Permanent block.

• Permanent block.

Hello
      My name is Lander, and I am, or at least was playing the brawler class on the server Killian. Now, for some reason the Tera support has blocked my account permanently blocked my account. The reason they gave me is as follows : "Your account was found violating our rule for manipulating data, botting and exploiting... you sent malformed packets 7292 times, this action is not possible without the use of a third party program or a client manipulation."
      At first I was really angry, because I don't have any 3rd party programs, and it was my only account. But without any progress, I had to wait out 2 weeks for my account to be unblocked (18.09.2017 until 2.10.2017). Then on the second of october, I could play on my account again. I thought everything was fixed. But 2 days later, on 4.10.2017, I wanted to log in to my account , but it was blocked again. Contacted support, but the only answer they can give is "Due to the fact that this was another breach of the ToS and/or EULA, we reserve the right to remove players and accounts that have broken these." I get it that they have the right to remove players who actually breach the ToS or EULA. But my problem is, when I got blocked again, and I asked for what the reason was, they said I sended malformed packages. Again , "This action is not possible without the use of a third party program or a client manipulation." So, I already told them I have no 3rd party programs nor did I manipulate the client. And then I asked Tera support of there was a possible solution to this problem. I asked if they could maybe give me the IP address who sended these packages, because then I could look if it is my IP address to exclude possible hacking. This is what they replied : "We have to inform you that as a game support we are not providing to the players such details like IP of the connection used to enter the game servers.'" Okay, I get this. So I asked if reinstalling the game could be a solution. They said they don't know because they can only monitor things from the servers side. I had nothing to lose , so I reinstalled Tera. I also asked them what would happen if this problem would not be removed with the reinstall. They replied: "As we already informed you, another breach of EULA and/or TaC may result in extraordinary termination of your account and permanent block." Okay, I thought. Then I asked them when my account will be unblocked, since they said, and I'm saying this in their words, "another breach of EULA and/or TaC may result in extraordinary termination of your account and permanent block". Another breach would permanently block my account. But I was blocked already, so how can I possibly breach these ToS/EULA If I can't even play? I think this is just poor handling and hiding of the problems of the files. And okay, no game is flawless, but seriously, banning players for having an error in the gamefiles? In the ToS it clearly says that we can't change anything in our gamefiles. So , If their was a fault in the files ,it isn't my fault that "my pc" sended malformed packages, but it is the fault in the gamefiles. And that is why players get permanently blocked? It just doesn't make any sense:

1) "As we already informed you, another breach of EULA and/or TaC may result in extraordinary termination of your account and permanent block." ANOTHER breach. I can't play the game, how can I breach them again then ?
      2) "This action is not possible without the use of a third party program or a client manipulation." No, this is not client manipulation or 3rd party programs, this is an error in the gamefiles.
      3) "We can only monitor things from the servers side" Yes, I know. But I don't think I am the first one to get this problem, and the least you can do is at least try to help in dealing with the problem.

The reason why I made a thread on this forum is because once the Tera support can't help you , they ignore your case and you'll see the status "ticket has been answered."
      I putted a lot of money into this account, made friends and all different kinds of stuff. I really want my account back. I wouldn't write all of this if I knew I was wrong. But I know I am right because it is something I can't do anything about. I know other people who have/had the same problem and they all agree with me.
      I really hope you can help me out.

Greetings,
      Lander
    • Support is useless and no they won't provide ip address. I can't help you with your problem besides telling you to reinstall windows/linux and Tera from scratch. Your thread will probably be closed as well according to their forum rules. What you can do though is ask on Tera EU discord for help or pm some people here that I know from their posts they have IT knowledge such as Borsuc.
    • Sirgoulas wrote:

Support is useless and no they won't provide ip address. I can't help you with your problem besides telling you to reinstall windows/linux and Tera from scratch. Your thread will probably be closed as well according to their forum rules. What you can do though is ask on Tera EU discord for help or pm some people here that I know from their posts they have IT knowledge such as Borsuc.
      I know, thats why I posted here , cuz tera support is not helping... and then this cased will be closed probably yes, but I want my account back , I had spent money on it and they blocked it without a reason
    • I don't think this is very "troubleshootable" considering they refuse to tell you anything about the malformed packet or what even happened. The guy who got banned for going "offmap" might hint that they could look if the location is "valid", but I doubt it. Either way, best to stop going "exploring mode". (that's not your case I presume)

