Noctenium infusions (inventory items) causing lag

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

We are looking for TERA Moderators for the EN section! Are you interested? Check this: [OPEN] Want to become a Moderator in Tera (EN) - Here's your chance!

• Noctenium infusions (inventory items) causing lag

After last patch (vshm patch) I've been noticing lags in bgs... after doing some testing I found out it's not the bg itself that makes me lag, it's the noctenium innfusions that cause a pretty big delay when I use a skill affected by them...
      Anyone else have this issue?

Btw inb4 all the questions:
      - no, I didn't lag before lasts patch, I played regularly bgs and pve with nocts on;
      - yea, I'm 1000% sure it's the nocts causing that even tho I don't know why, but I made more than enough testing;
      - I'm pretty high latency player (90-100 usually) but the spikes caused by noctenium easily feel like 300-400 ping, if you are low latency you probably won't notice anything I think...

I'm copy-pasting this to support, If you know a fix share please :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kyureta ().

• I noticed an issue on my archer with this patch pve wise and is delayed dmg after using radiant/penetrating (the dmg appear around half a second after i use any of the 2 skills, not instantly as it used to be), and couldnt figure out what was the cause. It's super annoying cuz it delays also the sequential fire cancel of these 2 skills. I tought it could have been my internet or the low fps in fight but i have this problem while doing stuff like ghillieglade while being the only one using internet in my apartment (40~ ms and 0% packet loss and stable good fps) and still had this problem).

Now i just read this thread and did some tests and i think i can confirm that it's caused by nocts.

I don't have any problem on any other skill on any other class i play (priest, mystic, lancer and sorcerer), just archer with its 2 charging skills
    • Hi, I also have this issue since VSH patch, and I did few tests and it's realy noct fking up the game, so now I can't even use my noct ingame anymore this patch else I get over 600ms spikes and very unstable ping...

About my Tests :
      cdn.discordapp.com/attachments…1364328980480/unknown.png

So ye, activating noct make download band "explode" like ????
      Getting over 100ko/s spikes continuously just cause using a game consumable such as nocts isn't normal at all, and for me it's unplayable (and it was good befor VSH patch...).
      Y-day I tried VSH without noct, and it was all fine like in Velika, so it's 100% noct doing smthing wrong.

Just to confirm; I Also tried in a zone alone without mobs (to get sur I get as low stuff downloading from game as possible) without/with noct and it was same as in Velika, literaly same...

Edit : It's with ALL classes btw, I didn't tried with PvP noct, but a freind told me he got same problem with.

So pls, fix this Q.Q
    • While tabbed:

Spamming skills:

Spamming skills with noctenium:

Each number keeps rising if you wont stop spamming skills, the difference is with noctenium you get to 9k b/s with only a couple of skills while 1 minute of spamming skills gets me to 300 b/s without noctenium.

The squares mean:
      Process / - / - / Sending / Reception / Total
    • Spatsu wrote:

While tabbed:

Spamming skills:

Spamming skills with noctenium:

Each number keeps rising if you wont stop spamming skills, the difference is with noctenium you get to 9k b/s with only a couple of skills while 1 minute of spamming skills gets me to 300 b/s without noctenium.

The squares mean:
      Process / - / - / Sending / Reception / Total
      Nvm, thank your for translations... It was indeed needed...
    • First half of the gif is without nocts spamming skills in Cresentia and the second half is with nocts (When it starts to spike really high)
      (Take note: It's the orange line)

๖ۣۜAveana - 65 Lancer (PvE Main)
      ๖ۣۜFeyth - 65 Lancer
      ๖ۣۜRaffaela - 65 Mystic
    • bump

copy pasted support answer is not enough... this issue makes the game unplayable if you are affected by it..
      I could play any content without nocts on, but I get 1000+ ping spikes every time I use a skill with nocts and I can't just turn them off because you can't in pvp x)

I also noticed the issue affects any interaction with the inventory... like moving around items, opening boxes, switching crystals or even gathering....

Please give us a fix or something... you can delete this sh*t consumable for all I care, it doesn't change the game experience in any way, it's not even a gold sink because you get way more than you need in pve without spending 1 gold..

Delete it from bgs at least..

@Iaito any response which isn't "we forwarded, keep dreaming lul"?

if anyone else experiences this please do tell.
    • welp I use them in vsnm/hm only but nvm all that stuff I found a fix for bgs..

if you go in bgs without having any noctenium in your inventory you won't have lags.. apparently they still interact with your inventory in bgs even tho you are not consuming them (nice coding bhs 10/10), but if you go in with no nocteniums they won't do that stuff (you won't hear the sound even)
    • I rlly have the impression that GF cant do anything even if its just disabling nocts in bgs. Its just everytime "we forward it" and thats it for 2 month.
      So i dont know exactly why even bother posting bugs they wont be fixed. So dont get your hopes up at all.