[KTera] Gear/Enchantment progression revamped

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• KvaKva wrote:

Will the highest tear gear be craftable standalone; without retooling it from lower tier gear?
      No you have to go trough all tiers (from indoneal I guess since there is no mention than any dungeons drop gear at all) and promote all the way up to top tier. If I remember right they mentioned rare BoE drops as a possibility, but I'm guessing this won't be true for top tier, but who knows.
    • Nobody likes RNG... there's less RNG invloved in the new system which I'll take anyday over the current cancerous one that don't take into consideration the time and effort that was put into it.

Even with crafting, less RNG involved however, there's an upfront payment you need to pass; like designs and mats which isn't by any means cheap. Regardless, the system is pretty friendly since the effort you put in isn't lost. This is exactly what people wanted.
    • Kraxler wrote:

KvaKva wrote:

Will the highest tear gear be craftable standalone; without retooling it from lower tier gear?
      You can also drop Gear Box from Dungeons. Mid High and even top Tier( again from BAM like now but). And u can just rettol them to BiS
      No, the easiest approach is to start with vm9 since feed stock will be dirt cheap with the token system. You can either promote from vm9 +12 or if you got more to spare awaken and promote your equipment directly to top tier +2/+4.

Also, heads up for people who want to transfer servers...
      All tiered alkahest were removed from merch except for tier 3-4. It's a good opportunity to stack on tier 12 and sell it to merch later losing only 6.5% of its value. Its a good bargain especially if you're transferring a huge sum of gold.

The post was edited 1 time, last by cy63r ().

• Kapt wrote:

What characteristics do you use to define far better games? I hope you are aware that people have very different sense of gratification.
      Of course, since you took it out of context again when it was in the exact same phrase that games which provide you "instant gratification" (note, that is not a negative term, it's a positive one for entertainment); so in this respect, yes, a game is far better if it provides instant gratification.

This is as subjective as you think (although it is to a degree, ofc). How many people wouldn't accept maxed gear character if given the chance? Think about it deeply. In fact, to prove it even more, you know there is a reason rich people spend so much money on f2p games, and it's not to "progress slowly".

Let's use CS:GO as example since you came up with it. Would you rather pick a game like CS:GO where you had to sign up for it 20 days in advance before playing? Even if you didn't have to do anything. Just a pointless pathetic wait. Or choose one where you can instantly go and have some fun? You must be like one of the few people who deliberately enjoy commercials on TV or whatever to "waste some time" before the actual "fun" or entertainment.

As for the actual threat instead of the question -- well, I'm guessing not that many people played BnS. I honestly expect it to be worse since it's BHS, so... we'll see.
    • Borsuc wrote:

As for the actual threat instead of the question -- well, I'm guessing not that many people played BnS. I honestly expect it to be worse since it's BHS, so... we'll see.
      I don't know if I expect it to be worse, but one thing i know is that i don't expect it to be better, specially because i played BnS also and other similar enchanting system games. It was just a diff poison. Taking into account the developer that will come up with it is Blue Hole, the variables needed for success are extremely negative.
    • Borsuc wrote:

Kapt wrote:

What characteristics do you use to define far better games? I hope you are aware that people have very different sense of gratification.
      Of course, since you took it out of context again when it was in the exact same phrase that games which provide you "instant gratification" (note, that is not a negative term, it's a positive one for entertainment); so in this respect, yes, a game is far better if it provides instant gratification.
      This is as subjective as you think (although it is to a degree, ofc). How many people wouldn't accept maxed gear character if given the chance? Think about it deeply. In fact, to prove it even more, you know there is a reason rich people spend so much money on f2p games, and it's not to "progress slowly".
      Maybe because you have the twisted idea that having maxed gears is the prerequisite of gratification. But it could quite possibly be the end of gratification. How is having maxed gears the only way to have fun in TERA? And you can't disprove that people can have fun without having the maxed gears. In fact, if you are given the maxed gears at the start, you probably will quit the game quite soon since your game activities don't change, the only change is that there is no more reward from anything.

Case in point, me, I haven't touched VSHM since i got vm9 on Valkyrie 1 month ago. If they gave me vm9.5 now, i wouldn't touch the raid either, which resulting in me AFKing till next patch.

People will still accept free gears because it's free but this is such a bad example that you keep bringing up. People spend to money because they want to progress, which means progress is important and it has to be there. Progress is still one of the main appeal of the RPG genre or any genre for that matter. The rate of the progress depends on how the publishers want it to be.

