Current Server Issues Discussion Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

Aman wrote:

u know, im happy , coz this situation makes gameforge staff actually work.
      If it's hacks, then it's not Gameforge's fault at all. Stop this senseless blame. Of course, we don't have proof that it is hacks that crashed the server, though it's more likely than just all servers went bad suddenly. If it's servers being bad, it's GF's fault, otherwise they have zero fault. Publishers don't code their servers, the developers do, so full fault is with BHS.

And you ask but GF can ban the cheaters... you don't get it. It's likely a banned cheater who even does it (if it's from hacks). If it's the block spam hack, then all you need is a lv1 lancer to get block. Banning lv1 characters doesn't sound very productive now does it?

But of course it could be something else, I'm just saying, it's not necessarily GF's fault. (but BHS)
    • New

Borsuc wrote:

Banning lv1 characters doesn't sound very productive now does it?
      Exactly.

I don't know why people are keep suggesting "banbanbanban" all the time. As long as F2P exists and you're free to create a new account whenever you want to, there's no stopping of this madness.

Fix the problem itself instead of delaying them.
      <3 Please share your opinion about Player-hosted events! <3
      ^^^ Click to open the threads vvv
      <3 bit.do/NewbieGuide - Guide for new people :saint:
    • New

Glacial` wrote:

Borsuc wrote:

Banning lv1 characters doesn't sound very productive now does it?
      Exactly.
      I don't know why people are keep suggesting "banbanbanban" all the time. As long as F2P exists and you're free to create a new account whenever you want to, there's no stopping of this madness.

They could try IP ban. Regardless, it's really sad that the people who got banned for hacking are such sore losers. Not only do they need hacking to play the game, but they start crying when it's taken from them. Sad behavior.
    • New

Thats bullshit....no matter whats happening to the servers, they should AT LEAST let us know whats wrong. Its annoying as f*ck to sit here, getting kicked out of every dungeon just because suddenly RIP connection.

It should be their priority to inform the players whats going on, but nothing, as always. So its damn right to blame GF, because they don't care. Whether its hacks or just bad infrastructure, doesn't matter!
      Again, it should be their priority to inform the people that actually pay them. But they still (after all this time) didn't realise that they are not worth any money.

$%(*&%!
    • New

snwflake wrote:

Thats bullshit....no matter whats happening to the servers, they should AT LEAST let us know whats wrong. Its annoying as f*ck to sit here, getting kicked out of every dungeon just because suddenly RIP connection.

It should be their priority to inform the players whats going on, but nothing, as always. So its damn right to blame GF, because they don't care. Whether its hacks or just bad infrastructure, doesn't matter!
      Again, it should be their priority to inform the people that actually pay them. But they still (after all this time) didn't realise that they are not worth any money.

$%(*&%!
      No one is forcing you to pay them as it is a free to play game. On subject, they did announce that the servers are under attack from an external source and due to its timing (just when they increased banning for hackers) it's likely to be by a butthurt "hacker".
    • New

Sure they can make new accounts but they will never get back their main with all the time and items invested, I think that's what most mean in banning, most of these scum will not bother starting over because they can't exploit anymore, so they resort to these tactics but they will get bored eventually.

Until BHS wakes up and finally does some drastic changes to combat these issues.
    • New

Regardless, they are trying. Are they at fault that some kids are angry they aren't allowed to cheat anymore? They don't code their servers or the game, they are the publishers. BHS need to step up. I wonder what will happen to DPS meters though.
    • New

Satansoulsitri wrote:

Regardless, they are trying. Are they at fault that some kids are angry they aren't allowed to cheat anymore? They don't code their servers or the game, they are the publishers. BHS need to step up. I wonder what will happen to DPS meters though.
      DPS meters don't send any data to the servers, they only sniff packets and display the info.
    • New

@ssion
      For the beginning: This error often occures if people come from different countries. For example my static tank is from austria and he had the same issue.
      Not allways, but sometimes using a different DNS server helps. For example google DNS.

Prefered Server: 8.8.8.8
      Alt Server: 8.8.4.4

You have to go to your network adapter properties and then IP V4 settings. There the 2 bottom lines need a change.
      Leave ip auto.
    • New

Glacial` wrote:

Exactly.

Yeah, but "there's no stopping this madness" is not correct, even though you already implied that anyway with your last phrase. The first solution to any security exploit is not to ban the hackers/thieves or to get the FBI on them (even though that also happens). No, it is to fix the freaking exploit. (I know you said it, I'm just re-iterating it for others) And only BHS can do that.

Glacial` wrote:

As long as "dynamic IP" exists, IP ban is worthless. They just have to restart their router which takes a few minutes at most, depending on the model.
      Also, if you ban their dynamic IPs at some point you'll ban a lot of innocent people who happen to play TERA from same ISP in similar region. Stuff like iesnare is a joke for cheaters who do this kind of thing so that isn't even a thing (if anybody mentions it); it's only annoying for legit users.