[KTera] Gear/Enchantment progression revamped

    • New

      @Borsuc My 4 -5 times more gold is based on VG quest - Dungeon loot. There are 600g VG quest and 5 Star Dungeon is not released ( i predict 700g)

      So if we take avg gold 650g per quest u get 10400g. If u do now VG quest u get around 2k to 2,5k ... so im right with 4 - 5 times. And dont tell me something but u need to do more Quest. In fact u get 4 - 5 Times more on ONE character than now. and really do IoD Teralith 8 times addtional inst "double the time". U get one Terlith quest with 2 - 3 Minute (depending on gear and class) .. Teralith dont even stand up before they die
      I would say maybe Current time + 1/4 or 1/5 of time depending what are you doing now woth your vg quest.

      And i prefer 16 vg on my main instead of 8 because i need to switching alts for vg. ( i do up to 10 character VG). So in the end i can choose my best and strongest alt and only need 5 instead of 10.

      Even PVP player get "more" rewards by doing VG because they can do double quest without forcing to a weaker class (alt).

      You are right we need to do double the amount of vg but most people would like it because everybody who i know do it anyway with alts.

      The only thing i fear about is that GF adjust GG scroll to 16 vg quest. SO either half credits or GG scroll costs 800 credits


      Edit: Ofc in the end we need to wait how it is in EU. But atm it is better. Ofc They find a way to screw up. Half token exchange, less drop, less VG gold and what not. But untill now they didnt change anything negative we get everything 1:1. They only give us additional Loot (VMWA and Elleon Token) also double VG credits
    • New

      Borsuc wrote:

      Glacial` wrote:

      You don't 'have' to. You can limit yourself to 8 vanguards like we have now.
      And you won't get 4-5 times more gold so thanks for proving my point.

      Glacial` wrote:

      And since all VG quests benefit from the increased gold reward, why would you say it's not "salary increase"? Yes, there's a difference between 8*240 / 8*480 but at the end of the day you still got more than you'd have gotten otherwise.
      But not four times more which was the whole point (because Kraxler said 4-5x). It's only 2x.
      This thread provides some great bookmarks when the patch will come and someone will definitely find a reason to rage to get his hope shattered (even if it's a "Gameforge thing"), just wait and see.
      You seem to forget that the diamonds already drop directly from 4 star dungeons. More than one per run. Not counting other untradeable craps you can use to offset your own enchanting cost. So it could easily be 4-5 times compared to now. Some people who play Ktera already confirmed 20-25k worth of stuff per run. Why waste your breath protesting?

      There is nothing to be shattered, it is already a fact that the new system will be faster and easier.
    • New

      In other word its now possible to get full BiS without grinding for year or being super lucky. Korea wont lose any money because they offer Enchantment box (u only get ruby as gem so u need to craft) and other random stuff. In the end they wont lose money because they make it easier.

      I think most of the money comes form Club and Costumes. I dont believe they get most money from enchanting stuff ( i rarely see people getting 2 times or more Jackpot from Strongboxes) or listing of keys (these are mostly club keys and CS keys)
    • New

      So iffffffffffff we are talking about 20-25k gold loot per dungeon ( i havent seen anything like that yet but i dont think its impossible )
      then what this means is that the gold we all have now its worth sh**t.

      We are talking about a total market reset in both materials and gold. Bad news for those ppl who have both in huge numbers now.

      One of the best things in Tera was that gold value was pretty stable for several years compare to other games i played.

      If they do this for the best of the game i can accept it but ... if the screw economy again 1 patch after the economy reset we will end up with only loosing our savings.

      We ll wait and see :)
      :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    • New

      Borsuc wrote:

      Glacial` wrote:

      You don't 'have' to. You can limit yourself to 8 vanguards like we have now.
      And you won't get 4-5 times more gold so thanks for proving my point.
      I'm still a bit confused.

      So you're saying we're not going to get any gold rewards until we're finished with the first 8 quests? 8| I know the actual gold rewards are far from "4-5 times more" (if we don't count the additional loot) but saying you get different amount of gold based on how many VG quests you do is not logical. X/
      Doesn't matter if it's 1*580g or 8*580/16*580, you're going to get more gold anyways compared to the current patch.

      I think I see what you're trying to say but the way it comes back is vague.
      <3 Please share your opinion about Player-hosted events! <3
      ^^^ Click to open the threads vvv
      <3 bit.do/NewbieGuide - Guide for new people :saint:
    • New

      Sigh.

