disappointed

We are looking for TERA Moderators for the EN section! Are you interested? Check this: [OPEN] Want to become a Moderator in Tera (EN) - Here's your chance!

• Sirgoulas wrote:

Ismar wrote:

In your tl;dr you are absolutely correct, which is why this system is good for mains, bad for alts.

With this system, if you use gear xp, you will still be competitive, and if you pay a premium, you will be the top 0.1% of the server for a few weeks/months after patch hits.

edit: to put it differently, if there is no drawback of making BiS day 1, then it's not a different option, it's just about who is faster. Options should be different, have benefits and drawbacks.
      The system is not perfect, but disregarding alts, it's way better than before.
      Actually no? This system is bad for both mains and alts. You should look at as in a gold/time invested as Borsuc stated and not solely as time. Because you can 0% rngejus with the new system probably by the time next patch will come and playing like a bot, doesn't mean that the new system is better. Not only will you had spent way less time with the previous system but you would have also saved gold for alts or future patches if you spent the same amount of time, besides the choice of playing any class you wanted.
      Also there are new things that some people don't include in their calculations:
      -The material supply is minuscule.
      -When enchanting/upgrading you still spend gold and not insignificant amount ( ex 3566 gold just to upgrade to frostmetal chest)
      -Extremely expensive designs totaling 300k+ cost. Also the cost to craft gems is over the top 1391g (-% chance for crit) for one emerald. Or you will pray for rng and w8 for all jewels to drop in game?
      -The restriction in pp also forcibly pushes you to delay advancing. I have 1100 vial but what about rest people? If you don't you are literally screwed.
      -Etchings designs don't exist and if they do the crafted ones will sell in 6 digit numbers
      -And most importantly gold cannot be made in game besides selling some gems to some whales

Feels like any regional changes GF had done in the past has been forcibly removed until they milk all the money from whales and people start actually complaining.
      The annoying thing is people like you with your unbased opinions label this system as "better". No wonder GF doesn't give a rats ass.
      The same could have been said about +15 system and no mwa from vanguard. It wasn't the fault of the system, but of our availability of materials.
      I haven't tried getting to stormcry +9 so that I can say if the cost is reasonable. I am discussing the idea of the system and gear xp, I did not comment on how many materials or gold we get. GF needed months to adjust to +15 system.
      For example, there is no reasonable way to get silver talents, thats a problem. There is no materials box from vanguard credits, thats a problem.
      Just because GF doesn't provide a way to get materials doesn't mean the system is at fault. Old system would suck too with no bound mwa and no mwa boxes from vanguard credits.
      I didn't ever make a calculation what is faster or not, just the idea of paying a premium for early BiS, and less rng, linear progression.
      For ppl with less gold, it should be even faster, provided there is a reasonable source for materials. Every system is bad if GF doesn't give you a way to get materials.
    • Ismar wrote:

Just because GF doesn't provide a way to get materials doesn't mean the system is at fault.
      That's the case with old system. New system limits the possible ways you can play in. What characters to use and what content you need to do. So even if the material supply was right, new system would not be without faults.
    • Bargg wrote:

Ismar wrote:

Just because GF doesn't provide a way to get materials doesn't mean the system is at fault.
      That's the case with old system. New system limits the possible ways you can play in. What characters to use and what content you need to do. So even if the material supply was right, new system would not be without faults.
      And my argument is that given the same material income, new system is way better. I have said clearly why I think that.
      The only bad thing in my opinion with the new system is how to gear alts.
    • Ismar wrote:

And my argument is that given the same material income, new system is way better. I have said clearly why I think that.
      And others have given reasons to disagree with you. Even with the same "material income" this new system isn't really better. Slow progression, or any kind of progression for that matter sucks in a game like this. For someone that has played for years, going back to low lvl content and bad gear sucks. Having good gear doesn't make anyone a special player, like it maybe does in some other old school mmorpgs. Gear has been easy to get and hasn't required any special skills in a long time. Progressing to higher gear doesn't feel like anything. It's just an obstacle standing in front of the fun.

