About this "Controversial" loading screen

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

We are looking for TERA Moderators for the EN section! Are you interested? Check this: [OPEN] Want to become a Moderator in Tera (EN) - Here's your chance!

• treehistorian wrote:

Psy.NFS wrote:

Why is the first thing you people think about is "naked little girls" is the real question, the artist who made that certainly didn't aim for it, I bet most Elin players don't even think about that, its always those offended who bring it up.

Hey Gameforge please ruin all the effort put into the fan arts and cover all the Elins with Burkas , Thanks!.
    Yes I am sure the artist just stumbled upon this sexualized art by accident. Props for winning the contest and all, but this was purposefully done with sexual appeal in mind no matter how you put it.
    Also, I wouldn't mind it or get offended by it if it wasn't shoved into my face every time I see a loading screen, whether it's for 5 seconds or 5 minutes. I am sure if they included a loading screen of something that offends you, you would be a precious snowflake and rebel.

Believe it or not people, but to some of us there is more to tera than elins, sexualizations, and your holy swimsuits that saved tera.
    I didn't say it wasn't made with sexual appeal I said it wasn't made to look like little girls since clearly they are older looking than in-game elins.

I barely even see the fan art loading screens they are not that frequent hardly being shoved in your face,you could just tab out before a loading screen? I tab out most times anyway while loading you don't have to sit and look at it, yea no that would never happen because I don't get offended so easily I seriously doubt anything could be in a picture that would offend me.

I don't care for elins or sexualization or fanservice either but I'm not gonna try and censor it that just never works out, like I said I don't even have any elins my main is human male and I wish it had more "badass" costumes but everything is mostly fanservice and there isn't much to do about it.
  • Sylveon wrote:

We are in 2017, time to leave the taboos behind and evolve.
    This is exactly what's wrong with humanity nowadays. "It's 2017" so we can allow us to have 76 genders, to welcome refugees, we should all eat plants and stop eating meat and it's ok to sexualise 12 yo looking girls on video games. You people wanna change everything but you're making us, as a specie, going downhill will all your bullshit. Smh.
  • Eliannah wrote:

This is exactly what's wrong with humanity nowadays. "It's 2017" so we can allow us to have 76 genders, to welcome refugees, we should all eat plants and stop eating meat and it's ok to sexualise 12 yo looking girls on video games. You people wanna change everything but you're making us, as a specie, going downhill will all your bullshit. Smh.
    Liked your post just for the bold part, cancer infesting society from people who can't grow the fvck up.

For the topic: yes you can remove the loading screens by editing the .ini file. Disable DepthOfField and they're gone. I haven't seen a stupid loading screen since, idk, WH patch or earlier. So I don't see why so much whining over something trivially fixable, as if the game didn't have any other issues.
  • When you have no idea about what culture difference is, smh. This game was supposed to attract a korean/japanese(asian) populace but it ended up being popular in the west also their biggest success and playerbase is still in korea like I said if you can't handle the culture difference you shouldn't even play this game.

What you guys are trying to do is comparing your western culture with the asian/anime culture where it is indeed acceptable as seen from most animation/movies etc. Even though some "normal" people do play this game because they enjoy the combat system and so on, it is totally understandable there is a higher majority who likes this kind of art style /culture and would like to follow that by making fan art. There might exist a minority who think they are all high and mighty because "hurr durr I have a job" "hurr durr this is unacceptable" you guys are playing the wrong game and should move on.
  • And that's why when Tera was first introduced to Europe / America they... uhmm.... "adjusted" or "reworked" some of the armor models (reads:censored) to "fit more a western audience".

Funny how they completely and absolutely neglect to do any more of that after the initial game release.

If they wanted to truly "adapt" the game to a western audience all they had to do was to remove the whole elin race altogether.

Just saying.
    My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
    For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
    Test Image ->
    (Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )
  • They didn't neglect it, it just wasn't needed simple as that. Hobbits are ok but elins aren't? Frodo was 33 years old when he was carrying the ring if it's a guy it's ok but it's a girl it's not?

Edit: why is it so hard to believe in one fantasy world but neglect the other? funny how desperate people can get because they are guilty about having a boner after seeing pictures of an elin :(
  • I'm not pro-censorship generally and in this case it wasn't really necessary....except for maybe a few elin costumes.

Also the "armor remodelling" they did at the start was a really poor job,could have done much better / more creatively.
    For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
    Test Image ->
  • Cheezus wrote:

This game was supposed to attract a korean/japanese(asian) populace but it ended up being popular in the west also their biggest success and playerbase is still in korea like I said if you can't handle the culture difference you shouldn't even play this game.
    It's true.

However the artwork was made by an EU(?) player (and most importantly) for the EU community. Bringing the eastern culture here is pointless as they had no contribution in this matter besides making the elin class itself.

