Can't log in ( Says I'm blocked)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can't log in ( Says I'm blocked)

Hello. I can't log into my Tera game. When i press play I get a message saying my "account is blocked. Please contact support" I can't though because I can't make a support account?
      Yesterday was just a normal day? I didn't do anything? I just played with my friends and spammed dungeons as always? I don't even know why I'm blocked?? Im very sad and I have no idea what to do know?
      I only got an email saying that my Tera Club has ben canceled
      Anyone else had this happening to them? What can I do? :elin11: :elin11:
    • Thanks. I made one but I had some problem doing so.
      I got this reply:

" Thank you for contacting TERA Customer Support.

We're sorry, however, the problem you’re currently experiencing is related to billing, and due to this, we are unable to assist you. To receive the best answer regarding this, we advise contacting the following department:

Gameforge Billing "

I sent the same thing to them. I only hope it can be fixed because I don't know what is happening T.T and that page is on german so i hope I got it right ;;
    • Nyasu wrote:

I just played with my friends
      Sounds like you've been a bad boy.

In order to contact the mighty Support, you need to create a separate account on the support system. You can avoid that if you use a Steam profile instead. It basically creates a support account for you. You aren't going to get a reply before Monday though.

What does the email about your TERA Club say exactly? It's possible this - a reversed payment for example - is the cause for the automated ban.
      Another possibility is this new client bug where it sends "malformed packets". Support can't explain what exactly's happening because they seem to not even know. So, it's possible you got banned for 2 weeks. This doesn't explain the cancelled TC though. Have you tried exploring the undiscovered areas of the world map? This activity is suspected to produce these false packets.

See here for more information and links:
      Permanent block.

Nyasu wrote:

Anyone else had this happening to them? What can I do?
      Unfortunately, the official TERA Europe forum is not the right place to seek support, advice or information when it comes to issues playing the game. That's what moderators preach anyway, not what I believe and what common sense says. They'll tell you to keep quiet and message Support because this forum doesn't care about players' account issues. You're basically encouraged to use third-party websites to seek help, where you may get exposed to illegal tools and information. Sad but true.

P.S. I shouldn't have written this on my phone...
    • Nyasu wrote:

I sent the same thing to them. I only hope it can be fixed because I don't know what is happening T.T and that page is on german so i hope I got it right ;;
      Hi,

You can choose a different language in the upper right corner of the Billing Support Mainpage. This might help you.
      Additionally, in case you dont get an answer today you sadly have to wait until the next German workday which is Monday.

Regards,
      Noyn
    • Sunflare wrote:

Support can't explain what exactly's happening because they seem to not even know.
      Or maybe they just don't want you to know. Do you think cheat-detection methods are made public or something?

Sunflare wrote:

They'll tell you to keep quiet and message Support because this forum doesn't care about players' account issues. You're basically encouraged to use third-party websites to seek help, where you may get exposed to illegal tools and information.
      Mods and COMAs don't know anything about player accounts. They have no access to them either, at most they have access to the forum account (but I was told they can't even read your private messages, not even the admin). Telling people to contact support is not ignoring the problem, it's the most sensible help they can give. Guessing won't get you anywhere and is usually a waste of time, especially in this case (billing-related).

Of course, if people have problems with the support, then yeah sure, post on forum.

Oh and btw, chargebacks will net you a permanent ban. Hope OP didn't do that.
    • Holy shiet good luck dude you will wait for the answer from billing supportfor atleast 2 weeks. Thats how long ive waited to get their response and they didn't even answer me what should i do so i had to ask them that and then waited 2 weeks again. You probably bought something from them then pulled money back or maybe didn't cancle your subscription and did not payed for next month TC, or you made a complaint about the payment which gets you banned (<for real i was banned 45days untill i finally got a word about solution to my problem from billing department). Basically TC is auto renewal each month and if you don't have money on your credit card and you don't pay GF up you will get banned, funny thing is they take money 2-3 days before the end of TC so yeah...
    • Thank you all for replying;; I kinda panicked :elin7:

The ticket system is kind tricky for me. After telling me to contact this and that they finally told me to just wait for an reply;; I hope for the best now.
      Lucky I haven't done any chargeback. I didn't even know I could;;

Thanks again
    • Borsuc wrote:

Or maybe they just don't want you to know. Do you think cheat-detection methods are made public or something?
      Or maybe they indeed don't have a clue. I'd rather trust numerous reports from people saying they did nothing wrong than copy-pasted replies from Support.
      If they indeed had working cheat-detection methods, there wouldn't be cheaters.

