PvP revive, is this for real?!

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    We are looking for TERA Moderators for the EN section! Are you interested? Check this: [OPEN] Want to become a Moderator in Tera (EN) - Here's your chance!

    • Spatsu wrote:

      Wow really a leaderboard for tera?! are we in the future or what, looking forward for this will make for sure the betterest gameur ever.

      I wanted to finish my post there but im really so surprised about this developer adding new features non stop and solving every problem the game has :))))DDDDDD))D)D)D)
      woah, I get that you're hyped and all but slow down! don't get your hopes up too much now! ;D
    • Battleground hours and other changes
      The battleground hours are adjusted based on player activity times for each battleground.
      Long queue times were a large issue and was a pain for many players who constantly played these battlegrounds. We’ve put our focus on making this system smoother and seamless.
      Damn, no more long queue times !! Means I can queue up anytime for my favourite BGs and get in ?
    • This news is really good.

      They talk about rewards and a leadboard on pve : next step.

      Sound really good. How some people can say a ranking change nothing ?!!!!!!!

      Go Play league of legend normal game... you will see how it funny. A leadboard is the key in a game since esport. Indeed this add can’t have a negatifeffect how can some people QQ ?! Tera go in the right, let them work.
    • I'm pretty sure most of you don't use brain.

      Battleground LeaderboardBattleground Leaderboard is a system that allows Battleground players to look up player’s Match history and their skill level.
      Since class roles are distinct in TERA the results can be looked up by class and the overall ranking is also available.
      Also leaderboard can be checked through the browser under the Raking Page on the Main site which will also be added as well.
      Future updates will include a title system that will be linked to the leaderboard.
      1. Goals of the Battleground Leaderboard
      Battleground leaderboards have been developed so that it will show off your skill in competitive battlegrounds and encourage competition for higher ranking.
      The goal of the leaderboard update is to make battlegrounds more enjoyable and to stimulate more activity in battlegrounds.

      Since goal of leaderboard is to show off your skill in competitive bgs and encourage competition for higher ranking how do you think a lose can give your more points?
      I won't even keep to argue with all of you, you have for sure some deficits like GMs of this game.

      At least keep argue about something not even realesed on ktera, what a gods.


    • inb4 10/100 bers ranked 5/100 slayers ranked and 100+/100 sorcs and the other zergs classes ranked over the month, the pvp and the game itself are dead since ages and the cancerous community is extremely small nowdays, it is just getting worse days after days and it won't change WHATEVER changes they bring, you can't stop the cancer aswell as you can't revive this game especilly the eu version.
    • Kapt wrote:

      Just make PvP more rewarding than PvE, I'm sure people will flock to PvP. I remember there was a jackpot event where you could earn upto 100 mwa/ FW win. It was the best idea but GF never does it again.
      You want to force people into playing PvP by making the reward 10x higher in PvP compared to PvE?
      Most people don't enjoy PvP, that's why so few people play it. Sure, if it had it's separate gear progression (directly buy fully enchanted PvP gear), more people could at least try it out... But PvP is really not much fun in TERA.

      Not only would they need a different gear set for PvP, but also redo all class balancing (and disable talents for PvP), last but not least, possibly the most important, to make a proper 3v3/5v5/6v6 BG where there are objective goals. I'm not sure what, but something that provides more fun than stalemate 3v3.
    • Seio wrote:

      Kapt wrote:

      Just make PvP more rewarding than PvE, I'm sure people will flock to PvP. I remember there was a jackpot event where you could earn upto 100 mwa/ FW win. It was the best idea but GF never does it again.
      You want to force people into playing PvP by making the reward 10x higher in PvP compared to PvE?Most people don't enjoy PvP, that's why so few people play it. Sure, if it had it's separate gear progression (directly buy fully enchanted PvP gear), more people could at least try it out... But PvP is really not much fun in TERA.

