disappointed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

We are looking for TERA Moderators for the EN section! Are you interested? Check this: [OPEN] Want to become a Moderator in Tera (EN) - Here's your chance!

• jinh wrote:

Shiro pls be nice.
      Anyway, on topic, and coming from the famous Loriri himself (you know, the one who made the famous charts you cannot understand (hopefully you dont call him an idiot that continue to argue even tho he's shown "ASBOLUTE" proof that guile+12=hightier +0 lul)) :

His name is true to his intelligence.
      Then why can't I queue to 4-star dungeons in Guardian+0? If Guile truly was low+ I would be able to queue to 4-star dungeons.

jinh wrote:

What absolute proof ?
      The fact that you can't queue for 4-star dungeons in high+0, with mid tier accessories. That is absolute proof that Guile+12 = High-tier+0, or actually, high-tier+0 is LESS than guile+12.

How are you going to explain away that? Did you usually get VM gear from KC and KDNM? No? Then how are you explaining we're supposedly getting VM gear from KC and KDNM. 2-3 star dungeons?
    • jinh wrote:

Shiro pls be nice.
      Anyway, on topic, and coming from the famous Loriri himself (you know, the one who made the famous charts you cannot understand (hopefully you dont call him an idiot that continue to argue even tho he's shown "ASBOLUTE" proof that guile+12=hightier +0 lul)) :

since WHEN did I say that idiot was "absolute proof"? I don't even know how you manage to open doors by yourself, when you're this incompetent. PLEASE READ THE POSTS YOU REPLY TO, TRY TO STAY ON SUBJECT AND STAY COHERENT. It's like I'm talking with some goats.

How can somebody be so incompetent, and plain stupid, like seriously stupid, mentally challenged, to think that Misery could possibly be mid+0, WHEN IT CONVERTS TO MID+0. If you would go on that misery would be the equivalent to high-tier+0, because that's one step above what it converts to once it's been stepped over by new tiers of gear.

Can you guys just TRY to think a little bit, just a little.

Warned | Shiro
    • Oh boy. :'D

Seio wrote:

If Guile truly was low+ I would be able to queue to 4-star dungeons.
      No? If it wasn't for the flawed focused circlet that gave a significant ilvl boost, you wouldn't be able to que to 4 star dungeons in the previous patch either. And your assumptions on High+0 gear and its ilvl is ALL based on that flaw.

I do understand your point about "with misery you were able to que to 4 star dungeons and now not even high+0 is enough" (although you only need 2 extra ilvls)- but that's something we can't answer. Bluehole made it like that, so you have to work on your gear a little more. Stop comparing the past with something they changed (most likely intentionally). It won't make your guile from old patch any better like you want it to be in the current patch.
      <3 bit.do/NewbieGuide - Guide for new people

Unsolved issues - If any important issue is forgotten, pop it there! :stick:
    • Seio wrote:

His name is true to his intelligence.Then why can't I queue to 4-star dungeons in Guardian+0? If Guile truly was low+ I would be able to queue to 4-star dungeons.

The fact that you can't queue for 4-star dungeons in high+0, with mid tier accessories. That is absolute proof that Guile+12 = High-tier+0, or actually, high-tier+0 is LESS than guile+12.
      How are you going to explain away that? Did you usually get VM gear from KC and KDNM? No? Then how are you explaining we're supposedly getting VM gear from KC and KDNM. 2-3 star dungeons?
      You do realise that we compare gear based on PERFORMANCE (which is literally what the chart you mention says), and not ILEVEL, right?

Why can't you queue 4star dungeon with guardian? because the ilvl doesnt allow it, that simple.
      Oh it did allow it with +12 guile? Well though luck, that was last patch.

You're rambling about something totaly different than what everyone here is talking about, when someone says "x gear = y gear", they're talking about gear PERFORMANCE and not what you could & can queue with X ilvl.

Nice to see you can stay polite btw, getting called "mentally challenged" from someone who types "guile +12 = high tier +0" and still refuse to admit he's wrong while a bunch of people including some of the biggest theorycrafters of tera tell him he's wrong, is quite amusing.

edit : oh boi you're having the same exact argument on reddit arent you? LOL oh man this is gold.
      reddit.com/r/TeraOnline/commen…h_is_not_what_i_expected/

The post was edited 2 times, last by jinh ().

• New system is pathetic. Before I could run only the hard modes and ghiliie/abscess to get my mats. Now I have to run again after 4 years of playing these pathetic low lv dungeons to get exp for items.
      Also before characters in same account could help each other but now NO. If I want to gear my priest i have to run dungeons another million times with priest so I get exp as well. Oh how nice...

Also what is with these pathetic credits. Abscess nm gave more vanguard than any dungeon now hence why dyads tripled in price. But ofc if you have tera club you get free entries gg if not 400 vanguard now takes forever to collect. The only good thing is you can get exp through battlegrounds but guess what, Gridiron which actually ends fast doesn't give exp.

Edit: Also I am pretty sure from +8-+9 will require a shitload of exp
    • This patch is bad, it forces me to play the game, so I can't tell now how there is nothing to do. Also its the first day already and I still dont have full top +9, even thought I complained and still played 8 hours a day for half a year prior to this, it's not fair.

