Wondering about coming back.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Wondering about coming back.

Hi all :)
      I have a huge setiment for this game and I really want to come back but I was offline for like a year and I bet that things changed so my simple question is:
      Is Tera still worth playing?
      Question is simple but I`ll appreciate any longer respond that includes + and -.
      Thanks for responding!
    • Depends what do you like in the game. ._. Your question is just too general to give a proper answer. If you enjoyed your time back in those days then sure. If you liked PvP then not so sure.

Some other threads relevant to your question, maybe you find a bit more useful answer than mine. xD
      Is it the time to come back yet?
      (possibly) returning player, quick questions.
      <3 Guide for new people - Click / tap to get redirected <3

https://bit.ly/TeraGuide
    • I dont get why people always sit there and take their time to write a post asking if its still worth playing, instead of just hopping into the game and see theirselfs...

Who else decides whether to play the game or not, if not you?
      So I think its just a 'make myself hello' to others than anything else.
      You have core 2 cpu.I have core 8.You dont know play,gat it?

The post was edited 1 time, last by ricardolawl ().

• I was thinking to come back too... I'm an old player from Tera NA, and asked a couple days ago about latency and ping to EU servers.

For my surprise, while i was checking on line forums about current state of the game i realized that both Tera EU & Tera NA have fall victim of 3rd party software. Here an expose:

Sorry guys, i have play games with the excessive cheating, which most of the times is focused on PvP.

Not again!...

Cheers.

ps* Or maybe i will do what i like the best. Leveling up characters in a PvE server.
    • otinane wrote:

Or maybe i will do what i like the best. Leveling up characters in a PvE server.
      You cant PvP before level 65 anyway. So even if your goal is only leveling, doesnt matter which one you choose.

And memeslash worked on PvE server too (read: worked in safe zone). ;D
    • otinane wrote:

I was thinking to come back too... I'm an old player from Tera NA, and asked a couple days ago about latency and ping to EU servers.

For my surprise, while i was checking on line forums about current state of the game i realized that both Tera EU & Tera NA have fall victim of 3rd party software. Here an expose:

Sorry guys, i have play games with the excessive cheating, which most of the times is focused on PvP.

Not again!...

Cheers.

ps* Or maybe i will do what i like the best. Leveling up characters in a PvE server.
      For the most part those exploits are fixed.

As for tera itself, yes it's worth coming back. PVP or PVE server, same thing. PVP server just offers more possibilities.
    • I think that I can back to playing Tera. Tbh i was playing NA version for long time, and I`m confused a little now which Tera should I choose. I have bad experience with Gameforge. What would u choose?
    • Lately Gameforge stepped up a bit and decided to have a little more interaction with its community and aside from those few overpriced cash shop items I believe they're doing better now than EnMasse.

Also, I personally can't bring up anything that was done by GF which made the game worse. They could obviously make some changes in the PvP section but ... not sure if that will ever happen. :c

We'll see how the new patch goes. x)

• I beleive you mean the mwa crisis around 65 patch.

well the problem was that the intend was to remove mwa from said dungeons, however the devs planned to rerout the gain via dailies, instances and everything, in a more controlled fashion.

in the current position i would say give it a try anyway, ressource collection rate is somewhat fine, especally with the new gear patching hitting soon

out of all publishers that run TERA, I agree, GF is doing a good enough job
    • Hederath wrote:

I had that bad experience when Gameforge is making every game (almost every i guess) p2w. Maybe not some p2w or just a "buy in shop cuz we deleted that item from dungeons, cheers".
      The upcoming patch rewards the effort and time players put in the game much more than the current one. Don't worry about things such as "p2w".
    • Thank for all replies.
      I think that I can give Tera EU a chance. Which server is the most populated now? And for now I have 65lv archer with +12 guile and I`m not sure that I should continue with that char, I mean I don`t really now how good dps archer now is and what can I obtain by buddy up code.
      Edit: I forgot to ask: is there any fresh engine.ini customization to increase FPS a bit? My PC has AMD stuff so my FPS are not allowing me to PvP.
    • The 2 english servers are well populated.

If you would like to have a good dps character then start a new one and finish before 10th October and you'll receive a full Ambush +14 set.

BuddyUp code only gives you some minor advantages but it's a good thing anyways.
      Read more about it here: BuddyUp system - purpose, limits and rewards