Current Server Issues Discussion Thread

• Glacial` wrote:

Shade wrote:

The main tera proxy dev has officially withdrawn the support for the tera proxy today.
      I'm still concerned about DDoS attacks as they are not related to proxies. :/
      Well the real reason I said it is because most people seem to think that proxy is the root of all evil that is going on in tera and getting rid of the proxy will fix everything when it clearly isn't the case. The real hackers will keep memeslashing and DDoS'ing the servers without proxy as well. About time bhs/gf/eme realize this.
    • Shade wrote:

Glacial` wrote:

Shade wrote:

The main tera proxy dev has officially withdrawn the support for the tera proxy today.
      Well the real reason I said it is because most people seem to think that proxy is the root of all evil that is going on in tera and getting rid of the proxy will fix everything when it clearly isn't the case. The real hackers will keep memeslashing and DDoS'ing the servers without proxy as well. About time bhs/gf/eme realize this.
      Not really, the real hackers wouldn't bother using memeslash or DDoS the servers. They would just bot silently for themself and exploit.
      The reason why everything is going to shit imo, is cause it is so god damn easy for every single TERA player to grab the proxy and have fun with it.
    • Cairu wrote:

Shade wrote:

Glacial` wrote:

Shade wrote:

Not really, the real hackers wouldn't bother using memeslash or DDoS the servers. They would just bot silently for themself and exploit. The reason why everything is going to shit imo, is cause it is so god damn easy for every single TERA player to grab the proxy and have fun with it.

Because exploits like p2w is not for everyone.

Cairu and k***z dreamworld.
      :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    • Cairu wrote:

Not really, the real hackers wouldn't bother using memeslash or DDoS the servers. They would just bot silently for themself and exploit.
      That's the only good part about the proxy. The fact you find it good that some trashcans can "bot silently" because they get ignored without proxy is quite disgusting to say the least. The best thing to do with a security exploit that's been exploited for years and reported (but ignored) is to have a fiasco, so the company either fucking cares about it or shuts down their stupid product.

At least it forces GF/BHS to act (especially now due to crashes) and clean this mess and actually fix their shit instead of having some wastes of oxygen cheat in the background without being caught. (GF just to pressure BHS with a fix)
    • Are you guys actually so delusional that you think a F2P game thats dying like TERA can't be easily hacked? Like really guys? Water is fucking wet.

You do realize that the people who are crashing the servers are those cheaters who actually knows how to code and not some random retard downloading proxy to abuse ghillieglade?

Step 1 to fixing this is acknowledging that, no, no games are going to be un fucking cheatable. They can repair one hole, then 10 other holes gets exploited later within 10 minutes.
      I've said it from the start, proxy is nice to have and shit for the ping related stuff, but people are greedy and they will look for shitton of ways to exploit. Which is what happened in the end with free GG and teleporting all over the map.
    • ^ lul

Cairu wrote:

the real hackers wouldn't bother using memeslash or DDoS the servers.

Cairu wrote:

You do realize that the people who are crashing the servers are those cheaters who actually knows how to code
      Do I need to say anything after seeing these side by side?

Fixing a "hole" doesn't make 10 other pop up, you're delusional. In fact fixing a hole shouldn't even open up any other hole to begin with (if they were there, they had to be fixed anyway). Your shitty opinion is to have a few people abuse this game in silence and call it "fine" which is pathetic. First and foremost because I want a safe and correctly coded game. I'd rather have it shut down than be open to silent exploits. The larger the fiasco, the better, because it will force them to fix it. Whereas silent exploits can be reported for years and not a single thing done about it, so no, the alternative is disgusting. (though I have an idea why you'd want it)

Also couldn't care less about your opinion on "unhackable" or "f2p" games. Software can be written to be unhackable (server side) and that's a fact, every single vulnerability results from a flaw or poor code, every single one of them. People have this flawed concept that software needs dumb protection mechanisms because they're inherently unstable but that's bullshit. It's unstable because of idiots who develop it. Fix the problem and it's magically gone.

You think for example Adobe Flash has innate flaws and not made up because of Adobe's incompetence? Remember when the source code was leaked? Yeah, it forced Adobe to patch all the major vulnerabilities because now they were exploited by anyone. So such fiasco was GOOD. Did you even take a look at the leaked source code? Please. You suggest having some pathetic losers access to those exploits "silently" is better, that's laughable.

tl;dr What's better: game crashing all the time / shut down if BHS are too incompetent to fix it, or have certain people like Kekz exploit it silently?

The former.
    • New

Borsuc wrote:

^ lul

Cairu wrote:

the real hackers wouldn't bother using memeslash or DDoS the servers.

Cairu wrote:

You do realize that the people who are crashing the servers are those cheaters who actually knows how to code
      Do I need to say anything after seeing these side by side?

Fixing a "hole" doesn't make 10 other pop up, you're delusional. In fact fixing a hole shouldn't even open up any other hole to begin with (if they were there, they had to be fixed anyway). Your shitty opinion is to have a few people abuse this game in silence and call it "fine" which is pathetic. First and foremost because I want a safe and correctly coded game. I'd rather have it shut down than be open to silent exploits. The larger the fiasco, the better, because it will force them to fix it. Whereas silent exploits can be reported for years and not a single thing done about it, so no, the alternative is disgusting. (though I have an idea why you'd want it)

Also couldn't care less about your opinion on "unhackable" or "f2p" games. Software can be written to be unhackable (server side) and that's a fact, every single vulnerability results from a flaw or poor code, every single one of them. People have this flawed concept that software needs dumb protection mechanisms because they're inherently unstable but that's bullshit. It's unstable because of idiots who develop it. Fix the problem and it's magically gone.

You think for example Adobe Flash has innate flaws and not made up because of Adobe's incompetence? Remember when the source code was leaked? Yeah, it forced Adobe to patch all the major vulnerabilities because now they were exploited by anyone. So such fiasco was GOOD. Did you even take a look at the leaked source code? Please. You suggest having some pathetic losers access to those exploits "silently" is better, that's laughable.

tl;dr What's better: game crashing all the time / shut down if BHS are too incompetent to fix it, or have certain people like Kekz exploit it silently?

The former.

I take great offence to your tone of language, I believe you are being very rude and as such think this thread should be locked and this user warned and banned

thx
    • New

Buschfunker wrote:

I hope GF has now a watchman during CU who can ban instand!
      Man I told them on my support ticket. I even told them to have a gamemaster join our raid as an observer, and see on their own what is going on every time Sunday on bams. Thing is they won't bother coming. According to their replies there are gamemasters although we cannot see them... (If there were they would have taken proper action since one month ago). Even some of their forum moderators get oneshoted and they still do nothing.
    • New

How to implement server-checks 101.
      If something as simple as GM panel is coded into the client, I wouldn't 't be surprised of other shenanigans happening.

If BHS are incompetent to spend anything on the game to fix anything, this is your chance to act because your game is at stake. And quite frankly, your game isn't' the target at this point, they are threatening your existence. No amount of bans will stop these script kids from coming back as long as you provide them with backdoor methods.