So no more DPS meter?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • "usage of exploits and cheats that allow for an unfair gameplay advantage in both PvP and PvE contents" i dont find dps meter any advantage, just usage of it makes you better player. If that's considered cheat or idk what, then having a brain would also be considered as cheat. How can you even improve if they remove the only thing that shows how good you actually are.. lol... that would be losing too many ppl since all ppl that are going end game are using it anyway.
  • Hello there,

    Unfortunately it won't work anymore indeed. But I can already tell you that an ingame DPS Meter is actually planned to be developed (but not scheduled for 2017).

    i dont find dps meter any advantage, just usage of it makes you better player
    We never said that the DPS meter is unfair (it's sadly impacted by the necessary measures to counter exploits).
    Former Product Community Manager
  • Sword Dancer wrote:

    "usage of exploits and cheats that allow for an unfair gameplay advantage in both PvP and PvE contents" i dont find dps meter any advantage, just usage of it makes you better player. If that's considered cheat or idk what, then having a brain would also be considered as cheat. How can you even improve if they remove the only thing that shows how good you actually are.. lol... that would be losing too many ppl since all ppl that are going end game are using it anyway.
    I don't think they had any issues with the dps meter, the problem is that bs Proxy crap that works same way as meter but with ridiculous "modules" that are straight up cheating.

    So yea we lose the meter which was harmless because some asshats can't play the game fairly and have to cheat and exploit every thing they find.
  • There's a lot of people that like to try hard to improve themselves and play competitively (to find something to do with the lack of content this game is famous for).

    You can start planning to merge all servers into one, it will be widely enough ;(

    Eternya.
    Give us talents as passives or at least give regions outside of Korea a proper class balance.

    Someone at Bluehole Studio thinks that fun is spelled G-R-I-N-D

    TERA : The Endless Recycling until Agony
  • It shouldnt be allowed in 1st place anyway. Its against Terms and Conditions of Use.

    ToS wrote:

    b) use software that facilitates "data mining" or otherwise captures or collects information in connection with the online games,

    An ingame DPS meter is gonna be "legit". So just wait for BhS to develop it.
  • Let's wait and see what they've done.
    Protecting the integrity of the game by undoing all the progress made in the past 3 years since damage metres first appeared is just delusional. No-one likes doing 40% of overall DPS in a 7-man party without recognition of their effort and skill. One invests countless hours in perfecting their gear and skill and the least they want to see is how they compare to other people - something Gameforge obviously can't comprehend, let alone build on by providing their own damage metre tool or by formally sponsoring the development and maintenance of such a tool.
    I hope this half-mouthed 'announcement' relates only to actually malicious tools and that if they somehow managed to break the game even more (just like with implementing the extremely stupid client chat censoring which had even Spongebob blocked) that the metre dev will manage to keep it working, for the benefit of the community which Gameforge don't seem to care about.
    The so called integrity of the game is not more important than the satisfaction of your customers! You either find a way to block actually malicious tools or you don't do anything if you're not competent enough! Is the using 2 weapon set stats at once exploit going to be dealt with? I doubt it.
    Instead of looking for ways to make the game more competitive, they are threatening to and supposedly working on finding ways to remove the last bit of competitiveness. The half-arsed PvP ranking reset was just amazing - instead of fixing the matching tool and bringing back scoreboards, they did a pointless stats reset. Jesus...
  • Nyoka wrote:

    Hello there,

    Unfortunately it won't work anymore indeed. But I can already tell you that an ingame DPS Meter is actually planned to be developed (but not scheduled for 2017).

    i dont find dps meter any advantage, just usage of it makes you better player
    We never said that the DPS meter is unfair (it's sadly impacted by the necessary measures to counter exploits).
    By disabling Shinra you're basically asking the coder to find another workaround and it's just a matter of time until it's found. Rather than disabling a non-malicious tool to promote something we aren't even likely to see this year I'd have preferred somebody hired neowutran instead.

    On a side note, messing with "other" tools doesn't seem like a good idea either as it just adds more fuel to the figurative fire that's burning on the darker side of TERA.
  • Eternyawar wrote:

    There's a lot of people that like to try hard to improve themselves and play competitively (to find something to do with the lack of content this game is famous for).

    You can start planning to merge all servers into one, it will be widely enough.

    Eternya.
    Not empty, just LFG will become a lottery, pretty much like Instance Match. People will still play, just none will know for sure ifthey are getting any better.... or worse
  • Personaly im happy for that if they block DPS meter once forever.

    Finally, because got tired with bunch of big heads using this stuff as reason to insult else around for their DPS even if is it less by like few K/s.
    :elin6:
    "The best way to build momentum and create a movement is to tell a good story...."

