[KTera] Class awakening

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [KTera] Class awakening

How about some speculations for this change?!

Io wrote:

New class? Level expansion?
      No and No. BHS officially answered these. However, there will be Class Awakening System.

Class Awakening System?
      Flashier effects and new skills, there will be 7 classes that will receive this, then others will be done within 6 months afterwards.

I wonder, will it be like "Unlocking new skills in a straight way", so you get all in any case,
      or
      "Unlocking new skills by a final profession" like for instance in Lineage 2, which means your char is bound to a specialized extra skill set from then on.
      or
      "Unlocking by certain amounts of points"... ("Gothic" I think?!)
      or
      "Unlocking by a skill tree", choose a certain path (Diablo? I think?!)

As for the classes I'd presume the old Vanilla classes to be first...

Final profession would be fun for classes like warrior where you would bind him to full tank or full DD (Zerkers alike)... but, I wouldn't know how to apply this concept to other classes.. Maybe sharpshooter for gunner (longer range), stealth ninja (more iframes or whatever defines "stealth")...

I just think that straight forward class awakening might be a bit "boring" if we think about the new (high) complex gear enchanting....
      Warrior {A&D} (449), Reaper (435), Priest (431), Mystic (431), Ninja (427), Valkyrie (430), Archer (433)
    • Playing the game with maximum effect settings is painful already. All you see is effects. Personally I always reduce them to the minimum. Not very excited for this.

Awakening in black desert gave the classes entirely different weapons, ranger got swords instead of bows, warrior (shield+sword) got a two-handed sword, berserker (dual wield axes) got Mega Man-like hand cannon...

This update has a great potential to suck.
    • I don't care what class awakening is, as long as isn't something that only pay 2 win players can do (or it's something that cost like 1M gold for f2p players) or as long as it doesn't make any class broken.
      My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
      For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
      Test Image ->
      (Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )
    • Never in my history of gaming have I seen an update only to a select few classes at first with others "coming later". Do I really have to explain how pathetic this is? Imagine getting lv70 cap but only to some classes cause they were too lazy to make new skills for all classes. So then you have lv70 vs lv65 in PvP or PvE or worse, the other classes can't even access lv70 content yet. I'm sure Omega will come and defend TERA here like usual.

BHS is just sickening on a whole new level of copy paste laziness with this game. What's the matter, created too many new classes and now it's getting too difficult to add stuff to each of them or what? Stupid scrubs.
    • Jumping to a lot of assumptions without even knowing how big said changes will be and to what extent they will affect the overall experience. I understand you are a pvp player and how this can be a huge balance issue. But without knowing what it's all really going to be about, why be hyper-pessimistic about it and not just wait and see how ktera will pan out... And then start crying if it really is that bad?

Who knows, maybe it will turn out as similar mess as the talent system and won't get released elsewhere until it's 100% complete... Or won't get released elsewhere at all.

There's proof there are people actually working on the game and there is a possibility we do not know where it's really mean to be headed. How can you say it's a "new level of laziness"?
      Your Friendly Neighborhood Advocatus Diaboli
    • LeviathanX wrote:

As for the classes I'd presume the old Vanilla classes to be first...
      I would argue this. They have so much more work with vanilla classes then with new ones. I mean locked classes would be easier to make because there are less animations to be made because of race lock.

edit: on topic :phatgrin: ...this could bring some refreshment in the game. Balance was never a thing in tera to begin with so im not expecting anything not "buggy/unbalanced/broken".
    • System 23 wrote:

Jumping to a lot of assumptions without even knowing how big said changes will be and to what extent they will affect the overall experience. I understand you are a pvp player and how this can be a huge balance issue. But without knowing what it's all really going to be about, why be hyper-pessimistic about it and not just wait and see how ktera will pan out... And then start crying if it really is that bad?
      I don't see how that changes anything about what I said, not even in the slightest. It has nothing to do with pessimism when labeling something based on traits. You see, I couldn't care less what impact it has, especially not in EU, since I'm not even talking about Gameforge. The analogy with level cap was to see how retarded this is, since I know there's people like you who can be fed shit and will accept it because "well, it's not a big deal..." forgetting that this is a competing business and like I said before, the only one in my entire gaming history that has pulled such crap. Always amazes me how MMO players are so tolerant of being fed shit instead of quality when they can compare with quality development (it's not like TERA is the only game in town, oh wait). Genderlock/racelock was already quality down the drain, but this tops the cake.

Maybe it's why BHS are still up and running, they see giving shit works, so they do it.

System 23 wrote:

Who knows, maybe it will turn out as similar mess as the talent system and won't get released elsewhere until it's 100% complete... Or won't get released elsewhere at all.
      Oh, right, I forgot about the talent system mess, as if their laziness wasn't bad enough already.

I'm not sure what your point is. Did I even mention TERA EU or NA or "elsewhere"? I'm talking about the (pathetic) traits of this developer, which has nothing to do with any one region in particular and certainly not with whether we get it all at once or not. It's enough for just one region to not get all of them at once (their home region might I add) to be able to label them.

System 23 wrote:

There's proof there are people actually working on the game and there is a possibility we do not know where it's really mean to be headed. How can you say it's a "new level of laziness"?
      Very easy, since that's what it is.

You don't have to wait to know that releasing something "only for X first, Y will follow after 6 months" is an example of pure incompetence in the gaming industry when it pertains to player's choice (class), aka you favor some players' choices over another. (this is different than balance changes which are subjective, but revamps are kind of at the edge)

There is no subjective opinion about a lv70 class vs lv65, as in "they're both balanced" or other such viewpoints (which is why balance changes are completely different). Everyone knows a lv70 is supposed to be "better" than a lv65, new skills and all that. Since it's the path of the game itself. Likewise there's no subjective opinion about an Awakened class being "on par" with a non-awakened one. Clearly the awakened one has extra stuff, that's the whole point of awakening.
    • System 23 wrote:

Jumping to a lot of assumptions without even knowing how big said changes will be and to what extent they will affect the overall experience. I understand you are a pvp player and how this can be a huge balance issue. But without knowing what it's all really going to be about, why be hyper-pessimistic about it and not just wait and see how ktera will pan out... And then start crying if it really is that bad?
      Did you start TERA 2 months ago or something? If you've been playing this game for 1-2 years you'd know that BHS are terrible at class balancing.
    • Kraxler wrote:

Just waiting for:

"Due of a gamebreaking bug we dont release Class Awakening for EU NA TW RU"

The funniest part is that many ppl believed that we didnt take talents because of bugs and not for..............................money issues.
      Also we supposed to get after that 2 different balance patches from Ktera which ofcourse we never got .... details .
      If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
    • Om3Ga wrote:

Calm down forum kids.

You don't know what class awekening is and until you get to know what this is... how about you visit the actual game again after a long long time?

It is called TERA just in case you forgot.
      Whatever you say big daddy . Why dont you ask for this topic to close as you ask in 90% of your posts.
      If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
    • Why should this thread be closed, it is not stupid and unecessary like some other ones and it also isn't the thread #100 of its kind like the Skyring ones that get opened by the same people and their stupid friends all the time instead of just using 1 thread.

Your post makes no sense.