disappointed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

We are looking for TERA Moderators for the EN section! Are you interested? Check this: [OPEN] Want to become a Moderator in Tera (EN) - Here's your chance!

• Like i post in the German section of the board. They should just make the mats grouploot. Often you didnt get anything in a run and then you get nearly all stacks of enchanting mats from a boss. Adding an emerald as Grouploot to all Dungeons and a 25% chance of a Grouploot diamond..
      In Ktera in SCNM, for example, are dropping 1-3 diamonds at Darkan and several emeralds.

Today in GG I got a stack of 2 Diamonds. Seems like its again solo endgame content.

But hey, Gameforge added boxes to their shop where you can get emeralds and diamonds..
    • Phinixia wrote:

Like i post in the German section of the board. They should just make the mats grouploot. Often you didnt get anything in a run and then you get nearly all stacks of enchanting mats from a boss. Adding an emerald as Grouploot to all Dungeons and a 25% chance of a Grouploot diamond..
      In Ktera in SCNM, for example, are dropping 1-3 diamonds at Darkan and several emeralds.

Today in GG I got a stack of 2 Diamonds. Seems like its again solo endgame content.

But hey, Gameforge added boxes to their shop where you can get emeralds and diamonds..
      Well guess you're lucky then, cause I've yet to get any emeralds, let alone diamonds in GG.
    • Ismar wrote:

@Bargg Not like you also didnt know in advance about this, not lke even GF didnt offer an event for this. I releveled the class of my main just so I can start with +0 high, and it took me a total of 12 hours playtime (and I got lots of other stuff for it as a bonus, rejuv potions for example)
      Leveling is boring content, also my character slots are all in use anyway.

Ismar wrote:

The only thing you can't do is IM with low lvl gear, but what are lfg and guilds for then ? Make a prty on your own, and go do the hardest dungeons with mid level gear, nobody is stoping you. You dont get gear xp, but for mid level gear its not even important. I have all +0 high gear, and can do all dungeons that are available now.
      I didn't talk about IM and don't care about it. What ilvl affects is vanguard quest. I don't know how important gear xp is for low-medium gear yet. Let's say I take your word for it and it doesn't matter for low-medium gear.

Ismar wrote:

Considering gearing alts, thank god you can't just buy gear for alts and then be bad on them. Basically, you still can, its just expensive.
      You can still also just buy full +9 gear, if someone actually sells it.
      Not everyone sucks on their alts. I played all my classes extensively at some point, been here over 4 years. Gear never meant much in tera when it comes to player performance (as in, bad players always were bad even if they had good gear. Of course it makes a difference, a good player with good gear is better than a good player with bad gear). That's why it's good we have moongourd. Also alts can be same class as the main class. To have more entries.

Buying ready gear... if someone sells it. Might take a long time to find, if at all possible if it's unpopular class.
      Also it has the sellers name on it which is not desirable usually ("crafted by" -text has been removed with this patch apparently).

Ismar wrote:

And for the record, if you just started in the last patch, you had to do low lvl dungeons as well to get mid gear, to get your ilvl for harder dungeons, so it's the same.
      Now you dont even need to do it, you also get perfect stats day 1, and you can't be screwed by bad rng and be gimped for weeks or months cause of stats.
      I did not have to do low level dungeons to get mid gear for my characters, because I could just do hard mode(s) on other characters and get materials while doing enjoyable content. I was not a fresh starter.

Now with this patch, my characters that don't have up to date gear have to start from scratch and they all have their own separate gear xp so I have to use that specific character if I want to gear it. Before I could for example use a lancer and warrior to do hard mode and accumulate materials and then craft berserker gear and max it out. I could get the best gear possible (weapon +15 and rest +12, idc what the armor rating is) before playing the class that patch. I did also use characters that couldn't claim vanguards due to low ilvl, but that's not desirable for obvious reasons.