Borsuc wrote:

Mods and COMAs don't know anything about player accounts. [...] Telling people to contact support is not ignoring the problem, it's the most sensible help they can give.
      How is not knowing anything about specific player accounts a reason for closing threads? People come here seeking assistance and get a slap in the face. How's that for "helping"?
      Telling people to contact Support is fine but why do they have to close threads? They do it even when people say they've already contacted Support. Here's just one example of how players usually get helped: Account blocked? And you're not allowed to reply anything.

Borsuc wrote:

Of course, if people have problems with the support, then yeah sure, post on forum.
      Right... You're told to not discuss Support replies here though and are sent back to Support, although Support often send you to the forum where you're told to message Support who have just told you to use the forum from where you're sent back to Support... You got it, I hope. Much help indeed! Player SUPPORT and ASSISTANCE at its best.

zajeb wrote:

Basically TC is auto renewal each month and if you don't have money on your credit card and you don't pay GF up you will get banned, funny thing is they take money 2-3 days before the end of TC so yeah...
      You won't get banned. Someone asked me about it the other day. His renewal failed because he doesn't keep money in his PayPal account in order to avoid the auto renewal. He just didn't know he could cancel it. He wanted to pay for another month though but had to wait for 2 days before he could do it, as his membership was on pending status. They try and take money a couple of days in advance in order to prevent failed payments which is fine.
    • Sunflare wrote:

Or maybe they indeed don't have a clue. I'd rather trust numerous reports from people saying they did nothing wrong than copy-pasted replies from Support.
      If they indeed had working cheat-detection methods, there wouldn't be cheaters.
      This makes no sense if it's supposed to be a reply to what I said. Who said the anti-cheat or cheat-detection method is good or competent? Nobody. I actually think it's quite flawed personally, and because they don't want to give any details about it, we'll never know what exactly happened and are just guessing.

Mind you, I find it natural for someone to not expose his cheat-detection to the public. Doesn't matter if it's flawed or not. Is it a bad thing? Yeah, since it's flawed. Doesn't mean they're clueless though.

Sunflare wrote:

How is not knowing anything about specific player accounts a reason for closing threads? People come here seeking assistance and get a slap in the face. How's that for "helping"?
      Telling people to contact Support is fine but why do they have to close threads? They do it even when people say they've already contacted Support. Here's just one example of how players usually get helped: Account blocked? And you're not allowed to reply anything.
      Eh, I agree that closing the threads is stupid, but it's not like they do it thinking it helps the player. It's a forum rule to not discuss bans on the forum, and they have to follow it. It's not their fault the rules are like this, so you're complaining to the wrong people. In fact, some threads (like this one) don't get locked so they're more lenient on the rules, you should be thankful for that. (not for the rules but the people who are lenient about them, but instead you take it for granted and forget the rules exist)

Of course you can argue why the rules are set up this way. But that's obviously for a different topic (and yeah there's many reasons bans are not discussed on the forum, look on the internet you'll find plenty).

Sunflare wrote:

Right... You're told to not discuss Support replies here though and are sent back to Support, although Support often send you to the forum where you're told to message Support who have just told you to use the forum from where you're sent back to Support... You got it, I hope. Much help indeed! Player SUPPORT and ASSISTANCE at its best.
      I don't know a single company that allows you to post private tickets on their forum. When I mean company, I don't mean "MMO company" or "gaming company". I mean... any company.

They don't allow you to post it because it's private, same reason you're not allowed to post private messages. It has absolutely nothing to do with trying to be evil and stop people from getting help.
    • Borsuc wrote:

Mind you, I find it natural for someone to not expose his cheat-detection to the public. Doesn't matter if it's flawed or not. Is it a bad thing?
      It's not a bad thing if it works. I remember Punkbuster from 10 years ago in CS and Battlefield. Were they a secret or something?
      When their anti-cheat system clearly can't deliver, they gotta come forward and explain that to people instead of feeding them nonsense. They even use '/' in their replies, making it obvious they don't know what happened. 'You were banned for this OR that. We can't exactly prove you did something but you can't prove you didn't either. Enjoy your ban now, next time it'll be permanent even though you've no idea why we're banning you right now, so you can't prevent it anyway.' Like, seriously... o_O

Borsuc wrote:

Eh, I agree that closing the threads is stupid, but it's not like they do it thinking it helps the player. It's a forum rule to not discuss bans on the forum, and they have to follow it. It's not their fault the rules are like this, so you're complaining to the wrong people.
      Then what are they doing on this forum - harming players?
      Those rules you're inclined to excuse them with weren't God given. They invented them, so it's their fault for not changing them for years. What sense does it make to forbid reporting scammers for example?
      Who should I complain to about the bad forum rules if not to the forum team? Not like they care anyway but still. Feedback is always dismissed right away.

