PvP love? Try #2421, successful PvP threads so far: 5

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • PvP love? Try #2421, successful PvP threads so far: 5

      Cool publisher we have. PvE community complains that loot is bad (I didnt say I disagree, just writing facts.)... next day regional changes.
      Loot in skyring is super shit ever since RK(normal mode) came out... months later, no reply, yet alone any kind of change.

      PvP community has been asking for skyring equalized since april 2016 (last time we had it)... Or to remove CAP from battlegrounds. But its impossible to change this, since it would require an expert to copy paste three lines of code and maybe one day of debugging if he is shit at his job.

      But guess what. Gameforge does have a guy capable of copy pasting a code... But he would rather make another extreme mode dungeon (again, full support there, just writing facts).
      Yet somehow hes not capable of doing small tweaks when it comes to skyring, CAP.
    • If pvp would give decent rewards i would do pvp again like vm1. But sadly there is no reward or rating gear (like bloodrave).

      In the past after i finished PvE Content ( aka full gear ) i started PvP instead of afk. But now you just get nothing. Even the gather 30 X Quest are more worth than PvP (and less stressful).


      Buff rewards.
      Eq Skyring.
      Remove broken Conusmables.

      PvP should be alive without an Event like it was back in VM1 and VM2.
    • Synx wrote:

      If you want PvP, you should consider other games like BDO.Tera is and always will be PvE focused. cash shop focused*
      If the PvE was good the servers wouldn't be low... Plus the game was not always PvE focused, during many patches you had the ability to gear progress and play PvP only.


