What was the intended result when they implemented Jackpot Hours?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What was the intended result when they implemented Jackpot Hours?

A bit over a year ago, when we still had Alliance times, I could easily queue up for CS multiple times a day, any day, and now people only queue up during Jackpot Hours, which is what, 6-9 hours a week? I'm not sure exactly if it's twice or three times a week, 3 hours each. Still, what was the intended result?

I enjoyed random CS queues and now CS is dead outside of Jackpot Hours. What if someone doesn't have time during those hours and gets robbed of something he used to enjoy any time of the day?

Sincerely,
      Disappointed Tera player
    • Hotasduck wrote:

Add CS to the time table every day 11:00 - 20:00
      CS was such a core part of the Battleground and semi-PVP on a PVE server, just enough for players to experience PVP, but also focused on teamwork and objective control, but this Jackpot Thing just straight up killed it. It should be up every day for 12 hours. From 12:00 - 00:00. I'm sure a lot of people would be happy about that.
    • Only if CS had 5-man option. Currently quality of CS games is same as abnm. Low quality, best rewards.
      System is broken. RNG coin flip. You can be good and not win multiple times in a row. You can be bad but get carried by luck. In fact 5-man CS is must. So you can atleast pick 25% of your raid.
      In FW you can pick 33%. In soloq you are 33% of the team. In skyring premade your party is 100%.

So CS need to lose RNG factor before I will agree to favor it over FW. Its retarded enough to have best rewards from CS instead end game battlegrounds (same problem appeared in PvE - ab v vs).

Not to mention that not everyone will agree with favoring one battleground over others anyway.

Well I personally like current PvP rewards. I wouldnt like to see current federation boxes nerfed just so we can get more jackpot windows for most RNG based battleground Tera has to offer (even GR is less RNG).

PS: And dont overlap new solution with skyring windows. Ty.
    • why even add federation boxes BHS thinks that bg give enough without them
      you had low lvls que cs
      and how cs isn't end game bg? cause goal isn't about killing others? it's lvl 65 only so like it or not it is end game bg
      maybe cs has highest rewards cause of rng?
      +adding more hours would only bring back old problem you'll end up in que from 11 till God knows when there would be enough ppl, going back to 40 min que time would rather make ppl que less
      +no for que in pt not like I care to remember ppl nicknames in pvp but it's not funy when you get in and first thing in your raid is "we're agains bla bla bla just give up"
      looks like you want to show your e-pen and get beter ratio asap that the pvp wow yey
      and in other thread thay say pvp is about fun
      we can totaly see it here
      why do you want more cs if you think it's not endgame pvp
    • The intended purpose of the jackpot timers is to make PvP queueable, because otherwise we have 4 queues to choose from and everyone chooses something else, that way no match starts.

There should be always 1 BG active at all times, because like you said, people may not have time at jackpot times to queue for PvP or even play. I saw this suggested quite some time already, but i guess we wouldnt want to give PvP too much of what they want :doofy:
      Yurian: Caipe - Reaper
      Stream Reaper Combo
    • No matter what people say, during monday-friday we have no battleground jackpot from 14:00-18:00. Put CS there.

I would altho, rather have 24h jackpots like in NA, even if a diff battleground would be the only active a day, having the game telling you when you can play is against the common sense of a player that tries to play a game when HE cans. Matches would still pop in peak hours regardless of being extended or not(the hours we are getting jackpots currently).

If rewards is problem, don't have to open a jackpot for it, just remove the useless junk loot from victory boxes(rejuvenation potions is no reward from a BG win, is a spit on the face of the player, no wonder nobody queues since removal of bellicarium/killing spree).
    • Tbh rejuvenation potions and health potions should be removed from the boxes but NOT as reward. They should be added back as a vanguard reward for winning the battleground as they were originally. There's no other way to get them in game others than oblit tokens (i think?? And anyways lol who would??) or TT shop.
    • Rafera wrote:

No matter what people say, during monday-friday we have no battleground jackpot from 14:00-18:00. Put CS there.
      Why CS? It should be an alternated time slot (if not between days, then just have like 2 hours CS, 2 hours Skyring, other day different, or 1 hour each BG (CS/Skyring/FW/Grid), whatever).

