Removing rating gap from 3v3 Teams

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

We are looking for TERA Moderators for the EN section! Are you interested? Check this: [OPEN] Want to become a Moderator in Tera (EN) - Here's your chance!

• Main issue is not having ranking resets, skill gap exists for a solid reason, eliminating the gap is only a temporary/cheap fix, that the main reason it would work is because of the current ammount of teams playing 3v3 premade, if any new teams will want to participate they will be forced to match against top ranks, so this solution is mostly taking into consideration only the old players.

The best solution is to make rank resets every 30days for once, stopping the rating campers and providing you the chance to play again every season and have a reason to give yours 100% in game without having to drop rating in give away matches. They should just make the matching system split into two tiers rather than skill gap, Tier 2: 1200pr and bellow match against 1200pr or less teams, Tier 1: 1201+ against 1201+ teams, a small fair and easy to reach in solo even.

By removing the skill gap, nothing says it wouldn't be needed to be changed again, for example if they ever equalise premade(biggest barrier for players who are tired of the autistic gear recycling to be able to have the requirements to play their game) and more teams start gathering for 3v3 premade, because without skill gap people will not be motivated to start playing premade knowing they will match only against the most experienced teams in EU even if at the moment they are the only teams active in 2k17. So i would like a change that would be good for the whole player base even if you are the only part of the minority playing it now.

With this i don't say i disagree with you, the current skill gap is way too tight and a huge problem that i completly understand, keeping it is out of question.
      If not changed I agree that it MUST be removed because the way it is now, is unplayable.
      Stay mature and find real solutions that won't turn the game into your private playground.
    • Hey everyone,

just a quick answer here - I asked multiple people with various types of requests to forward it through our official forum, as this should be the main platform to share, discuss and collect feedback.

There are multiple reasons for this;
      1. I cannot get all the feedback from multiple people send to me and me only
        1. Should I be sick, on vacation or otherwise be tied up, it wouldn't be heard by the people responsible for it
        2. Should other players also want to put additional feedback in, they wouldn't know about it
      2. I cannot forward or evaluate every type of suggestion myself
        1. It's important that there is the possibility to discuss suggestions amongst players to get all the affected opinions
      3. It's important that feedback gets forwarded via the correct channels
        1. Exploits, Abuses and similar issues should be reported via our Customer Support
        2. Feedback, suggestions and complaints should be reported via our forum, so it can be collected, evaluated and discussed with our Community Managers

That being said - the suggestion in this thread is not a change we can set via event functions, and will need to get evaluated and forwarded to Bluehole accordingly, if it should be a permanent one.

Best regards,
      Atmorph
    • Atmorph wrote:

That being said - the suggestion in this thread is not a change we can set via event functions, and will need to get evaluated and forwarded to Bluehole accordingly, if it should be a permanent one.
      We kind of figured by now that it has to be requested to BHS itself, but what everybody in here is expecting was whether you're gonna try to make it happen or not ( along with EQ and ranking reset ).
      Has the suggestion been forwarded? Are we gonna see it happening in the near future?

We'd like to see more transparency regarding your future plans, especially considering how rare your replies are on forums.
    • Atmorph wrote:

1. /
      2. I cannot forward or evaluate every type of suggestion myself
        1. It's important that there is the possibility to discuss suggestions amongst players to get all the affected opinions

Majority of skyring players dont post on forum... I wont say they dont read forum, cuz that I cannot know.

But what anyone who played skyring premade during last event know... Number of players participating at that event.
      Or amount of new players in skyring solo day before rank reset.

So you dont need a lot of feedback. You just need to look numbers.
    • @Atmorph,

Yes, please forward it to BhS. We need this to happen ASAP:

- Team Champion Skyring (A.K.A 3v3 premade) should be equalized.
      - Ranks in all battlegrounds along with K/D/A (Kill/Death/Assist) should reset each month.

We already had the 2nd feature before. So it should not be a hard change. Even people with low experience in programming can do it!

Keep us updated!

Thanks
    • Hey all,

just briefly letting you know that a request has been send to look into regular ranking resets. This looks to be the most realistic change for the time being - other changes to PvP are scheduled by BH for future patches already, so this probably wouldn't interfere with these too much.

We'll keep you updated should anything come off it!

Thanks,
      Atmorph
    • Atmorph wrote:

Hey all,

just briefly letting you know that a request has been send to look into regular ranking resets. This looks to be the most realistic change for the time being - other changes to PvP are scheduled by BH for future patches already, so this probably wouldn't interfere with these too much.

We'll keep you updated should anything come off it!

Thanks,
      Atmorph
      Well, gj.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Onisor ().

• That's at least something altho a short EQ event using those deactivated battlegrounds and fraywind gear would be no harm for future patches. @Atmorph

It has already been done two years ago but this time around we dont even need to worry about rewarding and adjusting the matches with ks/bg points cause they're gone. Im sure every active 3v3 player wouldnt mind the lack of rewards during this short event, in fact there can be none for all we care.. Or just have losers earn 1 champion skyring receipt and winners 1 box.

There's currently an existing ( but deactivated ) battleground for 5v5 Champion's skyring, you could just edit the code for a maximum number of 3 players per team and hook the current fraywind gear along with it.. There's your EQ 3v3.

Despite everything, the meaning of this thread was the removal of rating gap which I guess has not been forwarded nor addressed, but perhaps we'll see it coming with those 'changes to PvP scheduled by BH'
    • Why short event though? I mean, why the "short"? What does Atmorph stand to lose.

Also, @Atmorph, I don't know how to put it but, seriously, why did it take so damn long to request the ranking reset? It's been asked for ages + not having it reset goes against any sort of logic (look at any PvP game) especially with no rating decay.
    • Short because it's better than nothing.. Plus we must go babysteps when it comes to PvP events so even a short one of a few weeks is welcome. Actually it'd make sense to make it EQ until september since it's summer and people have more time to play/find party and also no patches behind the corner so this is a dead month. @Atmorph
    • Aiim wrote:

Short because it's better than nothing.. Plus we must go babysteps when it comes to PvP events so even a short one of a few weeks is welcome. Actually it'd make sense to make it EQ until september since it's summer and people have more time to play/find party and also no patches behind the corner so this is a dead month. @Atmorph
      I'd agree with you if this was the first time he did it. I mean heck, I used those words exactly before the last event when he was gathering feedback. But after such a long time, I guess "short" was kind of bad, it's been what, a year or more? I lost track tbh. So if he does it short again like last time I don't see how that is a better "step", it should be more or perm (hope he realizes most people who come back need to refresh their skills and etc, last time I couldn't get more than 1 back due to the fact he didn't seem confident in 3 weeks and to enjoy it after, waste of time).

Not saying it's not "better than nothing" though, but yeah.