      Initial claim was something like this: "We'll get 4-5 times more gold from VG [implying you can divide the cost of enchanting by 4]"

      Which is bullshit since you only get 2x more so you divide by 2 and not by 4. The fact you can do MORE doesn't mean that it comes FOR FREE. Just as working overtime and getting paid more does not mean you got a salary increase. It's not about whether it's increased, because it is, but by how much. And it's 2x, not 4x.

      Well, that was the initial point, so only explaining that.
    • New

      john4iri wrote:

      So iffffffffffff we are talking about 20-25k gold loot per dungeon ( i havent seen anything like that yet but i dont think its impossible )
      then what this means is that the gold we all have now its worth sh**t.

      We are talking about a total market reset in both materials and gold. Bad news for those ppl who have both in huge numbers now.

      One of the best things in Tera was that gold value was pretty stable for several years compare to other games i played.

      If they do this for the best of the game i can accept it but ... if the screw economy again 1 patch after the economy reset we will end up with only loosing our savings.

      We ll wait and see :)
      Even if they wouldnt change the value. Gold is still not worth anymore since there are only 2 tradeable Enchanting Materials and gemas. Everything else is non tradeable. So u mainly grind gold for Arborean Crystal (which drops like feedstock), Gems and etching. And you can still use your Gold now to get Materials to convert them later.

      Gold was never stable. Just some example.

      VM1 MWA was 360g
      VM1 TT was 1:50/60g
      VM9 MWA is 50- 60g
      VM9 TT is 1:250/300g

      VM1 Goldincome (generated Gold) was 2k for 20 Dailys + 1k via Nexus > Only one character. Alts were expensive this era, also buffs only on one char
      VM9 Goldincome (generated Gold) is 2,500 for 8 VG Dailys > But u can do it on 16 Character because u are not lomited to gold Buff anymore

      Economy "reset" isnt that bad and seriously i know poeple with over 7 million gold and do u now what ... they will never really spend this gold anymore.

      Also what other people can farm in the future u can also do it to. U have the gold now to prepare for next content.


      Also i doesnt really matter how much gold u drop. If there is a proper gold sink ( for example 2800g per enchant try on top of the materials, 12k Etching Kit cost for T4 Etching, also 100k for diamond recipe, 50k for other recipes) there is no problem with this big gold income.
      At least in the future we finally have a gold sink not like know .... Tell me one goldsink now. And the 4 - 5k T12 alkahest cost isnt really a goldsink
    • New

      Kraxler@

      You're talking about the end of VM1 era-post f2p, VM1 era started during p2p and lasted for at least 7months, MWA were 30gold then.
      Alt weren't expensive either, especially since you're talking about post-f2p VM1 era, which had Mayhem gear (easy MW,dont remenber about enchant), even then, without Mayhem gear, tons of people had at least 2-3 +12 alt. I left the game 1month or so after KN20 came out, had 8 characters with either regent,mayhem or vm1 +12.
      Also you can do VG on x16 (x17 actually but w/e) character, has nothing to do with the gold boost, the quester gold boost does not affect the Vanguards.
    • New

      In the end of vm1 ofc it was easy asf especially after mchm nerf and 100% quill drop. Later it was even tradeable. MWA were 30g because it was purchaseable from special mercant (31g50s). But after removal itwas 10 times more expensive. Nobody really cares for it because they were many source for gold. But now where this happen again ... people complain now?

      What do people fear about? rich people nowdays will still be rich in the future content. Someone who have 10 Million gold will have 30 Million or even more. It would be ashame if they increase every cost but decrease gold income .. then i would understand the rant. But this is not the case.

      In the end i would complain about lack of Wonderous Holy Water (no tradeable) because u will only get them via Worldboss ( will be camped 24/7) and RK 9-HM. Every KTERA player so far DONT complain for gems or gold vlaue has changed. They complain because there is no way to get wonderous holy water ( u need them for +7 to +8 for the first time 3 each attemp and 6 for +8 to +9). 1 - 7 dont need them.

      Nobody complained about cionsumable removal . Only usefull for selling NPC after the patch. In fact they even increased their NPC value .. nobody complains. Now u can just convert everything to token for new enchant stuff. So its more usefull than just gold from NPC and people still complain?.

