[KTera] Gear/Enchantment progression revamped

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

We are looking for TERA Moderators for the EN section! Are you interested? Check this: [OPEN] Want to become a Moderator in Tera (EN) - Here's your chance!

• I wonder what will be the progression when a new path comes, Screaming Rage+9 -> Screaming Rage 2+0 -> Screaming Rage 3+0 ?
      Enchanting is gonna be huge gold sink. Will we get back to Stone Age where 100k wass considered rich ?

Class awakening looks interesting but probably will be grindy as heck.

It is a nice change, its about time they broke the repetitive cycle since vm4.
    • 100k was considered "rich" the first 2-3 months of the game at best.
      Anyway, its not possible to go back to such state, since people have millions stashed and/or will still make a sh*tload of gold until patch hit EU.

Would be nice to know the amount of gold required tho,pretty sure it won't be THAT high, at least not enough to be a "huge gold sink", we'll know soon enough I guess. 2weeks is it?
      And if the list of token ratio is right, some people are going to end up with millions of token aswell (and that's counting the 6months ahead, some people mostlikely have a value 1-5millions tokens already), plus their millions of golds, pretty sure they'll be set for a long time. Always better than spending 50k MWA on one item while some people +15 everything with 5k and think its average.
    • I feel like they should be scrapping everything instead of refunding if they want to start new. This is definitely breath of new fresh air so don't intoxicate it with the old. Gold should be the only thing people should be investing in. If you're one of those people hoarding millions of alkhest or spellbinds or whatever useless stuff after patch you should start digging your grave.
    • Nothing should be useless after patch though. That would be stupid if everything is crapped. They can all be converted to the new all-purpose token.

The best thing to hoard now is semi because they are supposed to be super expensive according BHS' visionaries.
    • Kapt wrote:

The best thing to hoard now is semi because they are supposed to be super expensive according BHS' visionaries.
      Except that you won't really need them anymore unless you want to change the rolls 2nd time, first is free basically. And in the document it showed 7 for weapon that's not the end of the world.

Kapt wrote:

I wonder what will be the progression when a new path comes, Screaming Rage+9 -> Screaming Rage 2+0 -> Screaming Rage 3+0 ?
      Enchanting is gonna be huge gold sink. Will we get back to Stone Age where 100k wass considered rich ?
      Don't seem to much gold per attempt. I Mean 0 to +1 is 784 gold per attempt then on the second pic +1 to +2 884 per attempt. They can't make it to cost too much gold otherwise newbies will be severely limited again. Wasn't that the whole point of this revamp?
    • mar_tin wrote:

Kapt wrote:

Except that you won't really need them anymore unless you want to change the rolls 2nd time, first is free basically. And in the document it showed 7 for weapon that's not the end of the world.
      Well if you want to dual option some things you need the semis since the second rolls will be random. Also the question is then: Can you then chosse again which stats you want or are these then random?
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars
    • Seems to me that it will be random stats once the dual option enabled but probably only for the 2nd option (would be stupid if it randomize both set but who knows this is BHS we are talking about after all). Then according to the picture in the document you will need 7 SES to set each line so on that weapon max 35 if you have to change all stats (yea I misunderstood this part I thought with 7 SES you can reselect all line again but on closer look doesn't look like it).
    • @Rafera I guess they will have to adjust drop as well and convert mwa/feeds drop to gold drop so we have chance to get enchant "materials". I'm more concerned about enchant proficiency. This could be hughe advantage for some players (and disadvantage for new ones), either if it works that you lvl up 1 of your char to max and use it for enchanting alts gear or if it is only for 1 attempt you can prepare 9 chars with full points and use them to enchant top tier gear easier from 0 to 9 every point on different char with maxed bonus
    • I don't get the dyad crystals part: Do they get destroyed if they are equipped?
      So they don't get destroyed if they're not?
      And if they're not destroyed, could you equip those in the new weapon/armor? or they will stay soulbound to the previous one?