When it comes to this patch, let's imagine it's as you say and low-mid tier doesn't require gear xp, is easy enough without it and can just farm hard mode on better geared characters until you get top tier gear. Once you have top tier, you will then have to start using that character to get gear xp in order to max it out. You can't use for example a lancer+warrior and enchant berserker gear. You'll have to use the berserker, and reset instances rather than use more classes. Other classes are fun to play too. I rather play 3 classes over 6 runs than 1 class over 6 runs. Before, I could for example have a warrior and lancer with last patch BiS gear, and get the most recent BiS for a different class first. Now I have to play that different class more before it's ready for action. Using more than one character makes gearing slower. It all should just accumulate in form of crafting and enchanting materials and you decide what you gear first. Not be forced to play a specific character to get gear xp.

The rng reduction this patch is great. I rarely had perfect jewelry because it always ended up costing more than it's worth. Worth more to buy consumables for every run for a year than to buy hundreds of semi-enigmatics.

How I think it would've been better than this patch, is require solid amounts of materials rather than rng for enchanting and rerolling. Not some stupid gear xp to remove the rng. Just use whatever character you want to get materials and use them however you want.

Ismar wrote:

But didnt also other vm gear require some untradeable mats from low and mid level instances, that most ppl just got from some boxes ? I can't remember, didnt play in a while...At least in this patch ABNM is not the most profitable dungeon to do....
      Well not the easiest dungeons were required. Not beginner dungeons and normal modes. Easier hard modes yes. LKHM, KDHM, AIHM etc. VSHM dropped all mats for vm9 though.

And yea I've rambled about how stupid it was how ABHM was as rewarding as or more rewarding than hardest content. Also in the past about how IoD and vanguard solo quests like "That ain't right", and before that the kumas quest were the best way to spend time to get mwa and feedstock. The hardest dungeon should drop good stuff so it's worth for everyone to run the hardest content instead of doing easy and boring farming.
    • Phinixia wrote:

Like i post in the German section of the board. They should just make the mats grouploot. Often you didnt get anything in a run and then you get nearly all stacks of enchanting mats from a boss. Adding an emerald as Grouploot to all Dungeons and a 25% chance of a Grouploot diamond..

This is actually the biggest problem. I did 2x SC, LKH and RK-9 in the last two day and only got one emerald. And it's not like I'm not winning the rolls they not even drop. On last RK-9 I checked loot history and only one emerald. On one of my SC run ended up with just the crafting mat bag and one gold talent. This auto roll everything system not too fair.
    • Shippou5 wrote:

I am genuinely confused as to what is happening here.

If you are super hardcore and want the best fo the best then you probably did that last patch and got yourself a nice +15 DW or Oblit in which case you start with top 2 or 4, both which are capable of easily downing 4 star and 5 star dungeons as well as HH. Even if you had worse gear you could probably get high gear 0 quickly which lets you get into 4 star dungeons immediately, I do not see the issue here.
      +0 high-tier doesn't let you run 4 star content, that's the problem. You need to upgrade your accessories to high-tier, and from guardian to high tier it's something like 300 silver talents. To get those silver talents you need 200 runs of 2/3-star content. Afai, 2/-3star content is the ONLY way to obtain silver talents, so if you ever want to gear an alt you need to do those 200 runs again.

You have to completely ignore EE here, because that isn't available for new players.
    • Seio wrote:

+0 high-tier doesn't let you run 4 star content, that's the problem. You need to upgrade your accessories to high-tier
      Noyn posted this for you, from his own alt.Hightier+0 + mid accesories

Pretty sure you created a thread on reddit about literally the same subject, you also posted a screenshot of your gear, which literally shows that you can get to 439 by simply upgrading your BLUE underwear to a basic gold one.

edit: this is what the person on reddit posted (idk if its you, but mostlikely it is, same wording (guile+12=hightier+0) + same exact time, so yeah)

So from your own screenshot we can see that you can get to 439 with the gold undie you got from the leveling event as a temp solution until you get/buy a permanent one.

Funnily enough, everyone on reddit tells you the same thing as we do here, guile+12 does not equal hightier +0, yet we're the "idiots","mentally challenged","goats" lul.

The post was edited 3 times, last by jinh ().

