Vsnm last boss as mystic and sorc

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Vsnm last boss as mystic and sorc

Hey peeps,

Im still learning vsnm.
      The back attack (swipe) is really annoying me.
      Could u give me some tips for mystic and sorc at last boss vsnm? I mean like where should I stand?

Cheers!
      Cheers for a better Tera-World!
      :elin1:
      -----Momo-----

The post was edited 1 time, last by Momojunketsu ().

• Hello!
      First off, regardless of what class you play, the back swipe is really easy to predict 3 or 5 moves before it happens, how is that?
      Well, the boss has a sword in his right, and a shield in his left. IF he started his attack with his right hand (As in started with the sword), then you brace yourself for an incoming back swipe.
      Now there are two attack patterns that the boss can do, and both have the same first 3 hits and it goes like this:

Boss attacks with his sword> boss attacks with his shield> boss flings his sword once

After this point, if there's a pause then he will spin back doing a back swipe, then get back to the tank with a thurst. If he decides to fling his sword once more, then he will do another shield attack at the tank then do a back swipe. Once you learn to anticipate it, it becomes really easy to dodge.
      If you need more info you can look for Yosha's guide on VSNM, although if you wanna learn stuff on your own and figure things out then don't do that.

Now for tips for these specific classes, having friends that play both, for Sorc you can just use 'Warp Barrier' when you know a back swipe is going to happen and keep doing your damage. For mystic you should probably be at the sides anyways to see everyone else better, and if you're not.. Walk to the side as soon as the boss starts an attack using his sword and you should be fine.
      Have a nice day!
    • As Mystic definitely at the side a bit more to the front. The backswipes will then not even reach you.

As Sorc you must learn when the backswipes will come and dodge accordingly like any other DPS. For me it's now so much in my intuition that I can't even describe them to you now. I just know when they will come.
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars
    • Thx guys! I will try to notice the pattern more. Learning guides is so much different than playing it itself.

Another problem is that as sorc u want to dpa fast and u just missed many patterns and then "swap"! :)
      -----Momo-----
    • Hey there!

Its hard to learn patterns in advance without failing it few times in actual fight, then you will get a "feel" for them and you won't even think about it after a while.

I will link you to those attacks in my videoguide so you can see what boss is doing before them, maybe it helps a bit:

As a sorc or any other DD, you have to stay in back and watch for those pushback mechanics, as Arlos already explained.
      Also for myst try to stand at around 15-16m away from boss when he does claw mechanic, that way you get it on the side of boss, and DDs can dmg without worrying about it. To dodge it either teleport far away from it or trough boss on opposite side (but NOT before boss eye blinks red, or you will kill DDs).
      :!: YouTube :!:
      TERA guides/POVs
    • DeviliciousAngel wrote:

Hey there!

Its hard to learn patterns in advance without failing it few times in actual fight, then you will get a "feel" for them and you won't even think about it after a while.

I will link you to those attacks in my videoguide so you can see what boss is doing before them, maybe it helps a bit:

As a sorc or any other DD, you have to stay in back and watch for those pushback mechanics, as Arlos already explained.
      Also for myst try to stand at around 15-16m away from boss when he does claw mechanic, that way you get it on the side of boss, and DDs can dmg without worrying about it. To dodge it either teleport far away from it or trough boss on opposite side (but NOT before boss eye blinks red, or you will kill DDs).
      Ohhh thx, I will sure try this! And the red eye tips is also new! Ty!
      -----Momo-----