And gearing alts isn't a small problem that should be taken lightly. Alts have always been a major part of tera. Literally everyone I know has lots of alts. Everyone in my static used in the very least 2 different characters daily. People who join lfgs switch to their alts all the time. For most people there is more than one main, because of limited entries. More than one character per patch they use in equal amounts as their main character. Now people rather reset dungeon on their main than switch to alt because of gear xp.
    • Bargg wrote:

Ismar wrote:

And others have given reasons to disagree with you. Even with the same "material income" this new system isn't really better. Slow progression, or any kind of progression for that matter sucks in a game like this. For someone that has played for years, going back to low lvl content and bad gear sucks.
      And gearing alts isn't a small problem that should be taken lightly. Alts have always been a major part of tera. Literally everyone I know has lots of alts. Everyone in my static used in the very least 2 different characters daily. People who join lfgs switch to their alts all the time. For most people there is more than one main, because of limited entries. More than one character per patch they use in equal amounts as their main character. Now people rather reset dungeon on their main than switch to alt because of gear xp.
      I don't think gearing 2 characters will be a problem. Gearing more would be though.
      I can't agree with the idea that progression sucks in a game like this, because if you aren't rich, you have a big road ahead of you. Even in NA, where everything is way cheaper, I needed lots of time to be able to get BiS starting from scratch. Also, if you played for years, and don't like progression, I am assuming you had +15 death/oblit, so I don't understand how you have a reason to complain at all, you started with stormcry +4 or +3, can't remember.
      The only reason I have heard, besides alts, is "more expensive and slower".
      Imho that is not an argument or problem, since everyone has it. You can do all in +4 stormcry, and if everyone else starts with it, you aren't worse off, you just have more to do for a longer period. I also don't see why anyone like that needs to do low lvl dungeons.

I believe it's more of a mentality stuck in everyones mind that they can't play unless they have full BiS gear.
      I mean people spent thousands of gold to get +15 boots for pve, which arguably does nothing.
    • Yesterday no lagg's with 3 star dungeon's and today have many freezes and delaying lagg's like wtf?

Still no annouchment seen with a MT is coming, i hope it will be our i gonna buy the lag's in the server's, its clearly that TERA communiy is messing with the server's
    • Seio wrote:

You mean merchant? Press H and you can see how much gold you make per dungeon run. It's 600g to 720g.

Gold/silver plate sells for a lot more than material costs. Although, it's 100k design... A big investment.
      Why do I even bother replying? 600-720g per 4 star dungeon that takes 25 mins on lfg whereas before you were getting 2k+ from ghillie alone. Dungeons also dropped around 20 tokens that you could exchange with vanguard and mwa. They also dropped boxes that every whale that couldn't clear would buy for 2k gold hard mode ones and 800g-1k 4star ones. And bgs loot was really good especially gridiron.

What investment? You spend pp hello? 60pp for one. And is only 1st week that is why sells a lot. Basically you sell your vial of elinu that you have stacked from Tera Club all these years in the form of plate. Another parameter you took as granted.

Ismar wrote:

The same could have been said about +15 system and no mwa from vanguard. It wasn't the fault of the system, but of our availability of materials

I haven't tried getting to stormcry +9 so that I can say if the cost is reasonable. I am discussing the idea of the system and gear xp, I did not comment on how many materials or gold we get. GF needed months to adjust to +15 system.
      For example, there is no reasonable way to get silver talents, thats a problem. There is no materials box from vanguard credits, thats a problem.
      Just because GF doesn't provide a way to get materials doesn't mean the system is at fault. Old system would suck too with no bound mwa and no mwa boxes from vanguard credits.
      I didn't ever make a calculation what is faster or not, just the idea of paying a premium for early BiS, and less rng, linear progression.
      For ppl with less gold, it should be even faster, provided there is a reasonable source for materials. Every system is bad if GF doesn't give you a way to get materials.
      What? The availability of materials was and is part of the system. For example in new system if materials dropped like rain you wouldn't care about the exp %. Similarly if more mwa/semis etc dropped you wouldn't care about the rng fails.

GF needed months cause is operated by baboons. They don't play their game, their support is useless and they try to make money from the minority without looking at the larger picture.

