Champion Skyring 3v3 Premade (Equalized)

    We are looking for TERA Moderators for the EN section! Are you interested? Check this: [OPEN] Want to become a Moderator in Tera (EN) - Here's your chance!

    • Zartaras wrote:

      3v3 Champion Skyring Premade equalization.
      -Zartaras (Lancer) Killian

      Now some people would enter a debate with me as to why people think Champion Skyring is such a good representation of the so ephemeral term named ‘Skill’ and why other battlegrounds such as the Fraywind Canyon or the Corsairs Stronghold for that matter, can’t assume the same level of PvP.
      I can agree speaking about Corsair Stronghold (CS) and PvP in the same sentence is not legit. Attacking/rushing a gate while getting damaged from enemys and getting healed of your party healers is not allowed to be called "PvP".
      About Fraywind Canyon (FW) I got a different attitude: I think Skyring and FW are just 2 different typs of PvP; it is not like the top 10 Skyring players being top 10 FW players (ignoring the bad rating system, just in theory if rating system would be fine). I know players who play decent in Skyring, but have trouble managing more then 2-3 enemys in FW. Compared to soccer it is like playing 11 men soccer or 4 men in sports hall, Christiano Ronaldo & Messi would be bad as well in small scale soccer, same other way round.
      Just this to your quote.

      About the topic of the thread:
      As you maybe know TERA going to revert their changes in FW. In next patch you got your own gear again and not being equalized for everyone.
      In my (!) opinion the eq.-gear or rewards have not been the reason for this inactive battleground. Even at event times (when you got same rewards like in CS/Grid/FW) not hundreds of people queued for skyring. Also there are many players on Killian who got high end p2w gear, who also not queue actively into this BG. I (!) think other BG's are just more interested for many people including me. I would not queue 3s more often if there is a high reward or eq.-gear. Also TERA is some kind of game in which many people play with their real life friends. Maybe there is an gunner who got a gunner & slayer friend and they playing together all the time. They are not able to form a skyring team, so they q for CS/FW. (I think you know my opinion about this triple or no heal partys in FW, but it is just a matter of fact).
      That is just my (!) opinion of the current state, maybe I am wrong but maybe you are wrong as well and eq.-gear is not the main reason.

      Maybe you should start a poll about why people not queue skying.
      1. Why you dont queue skyring?
      2. Would you queue more often with eq-gear?
      3. Would you queue more often with better rewards?

      Overall I think TERA not changing anything since they change it back (FW) now and there is no ambition to change everything to eq.-gear.
      Even if they would change it and this BG is highly active: Who is interested in queuing into lancer, sorc, priest wombo-combo or playing against class carried match ups? (Upfront anybody posts like "you still can win with slayer/gunner/mystic combo against these: Sure you "can" but it costs a very(!) high skilled and experienced team to even step up with them and erase the class gab)
    • Fraywind is RNG 3v3 is not which is why 3v3 is most likely the only way to measure your "skill" as a team and of course 1v1 for people who like it.
      If you want to make 15v15 organised fraywind sure, it requires somewhat an amount of "skill" but when there are so many randoms qing for it the amount of games where you win thanks to the amount of "skill" you have is most likely 1/15 or something on those lines.

      Why are you even talking about fraywind here?

      I don't even remember when you last queued 3v3 soloque or premade so your "opinions" are most likely nothing but assumptions. People who play this game have geared many alts, if the only class they can play is gunner then they are probably bad anyways, if you can't form a team with one of your bff's form it with someone else unless you are some socially awkward kid that can't talk to other people, then you probably won't get good / improve / win anyways since in 3v3 communication actually matters(wowzers). you can form teams in CS right, yea, no.

      Eq gear is the main reason for many (at least majority of the players who wants to and who plays we know this because we actually play it? double wowzers) people who don't queue skyring because A) they are bad B) they are scared C) they don't want to improve their skills and be the frog in the well.
    • Cheezus wrote:

      Fraywind is RNG 3v3 is not which is why 3v3 is most likely the only way to measure your "skill" as a team and of course 1v1 for people who like it.
      If you want to make 15v15 organised fraywind sure, it requires somewhat an amount of "skill" but when there are so many randoms qing for it the amount of games where you win thanks to the amount of "skill" you have is most likely 1/15 or something on those lines.

      Why are you even talking about fraywind here?

      I don't even remember when you last queued 3v3 soloque or premade so your "opinions" are most likely nothing but assumptions. People who play this game have geared many alts, if the only class they can play is gunner then they are probably bad anyways, if you can't form a team with one of your bff's form it with someone else unless you are some socially awkward kid that can't talk to other people, then you probably won't get good / improve / win anyways since in 3v3 communication actually matters(wowzers). you can form teams in CS right, yea, no.

