About this "Controversial" loading screen

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

We are looking for TERA Moderators for the EN section! Are you interested? Check this: [OPEN] Want to become a Moderator in Tera (EN) - Here's your chance!

  • Since there aren't nude boobs (which elin don't even have) and/or butts the loading screen is SFW for me.
    No controversion exists for that one.
    Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

    EU:
    Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
    Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
    Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
    Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
    Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
    verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars
  • Eliannah wrote:

    But when i see the kind of roleplay people do with their Elins, the costumes that make them sexualized af, [...]
    Leather-wearing female Castanics are much better in this regard, I agree.

    About the loading screen: Try playing TERA in the public with that. I can almost guarantee you'll get some whispers or some weird looks from strangers. :'D
    Aeq | Lv65 Archer | ILv 447 | Panic | Yurian
    Ultima | Lv65 Priest | ILv 439 | Panic | Yurian

    Seadra | Lv65 Archer | ILv 423 | Panic | Yurian
    Veku | Lv65 Archer | ILv427 | Panic | Yurian
    Quest Zerk | Aléx Lancer | Quiem Sorc | Disregard Warrior | Alcyel Mystic
    Requi Slayer | Aquah Gunner | Ranael Valkyrie | Disease Archer

    Lordz of Ownage - 11/09/13 - Never forget
  • So you guys can explain to these "strangers" watching you play (where are you guys playing? middle of street?) about all the Elins running around in-game in bikinis(which you see all the time) that look even more sexual than this pic, but when this loading screen pops up once in a while that's it no words you are screwed yep they gonna call the cops on you.

    if you compare it to in-game Elins they don't even look the same tbh they look like late teens in this picture, you see way crazier Elins in-game all the time everywhere.

    Basically, who cares? nothing wrong with that picture, unless you have potato PC you only see it for like 5-10 seconds, oh the horror!.

    Excellent work whoever did it looks real high quality must have taken some time to make, why can't you guys appreciate art?.
  • Psy.NFS wrote:

    So you guys can explain to these "strangers" watching you play (where are you guys playing? middle of street?) about all the Elins running around in-game in bikinis(which you see all the time) that look even more sexual than this pic, but when this loading screen pops up once in a while that's it no words you are screwed yep they gonna call the cops on you.
    I do ask myself too: WHERE do they play Tera and WHY would someone care WHAT STRANGERS think about themselves?! Especially, why would they fear cops (to exaggerate the topic) when seeing this simple, non-offending, loading screen?

    I feel reminded about this...

    Warrior {A&D} (449), Reaper (435), Priest (431), Mystic (431), Ninja (427), Valkyrie (430), Archer (433)
  • I can see most of the people that see absolutely nothing wrong with this must just live in their mother's basements where no one sees them and other's opinions don't matter as long as they are correct on the internet. For those of us who don't play elins or play around other elins, it makes a difference though. Some of us have jobs where we want to play tera during an hour lunch break to do some dailies on alts that have nothing to do with the naked elins running around highwatch, but this loading screen makes it pretty awkward. I wouldn't want to have to explain to my co-workers and manager what I am doing playing a game where it's ok for loading screens to be half naked little girls with big boobs and thighs. It's not about explaining yourself, it's about their opinion and respect of you in a more serious environment.

    And before you all say "just don't play tera at work", well why shouldn't I? I have limited free time to play games so I have to make the most out of it. I don't care how naked your elin characters are, but please stop imposing them on me when it's so unnecessary. I can do dailies such as bams and gg completely solo where no one has to know how perverted this game can be, and I don't mind that it is sometimes, but taking away my ability to control how SFW simple things like the loading screens are is pretty bad towards the players who play this game for reasons other than fapping over their naked little girl characters.
  • Loading screens are SFW, nothing "NSFW" about them. If they were NSFW they wouldn't be made loading screen on the first place since it is a pegi12 game. Some things are just as awkward as you make them to be, simple explanation for your Co-Workers "Oh it's a game I enjoy playing called Tera and it's a fan art made by someone for the upcoming summer event".
  • Lols i know once a friend was at my place and i wanted to show him tera...elin loading screen started to load and he was watching me like im a pedophile hahahah. I don't mind the loading screen but i agree with treehistorian. There are alot of people who would find this disturbing ^^
  • Oh yea we are all just a bunch of goblins living underground looking at Elins all day just because we think there's nothing wrong with the pic, yup you nailed it, assume much? I don't even have a single Elin character that I play regularly - and no reapers to farm event don't count.

    Why is the first thing you people think about is "naked little girls" is the real question, the artist who made that certainly didn't aim for it, I bet most Elin players don't even think about that, its always those offended who bring it up.

    Hey Gameforge please ruin all the effort put into the fan arts and cover all the Elins with Burkas , Thanks!.
  • I must say the image it's surely not NSFW but I'll have no doubts putting it in the "Questionable" category.
    My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
    For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
    Test Image ->
    (Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )
  • Psy.NFS wrote:

    Why is the first thing you people think about is "naked little girls" is the real question, the artist who made that certainly didn't aim for it, I bet most Elin players don't even think about that, its always those offended who bring it up.