Rafera wrote:

I would altho, rather have 24h jackpots like in NA, even if a diff battleground would be the only active a day, having the game telling you when you can play is against the common sense of a player that tries to play a game when HE cans.
      NA's system is trash, I don't want it here. First of all, it's super favoritism towards Fraywind (and lesser, Grid), which is beyond bs. Secondly, I do not want to be told which BG to play a given day. I can understand if my favorite BG is at a different time in another day, to allow others to rotate times, but at least have it at some point in that day (and not a ridiculous time either).

NA has one day a week of Skyring. Playing once a week doesn't sound fun.

Oh and I've got perfect reply to those who say "play other stuff than Skyring" (even if I do, it's side-game for me).

For mass PvP lovers who say it: Let's make it 6 days a week of Skyring instead and see how you like it. You can only play FW on Mondays.
      For PvErs: Make instances drop less loot except for the one who's "highlighted" for that day. Oh, and make the casual instances about 3 times a week (Skyring isn't casual so perfect analogy), so let's say you have 3 days a week only Ghillieglade. HMs only on Mondays sorry. Let's see how you like it.

(don't start about HH, since that's analogy to CU, which is already once a week)
    • Borsuc wrote:

Why CS? It should be an alternated time slot (if not between days, then just have like 2 hours CS, 2 hours Skyring, other day different, or 1 hour each BG (CS/Skyring/FW/Grid), whatever).
      NA's system is trash, I don't want it here. First of all, it's super favoritism towards Fraywind (and lesser, Grid), which is beyond bs. Secondly, I do not want to be told which BG to play a given day. I can understand if my favorite BG is at a different time in another day, to allow others to rotate times, but at least have it at some point in that day (and not a ridiculous time either).

Moreover, with alternated battlegorund times every day, we would be actually able to complete all the 3 green daily quest.
    • I mentioned CS mostly as an example, since we only have it on wednesday or weekends till 5, making it probably the least played BG now during the 7days. Alternating BGs is the best, to at least fill those blank spaces of "no reason to log in" with something to play.

I agree being forced to only one BG each day is bad, but at the moment i can't do any since none has jackpot during those times. So yeah +1 for alternatives
    • TeraPower wrote:

Still, what was the intended result?
      The intended result was for Gameforge to not offer an actual, working solution to the issues at hand.

At first, they made a jackpots schedule as a temporary event. It's now permanent for obvious reasons - they haven't fixed the problem yet, plus players are now used to getting additional rewards because the main 'reward' is crap. I don't see who would play a 20-min CS for a 1/5 of a 'reward' unless they really enjoyed CS and weren't quitters who only contributed in battlegrounds if they were going to win.

And what were the issues then? Lower population (mwa crysis, wheel of scam, rng boxes, no publicity, neglecting community feedback), Tanks BG with equal, if not superior rewards (BG credits for time spent), Kumas - same thing as Tanks, L65-only queue (which only worsened the lower population issue) and, last but not least, the lack of multiple-choice battleground queue. With people not knowing what battleground would pop, they had to gamble with one... ending up waiting for 30+ minutes. And if it happened to be a one-sided game because of the bad matching system, one would think twice before queuing again. So battlegrounds died, especially mass PvP ones without low levels allowed there. It was basically Tanks and Kumas, and solo q because you only needed 2 healers and 4 others.

Remember they even disabled certain battlegrounds as part of the initial 'event'? The subsequent jackpots (which were a joke for a few months) were added to indicate what battleground was worth doing (since the rest had close to no rewards for doing them) and therefore had a chance of getting you matched fairly fast. No extra rewards -> no rewards in general -> no-one queuing -> no match. Removing battleground credits only made things worse - now only the winners get a bonus. So again, who'd do a 20-min CS for 1/5 of an HP potion?

