disappointed

    We are looking for TERA Moderators for the EN section! Are you interested? Check this: [OPEN] Want to become a Moderator in Tera (EN) - Here's your chance!

    • Ninji wrote:

      Borsuc wrote:

      I wouldn't mind that, but it doesn't necessarily have to be that way, obviously. At least MWA wasn't "devalued" on prior patches
      I always compared Tera with WoW private servers because of how fast character progression is, compared to other MMOs (as well as how glitchy and incomplete it feels). PvE is completely broken and nearly avoidable, and now some of you want to break the only thing that keep most players playing which is gear progression, by making it super-easy and fast to get BiS. Well, I strongly disagree and I think most people here does.

      The problem is that you are thrashing the new system just because it's not as fast as you expect, just 3 days after the patch. Come on... give it some time at least.
      Why should be gear progression be slow? You think by making it harder or better said "more time consuming" to get gear makes people stick to the game longer? That is a fallacy. In NA people geared their alts and still kept playing cause alts? Even if you prefer one class more than rest that doesn't mean you won't get bored and play different ones at some point. The game should be focused around actual content and not 2 new dungeons every 6 months with 2/3 re-skinned bosses and returning dungeons. Or even worse, pvp battlegrounds every 1 or 2 years. Some of you guys have some real issues if you enjoy farming imo. This patch not only forces you play one class but also screwed economy in many items prior casual to get (example dyads, etchings and so on I won't be surprised seeing new etchings sell 200k like the old times). Supposedly patches improve the game not the opposite. Tera does 1 step forward and 2 backwards...

      @TheDevik I see only one positive which is the stat selection. Everything else is either trivial or for the worse.
    • Seio wrote:

      There's rings, earrings, belt, necklace, weapon, chest, hands, if you have one improper roll on each one of them it stacks up really quickly.
      You shouldn't have improper rolls to begin with.
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

      EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars
    • New

      I am really not sure about the SES drop rate as personally I don't need them. They do drop in ghillie and I thought you can also get them with tokens??
      And btw saying it will cost them 200-400k is quite incorrect and misleading.
      You can lock your stats if you need to reroll with just a few SES and definitely not 20 or 40 or more.
      I am not sure why you keep trying find faults here.
      Patch does possibly have other issues around the gold conversion / inflation due to the change of gearing mats but stats rolling / locking is definitely not one of them.
      Before you needed 2000+ spellbinds if you were unlucky to roll one stat or +3%.
      Now its free or you need couple of SES if you mess up / need 2nd stats.
      I might see bigger issues with BG rewards or Vanguards which need to be looked at but not stats rolling.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by TheDevik ().

    • New

      Sirgoulas wrote:

      Why should be gear progression be slow?
      Because it's the only thing that keeps players alive in a game where PvE is nonexistant and PvP kind of sucks too. Why shouldn't it? Gamers nowadays are getting way too used to get everything done by pressing a button or paying money. What's rewarding on that? I feel more realized if I get good gear after spending months farming than if I got it right away. It makes no sense. That's why. Do I think that? Yes I do. I'm a living example on that. NA is a different world btw.
    • New

      Ninji wrote:

      Because it's the only thing that keeps players alive in a game where PvE is nonexistant and PvP kind of sucks too.
      Nope, it drives people away. Good for you though, I'm a living example of the exact opposite, but here's the thing. Nobody forces you to pre-stack mats or whatever, you can play at your own pace anyway even before this patch, if you like it slow, then play it slow. Oh right, you like forcing down your opinion on others it seems (i.e. what they should find fun according to you) that's why you won't understand why some people despise the new system.

      I mean less RNG is fine, but the other changes are cancerous. (mainly Gear XP and the retarded higher costs obviously)

      BTW I get reward from accomplishments in games, which is not what you think it is. Examples: winning in PvP against a team or person I couldn't win before, defeating a boss I couldn't defeat before (in non-MMO games where PvE is actually good), going through a story and uncovering its mysteries (again, games with good stories not cheapstake MMOs), etc. The action itself that leads to the accomplishments is fun and entertainment. That's the point.

      Clearly progression/grinding is not, since the whole reason stat increases even exist is to make people do content they don't like at the time, and they do it "for the rewards only". I mean, dude, some people pay money to skip it. Why would they pay money if it was fun? Because it truly isn't.
    • New

      Borsuc wrote:

      Clearly progression/grinding is not, since the whole reason stat increases even exist is to make people do content they don't like at the time, and they do it "for the rewards only". I mean, dude, some people pay money to skip it. Why would they pay money if it was fun? Because it truly isn't.
      Thats only your opinion so you can't say it is not fun.
    • New

      Shashlik wrote:

      Thats only your opinion so you can't say it is not fun.
      Nope it's a fact. If it were not a fact, you wouldn't need to have it since you can progress as fast or slow as you want anyway. The fact you want something to force you to do it slowly or not means that you'd otherwise do it fast, if given the chance. That's why you think this chance/choice needs to be taken away so that it's forcefully slowed.