    Hey Gameforge please ruin all the effort put into the fan arts and cover all the Elins with Burkas , Thanks!.
    Yes I am sure the artist just stumbled upon this sexualized art by accident. Props for winning the contest and all, but this was purposefully done with sexual appeal in mind no matter how you put it.

    Also, I wouldn't mind it or get offended by it if it wasn't shoved into my face every time I see a loading screen, whether it's for 5 seconds or 5 minutes. I am sure if they included a loading screen of something that offends you, you would be a precious snowflake and rebel.

    Believe it or not people, but to some of us there is more to tera than elins, sexualizations, and your holy swimsuits that saved tera.
  • treehistorian wrote:

    Psy.NFS wrote:

    Why is the first thing you people think about is "naked little girls" is the real question, the artist who made that certainly didn't aim for it, I bet most Elin players don't even think about that, its always those offended who bring it up.


    Hey Gameforge please ruin all the effort put into the fan arts and cover all the Elins with Burkas , Thanks!.
    Yes I am sure the artist just stumbled upon this sexualized art by accident. Props for winning the contest and all, but this was purposefully done with sexual appeal in mind no matter how you put it.
    Also, I wouldn't mind it or get offended by it if it wasn't shoved into my face every time I see a loading screen, whether it's for 5 seconds or 5 minutes. I am sure if they included a loading screen of something that offends you, you would be a precious snowflake and rebel.

    Believe it or not people, but to some of us there is more to tera than elins, sexualizations, and your holy swimsuits that saved tera.
    So, you're telling us that a loading screen that might appear 2-5 secs in your screen (at days it doesn't appear at all for me) is offending you, yet each and every other piece of "nudity" within the whole spectrum of the game is not?

    Not sure if joking or being a hypocrite.
  • Torasu wrote:

    treehistorian wrote:

    Psy.NFS wrote:

    Why is the first thing you people think about is "naked little girls" is the real question, the artist who made that certainly didn't aim for it, I bet most Elin players don't even think about that, its always those offended who bring it up.


    Hey Gameforge please ruin all the effort put into the fan arts and cover all the Elins with Burkas , Thanks!.
    Yes I am sure the artist just stumbled upon this sexualized art by accident. Props for winning the contest and all, but this was purposefully done with sexual appeal in mind no matter how you put it.Also, I wouldn't mind it or get offended by it if it wasn't shoved into my face every time I see a loading screen, whether it's for 5 seconds or 5 minutes. I am sure if they included a loading screen of something that offends you, you would be a precious snowflake and rebel.

    Believe it or not people, but to some of us there is more to tera than elins, sexualizations, and your holy swimsuits that saved tera.
    So, you're telling us that a loading screen that might appear 2-5 secs in your screen (at days it doesn't appear at all for me) is offending you, yet each and every other piece of "nudity" within the whole spectrum of the game is not?
    Not sure if joking or being a hypocrite.
    I can choose to not expose myself to the other stuff in the game that I dislike, I cannot choose not to see this loading screen.
  • I drew this piece for myself, but happened to fit the theme so why wont try right.Honestly I expected some ppl might be butthurt about it, while submitting i added note that Ill understand if Ill get rejected etc but in reply i recieved "dont worry, its not too much" soo :wacko:
    Also game itself is focused around fanservice, anime is full of fanservice. Ppl honestly must lack weabooness. Elin themselves arent kids neither :^)
    And yes you can pretty easily turn off loading screens to boost fps or some other shit, so I dont see the problem.
    Kîwî the bird
  • treehistorian wrote:

    Torasu wrote:

    treehistorian wrote:

    Psy.NFS wrote:

    Why is the first thing you people think about is "naked little girls" is the real question, the artist who made that certainly didn't aim for it, I bet most Elin players don't even think about that, its always those offended who bring it up.


    Hey Gameforge please ruin all the effort put into the fan arts and cover all the Elins with Burkas , Thanks!.
    Yes I am sure the artist just stumbled upon this sexualized art by accident. Props for winning the contest and all, but this was purposefully done with sexual appeal in mind no matter how you put it.Also, I wouldn't mind it or get offended by it if it wasn't shoved into my face every time I see a loading screen, whether it's for 5 seconds or 5 minutes. I am sure if they included a loading screen of something that offends you, you would be a precious snowflake and rebel.
    Believe it or not people, but to some of us there is more to tera than elins, sexualizations, and your holy swimsuits that saved tera.
    So, you're telling us that a loading screen that might appear 2-5 secs in your screen (at days it doesn't appear at all for me) is offending you, yet each and every other piece of "nudity" within the whole spectrum of the game is not?Not sure if joking or being a hypocrite.
    I can choose to not expose myself to the other stuff in the game that I dislike, I cannot choose not to see this loading screen.
    Fair enough, but the whole point stands if the image in question is offensive to begin with. And that's entirely subjective.