Again you are off topic. You do realise we compare older system with regional changes applied vs the new one? Although probably even without them older was better. As I previously explained, reason GF hasn't done any changes in this system is a) is incapable company and b)wants to grab money from p2w. This treatment though to other players that sticked around and supported the game for so long plus the new server marketing ploy, clearly depicts their true colors and how they spit on their player base.
    • Sirgoulas wrote:

You do realise we compare older system with regional changes applied vs the new one?
      I don't. I compare older system vs the new one, not the amount of materials we get. And yes, GF is slow. Right now we have the Ktera system and maybe even less materials than Ktera. But we ALL have it, and if you had gear before, you started with gear now.

And even if we got 5x the materials drop, you would care for the exp %, because it simply is a difference, and in my opinion people who want to compete and make gear faster should pay a premium, or looking at it the other way, people who can't or don't want to do it should have it easier to catch up later. I see no reason why it's a good thing to pay the same, or even more, to make the gear a month after the patch.

Simply yelling the new system sucks isn't helping anyone. The system is a bluehole thing (and I like it) and it's here to stay. If koreans don't like it, it might be changed, but not because we complain. All we can and should do is give reasonable advice (and also demand) to GF how to implement it here.
      Complaining isn't constructive feedback and it won't help anyone.

You are talking about "true colors", lol. I have seen a dude with +9 stormcry, he has paid GF more than you and I ever will. They are a business, deal with it.
      They will also adapt because it's bad for business not to. And what are those older players you are talking about, the ones runing in full +4 stormcry with perfect stats, for which they didn't have to do anything?
      Poor guys. You had time to prepare, you knew everything 3 months in advance, you got a leveling event which you could have used for alts, and you still complain.

Imho GF did a good job with the event, did a good job with transfer rates, and now I am waiting for their job at providing us with a way to get certain materials, and just more of them.
      Or you can complain for 4 years straight and still do it until the game dies eventually, like some people do, your choice.
    • Ismar wrote:

I don't think gearing 2 characters will be a problem. Gearing more would be though.
      I can't agree with the idea that progression sucks in a game like this, because if you aren't rich, you have a big road ahead of you. Even in NA, where everything is way cheaper, I needed lots of time to be able to get BiS starting from scratch. Also, if you played for years, and don't like progression, I am assuming you had +15 death/oblit, so I don't understand how you have a reason to complain at all, you started with stormcry +4 or +3, can't remember.
      I now want to gear a different class first every patch. I no longer have a solid main class to go back to because it was changed and is no longer so enjoyable. Having +15 last patch gear doesn't help me progress my new/old-with-outdated-gear character, because of gear xp. Also I haven't been active lately, because VSHM has been the worst dungeon. It takes nearly twice as long as hard modes usually do and loot isn't any better to compensate for that. It also has Darkan and Dakuryon which I've seen so many times it was stale to begin with. I did schm some 2000 times and not even exaggerating. Dakuryon a few hundred times too. I had 1 character with +15 vm9 weapon and +12 armor, 1 character with vm 8.5 +15, some others with vm8, 8.5 and 7 or 6, misery. No oblit, I never liked Harrowhold or big raids of any kind for that matter. HH took it to the next level of stupid with the hilariously animated and slow boss. And the raids I was in always had too much stupidity, drama, waiting. Before recently, I always had many characters with +15 BiS stuff.

Ismar wrote:

is "more expensive and slower".
      Imho that is not an argument or problem, since everyone has it. You can do all in +4 stormcry, and if everyone else starts with it, you aren't worse off, you just have more to do for a longer period.

I believe it's more of a mentality stuck in everyones mind that they can't play unless they have full BiS gear.
      I mean people spent thousands of gold to get +15 boots for pve, which arguably does nothing.

I don't rejoice in the fact everyone else has to endure stupid stuff. It doesn't make me feel better that others have to endure same bad thing. I only know that I need good gear, offensively especially, to maximize the fun. If I did pvp, I would also need good defense to be on par with everyone else and this system makes that much worse, more grind and maybe even bigger difference in armor as far as I can see. Last patch +15 armor was very good before. Now last patch +15 equivalent gear will be, what, +4? Looks like it will be a bigger difference than the defense bonus between +15 vm7 and vm8 armor (which was barely anything) for example. Having alts for pvp content will suck more than before if anything is unequalized.

