disappointed

We are looking for TERA Moderators for the EN section! Are you interested? Check this: [OPEN] Want to become a Moderator in Tera (EN) - Here's your chance!

• New

jinh wrote:

Minji wrote:

Tade wrote:

Minji wrote:

How you even make gold in this game anymore? Vanguards barely give any, everything is untradeable. How is new player who just got lvl 65 going to afford things like those crafting recepies? Sure they don't need them at the start but they are burning all their little gold that they got to enchant while not gaining anything. I just dont see it, someone tell me. I feel like this patch made this game cash shop reliant.
      redd.it/75z0f1
      thanks, need to test myself.
      There isnt so much to test, the dude did easy/medium IoD x16 (it gives x3-6 gold talent per quest +100gold) and/or 2stars dungeon (about 750gold/run). Add the credits+whatever their value is, and that's it.
      As for a new player, he's not supposed to afford the highest recipe that requires master crafting, at least not instantly. Surely when you get to hightier you should be able to spend 50k in a recipe (golden daric), and so on for the golden plate/toptier.
      Some might ask "who are you to say what a player is supposed to do ingame, maybe he likes crafting?" well sure, then again, if you like/want to be crafting you'll be able to obtain such amount (which isnt much at all tbh), I spent about 70k back in p2p just to be able to craft my own crafted weapon (dreamkeeper set), this was before mchm/knhm clear, 70k was a lot back then, gold generation was 400-800gold per hour killing normal mobs in three tower/pathfinder.
      I meant test with EU prices. but it seems its very hard to sell anything since people just undercut and its really hard to sell anything.
    • New

@Celestial Rice and @Mallotie from that link explained most things although may be a bit confusing for some.

What is misleading in this patch is that the gold generated through dungeons is more than before, but so is the gold sink for enchanting/upgrading and buying materials.
      ex Enchanting/Upgrading requires actual gold, excessive amounts in some cases such as upgrading to frostmetal (5k for weapon)
      Theoretically speaking, IF you could make gold ONLY via dungeons/bgs etc and it took you the SAME amount of time as before you would actually make more gold now hence devaluating the gold you had. Reason is because you would earn more if you done enchanting at the same time. Although gold has been actually devaulated that is not the actual reason why, simply because we didn't mention many important parameters that I will talk in a bit.

Firstly the amount of time spend to enchant gear seems to be much more than before.
      And secondly and most importantly alternative sources of income. And here is the main issue. The game before was dropping a quite decent amount of tradeable materials and vanguard credits that made the in game actual earned gold obsolete. And this is where the fixing should start taking place along with the low enough or 0 (ye I talk about you Gridiron) exp generated.

Also another parameter that wasn't mentioned is is the huge costs of designs which although is part of gold sink has a special importance. The new player cannot easily afford it in the beginning. The new player is the one that will actually make the best price cuts since he is more in need of money. By doing so you actually force crafted materials prices to be high such as golden plate and prices of golden talent low. Although the unlimited pp veterans have is part of the problem as well. Thankfully for a more healthy economy, there is too much competition plus many whales bought out so the prices of plates drop due to these reasons.

I could make a paragraph of what needs to be changed but even when and if GF apply changes they won't do it properly in the beginning.
    • New

Minji wrote:

I meant test with EU prices. but it seems its very hard to sell anything since people just undercut and its really hard to sell anything.
      Yeah I got it, I thought using EU prices for talents was implied.
      Gold Talent get sold pretty fast, goes between 20 & 39gold (on Killian,I sold over 5k the last two days), Silver 40-70gold but slower.

Undercuting is indeed happening a lot, nothing one can do about, I remenber having an argument back during p2p with someone about it, I used to craft health & mp pots and some dude was doing the same thing, I always matched his price, and he always lowered it, so I matched it again, and so on, to the point where we actually lost gold crafting said potion, so I asked him why he did such, his answer was "to sell it faster".

The undercuting that has been going on for the past week was necessary tho, sadly some people are too eager to sell their stuff faster than other to realise that they missed(are missing even) a ton of value by undercuting, especially early in a new patch while p2w & rich player are buying everything for absurd prices (ie: Golden Plate being sold for 3.5k while it cost 100-150gold to make), a week later, thanks to undercuting, golden plates are being sold for 500golds,while p2w'er are still enchanting stuff.
    • New

I mean of course if you want to sell faster you lower the price. That's not a problem of any kind. Price fixing, "cartel" is even illegal in the real world, if that's what you're suggesting.

However it's possible to manipulate tera market for certain items. A rich player could buy every reasonably priced item in broker, put stacks of one item for a cheap price to make people who sell their stuff quickly just register their items at a minimum price. At least it was possible, now there are warnings if you register below average price, that should reduce the problem and make it a lot harder.
    • New

Bargg wrote:

I mean of course if you want to sell faster you lower the price. That's not a problem of any kind. Price fixing, "cartel" is even illegal in the real world, if that's what you're suggesting.

However it's possible to manipulate tera market for certain items. A rich player could buy every reasonably priced item in broker, put stacks of one item for a cheap price to make people who sell their stuff quickly just register their items at a minimum price. At least it was possible, now there are warnings if you register below average price, that should reduce the problem and make it a lot harder.
      Undercutting is kind of necessary for f2p players, if there's a high stock of the item. If they put it up and it doesn't sell, they've pretty much lost all profit they could've possibly earned.