Ambush vs Deathwrack?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ambush vs Deathwrack?

I have a level 65 Sorcerer, currently with Misery gear. I'm curious if it's even worth going for Ambush gear? Or just to farm straight for Deathwrack? Also what's the best way to max out my damage so I can do the higher level dungeons and not get flamed for not "doing enough damage"?

I've been following this guide: essentialmana.com/hallexs-sorcerer-pve-guide/ for all my armor rolls and the likes. However in reference to the guide, I don't have the same accessories, nor brooch.

Is my first step getting that brooch/accessories?? Help!
    • CrispDuwang wrote:

I have a level 65 Sorcerer, currently with Misery gear. I'm curious if it's even worth going for Ambush gear? Or just to farm straight for Deathwrack? Also what's the best way to max out my damage so I can do the higher level dungeons and not get flamed for not "doing enough damage"?

I've been following this guide: essentialmana.com/hallexs-sorcerer-pve-guide/ for all my armor rolls and the likes. However in reference to the guide, I don't have the same accessories, nor brooch.

Is my first step getting that brooch/accessories?? Help!
      If you have misery +12, with etchings, correct rolls. Just go for Deathwrack, unless you're lazy (ambush is stupid easy to get rn because of the event). Adding to this, I'd really only recommend going for Ambush if you're not really confident in getting full or even wep/glove for DW (kinda hard to see how this wouldn't be done but we all have our reasons.

And Acc/Brooch wise, go for acc's first since they're not very difficult (crokstar tokens or top tier bam tokens (26-40, and 300 a). You can also farm 423 ilvl dungeons that drop it as well.

As for Brooch, you can pick up a quick/empowered for about 20-25k on mystel (dunno bout other servers). Both can be done at the same time if you wish to speed it up. (remember these are better versions of the throwaways dungeons drop). You could also spare for a quatrefoil brooch (68-80k on mystel, that actually sell from what I see, now those 130k ones, never seen one sell personally).

As for the "not doing enough damage". My advice for you, don't listen to a**holes that bash/bully you over it. Just try and have fun. You can min-max. But be aware unless you run with friends or guildies, you will run into a lot of aholes. Second piece of advice, would be to check some guides, read forums, check some notes of others and see what they do, and change things up from there. Sorc especially should have some nice min-max guides or notes around the web.

Anywho hopefully this helped, good luck and have fun!
      Just another gunner wait for the order to rain the heavens down.
    • CrispDuwang wrote:

I'm curious if it's even worth going for Ambush gear? Or just to farm straight for Deathwrack?
      neither one. level an alt sorc which gets ambush +14 (event). put this stuff onto your main char and wait 2-3 weeks and when the new update hits the server you can upgrade it to high tier +0 with correct rolls by YOUR chosing for free. same with acc/brooch.
      if i were you i wouldnt invest any time into anything gear related.