Killian 3v3 Guardian Tournament - La Partenza

We are looking for TERA Moderators for the EN section! Are you interested? Check this: [OPEN] Want to become a Moderator in Tera (EN) - Here's your chance!

• I just want to remind you all and I'm speaking from the managing/organizing perspective that without @Baldrov (Game Master) support and help during this tournament, we could never do it.

Also @'Athena''s support and social media announcement helped to make guilds like Codex that seek attention think again before taking useless actions. That kinda forced them to find a way to seek attention via helping not via harming.

So @'Gameforge' helped us some how. They can do more? Yes, they can. Will they bother doing more? I hope they do!

Caring more about PvP in Tera will be an excellent move, cause basically you have the best combat system here, but the current problem is that, you don't have competition! No point in ranking 1st in battlegrounds, GvG has no meaning, CU is a zerg feast. So the PvP state now is so desperate.

Just read a bit in Icha's Biography Page 85 in his guide. You can clearly feel the impact of the crusade seasons and guilds rankings in the PvP status. You can feel how competitive player were back then. How players teach each other and learn from each other. How flanberry was a legend even in NA. And how highly ping dependent the game is.

Maybe the fact that the game is Ping Dependent is pushing the way to PvE instead of PvP. Despite that this can be solved by using a technique called Client-side prediction. Right now, what we have is a module named skill-prediction provided by the forbidden 3rd party tool known as Proxy. But this is not enough, cause the technique of Client-side prediction result in desynchronization problems due to the difference between the state at the client and at the server. In order to solve this desynchronization, the server has to use a technique named Server Reconciliation. This is the ABC of online gaming. This techniques were 1st introduced in a game named QuakeWorld in 1998. So as a conclusion, if Tera has this techniques implemented, there will be only a small difference between a high ping player and a low ping player. This will result in huge improvement in terms of PvE as well as PvP.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Matrixo ().

• I think the tournament is a success. I enjoyed watching it. Good jobs to the players who made this possible. Also good job Eliana for great casting. I enjoyed his "beautiful 3 man GP/giga" :)). For someone who hates Tera so much, probably tsundere-type.
    • Kapt wrote:

I think the tournament is a success. I enjoyed watching it. Good jobs to the players who made this possible. Also good job Eliana for great casting. I enjoyed his "beautiful 3 man GP/giga" :)). For someone who hates Tera so much, probably tsundere-type.
      XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Yeah nice event and so, cheers for Eliannah and other dudes... (so the angry mods don't strike)