On a serious note, if you can't see how good this new system is, you play the game for the wrong reasons.
    • Ismar wrote:

This patch is bad, it forces me to play the game, so I can't tell now how there is nothing to do. Also its the first day already and I still dont have full top +9, even thought I complained and still played 8 hours a day for half a year prior to this, it's not fair.

On a serious note, if you can't see how good this new system is, you play the game for the wrong reasons.
      On a serious note define the amount of time that someone would need to +9 2 characters.

I "play" the game. Your definition of playing is probably "farming". Guess who plays the game for wrong reasons.
    • How to force other people to play at his own pace in PvP?

jinh wrote:

You do realise that we compare gear based on PERFORMANCE (which is literally what the chart you mention says), and not ILEVEL, right?
      Define "performance". I hope you aren't seriously comparing "new gear" with "old gear" in terms of tier; it should be at least 1 tier above, like in every patch. I hope. Right? Otherwise it'd be too funny.

jinh wrote:

Why can't you queue 4star dungeon with guardian? because the ilvl doesnt allow it, that simple.
      Oh it did allow it with +12 guile? Well though luck, that was last patch.
      lmao dude, you just proved his point then that the "new system" is shit...? Where's @Kraxler white-knighting it.
    • Basically:
      Farm Mid Tier Dungeons for mats to finish gearing up to high tier gear.
      After getting high tier gear u can go and farm high tier gear in 4 star dungeons.

This it totally out of mind imo. this is NOT HOW THIS SYSTEM SHOULD WORK. /irony
    • Ismar wrote:

This patch is bad, it forces me to play the game, so I can't tell now how there is nothing to do. Also its the first day already and I still dont have full top +9, even thought I complained and still played 8 hours a day for half a year prior to this, it's not fair.

If by playing you mean having to do every dungeon... Yea right. Doing low lvl dungeons to progress through different gear grades is so much fun. Makes you so good player if you do easy content that teaches you nothing new. If doing only the hardest dungeon(s) is not "playing the game", I wonder what doing all the easy sht is called? "Scrubbing"? That is not "playing", it is preparing for actual playing. You play the game for the wrong reasons. You aren't even playing yet.

And obviously I don't know how it works, I didn't play yet. Idk, can you do only the hardest dungeon now, dismantle the stuff at a fair rate, and use entropic emblems to buy the untradeable materials required for alts gear? Not sure if you can progress to top tier without having to grind for gear xp, whether the price is reasonable without having it or not. If ilvl requirement for vanguard in the top dungeons is high (because vanguard quests are what give gear xp), then gearing always requires running easier dungeons to keep the price of enchanting and upgrading affordable.
    • There are EQ PvP options to choose from if you are still so desperately trying to play PvP in Tera.

Free perfect rolls already makes the new system better in my eyes.

Linear progression already makes more sense. In the old system, when you craft new gear you have to +15 and perfect roll in order for it to be useful.

We got the near vanilla Ktera build. So while it is 2 times faster for the Korean, it might be not the case for us. Maybe we will get more regional changes in the future.

It can only described as idiotic when you immediately cry after 1 day, especially when you haven't played or don't play the game at all.
    • Kapt wrote:

Linear progression already makes more sense. In the old system, when you craft new gear you have to +15 and perfect roll in order for it to be useful.
      It's not exactly linear if your overall progress is removed every patch and you can't "instantly" have the best gear again if you have played every day last patch and stacked tons of enchanting supplies. With the old system you could do that, only needed to get materials which usually only took a few days.

I now have characters I'd like to use again with outdated vm gear that can't be upgraded. Would have to pick up the beginner gear and progress through every tier. That looks like an incredibly tedious task. It was way better when you could use any character and stacked materials to gear any characters you wanted to.

Kapt wrote:

It can only described as idiotic when you immediately cry after 1 day, especially when you haven't played or don't play the game at all.

I'm not crying, I said "if". Speculated if the system works in certain ways, in which case it would suck.

Bargg wrote:

And obviously I don't know how it works, I didn't play yet. Idk, can you do only the hardest dungeon now, dismantle the stuff at a fair rate, and use entropic emblems to buy the untradeable materials required for alts gear? Not sure if you can progress to top tier without having to grind for gear xp, whether the price is reasonable without having it or not. If ilvl requirement for vanguard in the top dungeons is high (because vanguard quests are what give gear xp), then gearing always requires running easier dungeons to keep the price of enchanting and upgrading affordable.

I don't even care if the new system is faster overall, if it requires running boring content, it sucks.
    • Sirgoulas wrote:

Ismar wrote:

On a serious note define the amount of time that someone would need to +9 2 characters.
      I "play" the game. Your definition of playing is probably "farming". Guess who plays the game for wrong reasons.
      If you have all the materials, 0 minutes. You just need 10+ mil gold and a bit of luck.

