PvP revive, is this for real?!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• exiled92 wrote:

Since goal of leaderboard is to show off your skill in competitive bgs and encourage competition for higher ranking how do you think a lose can give your more points?
      You should use the brain you're touting, maybe you'll be able to read and understand some English posts from people then.

Seio wrote:

You want to force people into playing PvP by making the reward 10x higher in PvP compared to PvE?
      Most people don't enjoy PvP, that's why so few people play it. Sure, if it had it's separate gear progression (directly buy fully enchanted PvP gear), more people could at least try it out... But PvP is really not much fun in TERA.
      You want to force people into playing PvE by keeping the reward 10x higher in PvE compared to PvP again?
      Most people don't enjoy PvE, that's why so few people would play it if it didn't have 10x the rewards of PvP. Sure, if it had its separate gear progression (directly buy fully enchanted PvE gear), more people could at least try it out even after PvP gets boosted... But PvE is really not much fun in TERA.
    • Borsuc wrote:

exiled92 wrote:

Since goal of leaderboard is to show off your skill in competitive bgs and encourage competition for higher ranking how do you think a lose can give your more points?
      You should use the brain you're touting, maybe you'll be able to read and understand some English posts from people then.

Seio wrote:

You want to force people into playing PvP by making the reward 10x higher in PvP compared to PvE?
      Most people don't enjoy PvP, that's why so few people play it. Sure, if it had it's separate gear progression (directly buy fully enchanted PvP gear), more people could at least try it out... But PvP is really not much fun in TERA.
      You want to force people into playing PvE by keeping the reward 10x higher in PvE compared to PvP again?Most people don't enjoy PvE, that's why so few people would play it if it didn't have 10x the rewards of PvP. Sure, if it had its separate gear progression (directly buy fully enchanted PvE gear), more people could at least try it out even after PvP gets boosted... But PvE is really not much fun in TERA.
      Even if PvP had equal rewards few would be bothered with it. If it was a constant higher reward for PvP there'd be a short term spike of it, until everyone either quit tera or just skipped out of PvP.
      Nobody plays PvP for "rewards", since those rewards has nothing to do with PvP. You only play PvP for the actual PvP. PvP will remain dead no matter what, even if GF gave away TT for playin PvP it'd STILL be dead.
    • Seio wrote:

Even if PvP had equal rewards few would be bothered with it. If it was a constant higher reward for PvP there'd be a short term spike of it, until everyone either quit tera or just skipped out of PvP.
      Proof? Right, let's say we don't have any, so how about let it actually HAVE equal rewards and THEN make your point when it's proven right? (it won't be, but w/e). Maybe because you know you're wrong.
    • Borsuc wrote:

Seio wrote:

Proof? Right, let's say we don't have any, so how about let it actually HAVE equal rewards and THEN make your point when it's proven right? (it won't be, but w/e). Maybe because you know you're wrong.
      Strong box keys, sea chests with good rewards, amazing rewards for participating in FWC. Still dead. Some people will do it for the daily, but no more than that, most had really toxic attitude since they wanted to get it out of the way, or simply afked.

If you want PvP go play PUBG, or some other game where PvP is intended to be competitive, not something half-assed that was slapped onto the game (like PvP for Warframe).
    • Ahah my post work good. At least enjoy playing terra, a leadbord in pvp like in pve can just dynamise that game. After the hole in witch tera fell. I glad to see thoses Updates come first this one with news stuffs more structured, rk-9 is a good pve instance nice mecanics and naw somes news on desire to devellop a competitive game.

The 3 next months sound better than the last 2 years
    • Seio wrote:

Borsuc wrote:

exiled92 wrote:

Seio wrote:

You want to force people into playing PvE by keeping the reward 10x higher in PvE compared to PvP again?Most people don't enjoy PvE, that's why so few people would play it if it didn't have 10x the rewards of PvP. Sure, if it had its separate gear progression (directly buy fully enchanted PvE gear), more people could at least try it out even after PvP gets boosted... But PvE is really not much fun in TERA.
      Even if PvP had equal rewards few would be bothered with it. If it was a constant higher reward for PvP there'd be a short term spike of it, until everyone either quit tera or just skipped out of PvP.Nobody plays PvP for "rewards", since those rewards has nothing to do with PvP. You only play PvP for the actual PvP. PvP will remain dead no matter what, even if GF gave away TT for playin PvP it'd STILL be dead.
      Maybe because pve gets new instances every 6 months while pvp gets them every 2 years? And no I don't consider iron bg or kumas as "Tera" pvp. Is more like a pvp mini game and iron battleground is a direct clone from wintera with tanks. Gridiron was last pvp bg and was added more than 2 years ago. CS, FW and 3s is more than 4 years old.
    • Seio wrote:

