How good/bad is the situation?

• How good/bad is the situation?

Hey everyone,

Disclaimer: Please bear in mind this post is not meant to be a click bait or become a massive discussion, but just to get informed about the current situation of the game regarding hacks and exploits (Proxy and Memeslash), as I'd like to make TERA my main game again, but I do not want to sink my time on a game that's not worth it just because of cheats.

I've seen some nasty posts, info and videos around about the hacks currently ongoing within the game, now my question is: How bad is ACTUALLY is? I mean, is just common to see people cheating around? Do they get actioned (banned) fast enough? I mean, from what I've seen, if this is a common issue, PVE and PVP in the game is pointless due to this.
      Before investing my time on the game again, I'd like to know if I'm gonna be slapped in the face with a bunch of lovely beings using these tools on a daily basis.

Thanks in advance for the info!
    • Lynce wrote:

I mean, is just common to see people cheating
      If you do dungeons with friend statics and focus on instanced PvE with only them. No, otherwise you will find often and literally anywhere. Altho hackers and cheaters(gold bots/memeslash farmers and so on still exist...)
      In PvP, it happens daily to the point it became pathethic due to how long the players have been complaining.
      In PvE you cannot be competitive with anybody but a trusted close circle.

Lynce wrote:

Do they get actioned (banned) fast enough?
      No, in fact their character names are protected in the Forums, Game Masters play League of Legends and 3rd Party tools are being literally tolerated even after reported, to the point you might get banned first for insulting a person than for hacking the game(Yes it happened a player got chatbanned for insulting a hacker, and the hacker got banned for 2 weeks after a long period of time with massive warnings from the community, just an example...).
      If you know about Civil Unrest it has been a weekly problem with no fix or monitor besides miracle days with the argument that Gameforge does not work on weekends(lol) which is on Sundays that we have Civil Unrest war.
      The game has never got a patch that fixes/counters hacking/3rd party cheats in anyway, showing that a small group of nerds are able to update and hack the game with higher competence and response time than the rich developers of the game you are wanting to play and who made millions out of PUBG. The care is nearly zero, meanwhile they patch the game with things nobody demanded.

Now the answer, its up to your judgement.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rafera ().

• From what I have heard the international servers have more problems with hackers than Yurian. For example the CU on YUrian is untouched by hacks since I haven't seen any flame regarding this in global. That would definitely happen if a hacker would appear.

In PvE you should closely look at who you are comparing yourself against since most of the topDPS are with proxy.

Hackers are most of often not banned and if they are banned then only for a few weeks at most. But the bigger problem is that even if they are permanently banned they find a way around the ban.
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars
    • Flame=Fame wrote:

Still I can't stand playing B&S and GW2.
      Understandable for B&S, shit game that went down the toilet after 3 months, thanks to NCSoft stupid moves right after the release.
      But for GW2... It has to be one of the best MMO's out there, besides WoW and BDO. (Nevermind Runescape, i don't understand why it's still has that many people, most of them are prolly bots.) But yeah, GW2 is truely an amazing game and unless you played it like 3 000 hours, i recommend you to give it a longer shot. Just spare me the "Yeah but combat system..." nah, enough of that shite.

To answer OP's message, i'm kinda tired of writing lines and lines about the same subject so i'll make it quick : The situation is still bad, people are still hacking / exploiting and nothing is being done by both BhS and GameForge. So, as for all the guys wondering if they should just come back to TERA... Just don't, play another game. For real, you will do yourself a favor.
    • Eliannah wrote:

The situation is still bad, people are still hacking / exploiting and nothing is being done by both BhS and GameForge. So, as for all the guys wondering if they should just come back to TERA... Just don't, play another game. For real, you will do yourself a favor.
      Ha Ha!
      Proxy Powa...
      • MemeSlashing (Valk & Sorc, One Shot everythings)
      • Proxy Cleric Module (Auto HP near cleric when your HP is under %) (Can be stunt, k/d, in Air, you get the heal automaticly)
      • AutoNostrum ( like it say, nostrum always UP automaticly perfect for OWPvP)
      • Skill-Prediction (Simulates skills client-side)
      • Auto Retaliate ( retaliate quickly & automaticly )
      • Macro / script / auto block... (Brawler, Lancer, Warrior...)
      • Fast fire (Gunner, Archer...)
      • World Boss timer & location
      • Desync...
      • Gain 20-30% DPS
      Solution : gameguard.nprotect.com/en/index.html
    • benox wrote:

Eliannah wrote:

The situation is still bad, people are still hacking / exploiting and nothing is being done by both BhS and GameForge. So, as for all the guys wondering if they should just come back to TERA... Just don't, play another game. For real, you will do yourself a favor.
      Ha Ha!Proxy Powa...
      • MemeSlashing (Valk & Sorc, One Shot everythings)
      • Proxy Cleric Module (Auto HP near cleric when your HP is under %) (Can be stunt, k/d, in Air, you get the heal automaticly)
      • AutoNostrum ( like it say, nostrum always UP automaticly perfect for OWPvP)
      • Skill-Prediction (Simulates skills client-side)
      • Auto Retaliate ( retaliate quickly & automaticly )
      • Macro / script / auto block... (Brawler, Lancer, Warrior...)
      • Fast fire (Gunner, Archer...)
      • World Boss timer & location
      • Desync...
      • Gain 20-30% DPS
      Solution : gameguard.nprotect.com/en/index.html
      Gameguard wont fix it lol
      those programs are useless :o