And yes, it seems this community is not really tolerant with "such weeb stuff" as we're not living in the eastern countries to begin with. :rolleyes:
    <3 bit.do/NewbieGuide - Guide for new people

Unsolved issues - If any important issue is forgotten, pop it there! :stick:
  • Some people want to be artists, either for anime / digital art / painter you don't know anything about these people other than they put effort to their work, this game obviously attracts many because of this games' beautiful art. I don't know how the pictures in question were picked but obviously because people liked it?

You can't deny the fact that many players who play this game are somewhat interested in the said "culture" and if you can't handle 2 seconds of a loading screen this game/community is obviously not fit for you.
  • Cheezus wrote:

You can't deny the fact that many players who play this game are somewhat interested in the said "culture"...
    Don't blend the whole thing in. It seems many players are not interested in said culture simply because "they are playing with this game". Players can be tolerant about things they are not affected by day-by-day.

I'm still not sure why they are making such a big fuss about it. xD Me and Borsuc already gave a solution for this so called problem. Personally I don't mind artworks as long as it's not about showing "rears" or "bumpers". This art is somewhat fine by me, even if I complain won't change anything. x) So I can't understand why this thread even exist. :\

People are different. Some will like it and some will not. X/
    <3 bit.do/NewbieGuide - Guide for new people

Unsolved issues - If any important issue is forgotten, pop it there! :stick:
  • treehistorian wrote:

I can see most of the people that see absolutely nothing wrong with this must just live in their mother's basements where no one sees them and other's opinions don't matter as long as they are correct on the internet. For those of us who don't play elins or play around other elins, it makes a difference though. Some of us have jobs where we want to play tera during an hour lunch break to do some dailies on alts that have nothing to do with the naked elins running around highwatch, but this loading screen makes it pretty awkward. I wouldn't want to have to explain to my co-workers and manager what I am doing playing a game where it's ok for loading screens to be half naked little girls with big boobs and thighs. It's not about explaining yourself, it's about their opinion and respect of you in a more serious environment.

And before you all say "just don't play tera at work", well why shouldn't I? I have limited free time to play games so I have to make the most out of it. I don't care how naked your elin characters are, but please stop imposing them on me when it's so unnecessary. I can do dailies such as bams and gg completely solo where no one has to know how perverted this game can be, and I don't mind that it is sometimes, but taking away my ability to control how SFW simple things like the loading screens are is pretty bad towards the players who play this game for reasons other than fapping over their naked little girl characters.
    (Why do I have to deal with this again in 2017 D:)

So you are playing a game whose core values are the Visuals, since it's what you see and judge on the first sight ,( hey just like in real life, you never chose an super ugly (in your opinion) person as your partner just because he/she has a pure heart lets be honest) , and the combat. Now the character visuals for every character in this game (except popori I guess) are sexualised. It is what it is, you don't have to like it or agree with it. And yet you are telling me you desperately trying to stay away and dodge every Elin's Butt or Castanic's tit comes your way by turning around your mouse like a crazy person so you avoid watching it .

But guess what, if you have psychological issues and insecurities about what other people are going to say, you deep down feel like you are doing something "wrong" in the first place.
    Now that's the very definition of psychological / mental issues isn't it ? And it's okay , we all got some of those but at least
    don't desperately try to 'adjust' the "in your opinion" wrong aspects of the game in your likings, since that's how this game is (again, like it or not). Either you choose it or you dont.

Or does the problem lies on the fact that the Screenshot is "too zoomed in" that you can clearly see the details ?
    Well in that case, you Profile picture is also "too zommed in" for my tastes, as you clearly expose the entire Leg of you Elin as well as part of her belly.
    What would my mom in my basement think ? Have you ever thought about that? or you jsut threw your naked legs out there
    not caring about what would my mom (or coworkers) think when they see me chatting on the forums with a person who has a half naked
    kid as his profile picture ¬
    Elins are power
    Elins are life

Elins are Love
  • ^

That doesn't make any sense at all. He's talking about a full sized loading screen that is easily noticable by whoever passes behind your screen at any time and you're talking about his small ass avatar, just because it's an Elin aswell.

While i agree with the "You shouldn't care about what people say about what you're playing" thing you still can't deny that it would be awkward to explain to your boss if he sees you playing this during your lunch break and all the sudden a loading screen like that one pops... ON THE ENTIRE SCREEN. If i didn't know TERA i would at least ask myself some question and maybe ask question to whoever plays that game if i happened to see a loading screen like that. Since you wanna bring it to the psychological stuff, you have to know that a person that will see you for the first time can make an opinion about you in few seconds. Imagine it's the first time you see your boss (cause it's common knowledge that in some companies you don't see your boss that often) and his first sight of your own person is you staring at 12 yo lookin girls in swimsuits with their butts out?

But that's just an exemple. What i see overall is people with a weird addiction to a bunch of pixels that look like a 12 years old girl trying to give shit to the people who are tired to have to put up with your bullshit. I played TERA for 3 years and a half and i witnessed a lot of wicked shit about Elins, like pure roleplay, screenshots, fanarts, fanfiction and what not... And i think enough is enough, this shit is going too far. There is people like me who started to play the game because it looked good graphic wise (and i'm not only talking about the characters), because it has a good combat system and because it COULD provide proper content such as mass PvP for my own exemple. So for people like that we shouldn't have to put up with that bullshit on a daily basis. If people like to wank off to Elins or to have some weird roleplay then good on you, but keep it for yourselves honestly, there is some people who don't want to witness that.