The right amount of time would probably be "until a month before the next patch"

+9 is nowhere needed, and its a premium, having it on two characters is a bit much, so you gotta play a lot. If you are not rich and want to make use of the xp gain, I would say 80% patch time is reasonable. One or two months is like 30%, and the rest 70% of the patch time you just complain there is nothing to do.

Playing the game, as far as pve goes, means doing the hardest instances. You need good gear for that, not the best gear, all at +9.
      You are all way to spoiled with +15 in first week that you forgot what gear progression is.
      If you think doing a dungeon is = farming, then why do you even play ? You farm gear so you can farm gear faster so you can farm next gear ?

@Bargg As I udnerstood it, you can just do Hm dungeosn and dismantle to get lower tier materials. Not like you also didnt know in advance about this, not lke even GF didnt offer an event for this. I releveled the class of my main just so I can start with +0 high, and it took me a total of 12 hours playtime (and I got lots of other stuff for it as a bonus, rejuv potions for example)

The only thing you can't do is IM with low lvl gear, but what are lfg and guilds for then ? Make a prty on your own, and go do the hardest dungeons with mid level gear, nobody is stoping you. You dont get gear xp, but for mid level gear its not even important. I have all +0 high gear, and can do all dungeons that are available now.

Considering gearing alts, thank god you can't just buy gear for alts and then be bad on them. Basically, you still can, its just expensive.
      You can still also just buy full +9 gear, if someone actually sells it.

And for the record, if you just started in the last patch, you had to do low lvl dungeons as well to get mid gear, to get your ilvl for harder dungeons, so it's the same.
      Now you dont even need to do it, you also get perfect stats day 1, and you can't be screwed by bad rng and be gimped for weeks or months cause of stats.

But didnt also other vm gear require some untradeable mats from low and mid level instances, that most ppl just got from some boxes ? I can't remember, didnt play in a while...At least in this patch ABNM is not the most profitable dungeon to do....
    • Borsuc wrote:

Define "performance". I hope you aren't seriously comparing "new gear" with "old gear" in terms of tier; it should be at least 1 tier above, like in every patch. I hope. Right? Otherwise it'd be too funny.
      lmao dude, you just proved his point then that the "new system" is shit...? Where's @Kraxler white-knighting it.
      The charts he posted and also misinterpreted says performance on it, thus is why I used said word. I'm obviously not comparing the performance of both gear (in this case its actually 2 tier above), merely stating that you cant say "X gear = Y gear" simply because previously your ilvl with X gear allowed you to do what Y gear is allowing you to do now. Beside he's the one actually comparing both gear, and to back it up he used the 2 charts he posted before, and (on the charts)made his own addition to said charts (see the line he drew?), comparing both (gear performance) to each other, while they're supposed to be read seperately.

The new system is shit because you cannot queue high-tier dungeon with trash gear anymore? I mean if that's his point, then sure I guess I poved his point lol. Or maybe the old system was trash?
      Beside my point was never about if the system was shit or not, but it actually started by what he defined to be "geared" and how long it would take to get such gear , he then stated that X gear = Y gear, and I just argued on that, whether I or he think the new system is shit or not is irrelevant to my posts.

As for the people that arent happy about running low-tier instances, no one forces you to run said instance, infact they give so little item XP,I don't get why you would, you're better off killing a few mid IoD bam if you really want the extra item XP. You had 8 quest before, see it as you still have 8 quests then, run 4stars dungeon, it gives load of item XP, you can also buy reset scrolls, as the credits arent that important anymore. Ofc you need TC to avoid the GG scroll cost (200credit), then again who would actually play this game (PVE wise that is), without TC?
      As for the mats, pretty sure you dont need to run RG to upgrade your top-tier gear. Tho I do remenber having to farm bs instance to get my VM mats, which you actually at to roll for...so whats the difference?

The post was edited 1 time, last by jinh ().

• I am genuinely confused as to what is happening here.

If you are super hardcore and want the best fo the best then you probably did that last patch and got yourself a nice +15 DW or Oblit in which case you start with top 2 or 4, both which are capable of easily downing 4 star and 5 star dungeons as well as HH. Even if you had worse gear you could probably get high gear 0 quickly which lets you get into 4 star dungeons immediately, I do not see the issue here.
    • There are 5 things that disapointed me :

* Maint ended at 19h45 on tuesday because of useless new servers, we did new BAMs with guildies, looted many enchanting materials, all that to have an emergency maint 10 min after and a roll back of Seren server, lost every enchating mats, thx Gameforge.

* We still don't have talents,

* there is no enchantement box in Vanguard credits,

* Bosses' HP and endurance are still not adapted to regions without talents, OMG it's so long and boring to run easy scnm, I'm falling aspleep at each boss.
      Cut 1st and 2nd bosses' HP and endurance by half pls, BHS is to lazy to create 3 bosses per dungeon, 1st and 2nd are always recycled Sh.t.

* Not yet looted any diamond (lilith hm, rk9, scnm ...)
      Ktera = real Tera. In comparison, Eu Tera seems just like a P2W private server where people use proxy modules as replacement for talents.

Someone at Bluehole Studio thinks that fun is spelled G-R-I-N-D

TERA : The Endless Recycling until Agony