    Daron Roberts.
  • Sunflare wrote:

    The half-arsed PvP ranking reset was just amazing - instead of fixing the matching tool and bringing back scoreboards, they did a pointless stats reset. Jesus...
    Please dont talk about topics you are clueless about. That was needed and requested by PvP community. Thanks.
  • if ppl stop teleporting sce for free buffs, solo vergos p4 with valkirie proxy, and grow e-pen with nice programming skills, i can totally accept that dps meter is no more
  • Unborn wrote:

    Please dont talk about topics you are clueless about. That was needed and requested by PvP community. Thanks.
    Please. Requested by the PvP community. Right! Rating gaps will occur again in 1-2 weeks' time. Then what - another reset? lmao
    The PvP community has been requesting a multiple-choice BG matching for years. What's happened about that? Nothing. The ranking reset was just a no-brainer thing to do, so they did it and made it appear as 'community requested' when in fact they did it just to wash their hands - instead of fixing the God damn broken matching tool, they decided to reset the rankings. This was NOT done for the community but for Gameforge who can't solve the problem, no are even trying to get a fix from Bluehole.

    Bossyy wrote:

    Personaly im happy for that if they block DPS meter once forever.
    Yeah, let's go back to the Stone Age and stop using mobile phones etc.
  • Aman wrote:

    if ppl stop teleporting sce for free buffs, solo vergos p4 with valkirie proxy, and grow e-pen with nice programming skills, i can totally accept that dps meter is no more
    About SCEM . Well if blue noct wouldnt cost 700 freaking credits, maybe people wouldnt do ? Wasn't the point of blue noct to equalize the noctenium consumption between all classes? Yet it somehow cost 2 GG scrolls. Beside, from what I've heard, they already fixed the SCEM teleporting.

    HH4 needed to be fixed, but surely there aren't THAT many people solo'ing it, and therefor it could easily be dealt with by banning them, and actually DELETING the stuff they store in their gbank/other account. I mean the harm is done, if they're not banned, some people probably stocked tons of millions worth of item doing so.
  • Sunflare wrote:

    Please. Requested by the PvP community. Right! Rating gaps will occur again in 1-2 weeks' time. Then what - another reset? lmao
    It was, you seem to have a problem with it from actual PvPers. And yes another reset, nothing wrong with monthly resets, perfectly normal in fact. It's wrong when there's no seasonal reset. I don't care if you find it no-brainer or not (even if it is, since I agree), the point is it was a good change stop bitching about everything, damn.

    As for DPS meter, lol, while I'm not against it, it's hilarious to see people so reliant on it, quite sad and funny at the same time. So much drama over a "no brainer" feature, but rankings are more important since they affect matching -- DPS meter numbers affect absolutely no game mechanic.
  • Nyoka wrote:

    Hello there,

    Unfortunately it won't work anymore indeed. But I can already tell you that an ingame DPS Meter is actually planned to be developed (but not scheduled for 2017).

    i dont find dps meter any advantage, just usage of it makes you better player
    We never said that the DPS meter is unfair (it's sadly impacted by the necessary measures to counter exploits).

    Nyoka wrote:

    Eternyawar wrote:

    Pls tell us clearly if Shinra meter is still allowed or not,
    Hello Eternya,
    Nothing has changed in our rules. It was tolerated, still the case. It will just won't work anymore (and we wanted to explain you why). That's all.
    Standard Terms and Conditions

    4.3 The user is prohibited, moreover, from running the online game on other programs apart from the internet browser or the supplied client program. This especially refers to bots or other tools that are designed to replace or augment the web interface. It is likewise prohibited to use scripts and programs that give the user an advantage over his co-players. This also includes auto-refresh functions and other integrated mechanisms of the internet browser to the extent these concern automated processes. Log-in is only permitted via the Gameforge Services and the third-party pages integrated by Gameforge (e.g. portals or social networks).
    Under no circumstances may the user
    a) create or use cheats, mods, hacks and/or software that alter the online game experience,
    b) use software that facilitates "data mining" or otherwise captures or collects information in connection with the online games,
    c) buy or sell virtual articles originating from the Gameforge Services from third parties in return for real means of payment, nor may he exchange these goods or attempt to negotiate any of the aforementioned transactions unless this is permissible in the individual case.
    This also includes all actions equivalent to the aforementioned prohibited activities.

    4.5 It is not permissible to use private servers, i.e. servers held by users or third parties that enable, establish or maintain unauthorised connections to Gameforge Services, particularly by means of programs the use of which has not been explicitly approved by Gameforge, or which emulate or attempt to emulate the Gameforge Services.

    .........Is just a reminder........

    As soon as you tolerate Meters (does not matters wich one) you ALLOW players to go a bit further and ignore the Terms and Conditions wich causes that third-party-Tools will pop up again. You might fix this actual trouble with Proxy - but how long will this last?