      GF added VM9 Metalls to GG so even crafting ore are useless now? So alue of Herpvein powder is almost nonexistent. VM7 Metall was around 1000 - 1300g while herpvein powder was 20g.... Yea this was a "good" change. Nothing wrong in destory value of a item. But how dare to change value of gold ... Common people like these make me just sick. Only EU region is full retarded if it comes to major changes. This makes TERA great again. If u cant do HM dungeons gl and hf wasting millions gold to get Wonderoius Holy water from Boxes (if they exist). I see tons of people wearong BiS without visit HM once ... even NM still on rookie. And yes these chars are their main because laurel and everything except endgame dungeon on exp.

      In the end u cant change anything this update. Nobody can stop this. And even IF it sooooo bad like people say. GF can still make regional changes like:

      2000 VG credits for 1 Diamond > 5 GG are around 10k value now. And other VG stuff to combat the lack of items.


      Tell me one "good" reason why this system is shit compared to our current system.
    • New

      Kraxler wrote:

      In the end of vm1 ofc it was easy asf especially after mchm nerf and 100% quill drop.
      Not really sure what that has to do with my post tho. I never mentioned quill nerf nor MC overall nerf. As I said you were talking about post f2p and much later the MC nerf, which I wouldnt call "vm1 era". Tons of people had multples alt before that, as it was never hard to gear alt, as I said I had 8 character +12 (actually maybe my healer were +9 but w/e), and that was before the nerf you are talking about, infact, I didnt even experience said nerf as I took a break shortly after KN20 got released.

      Also I'm not saying the new system is bad or anything, simply correcting a few mistakes in your post. I think the new system will be much better than this cancer lotery where 2 people who equally farmed the same content can end up with very different results.

      No worries tho, other regions too, have a bunch of what you called "retarded" people, everyone has a different opinions.

      Let's just wait and see how it goes anyway, its been 2weeks and people are already thinking of quitting lol

      edit: as for MWA being 360gold, I honestly can't recall such, and Im suprised I don't as I bought about 20k MWA before the game went f2p, so yeah I'm a bit surprised I didnt decide to sell them for 12 times profit. I thought they were around 150-200gold.
    • New

      it was 360g . atleast after i restart on Kaidun from scratch. Dont know how it was on Killian. After i check Killian price for regent there was weapons for 80k while it was 200 - 250k (depending on class) on Kaidun. Maybe MWA was there for 200g /each.

      I mention mchm nerf/quill nerf because there was indeed easy to equipp alt on Kaidun. Before it was just cancer because 200k weapon prices. In the end (KN20) it was super cheap because easy MW ect. But this is indeed not the topic of this discussion

      I dont have anything against your statements. But there are people who dont have any clue and hate this system for no reason. Even a non Tera player know what is better. Current vs future System. I just show this patch to some old dudes and they want to start TERA again. Because they see the chance to catch up. People like chatbot say this system is more expensive. But it isnt more expensive because u get more from dungeon ect. Also failure Bonus. In the end after 33 fails (this will never happen i mean after 50% its almost garantueed enchant) u will have garantueed next enchant level. And Apex now ... 3 to infinity attemps. Same for masterwork, and stat reroll.

      In the End GF can just apply this patch and gather information. If its too " hard" they can adjust, improve drops or reduce enchant cost. But saying this system is shit ... i dont know. Do these people really know RNG or ever tried to apex?
    • New

      Kraxler wrote:

      john4iri wrote:

      So iffffffffffff we are talking about 20-25k gold loot per dungeon ( i havent seen anything like that yet but i dont think its impossible )
      then what this means is that the gold we all have now its worth sh**t.

      We are talking about a total market reset in both materials and gold. Bad news for those ppl who have both in huge numbers now.

      One of the best things in Tera was that gold value was pretty stable for several years compare to other games i played.

      If they do this for the best of the game i can accept it but ... if the screw economy again 1 patch after the economy reset we will end up with only loosing our savings.

      We ll wait and see :)
      Even if they wouldnt change the value. Gold is still not worth anymore since there are only 2 tradeable Enchanting Materials and gemas. Everything else is non tradeable. So u mainly grind gold for Arborean Crystal (which drops like feedstock), Gems and etching. And you can still use your Gold now to get Materials to convert them later.
      Gold was never stable. Just some example.

      VM1 MWA was 360g
      VM1 TT was 1:50/60g
      VM9 MWA is 50- 60g
      VM9 TT is 1:250/300g

      VM1 Goldincome (generated Gold) was 2k for 20 Dailys + 1k via Nexus > Only one character. Alts were expensive this era, also buffs only on one char
      VM9 Goldincome (generated Gold) is 2,500 for 8 VG Dailys > But u can do it on 16 Character because u are not lomited to gold Buff anymore

      Economy "reset" isnt that bad and seriously i know poeple with over 7 million gold and do u now what ... they will never really spend this gold anymore.