      • Class Balancing this is the major issue in PvP(you can say in PvE as well, after balancing debuffs across all classes bluehole had the idea to introduce a new Damage Dealer class with major party buffs, my brain stopped that day trying to understand it), I lost count of how many people left or stopped playing this game cause of it, ever since reaper was introduced in the game, class balancing has been nothing but corrupted, from broken class skills(some can even hit you through walls and across floors), cooldown reduction buffs and movement speed buffs every new etching patch, class revamps... And now with Ktera using a talents system that they refuse to provide to other regions, our classes are even more unbalanced than theirs already are. AFter all they have done nothing but degrade the PvP balance and competitivity in this game.
      • PvP gear progress the game needs this, a PvP set that will be equal to Low Tier in PvE, and superior to Top Tier in PvP. Nothing is more retarded than having Battlegrounds with unequalised gear(Fraywind) where the highest geared PvE player has advantage over most of the raid members. Plus we simply cannot gear progress current gear sets with only PvP for many reasons, being lack of rewards the biggest, since it is a content that isn't even available 24h a day like PvE.
      • Corsairs Stronghold will become 15v15(originally 20v20) as a response to low population.. This is retarded, I would rather see changes being made for appealing people into playing the game, unless they are also going to make 3v3 corsairs in the farther future by following the population decreasal. At least I hope to see 5man queue again.
      • Leaderboards will be implemented in the future and from what the sneak peeks we had from the developer, I hope they are not falling in the HUGE mistake of making the ranking score cumulative. PvP is not a grind, its a competition where players across the world compete against each other, I repeat this is not a match counter content, it is Player Versus Player, not Player versus Match Counting. Make each Battleground ranked by Personal Rating and add a main Battleground score equal to the somatory of each Battleground Personal Rating to enforce active gameplay on every Battleground.
      • Civil Unrest should be removed or revamped to not allow any biggest guild in a server to monopolize it. Alliance was better system even with all the issues it had.
      • 3v3 solo equalised gear needs update.
      • 3v3 premade needs to be if not permanently equalised, at least equalised gear one day a week.
      • OWPVP needs content that has been nothing but removed, same with PvE. We used to have daily quests in diff areas on the map for factions reputation that have been disabled. This kind of system with a few adjustments would be great. Anything is better than going to the zoo(Island of Dawn) and kill 300 disabled animals, its cruelty not only for the animal but for your brains. At least remove safe zone status from it so we can protect the animals, there are enough channels for people to hide, and Killian is a PvP server.
      • GvG needs a system revamp or better rewards based on size/level to entice Guilds to strive in the open world against each other for something more than invisible E-peen or Korean roleplay.
      • Consumables in this game had a major nerf, which was good, no more warding scrolls, dash scrolls and a gazilion other buffs to break the balance in PvP. Still if there is one thing I hate is that we have a huge variety of healing potions that do not share cooldowns and also the fact that we can spam them non stop during PvP every 10seconds and 30seconds with full HP refill. Like in other games where I play open world PvP, Healing Potions cannot be consumed more than once in combat, this is probably one of the best ideas I have seen in OWPVP games. After the first use in combat, you will not be able to pot again until out of combat. This eliminates the delusional potion class players. I also wished Dueling would remove active consumables temporarily but ok its all about ethics in those situations, just ethics in this game are far from how they were and i dislike how unfair and broken gameplay is being promoted.
      • Combat Accelerator: Gameforge still haven't Removed Combat Accelerator from being active in BG's and still dodges this issue for the past 2000 years. This issue doesn't need to be fowarded to Blue Hole, this issue was created by you Gameforge, it is up to you to fix it.
      • Multi Battleground Matching has been announced a few times and never introduced.
      • Racial animations and skills, from the unbalanced range on skill animations between races(that many times benefits loli race players) to skills like humans immunity to Knock Down and stagger for 2minuts..., Baraka's 100% self heal, Popori and Elin faster swimming which is gamebreaking racism in any lumbertown river race. These obvious yet nearly forgotten features also contribute to the unbalance this game has in a racist aspect.
      • Infamy got removed from the game while introducing new problems in the Open World PvP, low levels can party up with literally anyone either they are Outlaw, in GvG and so on and remain invincible...
      • Hackers, this game is filled with players using 3rd party tools, cheat engines, proxy with open source unofficial and unfair advantage modules, and so on in order to acquire advantage in PvP, from forced dsync, speed hacks, uninterrupted high movement speed, brooch swap modules for dispells, projectile abuse by sorcerers/mystics/valkyries..., wall and gate crossings(many times in my CS matches people would cross both castle gates and spawn gates to reach objectives before everyone else), teleporting(oh they have high ping, sorry but i don't think players can choose the ping to be high always when it saves them), and so on.. Unfortunatly the list is extremely big and I have still not seen anything done to prevent this, in fact these situations have been so promoted(they are also actively being developed as we speak by either the proxy community and others, and cut the bullcrap, these people release open source modules able to be modified into cheating codes, when they are already cheating codes originally, but most are too addicted to it.) the past year that it is extremely common to encounter these situations and one of the reasons I stopped being active in this game.
      • Rewards have been recently adjusted, and it is with sadness that Gameforge has secretly removed keys from Sea Chests. Also most of the victory boxes who provided Entropic Emblems have been replaced with the least useful Metamorphic Emblems. Another slap on the face of the player base. More info here. The demand is for better rewards in Battlegrounds, not worse gameforge...
      With this the conclusion is simple, PvP must be made competitive, and not acompetitive.
      If people believe Tera is not a PvP game, then i would ask them to make a thread requesting Bluehole to disable PvP, battlegrounds, duels and CU forever.

      The post was edited 21 times, last by Rafera ().

    • Rafera wrote:

      If people believe Tera is not a PvP game, then i would ask them to make a thread requesting Bluehole to disable PvP, battlegrounds, duels and CU forever.
      Thing is the "pure PvE people" are like sadists that just want to see you (=the PvP-playing community) suffer, because of what awful scars BHS did to them about a million years ago (= during VM1 content). So it was required for the PvE community to do PvP to get VM1? Absolutely disgusting, really. No one should be forced to do the content they don't want to do, after all.