      Eq gear is the main reason for many (at least majority of the players who wants to and who plays we know this because we actually play it? double wowzers) people who don't queue skyring because A) they are bad B) they are scared C) they don't want to improve their skills and be the frog in the well.
      Sure Fraywind is RNG "Who gets less randoms wins the game", unfortunately it is like that.
      Same for an active (!) 3vs3 PvP scene; getting matched against 3 people with hardys is not "skill" as well. Everything is RNG, more luck in match making = easier/harder games

      "Eq gear is the main reason" -> also this is your (!) opinion. As I said you only get the real reason if you ask more then 100 people in a poll.
      Just randomly ask people of big guilds on Killian why they not queue 3vs3 team while haveing good gear and being active in PvP (CS/FW/Grid); avoid to talk people you usually talk with because thats not a neutral poll.
    • We are talking about 3v3 premades? Why are you bringing soloque to this Champion Skyring 3v3 Premade (Equalized) in case title was too hard to read.

      There is a difference between people who have been playing for so long in the scene, and you who never really did queue 3v3 soloqueue or premade. There are many factors to why fraywind won't be competitive, loser buff / tera buff a battleground where outside buffs exist will never be "competitive" or reliant on "skill" everything about fraywind right now is RNG.

      We know that many people complain / complained about equalised gear in the past which is why we see it as one of the main issues, it isn't just the people I talk to but from what I've seen / heard from the last equalised 3v3 premade event. While reward/"friends"/"comp" is nothing but excuses since even I the most socially awkward person in this game actually q'ed with people other than Mirec and ssion. If you can't get yourself to play because you are scared that's on you don't sugar coat it with "ugh oh lancer sorc stronk comp" "uh oh my friends play gunner/slayer" stop with the excuses and play.
    • Amenti wrote:

      Just randomly ask people of big guilds on Killian why they not queue 3vs3 team while haveing good gear and being active in PvP (CS/FW/Grid)
      Because those people are casual PvPers or know they aren't skilled enough for Skyring to enjoy it, or just don't like it. So what's your point? It doesn't mean everyone will suddenly like Skyring and that's ok. Time to cater to people who like Skyring if you want to make it active, instead of PvErs or whoever else "has good gear" (since majority who has good gear is either carebear or a mass PvP guy; so stop looking at those as your audience).

      But of course I hope @Atmorph makes it more permanent than last time (if he does) otherwise to me it's only slightly better than nothing (when you don't have a team cause all quit can't even bring them back with a 3 week event or w/e, need something more concrete, plus we'd all be rusty to begin with so people need time to play it).
    • Cheezus wrote:

      We are talking about 3v3 premades? Why are you bringing soloque to this Champion Skyring 3v3 Premade (Equalized) in case title was too hard to read.

      There is a difference between people who have been playing for so long in the scene, and you who never really did queue 3v3 soloqueue or premade. There are many factors to why fraywind won't be competitive, loser buff / tera buff a battleground where outside buffs exist will never be "competitive" or reliant on "skill" everything about fraywind right now is RNG.

      We know that many people complain / complained about equalised gear in the past which is why we see it as one of the main issues, it isn't just the people I talk to but from what I've seen / heard from the last equalised 3v3 premade event. While reward/"friends"/"comp" is nothing but excuses since even I the most socially awkward person in this game actually q'ed with people other than Mirec and ssion. If you can't get yourself to play because you are scared that's on you don't sugar coat it with "ugh oh lancer sorc stronk comp" "uh oh my friends play gunner/slayer" stop with the excuses and play.
      No one did write anything about soloque, maybe you should read the posts carefully. As you said I not play 3s team as much as you do since I not like 3s (solo & team) as I like FW, but I am able to have opinion about the situation.
      Also my opinion about people was not pointed on me lol. I would be able to get any healer + DD for 3s either in Continue or other guilds I know people at.
      It was just because of my experience in the past month playing TERA; either in PvE or PvP I met people who thinking like that (I want to play with my RL friends, I am not interested in meeting other "online people"...)

      Borsuc wrote:

      [...] or just don't like it. So what's your point? It doesn't mean everyone will suddenly like Skyring and that's ok. Time to cater to people who like Skyring if you want to make it active, instead of PvErs or whoever else "has good gear" (since majority who has good gear is either carebear or a mass PvP guy; so stop looking at those as your audience).
      Thats the point; I also do not think everyone will start like 3s after it is equalized. I am just wondering, do you want 3s eq.
      a) to get 3s more active and more people q or
      b) to make the small 3s PvP scene a favor because they want to fight each other with the "same" gear?
      If your plan is a) : You should ask every kind of people on the server (PvE, Mass PvP, Brokerino,...) because this are the people who can participate in 3s scene in future.
    • Amenti wrote:

      Thats the point; I also do not think everyone will start like 3s after it is equalized.
      Show me a single change (anywhere) that "everyone" liked. You make no sense.

      Some people will even come back to the game for it (as they did during last EQ event), do you count those in "everyone"? Why must you include only people who still play (meaning they're obviously satisfied with current things). More important is to ask people who don't play anymore and who used to play Skyring, if we use logic. Let's use your logic. Ok, I don't like Fraywind, so not "everyone" likes Fraywind; remove it from the game or kill it or whatever?

