hardly get crit on Sorcerer (How to improve DPS with sorcerer?)

    • Sorcerer

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • hardly get crit on Sorcerer (How to improve DPS with sorcerer?)

      Hey all,

      Im sorc with crit factor 320+++
      BUT.....!
      even if im standing behind the bosses, i still see sooo many white numbers -.-
      My meteor strike hits 7M but also 400k, wth!
      I followed yosha's guide and also EM, the result is still the same.

      Is there anything i forgot to do as sorcerer? Like i have to hit up (moving to Bos) before i cast skills?

      thx for all help!

      Cheers for a better tera World!

      :elin19:
      Cheers for a better Tera-World!
      :elin1:
      -----Momo-----
    • I should say your cf is already near cap
      But even with that crit rate of all skills should be near 80%
      Single MS have, maybe,1-2 noncrits the whole battle
      The main noncrit pack comes from enchanced MS, but last hit still crit most of times
      Even if you are doing 2.0keened AP>MB>MS rotation, everything must be good...

      You know prob that crit resist was enchanted
      Check some boss's actions, like jumps and aoe/sp-attack casts. It can have some kind of resist buff
      Also rotation is kinda tricky now, Chemera in TS for example, her back zone has ~3 sec delay

      If you are sure about your rotation
      The only one thing you can do is playing with mystic and lamb on every 15 mins
    • Tats wrote:

      Oh and, did you mean 60+320 crit factor?
      Cuz 60+260 is a way lower
      This way you will get proper crit rate only with crit etches (t2 at least) and inner (+12)+ key rings
      its 60+260. really thats still low?
      if that really so then iw ill work on that. how much should i make the crit ccap?
      im still using mysery +12

      what etching should i use?

      thx again!
      Cheers for a better Tera-World!
      :elin1:
      -----Momo-----
    • 60+260 isnt really low, but if you will get 60+300 you will see/feel the difference
      you will need:
      1) any fortified innerwear (+12 +16 +20 +24) should aim +20 (or +24 if you can spent real money)

      2) and now the hard part
      there are 2 ways for you: 1st is to play with misery and 2nd is to get ambush/deathwrack/oblit

      if you will play with misery, just buy tier2 keen weapon/glove etches on trade broker (or farm 16k points in solo dungeon,I forgot name of this dungeon, but you need 8k points to buy 1 etch and each run can earn you up to 222 points. With sorc I usually got at least 200, so its possible to get two tier2 keen etches in 20 days of grinding)
      it will give you fast 60+300 crit factor (but you still will be misery)

      And if you will aim ambush/deathwrack (recommended if you dont have real life :gamer: )
      should use tier(2-4) energetic etches OR 1 energetic etch on weapon + 1 keen etch on gloves
      and if you will have gold > craft key ring/earring(pvp jewelry) to replace your manorborne pieces
      this way required alot of time and gold
    • Kyuna wrote:

      guides not realy good, bcs u will never learn ur char this way. there are spells give you for some secs a crit boost. sue them first then the hard dmg attacks u want to land.
      show me some good guide pls^^
      Cheers for a better Tera-World!
      :elin1:
      -----Momo-----
    • So guys,

      i have been increasing my crit. My problem is now not the crit itself. but at the end i still make low dmg (still using Misery).
      If i got tank in +15 gear, he wil make more dmg than me as dps (wth?!)
      im using yoshas roation atm, and also starting to stack some power in me, but the result is not satisfying :(
      Still again low/slow dps.

      I would appriciate any input that would increase my dps as sorcerer.

      Once i ask a sorcerer friend that got misery also, he said i should make more damage with my dyad gems and etching.

      so pls pls help me with some dps-input, really want to improove my sorcerer skill ^^

      Cheers!
      Cheers for a better Tera-World!
      :elin1:
      -----Momo-----
    • its pretty important to use brooch in the enrage phase of the boss and with lanzer when boss is engrae+lancer buffs are on - further use bravery or canephora-potion, if you don't already do.

      but don't wonder - i got the same mysterious question on my reaper - even if i feel like playing him "nearly perfect" he deals like no dmg :D
    • I haven't played sorc much since the revamp so I can't help with the class specifics, but one important thing in dealing big damage is being prepared for boss enrage phases (boss health bar gets glowing red outline, boss may start glowing red). Mana boost, brooch, focus and play well when boss enrages, this is when you deal the major damage. Your weapon (again I'm not sure about sorc class specifics) should have increased damage to enraged monsters enchantment x2 in the rerollable lines, one in the top line and one in the 3 of the bottom rolls (or 4 if vm gear). You also should have focused crystal which increases critical damage to enraged monsters (+Spiteful, savage, pounding crystals).

      Also if you play with a lancer tank, pay attention to the guardian shout and adrenaline rush, while they are active you can also do a huge burst of damage. They should usually be active when the boss enrages as long as they aren't on cooldown.
    • Make sure you have the correct rolls on your equipment, make sure consumables are active, try to match your boosts (brooch and stuff) to enraged mode (you don't always have to but it might help a bit), make sure you're attacking from behind.

      This attack rotation guide works pretty well for me:
      Images
      • uiAC2En.png

        352.45 kB, 1,200×1,300, viewed 471 times
    • +270 in addition to base is enough crit rate. There is no need to go more.
      With all misery gear +12 and with proper rolls you should do around 1,2 mln/second(last boss) or even more at vh normal(doing more depends from party composition), or somewhere around 800-900k/s in brhm(first boss).
      Try to reach those values(those are with bravery and nostrum).