If I have to start gearing from scratch because of outdated gear, I have to enchant all the way up from the beginner gear to full +7 frostmetal or something, without any gear xp, to get ilvl for vanguard in upcoming 5-star dungeon. Need the ilvl, because if the 5 star dungeon is the only dungeon I'm doing, I have to use the character I plan on gearing, in order to gain gear xp. Enchanting frostmetal needs lots of those "800 weaponcrafting things that look like gold talents", costs money, needs emeralds etc. Idk how expensive it is in comparison to getting +12 gear BiS gear before, but it definitely doesn't look cheap or fast.
    • Ismar wrote:

Poor guys. You had time to prepare, you knew everything 3 months in advance, you got a leveling event which you could have used for alts, and you still complain.
      What an ass.

I didn't have space for new characters, nor willingness to level up a new character for every character with outdated gear I might want to gear up. You play this game to grind boring content like leveling and low level dungeons, ok. Let others have fun and play the game instead of preparing to play for 99% of the time.
    • Glacial` wrote:

The only disappointment I have is that the current patch relies on cash shop items rather than actual in-game drops. The gem droprate difference between boxes and dungeons are insane.

I'd honestly love to know how many boxes and how fast such person opens, I spent 3mill'ish on shimmering box/keys, opened about 400, got 2 jackpot which were 15 emerald each.

As for the silver talent, I see them like spellbinds, I mean its no solution ofc, but you gets much more gold talent, sell them , buy silver, until (if) GF provides a different lootable.
    • Bargg wrote:

Ismar wrote:

What an ass.
      I didn't have space for new characters, nor willingness to level up a new character for every character with outdated gear I might want to gear up. You play this game to grind boring content like leveling and low level dungeons, ok. Let others have fun and play the game instead of preparing to play for 99% of the time.
      And just because you said let other have fun the system will magically disappear.
      I mostly do pve, so apparently everything I do is considered grinding. Nevermind the times I have seen +15 ppl do IM abnm repeatedly, guess I imagined that in the glorious patch before.
    • Ismar wrote:

Sirgoulas wrote:

You do realise we compare older system with regional changes applied vs the new one?
      I don't. I compare older system vs the new one, not the amount of materials we get. And yes, GF is slow. Right now we have the Ktera system and maybe even less materials than Ktera. But we ALL have it, and if you had gear before, you started with gear now.
      And even if we got 5x the materials drop, you would care for the exp %, because it simply is a difference, and in my opinion people who want to compete and make gear faster should pay a premium, or looking at it the other way, people who can't or don't want to do it should have it easier to catch up later. I see no reason why it's a good thing to pay the same, or even more, to make the gear a month after the patch.

Simply yelling the new system sucks isn't helping anyone. The system is a bluehole thing (and I like it) and it's here to stay. If koreans don't like it, it might be changed, but not because we complain. All we can and should do is give reasonable advice (and also demand) to GF how to implement it here.
      Complaining isn't constructive feedback and it won't help anyone.

You are talking about "true colors", lol. I have seen a dude with +9 stormcry, he has paid GF more than you and I ever will. They are a business, deal with it.
      They will also adapt because it's bad for business not to. And what are those older players you are talking about, the ones runing in full +4 stormcry with perfect stats, for which they didn't have to do anything?

Imho GF did a good job with the event, did a good job with transfer rates, and now I am waiting for their job at providing us with a way to get certain materials, and just more of them.
      Or you can complain for 4 years straight and still do it until the game dies eventually, like some people do, your choice.
      And as I said anyone in this freaking thread compares older system with regional changes applied vs the new one. No one gives a freaking damn about Ktera release system before. And as many said older system was still better cause it was versatile in playing whichever class you wanted without restriction.

Good for them if they want to make in the first day. Still would take time months with older system to make full +15 unless you had static and people pass all mats to you plus you had saved mwa from before. This is what progress is about and what an active player in a game that plays long feel like. Unlike now, where the mats you saved from before in the current patch have minor impact. Patches are about content not about gear, this is what you don't understand. If BH studios want to just release 2 new dungeons every 6 months why should it take us up 6 months just to get new gear for just 2 dungeons?

Yes it helps. Most changes happen from constructive criticism and feedback and this is what most of us said in the thread. And GF can easily make changes in 2 ways now: buffing exp acquired and buffing drop and gold rate. And eventually they will be forced to since GG is useless and was the only main reason to get Tera Club.