• jinh wrote:

Seio wrote:

+0 high-tier doesn't let you run 4 star content, that's the problem. You need to upgrade your accessories to high-tier
      Noyn posted this for you, from his own alt.Hightier+0 + mid accesories

Pretty sure you created a thread on reddit about literally the same subject, you also posted a screenshot of your gear, which literally shows that you can get to 439 by simply upgrading your BLUE underwear to a basic gold one.

edit: this is what the person on reddit (idk if its you, but it REALLY looks like it considering you both use the same wording (guile+12=hightier+0) + same exact time, so yeah)

So from your own screenshot we can see that you can get to 439 with the gold undie you got from the leveling event as a temp solution until you get/buy a permanent one.
      In what arbitrary way is this a solution? Everyone should put on worse gear to be able to run these instances?
      I rather keep my crit innearwear over glowing innerwear.

Did gameforge not even look at their own patch? Why did they release this patch when they clearly weren't ready for it? The whole VG store is empty, nothing to spend your VGC on, except instance resets (not like you're gonna need them anyway, since you can't run any content this patch).
    • Seio wrote:

In what arbitrary way is this a solution? Everyone should put on worse gear to be able to run these instances?I rather keep my crit innearwear over glowing innerwear.

Did gameforge not even look at their own patch? Why did they release this patch when they clearly weren't ready for it? The whole VG store is empty, nothing to spend your VGC on, except instance resets (not like you're gonna need them anyway, since you can't run any content this patch).
      Well it is a TEMPORARY solution, doing so, you can actually use instance matching. Alternatively you could buy a gold crit underwear, which would give you better ilvl, better stats, and a permanent solution for this patch.Beside, as someone on your reddit thread already told you, blue undie are like 4 tier behind. Crit gold undie cost 35k on Killian,any new player should easily be able to gather such amount, so an old player should have zero problem

The VG shop could contain the EE box NA has, yes.
      As for the reset scrolls, they're usefull, as you CAN actually run any content you want, just not with IMS.
      Otherwise you can spend your credits on Niveot and sell them.
    • jinh wrote:

Seio wrote:

In what arbitrary way is this a solution? Everyone should put on worse gear to be able to run these instances?I rather keep my crit innearwear over glowing innerwear.

Well it is a TEMPORARY solution, doing so, you can actually use instance matching. Alternatively you could buy a gold crit underwear, which would give you better ilvl, better stats, and a permanent solution for this patch.Beside, as someone on your reddit thread already told you, blue undie are like 4 tier behind. Crit gold undie cost 35k on Killian,any new player should easily be able to gather such amount, so an old player should have zero problem
      The VG shop could contain the EE box NA has, yes.
      As for the reset scrolls, they're usefull, as you CAN actually run any content you want, just not with IMS.
      Otherwise you can spend your credits on Niveot and sell them.
      It is pointless to run content if you don't get vanguard rewards.

I'm not going to cheat my way into 4-star dungeons by using EE or getting gold undies, or using the ~200-400 silver talents I'll get from doing guardian quest on my 8 characters (free accounts only have 2) I'm playing this without cheating.

It's painfully obvious that it's not possible to play this game without p2w or being a veteran, because of that I have no motivation to continue to play this game. It was obvious to gameforge too, but I believe they just want non-profitable people to quit the game, and keep dropping in new players to sell their mats to p2w players before they quit. The VG shop is empty for the same reason, to hinder new people from progressing by not making silver talents available in a large enough quantity for them (rather they want them to sell their silver talents to p2w players, since they never will be able to get enough silver talents to upgrade their own gear anyway). That's not a game I want to play, gameforge is back to their p2w ways.
    • Seio wrote:

Shippou5 wrote:

I am genuinely confused as to what is happening here.

If you are super hardcore and want the best fo the best then you probably did that last patch and got yourself a nice +15 DW or Oblit in which case you start with top 2 or 4, both which are capable of easily downing 4 star and 5 star dungeons as well as HH. Even if you had worse gear you could probably get high gear 0 quickly which lets you get into 4 star dungeons immediately, I do not see the issue here.
      +0 high-tier doesn't let you run 4 star content, that's the problem. You need to upgrade your accessories to high-tier, and from guardian to high tier it's something like 300 silver talents. To get those silver talents you need 200 runs of 2/3-star content. Afai, 2/-3star content is the ONLY way to obtain silver talents, so if you ever want to gear an alt you need to do those 200 runs again.
      You have to completely ignore EE here, because that isn't available for new players.
      Can't you buy those 300 silver talents?
    • Just do guide quest and u get up to 200 Silver and Gold talents afte the questline. If u do it on more character you dont have any problem for high tier.