      Not only would they need a different gear set for PvP, but also redo all class balancing (and disable talents for PvP), last but not least, possibly the most important, to make a proper 3v3/5v5/6v6 BG where there are objective goals. I'm not sure what, but something that provides more fun than stalemate 3v3.
      talents? Ok, I got it, fact is more about pve players can't even handle properly crystals how can they even care about objectives? I get enough cancer with actual trash community, just stay in your pve pool
    • Well, the thread title was an eye-candy to attract interested ppl.

      We can't deny this patch is a good step in the right direction.

      I don't mean to say shut up all of you ofc, your opinions to improve matters and the improvement should not stop on this patch.

      I remember we cried in many threads for changes and we always got that guy who says 'You can't change the world' Well, we got a fair amount of changes and will keep demanding more! So stay angry guys!!!!

      I don't believe there will be a class balance ever in Tera, cause the stagger thingy makes every thing ping dependent. Well, low ping ppl can't feel it, and those who think attack speed can compansate for this have never experinced low ping and how it adds a self cap on attack speed. The good thing is, that has only huge impact on 1v1. In case of 3v3 it has less impact, in case of mass pvp it has the least impact. So instead of crying on class balance, cry more on match making balance, thats more worse crying on!

      I don't know what should we do for now, but as most of you said ranks are nothing without valuable rewards, this is undeniable and I would like to mention both @Iaito and @Atmorph to ask if we can send a feedback or something while bhs are still developing this patch. "Please, answer guys!"

      And about the ranking system, I prefere they keep the current one beacuse as I said before battlegrounds are not about 1 guy killing all or 1 healer healing all or 1 tank defending all! It's about teamwork and was always about that and should be always about that. If you got rank 1 in any battleground, its not beacuse you are superman, you are good and the people you played with helped you! Never ever forget that!
    • Seio wrote:

      You want to force people into playing PvP by making the reward 10x higher in PvP compared to PvE?Most people don't enjoy PvP, that's why so few people play it. Sure, if it had it's separate gear progression (directly buy fully enchanted PvP gear), more people could at least try it out... But PvP is really not much fun in TERA.
      Like ppl enjoy PvE after 10th, 20th, 50th, 200th clear (depends on eachindividual)? Why does PvP activity increase each months into the patch?

      Like Kapt said. If PvP had better rewards... most players would play PvP instead to gear up. Thats how mmorpg work. You play most rewarding content.
      Just think about it. Why noone played VSHM? Because farming required "too much time". So most went ABNM instead. And during evening you played PvP... since last patch PvP was actually rewarding. ;D
    • Unborn wrote:

      Seio wrote:

      You want to force people into playing PvP by making the reward 10x higher in PvP compared to PvE?Most people don't enjoy PvP, that's why so few people play it. Sure, if it had it's separate gear progression (directly buy fully enchanted PvP gear), more people could at least try it out... But PvP is really not much fun in TERA.
      Like ppl enjoy PvE after 10th, 20th, 50th, 200th clear (depends on eachindividual)? Why does PvP activity increase each months into the patch?
      Like Kapt said. If PvP had better rewards... most players would play PvP instead to gear up. Thats how mmorpg work. You play most rewarding content.
      Just think about it. Why noone played VSHM? Because farming required "too much time". So most went ABNM instead. And during evening you played PvP... since last patch PvP was actually rewarding. ;D
      You do the dungeons till you're fed up with them, then you quit until next patch. There's a lot better things to do than to bother with shitty TERA PvP.
    • Panwu wrote:

      Why pve players qq ? you will jave a leadboard too... To see who is the best in pve.

      I just hope pvp players will not reach the top of the 2 board...

      I put that here...
      PvP guilds and players are always super trap in PvE, you don't have to worry about that happening. Usually you just assume they swiped furiously for their +15, which I guess they did, but the reason they're so trash is because they're PvP players.
    • Seio wrote:

      Panwu wrote:

      Why pve players qq ? you will jave a leadboard too... To see who is the best in pve.