Borsuc wrote:

I don't know a single company that allows you to post private tickets on their forum.
      You know who censors communications, right? Those who have something to hide either because of incompetence or embarrassment. What good is a company that can't be hold accountable for its actions, nor takes feedback? If players just leave because of being mistreated, there'll be no-one to play this game. That's why we discuss things and give feedback - so things can improve. Are Support gods or what? They never make mistakes and their word is paramount? If there are no players, there will be no use of Support in the first place, nor this forum for that matter. Doing everything to drive people away is the same as cutting the branch one is sitting on. I don't understand that, I'm sorry.

Borsuc wrote:

In fact, some threads (like this one) don't get locked so they're more lenient on the rules, you should be thankful for that.
      More often than not it's because they can't be bothered to do it or the 'right' moderator hasn't stopped by, or it's extremely obvious they are doing it against players' interests. They gotta keep up appearances from time to time but the exception only confirms the rule. I gave an example already. Can't be bothered to look for more.
    • Sunflare wrote:

It's not a bad thing if it works. I remember Punkbuster from 10 years ago in CS and Battlefield. Were they a secret or something?
      When their anti-cheat system clearly can't deliver, they gotta come forward and explain that to people instead of feeding them nonsense. They even use '/' in their replies, making it obvious they don't know what happened. 'You were banned for this OR that. We can't exactly prove you did something but you can't prove you didn't either. Enjoy your ban now, next time it'll be permanent even though you've no idea why we're banning you right now, so you can't prevent it anyway.' Like, seriously... o_O
      Uh, yeah? Punkbuster (and stuff like Gameguard) should be "secret" (barring people who reverse engineer them of course). Though that's not possible here since Punkbuster is a client-sided anti-cheat, while this is on GF's servers (i.e. based on data they receive). So you can't "reverse engineer" GF's cheat detection here.

I know what you mean with how nonsensical it is to ban people without telling them why. But the alternative is to give away their "secret". I mean, something like "We detected your character was in an invalid zone" gives away everything. BTW I agree with you that I'd rather have this secret out and explain properly why people get banned, but I'm just saying they're not clueless about it. I mean the one actually bringing down the banhammer. Of course, the guy who responds to you might be clueless since he doesn't have access to the data anyway, unless he's a higher-up.

Sunflare wrote:

Then what are they doing on this forum - harming players?
      Those rules you're inclined to excuse them with weren't God given. They invented them, so it's their fault for not changing them for years. What sense does it make to forbid reporting scammers for example?
      Who should I complain to about the bad forum rules if not to the forum team? Not like they care anyway but still. Feedback is always dismissed right away.
      Harming players? Their job is to enforce the rules. And of course also to help players, but sometimes they have to do the former as well. I was talking about the moderators or COMAs. wtf they didn't invent any rules. I also never said you can't complain about the rules in a thread dedicated to it, but you do it in every support-related thread :crazy: and I don't understand why you always feel the need to attack the mods etc. I mean, I definitely am not saying they're super helpful but that doesn't mean you need to poke a shot at them at every opportunity. They may be useless for you (and others), but they're not malevolent.

Sunflare wrote:

You know who censors communications, right? Those who have something to hide either because of incompetence or embarrassment. What good is a company that can't be hold accountable for its actions, nor takes feedback? If players just leave because of being mistreated, there'll be no-one to play this game. That's why we discuss things and give feedback - so things can improve. Are Support gods or what? They never make mistakes and their word is paramount? If there are no players, there will be no use of Support in the first place, nor this forum for that matter. Doing everything to drive people away is the same as cutting the branch one is sitting on. I don't understand that, I'm sorry.
      Dude it's private information they censor (in this context, we're NOT talking about the scammers and other rules here, but tickets). It's called privacy and it's not censorship, it's a good thing. Actually it might even be a real life law that requires them to do that. But anyway it could be even worse, if this was allowed, people could fabricate support responses to feed their own agenda and they'd have to keep them to remain neutral. (now at least all are against the rules and removed)

Once again, I don't know any company that allows you to post private support tickets on its forum. Why do you expect Gameforge to be different, exactly?
    • Hi,

I don't really want to interrupt your discussion but please keep in mind that this thread is about Nyasu's issue about logging in.
      If you have any advice feel free to leave it here. Other than that, continue your discussion in private.

Regards,
      Noyn