      Also what other people can farm in the future u can also do it to. U have the gold now to prepare for next content.


      Also i doesnt really matter how much gold u drop. If there is a proper gold sink ( for example 2800g per enchant try on top of the materials, 12k Etching Kit cost for T4 Etching, also 100k for diamond recipe, 50k for other recipes) there is no problem with this big gold income.
      At least in the future we finally have a gold sink not like know .... Tell me one goldsink now. And the 4 - 5k T12 alkahest cost isnt really a goldsink
      Your arguments for gold instability and server economy are so unrelated i wont bother even to answer to you .

      Anyways for sure others got my point.

      I am responsible only for things i say not for what ppl understand.

      I ll say only this from vm1 till now there was no patch i couldnt farm 50-100k per day and also the comparison was with other games i played. There economy and gear was constanly change dramatically.
      :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    • New

      You people just started with the economy thing. Actually TERA has no economy. All the drama began because people go crazy because they see diamonds, complain they are rare ... but there are proof that they are not rare (stream ect). Then people say KTERA dudes stuck on +8 because diamonds dindt help that much when in fact the content locker is wonderous holy water > a material which only drops in HH Phase 4 and the upcomming RK-9 Hangar Hardmode @ 10th August.

      Then there are people saying new system is shit > new system have higher base enchantment + profiency (max 15% on top gear) and +3% failure Bonus > still shit.
      Then there are people who complain that doing more vanguard dailys is shit (all of my friendlist hates to switch alts for more VG quest)
      Then there are people complaining that u cant easy BiS @ first day ... because this is the meaining of Asia MMO ... getting BiS @ max level in the first few days.
      There also people who complain about that gearings alts are now pain. Actually its easier because u can just trade low, mid and high tier box via bank to alts for easy enchant ... u dont even need the profiency exp because Low tier is alway 100% and mid start @ 50%. Lol Low to High has lower max XP than +4 - 9 Top gear.

      And there are people wo say diamonds have 10k gold value ... what is better keep value or remove them so people who paid shitloads of money are fcked?

      Actually there is ONE REGION who might be fcked up. TERA NA because earn gold is pain there since everything is very cheap. MWA 9g, Spellbinds 20g, MES 40g, SES around 150g.

      We are the closest version behind KTERA with little difference and people in KTERA already loves this system.
    • New

      I did a monte carlo simulation with excel to compare new and old system. The cost for new system was set between 15k for retool and 80k +9 try. Old system works with 3% up chance and mwa and feedstock cost of 60g and 25g.
      This chart is the result.
      Images
      • aUxym5U.png

        92.49 kB, 2,473×1,039, viewed 48 times
    • New

      Potio wrote:

      I did a monte carlo simulation with excel to compare new and old system. The cost for new system was set between 15k for retool and 80k +9 try. Old system works with 3% up chance and mwa and feedstock cost of 60g and 25g.
      This chart is the result.
      But muh alts and BiS gear day one. How dare you show me maths that disproves my need to complain all the time because I don't know why I am still playing this game.

      On a serious note, cost is only one of the benefits of the new system, it is so much more streamlined and simple, it just makes sense. It will even revive crafting and so much more.
    • New

      I honestly don't understand why so many people are so against this new system. I've read all your arguments, and I still don't see how any of these downsides outweigh the upsides. Crafting will be revived, gearing will be simple and understandable. The RNG-cursed ones amongst us will no longer have to sacrifice Elins to apease RNGesus. No longer will I have to spend shit tons of spellbinds and scrolls to get that one pesky stat that won't be what it needs to be. BHS did something good, they deserve a fruitbasket with a big bow on top for this.
    • New

      Lisravae wrote:

      Crafting will be revived
      Not sure how much of a good thing that actually is.

      Also most people aren't against the new system. Because the current system is pretty shit itself. It's more along the lines of others who think this will be their messiah or something retarded like that. Oh well, that's exactly what everyone said when +15 system got revamped the first time.

      You guys never learn.
    • New

      Borsuc wrote:

      Lisravae wrote:

      Crafting will be revived
      Not sure how much of a good thing that actually is.
      Also most people aren't against the new system. Because the current system is pretty shit itself. It's more along the lines of others who think this will be their messiah or something retarded like that. Oh well, that's exactly what everyone said when +15 system got revamped the first time.

      You guys never learn.

      I will agree with this. The new system looks good to me only because the current system sucks. I would rather wait and see how the new system is before passing any opinion about it.