      I just hope pvp players will not reach the top of the 2 board...

      I put that here...
      PvP guilds and players are always super trap in PvE, you don't have to worry about that happening. Usually you just assume they swiped furiously for their +15, which I guess they did, but the reason they're so trash is because they're PvP players.
      Usually pvp players are better than the majority of pve players in every sides... Simply because PvE is about beating a computer that always use the same mechanics while PvP is about beating someone that can use new strategies, this last teach you to react faster and to adapt yourself to any kind of situation to find the best way to beat someone but also to dodge an attack.

      that being said, there are plenty of trash who try to PvP, same goes for PvE (and I must admit I'm the first of them now).
    • Yànwù wrote:

      Seio wrote:

      Panwu wrote:

      Why pve players qq ? you will jave a leadboard too... To see who is the best in pve.

      I just hope pvp players will not reach the top of the 2 board...

      I put that here...
      PvP guilds and players are always super trap in PvE, you don't have to worry about that happening. Usually you just assume they swiped furiously for their +15, which I guess they did, but the reason they're so trash is because they're PvP players.
      Usually pvp players are better than the majority of pve players in every sides... Simply because PvE is about beating a computer that always use the same mechanics while PvP is about beating someone that can use new strategies, this last teach you to react faster and to adapt yourself to any kind of situation to find the best way to beat someone but also to dodge an attack.
      that being said, there are plenty of trash who try to PvP, same goes for PvE.
      Except that's not true. Just spend a little time and you'll be able to beat the super veteran PvE players.. Except they'll be like 2 tiers of gear higher and/or have PvP rolls, and have better crystals. In any other game newbies have no chance against veterans, except in TERA, where a newbie will occasionally beat the veteran, despite having worse gear.

      In any competitive game a good team/player will have 100% winrate against a bad player, especially a completely new player.

      Only reason a PvP player would be good in PvE is if they're originally a PvE player, and so autistic and obsessed with TERA that they started to play PvP when they get bored of PvE content, rather than to spend time on some real PvP game (like PUBG, if you want to keep playing BHS games).
    • Seio wrote:

      Yànwù wrote:

      Seio wrote:

      Panwu wrote:

      Why pve players qq ? you will jave a leadboard too... To see who is the best in pve.

      I just hope pvp players will not reach the top of the 2 board...

      I put that here...
      PvP guilds and players are always super trap in PvE, you don't have to worry about that happening. Usually you just assume they swiped furiously for their +15, which I guess they did, but the reason they're so trash is because they're PvP players.
      Usually pvp players are better than the majority of pve players in every sides... Simply because PvE is about beating a computer that always use the same mechanics while PvP is about beating someone that can use new strategies, this last teach you to react faster and to adapt yourself to any kind of situation to find the best way to beat someone but also to dodge an attack.that being said, there are plenty of trash who try to PvP, same goes for PvE.
      Except that's not true. Just spend a little time and you'll be able to beat the super veteran PvE players.. Except they'll be like 2 tiers of gear higher and/or have PvP rolls, and have better crystals. In any other game newbies have no chance against veterans, except in TERA, where a newbie will occasionally beat the veteran, despite having worse gear.
      In any competitive game a good team/player will have 100% winrate against a bad player, especially a completely new player.

      Only reason a PvP player would be good in PvE is if they're originally a PvE player, and so autistic and obsessed with TERA that they started to play PvP when they get bored of PvE content, rather than to spend time on some real PvP game (like PUBG, if you want to keep playing BHS games).
      Have you a problem with the fact that a boss is only about some 0 and 1 ?... Everybody can understand a pattern, it seems not everybody can understand and know how another person/player will act, that's all I was saying and it makes a great difference.