Returning 5-man for CS is obviously not a solution. Removing noctenium from battlegrounds will surely help. Fixing stun duration on earrings will surely help. Adding extra jackpot hours or fixing the regular rewards will sure help. Fixing the battleground matching window (hasn't happened for 5 years but one can only hope) will surely help. Fixing the bg matching system (to avoid having 5 valkyries on one side or 3 FW premades vs 15 solo q'ers) will surely help.

Anyhow, it's not like anything I say here will make a difference.
    • There is no reason not to have 5-man option in EU. EU just doesnt play this battleground seriously. Its considered most casual bg actually. Thats why randoms love it. Easiest bg to get carried. Like I said: CS for PvP is same as AB for PvE (Tera EU!).

But since ktera CS is way different, actually hardcore... well they added best rewards.

Anyway, there is no point to argue about 5-man CS that would actually bring some competition (same as DPS meter) to this bg in EU.
      Only way we get 5-man... well if ktera players demand it.

All I can do to keep mass PvP fun for hardcore players.... Well I can ask if GF can keep favoring EU most relevant competitive mass PvP battleground.
      Basically I am asking to keep ratio between battlegrounds same as now if they decide to add more jackpot hours before 6pm. - I dont agree with more jackpot hours tho. I prefer that everyone que at same time after 6pm. If we add more hours, we can expect PvP activity to decline after 8pm. Kinda anti productive. Plus current system is well tested and it worked for past year.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Unborn ().

• @Unborn: You can work for GF because you have the same stupid logic as them. Exactly like GF you have no clue about this game.

CS was active for years from Monday-Sunday from approx. 11:00 daytime till late night (around 01:00+) WITHOUT any jackpot events for 2 years+.
      Queue time were absolutely ok, 15 minutes queue was the maximum but it was rare. Usually queues were 1-10 mins.

Since GF infected these stupid people with the "i only queue when jackpor hours" virus they must also cure these stupid people.
      I am telling these mods/CMs for 1 year now to finally add CS jackpot hours for Monday-Friday (and not just 3 fking hours, but all day) but they keep saying "we did it because the queue times were long".
      What? Queue times were long? You can't wait maximum 10-15 minutes for a queue? Maximum is the key word here.

Lets compare:

Then: max. 15 minutes queue time, CS lasted Monday - Sunday from ~11:00 day till ~01:00 night
      Now: 24 hour long queues from Monday - Sunday, expect jackpot hours

Very nice fix Gameforge. You lowered the queue times very nicely indeed. You managed to lower it from 15 minutes to 0 minutes aka 0 activity. Excellent work, very very impressive.

And as for these stupid people here on the forum that still believe Jackpot Hours is the way to go, be sure that you are all together the most stupid living beigs in existence.

Warned | Chloe
    • Om3Ga wrote:

@Unborn: You can work for GF because you have the same stupid logic as them. Exactly like GF you have no clue about this game.

CS was active for years from Monday-Sunday from approx. 11:00 daytime till late night (around 01:00+) WITHOUT any jackpot events for 2 years+.
      Queue time were absolutely ok, 15 minutes queue was the maximum but it was rare. Usually queues were 1-10 mins.

Since GF infected these stupid people with the "i only queue when jackpor hours" virus they must also cure these stupid people.
      I am telling these mods/CMs for 1 year now to finally add CS jackpot hours for Monday-Friday (and not just 3 fking hours, but all day) but they keep saying "we did it because the queue times were long".
      What? Queue times were long? You can't wait maximum 10-15 minutes for a queue? Maximum is the key word here.

Lets compare:

Then: max. 15 minutes queue time, CS lasted Monday - Sunday from ~11:00 day till ~01:00 night
      Now: 24 hour long queues from Monday - Sunday, expect jackpot hours

Very nice fix Gameforge. You lowered the queue times very nicely indeed. You managed to lower it from 15 minutes to 0 minutes aka 0 activity. Excellent work, very very impressive.