Just look at the top 10 highest revenue online games at the moment. 6 out of 10 games have one more more obvious grindy aspects. Those grinds are there to keep player hooked, either spending their time for money all the same. LoL has grinds for mastery and runes. Hearthstone is p2w as far as i heard.

It is ridiculous that you always want to try playing the police in everything and tell everyone what is better for them. What about people who don't like anything PvP-related and like PvE grind? What is a far better game that you suggest?
    • Kapt wrote:

People will still accept free gears because it's free but this is such a bad example that you keep bringing up. People spend to money because they want to progress, which means progress is important and it has to be there. Progress is still one of the main appeal of the RPG genre or any genre for that matter. The rate of the progress depends on how the publishers want it to be.

Just look at the top 10 highest revenue online games at the moment. 6 out of 10 games have one more more obvious grindy aspects. Those grinds are there to keep player hooked, either spending their time for money all the same. LoL has grinds for mastery and runes. Hearthstone is p2w as far as i heard.

It is ridiculous that you always want to try playing the police in everything and tell everyone what is better for them. What about people who don't like anything PvP-related and like PvE grind? What is a far better game that you suggest?
      What the hell are you talking about? People p2w because they want to skip the progression, they want to progress instantly, i.e. the complete anti-thesis of Kraxler's "slow progression" opinion. Which was the whole point? Since he hates p2w and all.

I have no idea what the revenue thing is supposed to mean or how it is at all relevant, but you have an absolute weird obsession with it in any discussion (even about costumes) as if you are a paid shill or something even though you probably don't even have accurate sources in the slightest. Like really, I'm tired of subjects derailed into it no matter what. Anyway, for publicy-traded companies that actually have earnings reports, like NCSoft, where Lineage 1 brings in more revenue than any of their games and ONLY in Korea since it's not even available in the West, so let's make more 2D games according to your brilliant logic? get real -- oh and GW2 brings like half of their western profits so it looks like koreans are sick people to be honest, spending so much in shitty 2D games).

Now lastly as for the police thing -- it is actually so funny because it describes you perfectly (or Kraxler at least, idk it seems you agree with him so...). Remember where I started arguing for: when he claimed that "slow progression" is how it should be and etc.

In other words, he/you are talking as if you can police everybody around and it's your game -- if it's an opinion, it's fine, but look you label others as "police" when they disagree, as if your opinion is somehow more right, it is laughable. You guys don't define what a "RPG" is or how slow progression should be. Anyone who disagrees is not someone trying to police people around, no, his opinion is just as equal. Same goes for p2w people -- their opinion aren't any less relevant. Just because YOU like slow progression doesn't mean it's how it should be or that you hold any more weight than just an opinion.
    • I just love how borsuc gets triggered by people who don't understand that everyone opinion is equal be it right or wrong. :phatgrin:

Borsuc wrote:

Just because YOU like slow progression doesn't mean it's how it should be or that you hold any more weight than just an opinion.
      +1

I don't think anything much will change having a new system beside maybe bringing refreshment into the game resulting in less stress for a few months :phatgrin: .
    • The only and one P2W aspect is 2.0 Dragons. I dont really care if some cash all their equip. If i can clear any content without spending money its fine. But i dont like 2,0 Dragon because they destroy "competitve" atleast for PVE.

I prefer slow but safe progress instead of chance to progress instantly or never prgress.

And only the last few echant need much profiency XP. I think for Low to high Tier u dont really need to stack. This System is nice if they add PVP gear so u can progress by playing battlegrounds. And what do u prefer spent shitloads of money to be "competitve" or a chance to >safe< progress so u can play competetive for PVP.

Maybe i start PvP again if i can progress via Battlegrounds. But i dont really want to apex +15 2 seperate Set (ok now we have dual option so i dont really need to craft a second weapon).

I think most of the people like this system. I think only few % hate this because they really cant get instant BiS without spending millions of gold.
      Ofc in the first few day it will suck because we need to generate that much of money because everything is fresh.
    • Borsuc wrote:

Kapt wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? People p2w because they want to skip the progression, they want to progress instantly, i.e. the complete anti-thesis of Kraxler's "slow progression" opinion. Which was the whole point? Since he hates p2w and all.
      I have no idea what the revenue thing is supposed to mean or how it is at all relevant, but you have an absolute weird obsession with it in any discussion (even about costumes) as if you are a paid shill or something even though you probably don't even have accurate sources in the slightest. Like really, I'm tired of subjects derailed into it no matter what. Anyway, for publicy-traded companies that actually have earnings reports, like NCSoft, where Lineage 1 brings in more revenue than any of their games and ONLY in Korea since it's not even available in the West, so let's make more 2D games according to your brilliant logic? get real -- oh and GW2 brings like half of their western profits so it looks like koreans are sick people to be honest, spending so much in shitty 2D games).