      The only reason a PvP player would be good in PvE is if he does try to play a little bit in PvE... Nothing else. You don't need to write a fantasy novel to confirm your beliefs, it won't.
    • Yànwù wrote:

      Seio wrote:

      Yànwù wrote:

      Seio wrote:

      Panwu wrote:

      Why pve players qq ? you will jave a leadboard too... To see who is the best in pve.

      I just hope pvp players will not reach the top of the 2 board...

      I put that here...
      PvP guilds and players are always super trap in PvE, you don't have to worry about that happening. Usually you just assume they swiped furiously for their +15, which I guess they did, but the reason they're so trash is because they're PvP players.
      Usually pvp players are better than the majority of pve players in every sides... Simply because PvE is about beating a computer that always use the same mechanics while PvP is about beating someone that can use new strategies, this last teach you to react faster and to adapt yourself to any kind of situation to find the best way to beat someone but also to dodge an attack.that being said, there are plenty of trash who try to PvP, same goes for PvE.
      Except that's not true. Just spend a little time and you'll be able to beat the super veteran PvE players.. Except they'll be like 2 tiers of gear higher and/or have PvP rolls, and have better crystals. In any other game newbies have no chance against veterans, except in TERA, where a newbie will occasionally beat the veteran, despite having worse gear.In any competitive game a good team/player will have 100% winrate against a bad player, especially a completely new player.

      Only reason a PvP player would be good in PvE is if they're originally a PvE player, and so autistic and obsessed with TERA that they started to play PvP when they get bored of PvE content, rather than to spend time on some real PvP game (like PUBG, if you want to keep playing BHS games).
      Have you a problem with the fact that a boss is only about some 0 and 1 ?... Everybody can understand a pattern, it seems not everybody can understand and know how another person/player will act, that's all I was saying and it makes a great difference.
      The only reason a PvP player would be good in PvE is if he does try to play a little bit in PvE... Nothing else. You don't need to write a fantasy novel to confirm your beliefs, it won't.
      Clearing a dungeon isn't the same as high scoring it.
    • Seio wrote:

      Yànwù wrote:

      Seio wrote:

      Yànwù wrote:

      Seio wrote:

      Panwu wrote:

      Why pve players qq ? you will jave a leadboard too... To see who is the best in pve.

      I just hope pvp players will not reach the top of the 2 board...

      I put that here...
      PvP guilds and players are always super trap in PvE, you don't have to worry about that happening. Usually you just assume they swiped furiously for their +15, which I guess they did, but the reason they're so trash is because they're PvP players.
      Usually pvp players are better than the majority of pve players in every sides... Simply because PvE is about beating a computer that always use the same mechanics while PvP is about beating someone that can use new strategies, this last teach you to react faster and to adapt yourself to any kind of situation to find the best way to beat someone but also to dodge an attack.that being said, there are plenty of trash who try to PvP, same goes for PvE.
      Except that's not true. Just spend a little time and you'll be able to beat the super veteran PvE players.. Except they'll be like 2 tiers of gear higher and/or have PvP rolls, and have better crystals. In any other game newbies have no chance against veterans, except in TERA, where a newbie will occasionally beat the veteran, despite having worse gear.In any competitive game a good team/player will have 100% winrate against a bad player, especially a completely new player.
      Only reason a PvP player would be good in PvE is if they're originally a PvE player, and so autistic and obsessed with TERA that they started to play PvP when they get bored of PvE content, rather than to spend time on some real PvP game (like PUBG, if you want to keep playing BHS games).
      Have you a problem with the fact that a boss is only about some 0 and 1 ?... Everybody can understand a pattern, it seems not everybody can understand and know how another person/player will act, that's all I was saying and it makes a great difference.The only reason a PvP player would be good in PvE is if he does try to play a little bit in PvE... Nothing else. You don't need to write a fantasy novel to confirm your beliefs, it won't.
      Clearing a dungeon isn't the same as high scoring it.
      Actually, it's exactly the same, high score is just about being a little bit smarter and having a proper gear.