      And it's based on experience; not with TERA like you, but with many other games. I mean, even Archeage (sandbox MMO) has equalized arena. Yes, sandbox MMO. Let's look at a popular PvP game like say, Overwatch. Does everyone like it? (I mean the entire human population of gamers). Ridiculous question and makes no sense.

      One thing's for sure though: an equalized PvP arena game, whether it's MMO (GW2, BnS, WoW, AA, DN, etc) or not (Overwatch, CS:GO, SC, etc) is always more active than TERA's arena. Even with inferior combat systems. Guess that should tell you something if you can piece 1+1 together. Stop looking at the wrong audience for it
    • Borsuc wrote:

      Let's use your logic. Ok, I don't like Fraywind, so not "everyone" likes Fraywind; remove it from the game or kill it or whatever?
      I never said anything like that; maybe my English is too bad since I not speaking native English; but whatever to make it short:

      Borsuc & Cheeze Idea: 3vs3 team is inactive because you need to use your own gear and it is not equalized.
      My attitude: 3vs3 team is inactive because other content (PvP & PvE) is more interesting for most of the people (in and outside of TERA)

      There is not reason to discuss further and further. You and me have got a different attitude about this situation and we will only know who was right (or maybe both wrong) when TERA changed it once. Since the latest KTERA changes in FW gear I do not think TERA's game designer think about equalizing gear in PvP.
    • Amenti wrote:

      Sure Fraywind is RNG "Who gets less randoms wins the game", unfortunately it is like that.Same for an active (!) 3vs3 PvP scene; getting matched against 3 people with hardys is not "skill" as well. Everything is RNG, more luck in match making = easier/harder games



      Amenti wrote:


      No one did write anything about soloque, maybe you should read the posts carefully. As you said I not play 3s team as much as you do since I not like 3s (solo & team) as I like FW, but I am able to have opinion about the situation.
      :thinking:

      What you don't understand is having an opinion =/= being right. If player who mainly plays, ask around knows that one of the main issues is being gear (there has been an increase on people who are queueing for it after double rolls on VM stuff) and you come here and give us your "opinion" even though we show you that we are talking about what one of the main problems is you are just looking like a clown to me at least. We all know there are other factors (wowzers) other content being more "fun" and people being scared of 3v3 overall because they don't "like it" someone who doesn't like it will not queue for it simple as that, we are focusing more on people who we know and would want this kind of improvement to make it easier for ourselves and people that we know
    • Amenti wrote:

      My attitude: 3vs3 team is inactive because other content (PvP & PvE) is more interesting for most of the people (in and outside of TERA)
      Oh really so why did you skip the rest of my post? "Most people" don't play TERA, and by that I'm being generous when I include "most" -- as in, gamers who like this sort of setting. So who the hell is "most" or "everyone" you speak about? All of the games I listed have more active PvP and are probably more active than entirety of TERA (look at steam charts to see just how small this game is in terms of "most people" -- I realize not everyone plays through steam but it's the only way to see some stats other than bullshit "feels"). So again I'm baffled what you mean with "most". If we go by opinions, TERA is by far one of the most dead "AAA" games I ever played, especially in PvP. Yes I played worse games than TERA, but those weren't really AAA, they were also more grindy and also had nothing eq whatsoever. Proving the point even more, since TERA at least has some stuff eq (and is doing better than those). Yet all the games I listed have actually active arena PvP (because it's eq).

      Yeah "magically" most people playing TERA dislike arena even though people paying say, B&S, have no problem liking its arena (it's equalized). A player who loves playing Overwatch or whatever suddenly turns to PvEr when playing TERA, right. (can't blame him if arena isn't equalized)

      Lastly, look at almost every game with equalized arena -- it's usually only the arena that's equalized and not mass PvP (not even in GW2 is mass PvP equalized, though it's not huge gear disparity), because it makes sense. Arena is competitive and the viable esport game mode, so it has to be equalized (or at least where there's no stat difference).

      In TERA, it's like it's the other way around on purpose just to piss against the wind.
    • Unborn wrote:

      WEAPONs
      Rolls should be adjusted to each class, but with max one extra cdr roll (instead two). Why? Because overall idea is to make skyring team punishable as I explained above.

      they should put in max double cd on healers on weapon, and no more cd on the rest of gear, so it finaly end's the perma kaia.rc.kaia.rc.kaia.rc some class's can't even presure agains that.

      Borsuc wrote:

      Amenti wrote:

      My attitude: 3vs3 team is inactive because other content (PvP & PvE) is more interesting for most of the people (in and outside of TERA)

      about that, why 3v3 premade is dead, most ppl dont play the game to be good or have a certan lvl of skill or even be competiteve, mostly play the game to finish the gear and money and rewards is what count ofc.
      if i want then to put premade with better rewards?? PLZ NO, dont need to be matched agains ppl that are there just to farm,
      just put 3v3 premade eq and will be alive way more times,
      im playing 3v3 premade size years and i can say.. is basically the same ppl queueing size 2 years ago, cuz we dont care about any rewards we just want to play 3v3 cuz is what we like and is still one of the only thing's that tis game have to offer