And why crystalbinds can be exchanged for tokens? will crystal never break again?
      My YouTube channel (Inactive :elin25: )
      For forum: (1)I don't PvP nor I refer to PvP unless I specify differently(2)I don't aim to the best gear nor I plan to challenge the hardest instances in the game, I'm a relaxed player, get it?
      Test Image ->
      (Testing Stuff,Don't Ask :ninja: )
    • Well it says crystals that was on the weapon upon promoting will get destroyed so I guess if you take them out they will be kept, and if they are dyads then they will be soulbound to the previous equipment so you wont be able to use it on the promoted gear.

As for the crystalbind I think you mixed the two tables, you can exchange the tokens for crystalbinds not the other way.
    • Aelfryd wrote:

@Rafera I guess they will have to adjust drop as well and convert mwa/feeds drop to gold drop so we have chance to get enchant "materials". I'm more concerned about enchant proficiency. This could be hughe advantage for some players (and disadvantage for new ones), either if it works that you lvl up 1 of your char to max and use it for enchanting alts gear or if it is only for 1 attempt you can prepare 9 chars with full points and use them to enchant top tier gear easier from 0 to 9 every point on different char with maxed bonus
      You get experience for your equipped gear, so it has nothing to do with the character.
      You could liberate a weapon with full experience, this should be transferred too.

So if you complete a quest with 100 exp (they will be an additional sort of exp) then your whole equipment (?) will have 100/2000 exp (example), your character will not be granted any bonus.
    • Skaild wrote:

Aelfryd wrote:

@Rafera I guess they will have to adjust drop as well and convert mwa/feeds drop to gold drop so we have chance to get enchant "materials". I'm more concerned about enchant proficiency. This could be hughe advantage for some players (and disadvantage for new ones), either if it works that you lvl up 1 of your char to max and use it for enchanting alts gear or if it is only for 1 attempt you can prepare 9 chars with full points and use them to enchant top tier gear easier from 0 to 9 every point on different char with maxed bonus
      You get experience for your equipped gear, so it has nothing to do with the character.You could liberate a weapon with full experience, this should be transferred too.

So if you complete a quest with 100 exp (they will be an additional sort of exp) then your whole equipment (?) will have 100/2000 exp (example), your character will not be granted any bonus.
      I can already imagine the grind. Rich players are getting screwed by this new system overal, but oh well, I'd prefer the majority to have most of the fun than the minority.
    • mar_tin wrote:

Kapt wrote:

If you can look at the dismantle table, one semi is worth either 16MES/ 800 Tier 12 Feedstock/ 80MWA/ 114 Spellbinds after conversion. The ratio reflects the economy on KTera where semis cost like 10k, while our semi is much more accessible.
    • WTB all your useless MWA 5g/ea, Spellbinds 10g/ea, T12Feedstock 10 Silver/ea. Also buying outdatet Ancient Wishes 2g/ea.

LFG VSHM DD to go Visionmaker locked.

This is a good change. Finally they balance RNG . No more 2k Yolo Apex vs 25k Apex
    • KvaKva wrote:

I am worried the changes will leave endgame players having no progression throughout the whole patch(es). I hope min-maxing gear will stay roughly as difficult as it is now because there is a certain level of enjoyment stemming from it.
      I don't think it will become boring for endgame players. Especially the new accessoires-etchings are made for them - not too OP but still worth to get them and they are available for 6 pieces of equipment.
      Content like Semi-related rolling of gear doesn't apply to the EU-Servers and NA-Servers as well because SES are not a problem anymore, like it is in KTera, but it only applies for the dual-option on weapons anyway (if I understand it right you can choose your "first" stats on every sealed object).
      You will need new etchings, new crystals (and new dual-option rolls what costs SES) when you upgrade your gear.
      I hope(!) that you can not prepare for this content just because you have the knowledge about token shop etc. so it won't get boring after first day patch and people already have max-gear.
    • oh wow we are all getting this!! <3 <3 <3

best news is this:

These are just a few of the changes currently on the horizon – even more changes will come your way in 2017, one being a TERA Club subscription that can be traded ingame!
      You have core 2 cpu.I have core 8.You dont know play,gat it?