      Doesn't take a rocket scientist to arrive at a logical conclusion.

      Case in point: people saying "finally no more noobs with BiS on first day". Who forces you to get BiS on first day? Do it slowly since it's so fun to you (in fact some people do that anyway so they're different). Nah you want to restrict others (or even yourself, if you'd get BiS in 1 day otherwise) cause clearly you can't control yourself or what you find fun and need the game to force it on you. Because it actually isn't.
    • New

      Ninji wrote:

      Sirgoulas wrote:

      Why should be gear progression be slow?
      Because it's the only thing that keeps players alive in a game where PvE is nonexistant and PvP kind of sucks too. Why shouldn't it? Gamers nowadays are getting way too used to get everything done by pressing a button or paying money. What's rewarding on that? I feel more realized if I get good gear after spending months farming than if I got it right away. It makes no sense. That's why. Do I think that? Yes I do. I'm a living example on that. NA is a different world btw.
      I like slow progression if it's done right, example old school runescape. You can play for years and not have the best gear or the max level. Lots of BiS items require completion of quests, challenges or minigames. Completing quests is rewarding, because they all have a story and aren't just "go kill that and come back", they unlock special rewards that make your journeys more fun - Alternative traveling methods, new spells, unique items, new areas, miscellanious benefits, new minigames. When you do pvp you lose all your items so most people don't risk their most valuable posessions. And there are safe minigames too. Everyone can fight on equal footing without gear differences. When new gear comes out, your old gear never becomes obsolete. Older gear has special effects so they are still useful even if there is new and powerful gear. For example at level 70 combat stats you can get 6 equipment sets each with their own passive special ability, ignore armor, deal huge damage the lower health you have, heal yourself when hitting etc. Most weapons above level 50 combat stat requirements also have special attacks so they can always be useful in some situations no matter what level you are. And there are different attack styles, stabbing, slashing, crushing etc. So for example a lower level slashing sword might be better than a high level hammer if the enemy is weak against slash. Armor also provides different styles of defensive and offensive bonuses.

      There are lots of non-combat skills like mining, woodcutting, fishing, cooking, fletching, crafting, smithing etc (30 total skills including combat skills), training just one of them to max level can take hundreds of hours. And then you can earn more experience points up to 15 times more than the max level, so you can continue making money or whatever you are doing and still see progression. A single character can learn all skills, can become an archer, mage, warrior, or all at once mixing them up. Mages have different types of "spell books" which all include their unique types of spells. An archer can choose between a variety of throwing weapons, blowpipe, crossbows, shortbows, longbows. A warrior can use any type of weapon he wants. Anyone can wear whatever armor they want. Heavy armor to protect against melee and ranged, leather or robes to resist magic. Or holy/unholy gear to use prayers for longer. Or you can have level 1 defence and wear nothing that protects you and just do high damage.

      In tera there's nothing to go for long term. Progress resets every patch pretty much. Also you can't do everything on a single character, since there are different classes. Playing one character only is not an option if you want to get everything out of the game. Having gear doesn't mean anything. Nobody thinks someone with good gear is a good player just because they have their gear. It's easy to get since you either don't have to do difficult content to get it (for example sun tokens for vm9/9.5, mats dropping in easy dungeons during events, easy content gives as much or more enchant materials as the hardest content for the time spent), or you can just pay real money of course.

      What tera progression is, is player ability to play the game better. There should be competitive forms of playing and rewards for doing well. The official kind, not just third party websites recording scores.
    • New

      Current Patch Reality:

      -Jewelery have 4 tiers and the last tier needs an extreme ammount of gold and RnG to make.
      -You easily sink gold and hardly earn gold, like said before the rich get less rich, the poor will be broke i guess.
      -Ghillie drop is shit and people have no idea how to make gold
      -There are players with +7 high top tier already and this patch just started(who was the person that said this patch had slow progression for everyone? cause i don't see that, and i think its visible to everyone), this is how p2w this patch is(translation: p2progress for the brainwashed)
      -Gear XP is the new poison, u have to grind ur ass off to get decent enchanting percentage and the increase is tiny to any sane person.
      -Easily fail 5 times+ with 40% chance with high costs per attempt
      -PvP rewards are not providing the demand needed for gear progress through PvP
      -Item level restrictions for rewards are a cockblock

      It is probably worse than i advertise, but it depends on people situations and RNG, anyway the only people i see supporting this system are the ones already infected by it. I can't say this is better than last gear system. Now more than ever Blue Hole has the ability to force you into whatever content they want with even less diversity and more autism.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Rafera ().