I don't remember if you where quoting me talking about other players but stormcry +4 is nothing much in comparison to +9 and those players actually did. They spend time in the previous patch for it... Just please, because is business doesn't mean it is the only or most profitable way. Also doesn't mean I should accept the way they operate without criticising them.
      There is another game I play that developers streams every day 6 hours with giveaways as well. Then I compare it with Tera, the game where GF let half population migrate, took years to merge servers, then suddenly opens new servers (lol...), removes all decent changes they did in previous patches and doesn't even reply officially in pvp thread improvements we made. And you defend this company? Lol. Keep waiting.
    • New

Ismar wrote:

I mostly do pve, so apparently everything I do is considered grinding. Nevermind the times I have seen +15 ppl do IM abnm repeatedly, guess I imagined that in the glorious patch before.
      I mostly only do pve too. I don't grind. I didn't do abnm.
      As I said before, I have on many occasions complained about abnm and other easy content being too rewarding - as rewarding as the hardest content or even more so, for the time spent. And I said VSHM was the worst hard mode, because it took almost twice as long as other hard modes in the past, but didn't have better loot to compensate for that. And 2 first bosses were stale and not exciting to begin with, because Darkan has been overused over the last few years. Dakuryon was around for a while too, and more recently. So many people might've been bored with vshm because it was mostly same old thing, even more than the usual.

Ismar wrote:

And just because you said let other have fun the system will magically disappear.
      No, but nothing will change if no-one complains. Atm the game is pretty much unplayable.
    • New

Sirgoulas wrote:

Seio wrote:

You mean merchant? Press H and you can see how much gold you make per dungeon run. It's 600g to 720g.

Gold/silver plate sells for a lot more than material costs. Although, it's 100k design... A big investment.
      Why do I even bother replying? 600-720g per 4 star dungeon that takes 25 mins on lfg whereas before you were getting 2k+ from ghillie alone. Dungeons also dropped around 20 tokens that you could exchange with vanguard and mwa. They also dropped boxes that every whale that couldn't clear would buy for 2k gold hard mode ones and 800g-1k 4star ones.
      a 3-star or 2-star takes like 5-7 minutes, and you get 600 g. 10 mid tier bams takes 2 minutes and gives you 180g.

Ghille previously gave you around 40g, not 2k. You got a lot of sellable materials, but that's not generating gold. There isn't much to sell this patch, other than gems, or things you craft.
    • New

Seio wrote:

Sirgoulas wrote:

Seio wrote:

Why do I even bother replying? 600-720g per 4 star dungeon that takes 25 mins on lfg whereas before you were getting 2k+ from ghillie alone. Dungeons also dropped around 20 tokens that you could exchange with vanguard and mwa. They also dropped boxes that every whale that couldn't clear would buy for 2k gold hard mode ones and 800g-1k 4star ones.
      Ghille previously gave you around 40g, not 2k. You got a lot of sellable materials, but that's not generating gold.
      He wasn't talking about generating gold though. Sirgoulas talking about general sources of income that you can use for your own liking like crafting supplies.
      <3 Please share your opinion about Player-hosted events! <3
      ^^^ Click to open the threads vvv
      <3 bit.do/NewbieGuide - Guide for new people :saint:
    • New

Glacial` wrote:

Seio wrote:

Sirgoulas wrote:

Seio wrote:

Ghille previously gave you around 40g, not 2k. You got a lot of sellable materials, but that's not generating gold.
      He wasn't talking about generating gold though. Sirgoulas talking about general sources of income that you can use for your own liking like crafting supplies.
      It's a little worrying I suppose.

Because of PP restrictions, gold/silver plates will probably always give some profits. Still, dungeons do drop golden talents, and silver talents, which are sellable. Economy stability is maybe a bit more fragile than I initially thought... I think over all this change is quite bad for f2p players.
      Crafting more or less requires TC to be able to profit from crafting, since the 5% listing fee basically removes all profits (and may set you back, current case with some gems atm).

Making GG drop actual useful stuff would set f2p players even further back, since TC gets free double entry on every character. That would make it impossible for f2p players to keep up.

Hm, may even be difficult to add silver talents to vanguard shop, since tat even further removes things to farm. Over all, this patch is a step in the wrong direction.