Now lastly as for the police thing -- it is actually so funny because it describes you perfectly (or Kraxler at least, idk it seems you agree with him so...). Remember where I started arguing for: when he claimed that "slow progression" is how it should be and etc.

In other words, he/you are talking as if you can police everybody around and it's your game -- if it's an opinion, it's fine, but look you label others as "police" when they disagree, as if your opinion is somehow more right, it is laughable. You guys don't define what a "RPG" is or how slow progression should be. Anyone who disagrees is not someone trying to police people around, no, his opinion is just as equal. Same goes for p2w people -- their opinion aren't any less relevant. Just because YOU like slow progression doesn't mean it's how it should be or that you hold any more weight than just an opinion.
      My post has nothing to with kraxler's preference and i don't necessarily agree with him. However, your opinion is apparently like this "Anyone playing a game with any amount of grind is wasting their time". How am i a police when i never force my opinion on anyone, unlike you ?

You said, and I am gonna quote it "far better games with instant gratification". So what game is this? Lol, WoW? They all have grinds. Dota 2 is supposedly grind-free for stat but you can grind for cosmetics sets.
      This is the top 10 highest revenue online games :
      1 - LoL
      2 - Crossfire

3 - Dungeon Fighter

4 - WoW

5 - WoT

6 - Hearthstone

7 - Lineage

8 - CS:GO

9 - Maplestory

10 - Dota 2

The majority has grind/progress of some sort. So there is a huge market for that. Keep your opinion to yourself.
    • mar_tin wrote:

KvaKva wrote:

No you have to go trough all tiers (from indoneal I guess since there is no mention than any dungeons drop gear at all) and promote all the way up to top tier. If I remember right they mentioned rare BoE drops as a possibility, but I'm guessing this won't be true for top tier, but who knows.
      That's disappointing to hear considering someone earlier also said dyads don't remain usable after retooling.
    • KvaKva wrote:

mar_tin wrote:

KvaKva wrote:

That's disappointing to hear considering someone earlier also said dyads don't remain usable after retooling.
      Well you can skip the idoneal. I have pic to show it. It's from Loriris Patchnote translations.
      Images
      • Unbenamnklnnt.png

10.67 kB, 560×361, viewed 14 times
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars
    • Kapt wrote:

Dota 2 is supposedly grind-free for stat but you can grind for cosmetics sets.
      :dash: don't talk if you dont know :phatgrin: . You can't grind cosmetic sets in dota. You rarely get an item drop and no one plays games for that drop. We play because it's fun if you are in 5man party. :thumbup:
    • zajeb wrote:

Kapt wrote:

:dash: don't talk if you dont know :phatgrin: . You can't grind cosmetic sets in dota. You rarely get an item drop and no one plays games for that drop. We play because it's fun if you are in 5man party. :thumbup:
      Every cosmetics, up to arcana, has a chance to drop after a game, higher chance with longer game. So technically you can farm that. But you are right, we play dota for fun.
    • How about some more info on the actual gears.
      For example, we know that we can pick rerollable stats from +0,but how do these stats change from low to top tier gear?
      Are they the same, or does top tier gear have more of them?
      What about armor, chest pieces. Do you always have the added class rerollable? Are the stats on gloves and boots the same for low and high tier gear?

What about healers, if you have same rerollables for all weapons, and upgrading only gives dmg, then a +0 low tier wep for healers is enough?
    • zajeb wrote:

Kapt wrote:

I have a few people in my steam friendlist playing for the sole purpose of completing their quests and winning items/cosmetics. Surely they would disagree.
    • Ismar wrote:

How about some more info on the actual gears.
      For example, we know that we can pick rerollable stats from +0,but how do these stats change from low to top tier gear?
      Are they the same, or does top tier gear have more of them?
      What about armor, chest pieces. Do you always have the added class rerollable? Are the stats on gloves and boots the same for low and high tier gear?

What about healers, if you have same rerollables for all weapons, and upgrading only gives dmg, then a +0 low tier wep for healers is enough?
      From what i know :
      Everytime you upgrade the tier, stats get rerolled to random but you will supposedly get to pick them again.
      There is superior tier coming later, so they probably will be the same as VM.
      Armors will always have class skill stats.
      Healers buff will scale with gear so you can't be jew healers anymore.