Noctenium infusions (inventory items) causing lag

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Blue noct was supposed to balance noctenium consumption between classes, but instead it's an expensive and impractical consumable that's only worth it if you are trying hard to do as much damage as possible. I've used it 2 or 3 times since it was released because it's just not worth the 700 credits+nocts/30min when not trying to be competitive. And frankly there's nothing competitive about this game anymore. So yeah it should just be free. Or maybe just add a weaker version of the blue noct, being only as effective as normal noct, while balancing the use and perhaps fixing this lag.
    • Soooo...

Maintenance thread wrote:

If you have UI performance problems with noctenium infusion effects, put all the normal infusions into your bank, as you get an automatic buff applied on a wipe

Does that mean you are not gonna fix this issue with the maintenance?
      Also, this is not a "UI performance problem", this is not FPS lag, is MS lag
    • Tèmp wrote:

Soooo...

Maintenance thread wrote:

If you have UI performance problems with noctenium infusion effects, put all the normal infusions into your bank, as you get an automatic buff applied on a wipe
      Does that mean you are not gonna fix this issue with the maintenance?
      Also, this is not a "UI performance problem", this is not FPS lag, is MS lag
      This issue exists since forever its not something new. I ll create a topic when i think of a proper possible solution based on SC hell mode idea.
      :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    • No, this issue is not here since forever...
      I play on 100 ping average and I have never had any problem (not even slight ping increase) before vshm patch... now I can even get 1000+ ping spikes everytime I use a skill with nocts on...
      If you say you have had noct lag before this patch it's probably related to your pc performance (fps), while I'm talking about a ping problem...

The issue here is that they changed how items interact with your inventory and I have extra proof to that: when looting after a boss kill with lot of loot (ab/cw) my game basically completely freezes and I start rubber bending.... chat also gets several seconds of delay... (happens also when crafting/enchanting/gathering/ every activity that consumes or adds items to your inventory at a "fast" rate).

So here I'm complaining about nocts because that's the biggest issue, but the problem is not the <Noctenium Infusion> item itself... every item is affected..

And I'd like to remember that if you have good internet with low ping and high bandwidth you won't experience tihs..
    • Hmm true, i didn't notice lags cuz of Noctenium, but I'll test it without any Noctenium in inventory just to convince myself. Can't store adapted Noctenium tho, need to burn them first .-.

I wonder tho if that could cause the motes lagging :?

(And also, looting never affected me either, if anything, it's when someone joins/ leaves party or when the fight in a BG is finished)

Edit: i also don't understand why Noctenium was added in BGs anyway, couldn't they just buff the stats just like that?
      PC specs

• Intel Core I7-4790K
      • MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
      • Crucial Ballistix 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
      • Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
      • be quiet! Straight Power 10-CM 500W
      • Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev.B
      • Nanoxia Deepsilence 3
      • Crucial MX200 (500GB)
      • Win 10 Pro 64Bit

My YT channel
    • I couldn't play pvp, I found a solution and had to discard the non bankable nocts... alright np
      At the end of every boss fight the loot makes my game freeze for like 7/8 seconds... who cares
      Can't play any dps class properly and have to deal with slow ress as heal in pve... alright """"np"""" :^)
      I have to plan when to use prime battle solution during boss fights because it takes like 3 seconds for my game to be back to normal... """""""""""""""""""""""""np""""""""""""""""""""""""" :^)))))))))))))))))
      today IoD quests were pretty fun with the 10 seconds freeze after accepting the vanguard reward and the brooch letting me play only 5 seconds after being activated (because that's affected by this aswell ^^)

Oh boy, can't wait to run vshm today

^ all the above while my ping was the usual and I could play any content properly

CAN YOU REVERT CHANGES ALREDY YOU RETARDED MONKEYS?????????????
    • can cofirm this. I play sometimes with mobile data usage. Doin all Daily Stuff on IoD + ABNM takes around 200 - 230MB. Then today i played with noctenium on all chars (IoD + ABNM) and it takes almost 700Mb Data usage ... what thefuck ( no there wasnt any steam update / windows update because i have disabled them). Even opening Baramara Loot Boxes takes around 300kb for opening. before Patch didnt even take 1kb ....

Atleast reduce Blue Noctenium Converter to 1 VG untill we get a fix. Otherwise i can just sell my noctenium ....

I dont even know why the hell they change it?