some random brawler questions pvp/pve best practices

• Brawler
    • some random brawler questions pvp/pve best practices

Hi,

Recently Im playing a lot brawler, so I have few pvp/pve questions if you have some best practice please J

• PVP crystals – do you have favourite combination? I tried some, I think swift, brutal, cruel, carving can be a nice option,
      • PVP glyps – here Im not sure, can you recommend your setup? (I mean noob pvp – CS/Fray/Grid)
      • PVP smart combos – do you have some? Especially for front line „pusher“ in front of crowd
      • PVP - Do you have special setup of crystals for CS gate breaking?
      • PVE - I want to invest point more to haymaker, but Im not sure which can I lose.. can you share your glyph setup?
      • PVE – do you use power/crit jew or just crit? (I play mostly in priest party, so I use crit all but I have more than 331 – 340 (with GF buff) so I will solve it by etchings (energetic/power)
      • Perfect block/defense – how you track it? PD glyph and RK glyph procs are both green, so I cant recognize them in buffs – so I train it in rk9 last one – there is easy to proc perfect defense, and now I track it only by memory (cca every 10 sec I use manual perf def)
      • RK9 last – 30% of enrages in begining I cant see as enarage – and Im not sure if I enraged – bug probably?
      • Rk9 first – lot of times it happens that I freeze in space and fall down 5-10 sec later – so and than no aggro etc... bug again?

Ty for your opinion, best practice and glyphs links,

• I can't help in PvP as I've never tried PvPing with Brawler but I share my opinions about PvE brawler.

• Which glyph are you trying to invest on? If it's the extra crit chance then it may not be needed. As I noticed the skill itself have a really high chance to crit by its own. Not sure if the reset is worth it, someone else can answer that probably. x)
      • I go with mixed, 3 crit 2 power or 2/3 if we have a mystic.
      • I don't really keep track of it. I usually manually block when I want to save up harder hitting skills for a better opportunity and that seems to be enough for most cases. Although I'm pretty sure I'm missing out a lot of that glyph this way and could be definitely improvements.
      • Not sure about why a boss wouldn't enrage. But I've seen lancers and brawlers using aggro / enrage skills before even starting the fight. I hope you're not doing the same mistake. If you use your skills when the boss is not even near you, then it won't enrage.
      • And yes that's most likely a bug. Sometimes I do get stuck in the vast nothingness, it looks like I've hit something solid and my fall is delayed a few seconds. It's annoying but not annoying enough for me to complain about it. :x
      <3 Guide for new people - Click / tap to get redirected <3

https://bit.ly/TeraGuide
    • Since I'm a PvE player I will answer your PvE questions.

1. My glyphbuild: essentialmana.com/glyph-calc/#…3:g24:h135:i245:j13:q0:u1
      I only play Brawler as an alt so I'm not going for the perfect blocks with counter. Just take one Counterpunch or Quick Dash glyph out and you can fit the powerlinked Counter in easily.

2. There are two playstyles for the Brawler and they need different crit values. Which value you need for your playstyle must someone else tell you.

3. I don't really keep track of it.

4. Bug or you were out of range when you used the enrage.

5. Bug.
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars
    • Well, the others don't seem to be sure so I will try to elaborate a bit.

I want to invest point more to haymaker, but Im not sure which can I lose.. can you share your glyph setup?

Glyh Build

The things people argue about is wether or not you should take the triple crit chance glyph on haymaker and wether you should take the cooldown on your enrage or not. With the triple haymaker glyph, you would be able to run a power setup without losing this sweet 99% haymaker crit ratio. But it is simply not worth it. Best brawlers with the highest dps are not using this glyph. You should aim for around 340 crit (in my experience, the former 331 is a bit too low right now) and don't play the haymaker glyph.
      Enrage cooldown is argueable. I am simply not using it because in pushruns I wouldn't be able to use it a second time effectively anyway. And additionally, I don't really want to take other glyph points out. If you want to support your group to the max, use lancer, Brawler should care about his own dps as well and I am not sure the bit more enrage time is worth the loss in dps, but feel free to try it.

do you use power/crit jew or just crit? (I play mostly in priest party, so I use crit all but I have more than 331 – 340 (with GF buff) so I will solve it by etchings (energetic/power)

I kinda already answered to this question. You should aim for around 330-350 crit in total (including the 50 base and the 50 GF buff). You will always go for double energetic etching, weapons and gloves. My juwelery setup is 2 old rings crit, 1 old necklace crit (resized) and 2 new earrings crit. You may want to grab that sweet 4% attackspeed for normal runs. For push runs I recommend to substitute the necklace because otherwise you may run out of skills which is not that nice in a push run. Prepare a kit for priest runs and a kit for myst runs, green value should be for priest around +240 and for myst at +180. In my casual setup, I got +254 and +194, in my top notch set with lamb I aim for 335 crit though.

Perfect block/defense – how you track it? PD glyph and RK glyph procs are both green, so I cant recognize them in buffs – so I train it in rk9 last one – there is easy to proc perfect defense, and now I track it only by memory (cca every 10 sec I use manual perf def)

Well, first off, this is a real complicated topic. The perfect counter does not always yield the increased damage, so don't put too much effort into it. If it does PERFECTLY fit your rotation and the boss pattern, just raise a manual block. But I would not recommend to try to proc it because you gonna have a bad time. At the moment there is only a 30% chance to get the damage buff after a perfect block. This will be raised with the next buff to a whooping 50% chance.

RK9 last – 30% of enrages in begining I cant see as enarage – and Im not sure if I enraged – bug probably?

It is a bug, the boss is enraged though. Get yourself a damage tool, it is correctly displayed there.

Rk9 first – lot of times it happens that I freeze in space and fall down 5-10 sec later – so and than no aggro etc... bug again?

Probably a bug. Didn't happen to me, maybe you should try to use the following pattern: Count the attacks from the boss (4) and after the last was shot (not while it is shot) bullrush to the edge of the platform, use one of your quick dashes and jump. Works very well and is reliable and grants you the highest possible dps. Use your second quickdash if you end up on the wrong side or to get to the boss faster.

If you got any more questions, feel free to ask. Also, if you didn't understand one of my points, again, feel free to ask again or more specific.

References
      There are only two paths you can choose. You can sit quietly and be selected out of this world, or you can adapt and change.

No, but I can learn. I'll bathe in blood. If that's what it takes to protect my friends, I'll take it. All the hatred, the disease. I'll take it as my own and end it.