Which is why I said it needed a proper BG, and complete rebalance of all the classes. Increased reward and a leaderboard isn't going to do shit for popularity.
      That is not what you said. You said:

"You want to force people into playing PvE by keeping the reward 10x higher in PvE compared to PvP again?Most people don't enjoy PvE, that's why so few people would play it if it didn't have 10x the rewards of PvP"

And I replied to you by saying that the pve bgs aren't updated. No new maps, nothing and worse loot in general. If someone forced people to shift to pve was developer with their 0 interest in pvp and huge rewards difference gap during the course of the game. Hence people were forced either they quit, switched to pve or decided to do equalised bgs only.
    • Sirgoulas wrote:

Seio wrote:

Which is why I said it needed a proper BG, and complete rebalance of all the classes. Increased reward and a leaderboard isn't going to do shit for popularity.
      That is not what you said. You said:
      "You want to force people into playing PvE by keeping the reward 10x higher in PvE compared to PvP again?Most people don't enjoy PvE, that's why so few people would play it if it didn't have 10x the rewards of PvP"

And I replied to you by saying that the pve bgs aren't updated. No new maps, nothing and worse loot in general. If someone forced people to shift to pve was developer with their 0 interest in pvp and huge rewards difference gap during the course of the game. Hence people were forced either they quit, switched to pve or decided to do equalised bgs only.
      No I did not, I said you wanted to force people to play PvP by making the PvE rewards shit in comparison. All that would achieve is people quitting TERA.
    • Seio wrote:

Sirgoulas wrote:

Seio wrote:

"You want to force people into playing PvE by keeping the reward 10x higher in PvE compared to PvP again? Most people don't enjoy PvE, that's why so few people would play it if it didn't have 10x the rewards of PvP"
      No I did not, I said you wanted to force people to play PvP by making the PvE rewards shit in comparison. All that would achieve is people quitting TERA.
      Now reply to the whole quote again BOTH parts YOU said.
    • Tianjin wrote:

I hope pvp still reborn once more time i don't like put my feet inside dungeons
      Your KDA Elin Sorceress will make TERA great again.
      Aeq | Lv65 Archer | ILv 447 | Panic | Yurian
      Ultima | Lv65 Priest | ILv 439 | Panic | Yurian

Seadra | Lv65 Archer | ILv 423 | Panic | Yurian
      Veku | Lv65 Archer | ILv427 | Panic | Yurian
      Quest Zerk | Aléx Lancer | Quiem Sorc | Disregard Warrior | Alcyel Mystic
      Requi Slayer | Aquah Gunner | Ranael Valkyrie | Disease Archer

Lordz of Ownage - 11/09/13 - Never forget
    • Aeq wrote:

Tianjin wrote:

I hope pvp still reborn once more time i don't like put my feet inside dungeons
      Your KDA Elin Sorceress will make TERA great again.
      If i can help i will be happy , more seriously i am downloading the game and i am going to try for one or two weeks , if the game does not satisfy me I'll leave, anyway it will not be a big loss for the game and thank you for your answer on the previous topic.
    • there are many pve players with really bad mentality and extremely toxic towards the pvp side of the game. Everytime they read a thread about increasing rewards in pvp, the first thing that comes to their mind is. "WHAT THEY ARE MAKING PVE REWARDS BAD?" When no one ever mentioned pve or touching their content rewards as this is clearly a pvp only thread.

Unfortunatly I dont think they will revive anything as the developer itself avoids or has no clue of things that not only are obvious but have been fowarded for years as far as our beautiful community managers made sure they really fowarded the feedback from us players who are the ones with direct contact with the game and its content. Maybe it would be the right time to foward them again...
    • Rafera wrote:

there are many pve players with really bad mentality and extremely toxic towards the pvp side of the game. Everytime they read a thread about increasing rewards in pvp, the first thing that comes to their mind is. "WHAT THEY ARE MAKING PVE REWARDS BAD?" When no one ever mentioned pve or touching their content rewards as this is clearly a pvp only thread.
      Don't forget the "WTF YOU FORCE ME TO DO PVP?!?" crowd who then goes, when pointed out that PvPers are forced to do PvE, "it's a MMO deal with it you gotta PvE". Yeah so if it's their beloved "MMO" why they crying about forced PvP?

(there's no forced PvP, you just reminded me of those)