If u want 446 ilvl for upcoming RK9HM u need full top tier + 0 and full high tier acessories + Gold inner + Quatrefoil brooch
    • Kraxler wrote:

Just do guide quest and u get up to 200 Silver and Gold talents afte the questline. If u do it on more character you dont have any problem for high tier.
      That's what you'd say to a sane person, but :

Seio wrote:

I'm not going to cheat my way into 4-star dungeons by using EE or getting gold undies, or using the ~200-400 silver talents I'll get from doing guardian quest on my 8 characters (free accounts only have 2) I'm playing this without cheating.

The problem lies here, he refuses to upgrade his 4years old part, because that'd be "cheating".

edit : EE = Entropic Emblem

The post was edited 1 time, last by jinh ().

• Seio wrote:

running 4-star dungeons through IMS (vanguard request ilvl limit)
      I understand there is a bit of over reaction over this but the ilvl limits for Vanguard rewards have been a pain many times and this patch is another. There was a similar issue with IoD bams and other content. There is nothing more stupid than play a game that is supposed not to be gear based but skill based and players end up not being rewarded due to not have the gear level requirement to something they already can or are clearing. With that i have to agree with Seio. Its retarded.
    • Kraxler wrote:

Just do guide quest and u get up to 200 Silver and Gold talents afte the questline. If u do it on more character you dont have any problem for high tier.

If u want 446 ilvl for upcoming RK9HM u need full top tier + 0 and full high tier acessories + Gold inner + Quatrefoil brooch
      You get 50 silver talents for the 65 quest line.

jinh wrote:

The problem lies here, he refuses to upgrade his 4years old part, because that'd be "cheating".

The patch hit 2 days ago, not 4 years ago. You're shitposting, and attempting to troll. How are you not warned yet?
    • Seio wrote:

jinh wrote:

The patch hit 2 days ago, not 4 years ago. You're shitposting, and attempting to troll. How are you not warned yet?
      What, the, f*ck ?
      I'm obviously talking about your BLUE underwear & brooch which you had before the patch. How am I not warned? I'm asking the same question about you and your insults in half your posts.

You're the one shitposting and refusing to understand how the gear actually works, this topic and the 50+ comments on your reddit thread proves it.
    • jinh wrote:

Seio wrote:

jinh wrote:

The problem lies here, he refuses to upgrade his 4years old part, because that'd be "cheating".edit : EE = Entropic Emblem
      What, the, f*ck ?I'm obviously talking about your BLUE underwear & brooch which you had before the patch. How am I not warned? I'm asking the same question about you and your insults in half your posts.

You're the one shitposting and refusing to understand how the gear actually works, this topic and the 50+ comments on your reddit thread proves it.
      In any way you look at it, Blue inners are mid tier, yellow high tier, and the ridicolously expensive yellow top tier. Besides, since they don't give you any way to upgrade your Inners, they cant count the ilvl from inners or balance dungeons with them in mind, other than the green 4 crit ones.

Quick carve brooch is mid-tier.

Where is your argument? You haven't provided a single one, all you do is shit post.
    • Seio wrote:

In any way you look at it, Blue inners are mid tier, yellow high tier, and the ridicolously expensive yellow top tier. Besides, since they don't give you any way to upgrade your Inners, they cant count the ilvl from inners or balance dungeons with them in mind, other than the green 4 crit ones.
      Quick carve brooch is mid-tier.

Where is your argument? You haven't provided a single one, all you do is shit post.
      What should I give argument about ?
      I already stated everything there was to say, also gave you solutions, so did other here and also the bunch of people you're arguing with on reddit about the same exact subject, where you tell them they're stupid and wrong.

Also there are 3 yellow tier, so how do you call the highest one then? toptop tier?

Beside I already stated the ilvl system is retarded,the game shouldnt reward based on your gear, its a fact, no one disagree here. Atm you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Just like most people here, I'm out, gl with your 4-stars journey