Anyways, to sum it up. If you have weird fetishes, keep it for you and your friends who also like it but stop rubbing it in everyone's face. And stop trying to give shit to normal people when you're the ones in fault. I mean dude please, you literally have an Elin avatar yourself and your thing at the bottom says "Elins are power, Elins are life. Elins are love." You're literally addicted. No need to add more, i think my point is clear enough.
  • Since you didn't read my post I will just quote me .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

"That doesn't make any sense at all. He's talking about a full sized loading screen that is easily noticable by whoever passes behind your screen at any time and you're talking about his small ass avatar, just because it's an Elin aswell."

>> Or does the problem lies on the fact that the Screenshot is "too zoomed in" that you can clearly see the details ?
    because if that's the issue they might as well insert the screenshot at 1/2 the Curent size and problem fixed.
    Then again, is super irrelevant to begin with ,to call his "problem" with a Full screen picture legit and "my problem" with a smaller yet still naked Elin invalid,
    after all who re you to judge what bothers a person. My mom/coworkers can pretty clearly see not only his naked picture
    but all the Naked Elins / Castaniscs / Elfs / Humans running around EVERYWHERE in the game.
    But I guess his cowerkers are like, darn this picture is pretty offensive, what the hell is he doing.
    But when they see a casual momment from pretty much everywhere in the world or an Elin running past you naked or the current event " prntscr.com/g7p8kp "
    they are like, "that's cool, i totaly get that". (Arguing for the sake of arguing is the doodliest thing you can do. At least try to be relevant)

P.S. Tell them to remove the Zoom-in Zoom-out option because it can get pretty offensive at times.

"While i agree with the "You shouldn't care about what people say about what you're playing" thing you still can't deny that it would be awkward to explain to your boss if he sees you playing this during your lunch break and all the sudden a loading screen like that one pops... ON THE ENTIRE SCREEN."

Yea I get it, it's awkward . Equaly as awkward as tryign to explain to your boss why you are staring at at screen with a 12yo naked girl (your character).
    Equaly as awkward as tryign to explain to your boss why there are bunch of naked people running around.
    Answer is. You won't. You won't even let them see your little naked character. You will just alt tab, and move on with your life.
    But If you want to convince us all that "size matters" then I am out of this discussion. Too messed up for me

"Since you wanna bring it to the psychological stuff, you have to know that a person that will see you for the first time can make an opinion about you in few seconds. Imagine it's the first time you see your boss (cause it's common knowledge that in some companies you don't see your boss that often) and his first sight of your own person is you staring at 12 yo lookin girls in swimsuits with their butts out? "

Sorry I couldn't asnwer that, it's just so laughable and I will just assume you are trolling and I will give you props for a good bait. You got me there for a second. I almost though you were serious.

"But that's just an exemple. What i see overall is people with a weird addiction to a bunch of pixels that look like a 12 years old girl trying to give shit to the people who are tired to have to put up with your bullshit."

That's EXACTELY the point everyone before me made and thanks for proving everyones point in this thread.
    We are actually tired of people with a weird addiction to a bunch of pixels that look like a 12 years old girl , that they get offended
    every time a few pixels are trying to look attractive or sexual and then they getting so offended that they are creating a complete mess
    and madness everywhere they go. We are actually tired of it . We are tired to have to put up with your bullshit.
    It's frikin pixels.Stop. If you have weird fetishes, keep it for you and your friends who also like it but stop rubbing it in everyone's face.

It's a Role Play Game by definition. I am trying to make the e-me look cool (or sexy or evil or dark). Just because you have some weird
    fetishes and obsecions with stuff like that, doesn't mean that the rest of us that choose to ROLE PLAY in a ROLE PLAY GAME should stop ROLE PLAYING
    because you little precious snowflake are getting offended.

Again if this ROLE PLAY game that is created from it's very core to look somewhat "sexy" and it's Role Players are offending you, please by all means. Move on.
    Elins are power
    Elins are life

Elins are Love
  • I am aware that there are many pedophile rings. I know that many of them are arrested. I am aware many are in power, abusing kids. I am aware leftists openly campaign to decriminalize basic immorality, such as perversion of the idea of consent, and pushing for pedophilia, hiding one has HIV from their partners, etc. What astonishes me is how many of those are on this board, brazenly flaunting their vileness.
    The problem with the image are the obvious implications, what is emphasized. And the people who push for it / like it. It is a disease of the mind, loss of basic morality, that they wish to get away with.
  • People, could you be less aggressive and more constructive? most of your posts are about attacking someone else's position :crazy: why don't you try to explain your position / view more thoroughly instead of criticizing others?
    Test Image ->