About glyphes & rotations

• Ninja

We are looking for TERA Moderators for the EN section! Are you interested? Check this: [OPEN] Want to become a Moderator in Tera (EN) - Here's your chance!

• About glyphes & rotations

Hello ninja fellows ! I made this thread to discuss ninjas glyphs and rotations.
      I'm really curious about to hear from you guys, how do you play ninja?
      The thing i hear all over again "ninja doesn't have any real rotation" got me idea to ask you guys how do you play your ninja?

:) feel free to discuss overall ninja class. (gear, rolls, crystals... etc.)

Here is my glyphs

my rotations

current gear
    • I've always followed EM guide.

For gliphs, I don't use the Shdow Jump cd gliph (you have already lot of evasive/reposition skills, I don't feel like I need it) and the Atunnement one that give att. speed... I spent the 4 remaining gliphs for the cd time of Double cut.

For the rotation, I just DC-SF-Decoy-DC (if reset)-CoS-normal attack until DC and SF are recharged; if CoS isn't still up after decoy/second DC, I just put a normal attack... I use LotW only if I have more than 4 sec cd on CoS after decoy/DC, or when I'm far away from the boss.
      Regarding fire avalanche, I use jagged after the first attack, since with normal att.speed the power link doesn't cover the third one if you use jagged before the first skill.
      Crystals: Focused, Bitter, Savage, Forceful

Jewels: double crit
      Weapon: double enraged, back dmg, flat dmg
      Chest: Double cut dmg
    • I did follow EM guides my self too when started to get in to ninjas. Then just started to think new rotation myself that would have "better" cooldowns.
      So i just changed glyphs little bit to get that nice flow going with the rotations. But mostly did those glyph changes cause of that Blazing Attunement it
      helped to hit those Fire Avalanches just right.

I would love to hear about Energetic etching on ninja! Like how they feel etc. Maybe after gearing revamp i will test out those if able to get enough crit fact :)

Display Spoiler

Dimriky wrote:

I've always followed EM guide.

For gliphs, I don't use the Shdow Jump cd gliph (you have already lot of evasive/reposition skills, I don't feel like I need it) and the Atunnement one that give att. speed... I spent the 4 remaining gliphs for the cd time of Double cut.

For the rotation, I just DC-SF-Decoy-DC (if reset)-CoS-normal attack until DC and SF are recharged; if CoS isn't still up after decoy/second DC, I just put a normal attack... I use LotW only if I have more than 4 sec cd on CoS after decoy/DC, or when I'm far away from the boss.
      Regarding fire avalanche, I use jagged after the first attack, since with normal att.speed the power link doesn't cover the third one if you use jagged before the first skill.
      Crystals: Focused, Bitter, Savage, Forceful

Jewels: double crit
      Weapon: double enraged, back dmg, flat dmg
      Chest: Double cut dmg
    • Suitsuke wrote:

I would love to hear about Energetic etching on ninja! Like how they feel etc. Maybe after gearing revamp i will test out those if able to get enough crit fact :)
      I don't think it would be good, crt rate is really never enough... atm I have 54+288 and my BH crt rate is around 45-53%, CoS is around 60% and my overall crt rate after the battle is around 55% in HMs.
      Future jewel keen etchings aren't going to give us munch crt rate, they're going to barely cover the loss of set bonus on jewels, so we'll never going to cover that +44 crt rate from lvl IV etchings.
      Then, we're going to have keen for armor and boots too (+44 at lvl IV)... since later they're going to fix BH hitbox too (Idi0ticGenius said that ninja dps jumped a lot thx to it), maybe adding more crt rate to it wouldn't be bad; but, if I have to change it, maybe I would go for pumped, since the base power is low... I mean, 10% att speed and 6% cdr isn't munch considering the normal attack gives 15% att. speed and cdr on is own (and I remeber that someon in reddit told me that att. speed doesn't affect munch ninja skills)...

PS: I tried to put a LotW in the combo too some time ago, but I never felt good with it and returned to the classic rotation.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Dimriky ().