    • New

      Rafera wrote:

      Current Patch Reality:

      -Jewelery have 4 tiers and the last tier needs an extreme ammount of gold and RnG to make.
      -You easily sink gold and hardly earn gold, like said before the rich get less rich, the poor will be broke i guess.
      -Ghillie drop is shit and people have no idea how to make gold
      -There are players with +7 high tier already and this patch just started(who was the person that said this patch had slow progression for everyone? cause i don't see that, and i think its visible to everyone), this is how p2w this patch is(translation: p2progress for the brainwashed)
      -Gear XP is the new poison, u have to grind ur ass off to get decent enchanting percentage and the increase is tiny to any sane person.
      -Easily fail 5 times+ with 40% chance with high costs per attempt
      -PvP rewards are not providing the demand needed for gear progress through PvP
      -Item level restrictions for rewards are a cockblock

      It is probably worse than i advertise, but it depends on people situations and RNG, anyway the only people i see supporting this system are the ones already infected by it. I can't say this is better than last gear system. Now more than ever Blue Hole has the ability to force you into whatever content they want with even less diversity and more autism.
      -True, then again, in this case, the "stats" argument matter. I was never lucky enough to end up with 4/4 rings, last patch I spent about 500 SES on one ring, and it still wasnt perfect. Now you pay a somewhat "fixed" price to get your top-tier jewelery. This can be compared with how the +15 system was changed aswell. Old system +14 was easy & +15 hard > new system +14 became harder & +15 easier (on average). Same goes for the jewelery system now.Old system > BiS jewel easy but stats were hard which changed to BiS jewel is hard but stats are easy.
      -Can't comment on that, already master in craftings + pre-farmed mats.
      -Refer to Seio's post above.
      -Now on to gear XP, this is mostly the part I wanted to talk about and this is strictly from a PVE'r PoV, i'm not gonna take top-tier into the argument, as I see top-tier as something hardcore player can do instead of AFK'ing in HW, still I think +4to5 only require 9k XP (which isn't that much tbh). Anyway 4stars dungeon rewards you with 400XP with is a decent amount, some people had full XP on their +4top tier on day 1, one could say they "grinded their ass off", but then again, if you play for PVE, what else is there to do than 4stars instances? Unless you are in 56565raids thats what you should "want" to do I guess.High-tier gear XP is very easily obtainable. Asfor failing 5 times with 40%, it could happen yeah, that said I'drather spend 30-40k per try with 25% chance + correction to enchant my high-tier than spending 15k on each try of 12 to 15 with a 3% chance and no correction. I had like 30k VMWA before the patch hit, I manage to+15 four items that were already +14.
      I have no idea how the situation is for PvP'r (havent really touched the PvP side of Tera since VM1/bloodrave where 3v3 was somewhat active & sort of fun/decent'ish), then again I've been reading the same "PvP is trash","PvP is dead" since 3years, so I don't really understand what PvP player are doing. See Borsuc for example, 3v3 (which I consider actual PvP unlike Gidi, CU, CS and whatnot) balance is trash,
      therefor he stopped/barely plays. If I were mainly a PvP player I'd have stopped aswell. Tera is way to unbalanced to have any decent PvP, where's its e-sport at?
      -ilvl has always been retarded, nothing one can do about it I guess, M A Y B E , GF could change some requirement like they did with IoD at some point I think, but yeah its a long shot.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by jinh ().

    • New

      I dont really see the issue about the itemlvl for 4 star dungeons tbh.
      It was annoying last patch because u could farm more MWA in 4 star dungeons than in 3 stars, so being able to queue up for them had some advantages.
      But now, 4 star dungeons drop high tier enchanting materials, not mid tier. If you dont have the itemlvl to get into 4 star dungeons then go to 3 star and farm materials for ur current set.
      With an lower itemlvl requirement for 4 star content you would just stack up materials u dont need (for the moment).
      If you still want to run 4 star for the fun, go via LFG and accept that you cant get the VG rewards. As easy as it is.
    • New

      Rafera wrote:

      Current Patch Reality:

