I need help ASAP

• Some questions that came up in my mind:
      • Did you link your account with Steam?
      • If so, do you even play through Steam?
      • Have you added the launcher to the firewall exceptions?
      • Are you using IPv4 or IPv6 connection?
      • How about proxies or VPNs? Are they disabled?
      <3 bit.do/NewbieGuide - Guide for new people

Unsolved issues - If any important issue is forgotten, pop it there! :stick:
    • Glacial` wrote:

Some questions that came up in my mind:
      • Did you link your account with Steam?
      • If so, do you even play through Steam?
      • Have you added the launcher to the firewall exceptions?
      • Are you using IPv4 or IPv6 connection?
      • How about proxies or VPNs? Are they disabled?

1. It is linked with Steam
      2. I do, I already have 42h on it
      3. If this is what you're talking about, then yes prntscr.com/fuhq4c
      4. I guess I'm using both, i don't know prntscr.com/fuhrv4
      5. VPN prntscr.com/fuhqet ; Proxies prntscr.com/fuhqia
    • I must point out someone's approved OP's last comment without saying a word, but when a thread has been moved or closed - don't laugh now! - "as requested", we must let the whole world know. Right.

I'll wait my turn until @Glacial` finishes her troubleshooting session.

Inb4 someone tells him to contact Support as their only suggestion, as if OP didn't know Support existed.

pro tip: look at my signature
      pro can't be arsed guessing without more info reason: I messaged him at 11:16 pm CEST but he's yet to even see it

• Sunflare wrote:

I must point out someone's approved OP's last comment without saying a word, but when a thread has been moved or closed - don't laugh now! - "as requested", we must let the whole world know. Right.

I'll wait my turn until @Glacial` finishes her troubleshooting session.

Inb4 someone tells him to contact Support as their only suggestion, as if OP didn't know Support existed.

pro tip: look at my signature
      pro can't be arsed guessing without more info reason: I messaged him at 11:16 pm CEST but he's yet to even see it

Did I do something wrong, what are you trying to say ?
    • Sunflare wrote:

I must point out someone's approved OP's last comment without saying a word...
      If they post something every time they approve a thread or a reply, there would be a lot of needless spam. I asked a moderator to approve it and they did it. :P

My session ended quickly yesterday due to a storm so I couldn't give a proper reply in time. :c But if you've sent instructions for him via Conversations then I guess I can't be helpful anymore, except some cliché answers and guesses. :pinch:

Oh, and he could always try to get in touch with the support!/sarcasm

• Glacial` wrote:

Sunflare wrote:

I must point out someone's approved OP's last comment without saying a word...
      If they post something every time they approve a thread or a reply, there would be a lot of needless spam. I asked a moderator to approve it and they did it. :P
      My session ended quickly yesterday due to a storm so I couldn't give a proper reply in time. :c But if you've sent instructions for him via Conversations then I guess I can't be helpful anymore, except some cliché answers and guesses. :pinch:

Oh, and he could always try to get in touch with the support!/sarcasm
      Ok so here's what went down, we were talking in conversation and came to a conclusion that IPv6 was the problem (i guess maybe it's not even that), he told me to call up my IPS, they told me that i don't even have access to IPv6 and that they needed to update my router, after updating I restarted my PC and tried to run TERA *didn't work*, now i was searching on YouTube how to disable IPv6, I disabled it and came to a conclusion that either that's not the problem or my IPv6 is still somehow enabled :/
      I know this may be confusing, i can explain if needed. :D
    • Nah it's understandable. :> If you suspect that IPv6 connection is causing the problem then we should try working that out before moving on.

As far as I know (above Win8) the system prioritise IPv6 connection over 4 when available. If you want to make sure, you could disable IP6 connection entirely by messing with things in "regedit".
      Which OS are you using? :o

• Glacial` wrote:

Nah it's understandable. :> If you suspect that IPv6 connection is causing the problem then we should try working that out before moving on.

As far as I know (above Win8) the system prioritise IPv6 connection over 4 when available. If you want to make sure, you could disable IP6 connection entirely by messing with things in "regedit".
      I'm using Windows 10, i kinda messed around with it in Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network and Sharing Center>Change Adapter Settings then properties. And that's about it
      Ragedit is an unknown term to me :/
    • Killian wrote:

Glacial` wrote:

Nah it's understandable. :> If you suspect that IPv6 connection is causing the problem then we should try working that out before moving on.

I'm using Windows 10, i kinda messed around with it in Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network and Sharing Center>Change Adapter Settings then properties. And that's about itRagedit is an unknown term to me :/
      Regedit is a sneaky thing where you can manually edit entries of different things to change certain properties that you might not be able to edit otherwise. x) If you want, we can try this out but make sure you copy the instructions in notepad or something so you can revert it (if this fails and you won't have internet connection :s ).

• Glacial` wrote:

Killian wrote:

Glacial` wrote:

I'm using Windows 10, i kinda messed around with it in Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network and Sharing Center>Change Adapter Settings then properties. And that's about itRagedit is an unknown term to me :/
      Regedit is a sneaky thing where you can manually edit entries of different things to change certain properties that you might not be able to edit otherwise. x) If you want, we can try this out but make sure you copy the instructions in notepad or something so you can revert it (if this fails and you won't have internet connection :S ).
      I say risk for the biscuit, as far as i understood rn, there are commands that can disable things but are dangerous in a way and there are commands that can revert changes and save my ass
    • Glacial` wrote:

If you suspect that IPv6 connection is causing the problem then we should try working that out before moving on.
      If he suspects? It's not a guess, it's a fact.
      This is what his connection was like before you made him touch anything (I've edited the screenshot):

Killian wrote:

I say risk for the biscuit
      I laughed irl when I read that.

Glacial` wrote:

I'll send you the instructions in Conversations within a few minutes.

(Sunny style, so others can't see! :3)
      hahaha

I don't do this just so others can't see what I have to say. lol On the contrary, I sometimes ask people I've spoken to in private to post their replies in the public section, so that other people can benefit from the information. I just posted the results of his ipv6 test he sent me after I asked him to, so others can see what to look for as well. As usual, he wrote a comment that nothing in my launcher guide helped him. When in reality this is one of the main things I talk about there for nearly a whole minute, starting at 3:10.

Killian wrote:

now i was searching on YouTube how to disable IPv6, I disabled it and came to a conclusion that either that's not the problem or my IPv6 is still somehow enabled :/
      Using these to quickly enable/disable IPv6 or whatever you did just won't do it for you. I wouldn't say you needed to phone up your provider if there was another way. And what they told you is just laughable when the results we can see from your ipv6 test say otherwise. Just call them again and hope to speak to someone more knowledgeable. You're not the only person who's had their connection changed/upgraded without their knowledge - I've seen it on the computers of people from Poland, Portugal, Germany, Romania, Norway, Israel and maybe other countries I don't remember anymore.
      There can be more than 1 issue btw but it's usually with people who haven't played TERA before. Folks who suddenly can't log in, more often than not, have either your problem or they've installed something that's edited their hosts file or activated a firewall.

Do write to Support though - show them only the screenshots from your opening post and let's see what happens.