      If your dps is so low as stated above(200k) that this mean only one things. You waste your time as dps. That means you:
      1) Are going around boss in cricle to move to back, or aviod damage instead of moving trough boss with teleport or just backstep 2meters away or warp shield. The shortest way is to jump trough boss. Sorcer has a lot of movement skills, use them to your advantage.
      2) You are too far from boss and your skills dont hit boss. The distance where you should always be is around 10-12 meters away(of course move if the mechanic will kill you but that is just temporary thing).
      3) You dont put enough effort into your rotation. You might know proper rotation but you are not giving 100%. That means you stop dpsing and have even 1 -2 sec of break. Or you just shoot skill and wait for it to hit boss. You should eliminate those habits. Doing more than 1mln/second with sorc is serious button smashing, even if there are only like 6-7 skills that you use to deal damage.
      4) Your rolls on weapon/gloves might be bad. Correct rolls give a lot of boost.
      5) Quatre brooch give a huge boost to dps. Use it on enrage phases along with mana boost as it was stated above by few people.
      6) You dont dps from back, you dps from sides. Dps always from back.
      7) dyad are not needed to do super dps. niveot are as good.

      You should currently go to sun event, farm sun tokens. With this get materials for deathwrack weapon, but...if you cant do proper damage with misery the gear wont save you.
      SKILL>>>GEAR in Tera

      If you have your character on Mystel i can run few instances with you to check how you are doing and give you some tips.
    • Aiko wrote:

      +270 in addition to base is enough crit rate. There is no need to go more.
      With all misery gear +12 and with proper rolls you should do around 1,2 mln/second(last boss) or even more at vh normal(doing more depends from party composition), or somewhere around 800-900k/s in brhm(first boss).
      Try to reach those values(those are with bravery and nostrum).

      If your dps is so low as stated above(200k) that this mean only one things. You waste your time as dps. That means you:
      1) Are going around boss in cricle to move to back, or aviod damage instead of moving trough boss with teleport or just backstep 2meters away or warp shield. The shortest way is to jump trough boss. Sorcer has a lot of movement skills, use them to your advantage.
      2) You are too far from boss and your skills dont hit boss. The distance where you should always be is around 10-12 meters away(of course move if the mechanic will kill you but that is just temporary thing).
      3) You dont put enough effort into your rotation. You might know proper rotation but you are not giving 100%. That means you stop dpsing and have even 1 -2 sec of break. Or you just shoot skill and wait for it to hit boss. You should eliminate those habits. Doing more than 1mln/second with sorc is serious button smashing, even if there are only like 6-7 skills that you use to deal damage.
      4) Your rolls on weapon/gloves might be bad. Correct rolls give a lot of boost.
      5) Quatre brooch give a huge boost to dps. Use it on enrage phases along with mana boost as it was stated above by few people.
      6) You dont dps from back, you dps from sides. Dps always from back.
      7) dyad are not needed to do super dps. niveot are as good.

      You should currently go to sun event, farm sun tokens. With this get materials for deathwrack weapon, but...if you cant do proper damage with misery the gear wont save you.
      SKILL>>>GEAR in Tera

      If you have your character on Mystel i can run few instances with you to check how you are doing and give you some tips.
      Thank you for the explanations!
      i never really though about "wasting time" as dps, i will try it tonight to minimize this! I sometimes still afraid to die, so i stand too far or more side from the boss. I guess im too bussy staying alive and not notice where i stand.

      I also never see the "enrage" time of bosses,i guess that is also a big mistake! Thank you guys! But should i only use my brooch when it enraged?

      Im doing that event for the vm9 weapon, i hope i could do proper dmg by that time^^

      My sorc is at Kilian, i guess you dont have any char here?^^
      Cheers for a better Tera-World!
      :elin1:
      -----Momo-----
    • christausend wrote:

      I also never see the "enrage" time of bosses,i guess that is also a big mistake! Thank you guys! But should i only use my brooch when it enraged?
      Whenever the boss is enraged, his health bar glows in red. And yes, that's the main burst-dps phase so you should use whatever you can during that period - including mana boost.

      I wish I could play with you to see what's wrong, I'm getting really curious! :rolleyes:
      <3 bit.do/NewbieGuide - Guide for new people

      Unsolved issues - If any important issue is forgotten, pop it there! :stick:
    • Alternatively, you can search on Youtube for videos from Sorc's PoV, preferably the same dungeons that you are currently running. There are plenty videos even with Dps meter visible. Then you can clearly see what you do wrong or what you can improve.

      My guess, is that you have low dps back time. Dps from the front and side will greatly reduce your crit power and crit chance. And you probably idle too much because of whatever the reasons. Skilled players should rarely be idle even for one second during the fight.
    • Glacial` wrote:

      christausend wrote:

      I also never see the "enrage" time of bosses,i guess that is also a big mistake! Thank you guys! But should i only use my brooch when it enraged?
      Whenever the boss is enraged, his health bar glows in red. And yes, that's the main burst-dps phase so you should use whatever you can during that period - including mana boost.
      I wish I could play with you to see what's wrong, I'm getting really curious! :rolleyes:
      sadly we are at different server ^^
      but i will post a video tonight so u can watch my trap run as sorc^^
      Cheers for a better Tera-World!
      :elin1:
      -----Momo-----