      And now? Whenever the PvP Players ask for a bit more, say they've been forced to PvE for about ages and whatnot the PvE players always come up with "Tera's a PvE game. Always was, always will be. Deal with it. :thumbup: "
      Ultima | Lv65 Priest | ILv 455 | Yurian
      Aeq | Lv65 Archer | ILv 453 | Yurian
      Quest | Lv65 Zerk | ILv 447 | Yurian


      Veku Archer | Aléx Lancer | Quiem Sorc | Disregard Warrior | Alcyel Mystic
      Requi Slayer | Aquah Gunner | Ranael Valkyrie | Xelia Priest

      Lordz of Ownage - 11/09/13 - Never forget
    • gameforge can make changes to bg jackpots... So they can fix rewards without bhs intervention

      Gameforge created CAP so one would assume they can somehow change how it works and fix it so that you lose it when entering bg

      Gameforge once made a 3v3 eq event, so they can make it again.. And maybe make it permanent (or at least recurring)

      Also the fact that the game is "mainly" pve does not imply pvp should be horrible... We can have both...
    • Kyureta wrote:

      gameforge can make changes to bg jackpots... So they can fix rewards without bhs intervention

      Gameforge created CAP so one would assume they can somehow change how it works and fix it so that you lose it when entering bg

      Gameforge once made a 3v3 eq event, so they can make it again.. And maybe make it permanent (or at least recurring)

      Also the fact that the game is "mainly" pve does not imply pvp should be horrible... We can have both...
      Yes, gameforge can improve jackpots.
      Yes, gameforge can remove CA.
      Yes, gameforge can make events like in the past.

      However what gameforge CAN'T do is remove/modify content that requires BHS's intervention, (I'm gonna stick to Rafaera's post) such as : CU improvements/removal, GvG improvements, Multi BG queue, class balance, new PvP gear, OW content.

      I'm pretty sure that if you are an old player since VM2 release, you would know that BHS publicly announced that they do not EVER intend to add bloodrave-like content to Skyring anymore due to "KOREANS" abusing it.Here is where I'll say you are right though, that gameforge is not giving decent rewards because they're using the same excuse of "WIN TRADERS".

      Other than that I personally don't see what else you want from TERA, it's obvious that BHS's focus is on AIR which is gonna be published by Kakao, the ones who are publishers for BDO, that could be one of the many reasons why Gameforge is squeezing out every single cent they can while TERA still lasts, because they've lost the chance of publishing another BHS game in the EU.
    • @Kyureta "gameforge can make changes to bg jackpots"

      Yeah, in fact they nerfed CS Sea Chest: it doesn't drop Strongbox Keys anymore, since they have become a highly demanded item in their shop!

      Every victory basically gave 4K g, now you just get 500 Metamorphic Credits.
      PvP rewards were very op, nerf deserved.
    • Synx wrote:

      If you want PvP, you should consider other games like BDO.Tera is and always will be PvE focused.

      Currently I am playing other games for PvP but TERA has a really good combat system if not one of the best, just some problems one is that it is missing a fair competitive setting EQUALISED team skyring would solve this problem.

      Imagine if it actually existed, TERA could potentially be sitting up there on the top 10 most viewed video games on Twitch.tv next to PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND another game that was also made by BHS.

      All BHS has to do is listen to their playerbase that have been suggesting this EQUALISED TEAM SKYRING since Timescape.
    • But but they reduced key price from 14TT to 9TT its something. No really why they removed it. First we dont get Keys for leveling like KTERA ( finish story quest) and now they remove Key?

      Inb4 artisan kit drops for PvP is increased to 15 for compensation.

      So i guess i will never finish my CS achievment . I doubt someone will que this BG anymore.
    • Nooblord42 wrote:

      Synx wrote:

      If you want PvP, you should consider other games like BDO.Tera is and always will be PvE focused.
      Currently I am playing other games for PvP but TERA has a really good combat system if not one of the best, just some problems one is that it is missing a fair competitive setting EQUALISED team skyring would solve this problem.

      Imagine if it actually existed, TERA could potentially be sitting up there on the top 10 most viewed video games on Twitch.tv next to PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND another game that was also made by BHS.

      All BHS has to do is listen to their playerbase that have been suggesting this EQUALISED TEAM SKYRING since Timescape.
      I personally play bdo, you'd be surprised how much smoother the pvp is compared to tera, with the same if not even better combat system.

      We've been using the "combat system" excuse for far too long, they've had their million chances to do something with the game, why should you keep carrying if all they care about is income and cash shop events? I'm glaf I'm over all of this and moved on.
    • Thing is there are quite a few people who really love pvp in this game or the game in general (me included)...