      -Jewelery have 4 tiers and the last tier needs an extreme ammount of gold and RnG to make.
      -You easily sink gold and hardly earn gold, like said before the rich get less rich, the poor will be broke i guess.
      -Ghillie drop is shit and people have no idea how to make gold
      -There are players with +7 high tier already and this patch just started(who was the person that said this patch had slow progression for everyone? cause i don't see that, and i think its visible to everyone), this is how p2w this patch is(translation: p2progress for the brainwashed)
      -Gear XP is the new poison, u have to grind ur ass off to get decent enchanting percentage and the increase is tiny to any sane person.
      -Easily fail 5 times+ with 40% chance with high costs per attempt
      -PvP rewards are not providing the demand needed for gear progress through PvP
      -Item level restrictions for rewards are a cockblock

      It is probably worse than i advertise, but it depends on people situations and RNG, anyway the only people i see supporting this system are the ones already infected by it. I can't say this is better than last gear system. Now more than ever Blue Hole has the ability to force you into whatever content they want with even less diversity and more autism.
      I am not sure why I bother but.. maybe for new ppl trying this game...
      You are extremely negative about this patch but you also contradict yourself.
      There are lots of ppl who like the current patch, just because you don't it doesn't mean that means everyone.
      There is nobody "infected" by the system. These people obviously don't mind playing the game, grinding as you call it.

      Patch has its cons and pros for sure. So couple of comments:

      * jewellry - yes no doubt expensive but with the linear progression the difference from high to top set is minimal and no reason to spend fortune on it, high set is easily accessible
      *gold sink from old to new system is obvious but stop comparing, old gold lost about 80% of its value. If you didn't have any you don't care and if you did you also had lots of time to use it wisely prior to patch.
      *ghillie drops are fine for "free dungeon" - plenty mats and ez gold, 2.5k avg per run
      *there are players with +7 already...and? On one hand you say system is expensive and shit and other hand you have ppl who outsmarted it or just p2w to it. Same as last system.
      *gear xp is the new thing and there is no issue with it - ppl who play it benefit from it due to higher chance and ppl who don't play enough still can do it. Last system it made no difference and was worse. Now ppl who play the game at least see the benefits of playing
      *you fail or succeed same as last system and at least you see the % chance and fails improve the enchant chance. Last system you did 100 tries to get +15 and were stuck still at +12/13 and your % to succeed hasn't changed. Yes cost per try is higher but you need far less tries. People did 80 tries at +14 and nothing (like myself).
      *pvp rewards are shit - 100% agree with this. BHS ignored pvp element for a long time and EU publisher fails at recognising that again and again. This is a huge issue but has nothing to do with the patch more with the way the game is pve orientated due to BHS / GF failing pvp community
      * item lvls are fail, they shouldn't be in game in first place. If you are capable of clearing the dungeon you should be entitled to full rewards. I do uderstand to a degree why ilvl is in the game (for IM) but if you make your own party and enter the dungeon that way you should also get full rewards.
    • New

      TheDevik wrote:

      *ghillie drops are fine for "free dungeon" - plenty mats and ez gold, 2.5k avg per run
      No it isn't a free dungeon, using quote marks doesnt make it so. Tera Club isn't free, period, neither are credits.
      As for the 2.5k/run, care to elobarate how? Surely we're talking only in value here, and even then, I dont think the mats (that you cant trade anyway) are valued that high (considering its usually the trash one), theres no way you average 2.5k of actual stuff you can sell/trade for gold.
      The only way to do so would be to get lucky and find a few diamond/CA, and even then, using my own experience :
      About 90ish GG
      - x3 diamond (in one run) 30k merchant value, about 45-60k trade broker
      - x2 emerald (in two runs) 2k merchant value, about 3k trade broker
      - x10ish sapphire (multiples runs obviously), 2k merchant value, about 2.5k trade broker
      - rest was rubies, about 200 I guess, 20k merchant, 21k trade broker
      - about 10 of each strong & bravery, lets say about 15k (and im being nice)
      - x2 CA , about 5k
      - let say 100 talent of each, 10k. (And again, im being very nice, many run you just get one and not both).
      total > 117k > average 1.3k gold

      If I factor in the VSES, I got about 30ish VSES, x4 VSES = 1.5k, so another 11.3k

      total with VSES > 129k > 1.4k gold

      Remove the only run I got diamond and my average drops to 550-650gold/GG. I'm very curious as to how you end up with 2.5k/run.

      GG is clearly not as good as it was, but it is still worth to do it if you have TC but without TC I'd just buy and sell Niveot tbh