Maybe some anti-virus or firewalls are too malware-like and change packets? But again, I doubt it. However, it's a possibility, but such troubleshooting is completely pointless if "testing" it requires a risk of a permanent ban because they refuse to tell you what went wrong. So trying to eliminate causes 1 by 1 until you stop getting a ban is not feasible considering it's your last chance (I assume you're not permanently banned yet? otherwise, RIP).
    • so now just report every1 you don't like
      I'm sure gf support would find something ban them and say "we can't give you that information"
      what a friendly game and some ppl are paying for it

would be nice if we could ask if there is something going on with our accounts before we get banned
      but then again they check and ban "we can't give you that info"
    • Same thing from Monday - Banned account.
      Same thread from last week - Tera Support - Incompetent BOT's , just sayin.
      Same thing from a month ago with another person that I know of from Discord, and I don't have a reason not to trust her.

And the result is always the same - accused and banned without proof that isn't falsely generated by their own product. According to Discord, TL.exe is likely a virus. A guildie had it corrupted recently and I just couldn't send it to him.

It's too much of a coincidence that all of a sudden people are getting banned after these security updates we saw in the past month. And it's usually unsuspecting players, while those who have been using third-party tools for well over half a year now are playing just fine. Someone even said the other day that the guy who's known to use this memeslash thing is still not banned.

(Note that I only blurred the cheater's name because reporting hackers is against forum's rules! The #2 sorcerer killed 3 out of 43 people he touched or was in the vicinity when killed, unlike the cheater who killed 30 out of 43 people he touched or was close by when they died.)
      When I and at least someone else reported him or someone else using this cheat we got the very same copy-pasted reply - thank you, we'll investigate but can't tell if and what action we'll take. Not knowing whether they've even reviewed your report is extremely discouraging. I just don't bother reporting abusers anymore unless it's something that actually affects me. Saw a gold seller earlier this week in Velika but just ignored him, as I know Support won't even lift a finger.

Just to prove me right about the slapping players in need of help, they closed the first thread I linked above without even trying to even indirectly help that person. And the Community Manager ( @Athena ) again, sadly, didn't step up. Players are intentionally forced to stay away from the forum and instead seek help on external websites and from people we know nothing about. What's the point of having new moderators and even a new CoMa if nothing ever changes?

Borsuc wrote:

best to stop going "exploring mode"
      That's what I told a newbie guildmate the other day when he asked about the unused areas on the map, having seen @Kitaara's thread - not to go even near Baldera and Velika Wilds (or whatever it's called) as he might get banned for absolutely no reason.
    • Same here, they blocked me and i don't know why

This action has been taken as your account was found violating our rule for client/proxy manipulations. Many of malformed packets were sent from your account to game servers on 11th of October.
      I don't even know what that means, All i did on that day just play the game normally like every other day

I'm afraid they will get the same alert again the perma ban me \:
    • yea but if you send let's say burning heart packet which is malformed? or how do they know it is?
      so now lag spikes that happens for example in mornings can get you banned since you keep sending same things tho nothing happens
      don't get me wrong but that's bull....
    • Hello all,

my wife got exactly same issue. She got ban for sending 60 malformed packets, she got same answers from support like you. She is not using any 3rd party program. Support didnt want to tell her any details, simply no help from them. After many messages to support, they even told her, if she will answer one more time regarding that issue, she will be blocked from their support system for spamming. We played together on Enmasse before and this never happend there, Enmasse have completely different way of dealing with their customers. As we see its normal for GAMEFORGE to ban ppl without reason. Gameforge wake up, because you are banning ppl, who are paying your bills and your salaries. If you dont have enough knowledge to handle IT issues caused by your broken gamefiles than you are just idiots. And when we read answer above, wife just realized that day when she "sent" malformed packets, she was exploring map and fall down through textures. So if that was the reason, I have no good words for this noob company. Ofc she wont get any compensation, because it was not Gameforge mistake as they asnwered her.
    • Alcarmo85 wrote:

Hello all,

my wife got exactly same issue.
      [...]
      And when we read answer above, wife just realized that day when she "sent" malformed packets, she was exploring map and fall down through textures. [...]
      And instead of trying to help you, forum admins silenced you. As if getting ridiculed by Support wasn't enough.

I've been falling under the map in Gridiron at least once a week for the past year, and every time this happens it's after a respawn in the corner. Guess I should stop doing Gridiron at all, especially after they even excluded it from the extra emblems event, like it didn't already have pathetic VG rewards. Jesus...