      Some of us played it for a long time too...
      The thing that's most annoying is how they need so little effort to make pvp good.. And I mean REALLY good, but they (both bhs and gf) decide to go out of their way and make their best efforts to destroy it.

      Like look at the new leaderboards.. I dunno if it's true but many people say they will be based on accumulated score, so not competitive but grindy... And we won't be able to see winrates either if I understand correctly.

      @Athena just fix the damn game, you want to make money? You could make server based entirely on (eq) bgs and make it have 10€/month season pass or some shit like that... But you're too lazy to make good things, or even give official non-bullshit statements on this forum about why you make such things.

      Not lazy when it comes to butchering your own game tho :^)

      /rant

      EDIT: question: is the sea chest thing eu only? Does any1 know?
    • There is no other action combat PvP game that can compete with TERA's PvP, otherwise i would have switched to such a game long time ago.

      BDO's PvP is garbage and BnS is even worse.

      Bluehole should have created a clean PvP game with TERA's PvP system and art sytle instead of creating a shitty new unoptimized MMO called "AI:R" with the old Unreal Engine 3. Even the gameplay on the video trailer lags.
    • Om3Ga wrote:

      There is no other action combat PvP game that can compete with TERA's PvP, otherwise i would have switched to such a game long time ago.

      BDO's PvP is garbage and BnS is even worse.
      Why do I have the feeling you got hardcore rekt in BnS and blame it on the combat system? I mean, it can't be you, must be the game ofc.

      Something does suck in BnS though: 3v3 is tag-team only. TERA's combat is a joke with desyncs all over and all the glitches with the new classes, not to mention proxy.

      Om3Ga wrote:

      Bluehole should have created a clean PvP game with TERA's PvP system and art sytle instead of creating a shitty new unoptimized MMO called "AI:R" with the old Unreal Engine 3. Even the gameplay on the video trailer lags.
      Also TERA trailers lag, even the Human Brawler short teaser had like 20 FPS. It doesn't matter though, because some people accept shit, so BHS delivers shit. Simple as that. I mean accept more shit because of the "combat system" or other reasons.

      @Kraxler: looks horrible, like some shitty MOBA.
    • Om3Ga wrote:

      That's not even PvP, sorry.

      @Borsuc: I didn't "got rekt". I just tried it a few times, autoaim + horrible pvp system. Makes no sense to be tested for more than 1 day.
      I dislike BnS for the same reason, all the combos are hand carried and there is a massive aim assist. Feels more like a cinematic combat than true action. Altho for as much as i like Tera combat system, the fact that it is so broken and full of dsyncs, BnS ends up being superior to it, just less amusing. BDO is terrible, for as fancy as they make the graphics i will still not be able to enjoy playing this game, specially PvP, you can literally hold the skill button and it will autofire non stop.. Plus the fact that they use money grab f2p mentality and shoved it together in a pay to play game. The only thing that was cool about BDO was when i got my first mount and accidently run into the sea and it drowned, it was an amusing realistic experience.

      There are many changes that can be done to improve tera, 3v3 premade EQ, better rewards and so on, those are easy and will help. But they still don't change the main reason people stop playing this garbage, the class balancing. Every new gear patch, class revamp or addition to the game is like feeding sugar to diabetes. But since that is something only Blue Hole can do, at least those solutions which are in the hands of Gameforge should be applied.
    • I couldn't care less about aiming, because this is not a shooter. To me that's a weak argument for the combat system. If you want to aim so much then shooters are very accessible and, in fact, quite great PvP games at that (I know, I play them). I find fighting game mechanics with skills (BnS is clearly inspired from that) much harder than shooters, unless you're at godlike level, aiming is basic stuff.

      Played Forcemaster in BnS? Yeah, keep track of chill stacks, disadvantage of adding more based on situation etc (depending on opponent too), compared to that, aiming is for babies. I'd even say that the game is not very popular because it's way too hard for newbies. Also proxy can do stuff like auto-lock or aim or w/e people said, which shows why aiming is not a real skill since it can be done by a "bot" instantly. I challenge you to write a great bot for strategic skill usage though, aimbots are a no brainer.

      It's like jobs: the shittest, simplest jobs get automated. The ones the computers have a hard time replacing are clearly superior jobs/skills.