not as much.. Nowdays, op classes are 1.5 times better than the non-op, pve-wise, i would say what my thoughts were pvp-wise but oh boi, it never pops....

Every and every patch, things are getting worse and worse for tera, starting with reaper patch...
      PVP NOT DEAD
      just switched place, forums and global is where pvp action exists
    • it simply shows that bhs have no idea what to do with other classes
      what can you really do for archer sorc or gunner apart from more thunderbolt like skills? or more shine and flash bang in your face.
      as you said they take some ideas from other games, so scatter arrow for archer? :lol:
    • Gunner awakening instead of Brawler? lel let's make the worse tank class fall even more behind. If gunner awakening than instead of slayer. :)

It is correct that if they do it in 2 waves they do the tank classes first since they will need to hold the aggro against the awakened dps.
      I was hoping that berserker tank would get an enrage and some other buffs.

Also I will main the same class I'm maining since f2p: Warrior. What alts I'm playing depends a lot on my guild. For example we were missing tanks in the last content and now we have enough tanks and because of that I'm rarely playing my brawler.

I already know a player on yurian that always come back at the beginning of the content cashes one character to max which is the top dps and leaves after a month or two. He became a living meme through that. :)
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars
    • The worse tank class : brawler ? How is that even possible ?
      For me it goes like this : lancer > brawler > warrior > zerk

Brawler is the most : Turn off your brain, don't care about anything, just spam skills even with no perfect defenses you won't lose aggro for a sec, plus you will be at the top of dps even tho you are frontfacing
      PVP NOT DEAD
      just switched place, forums and global is where pvp action exists
    • modi3 wrote:

Brawler is the most : Turn off your brain, don't care about anything, just spam skills even with no perfect defenses you won't lose aggro for a sec, plus you will be at the top of dps even tho you are frontfacing
      If I talk about tankclasses I mean pure tankclasses and not hybrids.
      Also the ranking is more like this: Lancer > Warrior > Brawler > Berserker.
      In addition to that berserker tank is only a meme. And memes don't count.
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars
    • Hoping its official post including release date. We knew awekening for like 3 months already.
      You are too late.
      Slayer is gonna be still shit until they add talent system. 40m crit from 5min skill compared to valkyrie... well you can't compare anyway.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lalatino ().

• I think the Zerk-Ragnarok where you spam 2 buttons, back crit everwhere and cannot die while doing 20M/s dps pretty much sums up the intelligence of BHS' developers.

People already geared up Zerk everywhere. Me too. Could be fun ... for few days.

And slayer, getting buffs day in day out, even right after awakening. Should be a meme by now.
    • modi3 wrote:

Awakening patch : Everyone will switch to the most op classes. And back then it made some difference but not as much.. Nowdays, op classes are 1.5 times better than the non-op, pve-wise, i would say what my thoughts were pvp-wise but oh boi, it never pops....

Every and every patch, things are getting worse and worse for tera.
      Well why the fck anyone should switch to most op class. I'm ninja main and I will stay as it and I love how everyone trashing ninja but anyway I rarely see people who can pass my dps.
    • Ninja was never going to get the Awakening in the first phase of it purely because DPS tier list of actually realised DPS in KTERA was:

1) NInja
      2) Reaper
      3) Slaying Zerk
      4) Valk
      5) Everything Else

People already geared up Zerk everywhere. Me too. Could be fun ... for few days.

Màyà_GM wrote:

♠ Everyone zerk for pve and Brawler for pvp ... ggwp Guys keep up the good work ♠
      Hilarious bit is that BHS nerfed the Zerk damage skills during their "rage" uptime and the PvE DPS tier list post-Awakening is still

1) Zerk
      2) Everything Else
      2a) Warrior
      2b) Slayer
      2c) Everything Else