And as for these stupid people here on the forum that still believe Jackpot Hours is the way to go, be sure that you are all together the most stupid living beigs in existence.
      I think you had long break from tera very long one
      those 15 min ques were when CS FC and 3v3 were only BG in game later we got kuma (not really bg) and gridi
      so with more ppl playing we had less bg to choose from(ofc add to that that FC was active mostly around 7pm to 10pm), now we have more BGs and I think less ppl, so dunno if my maths is ok, but in this conditions the chance of geting in isn't higher? (am I wrong?)
      without this fix everything apart from 3v3 would be dead
      why do you think ktera has open hours for bg? (that was the case when I last checked)
      about the last part I think you're talking about yourself and I think I should report it I feel really offended

So I know most of us won't like it but can we ask our publisher to turn of power hours for one week so that person can rethink his statements

How about we talk that I can't make KC story quest at my alts cause no1 ques for it? that's more game breaking, it stops new ppl from gearing up it should be fixed asap pls add Jackpot for KC ty

The post was edited 2 times, last by Astarte ().

• TeraPower wrote:

A bit over a year ago, when we still had Alliance times, I could easily queue up for CS multiple times a day, any day, and now people only queue up during Jackpot Hours, which is what, 6-9 hours a week? I'm not sure exactly if it's twice or three times a week, 3 hours each. Still, what was the intended result?

I enjoyed random CS queues and now CS is dead outside of Jackpot Hours. What if someone doesn't have time during those hours and gets robbed of something he used to enjoy any time of the day?

Sincerely,
      Disappointed Tera player
      I think the intention was to repopulate Gridiron and Fraywind Canyon, because those bg's had really long queue-times. Mostly active between 19:00 and 22:00, if they even were. And that's why I tihnk they have put the event-times where they are now. They took a look, when the bg's and people are most active and decided to put the timer there (I don't really know much basement-dwellers with no RL).

To turn off the event-timers for some time might be an intersting idea to see, which bg's are also active without special rewards and which are dead without it, or if they are dead at all. But then people will complain about queue-times and loot much more than now for sure :lol:
      I really love CS and have participated in countless rounds and since they buffed gates to prevent doing gate-gate-crystal in 2 minutes, it's also fun again.That CS is dead outside of event-hours has some reasons. First they made it lvl 65 only. A change that I personally really appreciate, because the rounds have brought much more challenge, but this change increased the queue-time drastically. Queueing before 15:00 - 16:00 became nearly hopeless. Then they removed the alliance-system and pve-guilds had no reason anymore, to queue for CS. Why should they, if they can get points for their guild by playing AB, Channelworks or any other low-bob-dungeon? And at least they removed the bellicarium and killing-spree credits and added the new loot system (victory-boxes), which is based on mere luck. If you play the bg's while event-hours and are a lucky bastard at the same time, you can get very good loot and earn tons of gold. Some people from my guild stopped playing bg's, because they don't like this system and want the old one back, so they can choose how to spend their points, like they were used to. Or they just say, that it isn't worth the effort anymore (an opinion I don't share).

Atm I'm inactive cause RL doesn't allow me to play during jackpot-hours. So I would appreciate ideas like the alternating bg-jackpot hours mentioned before. But at least for 2 hours each bg, cause if you have two close and hard fought (I know that's rare, but it happens^^) rounds CS for example, you aren't going to have more than these two rounds^^ Compared to that a round Gridiron rarely lasts much longer than 10 minutes. It might also work on a small scale to add new achieves to the bg's to bring more people there again.

Personally I think without event-timers and jackpots the bg's will become wastelands if they don't reactivate the alliance-system at the same time (and I would still queue, but getting frustrated :D ) , considering the decreasing amount of players and the general decreasing activity on the servers (pve too).

Just a thought. PvE-players have the guild-bam with really great loot. Why not giving the same chance to PvP-players outside event-timers by giving them an open guild mission like "The first 3-5 guilds which complete 15 wins in CS/Fraywind/Gridiron will be rewarded (but rewards given directly to the participating players, not like in the alliance, where the reward has gone to the guild and were managed by the guildmaster :dash: )?