VHHM mechs "BOOM"

• VHHM mechs "BOOM"

Hey Peeps!

could someone explain me in an easy way how to handle the "BOOM"?
      i am Mystic trying to do VHHM without dead. until now i manage to do it everyday but still missed many boom that sometimes wiped that vhhm for landing on the fire circle.

how to notice if he does 1st, 2nd or 3rd boom?
      what to do at each boom as healer or mystic?

i read EM and other guides, but still not clear yet.

thx alot!

Cheers for a better tera world!

:elin9:
      Cheers for a better Tera-World!
      :elin1:
      -----Momo-----
    • ...Counting...?
      1st Boom: Take the hit, dodge the jump
      2nd Boom: Repeat 1st Booms behaviour
      3rd Boom: Dodge the Hit.

Not that hard to pull off.

Edit: As Mystic you can start casting Corruption Ring when he starts jumping. You will take some damage but wont get pushed.
    • Ill try to explain, since in my language version that pattern is called "groar" if i'm right.

The first & second "boom" are similar, the boss say "boom" put his hands over his head, smash the ground ( it does damage ) & smash it again ( it bump peoples ( or push i just read, cant remember aha ) ).

The third one is a bit different, there's only the first smash on the ground, and that one will bump peoples and do damages, if someone got caught by the mechanics, then to boss turn to them, and do one more attack on them. ( If no one got caught, the boss do nothing ).

AFAK u must read each "boom" & remember wich is the next one. ( For the third u must jaunt when the boss hit the ground with his hands, same as for the precedent "boom", to prevent getting bump.)

I hope it's clear, my english is hesitant
      Murderous Intent : Guild Master
      Death.Machîne : MoonDancer // Hirania : Warrior // Death.Touch : Ninja // Fûnk.Machine : Brawler // Nihiltya : Gunner // Adbrakadabraraka : Myst // Somanydeath : Priest
    • Hari wrote:

Ill try to explain, since in my language version that pattern is called "groar" if i'm right.

The first & second "boom" are similar, the boss say "boom" put his hands over his head, smash the ground ( it does damage ) & smash it again ( it bump peoples ( or push i just read, cant remember aha ) ).

The third one is a bit different, there's only the first smash on the ground, and that one will bump peoples and do damages, if someone got caught by the mechanics, then to boss turn to them, and do one more attack on them. ( If no one got caught, the boss do nothing ).

AFAK u must read each "boom" & remember wich is the next one. ( For the third u must jaunt when the boss hit the ground with his hands, same as for the precedent "boom", to prevent getting bump.)

I hope it's clear, my english is hesitant
      so each boom he will actually hit the ground twice?
      but at the thirt i iframe at the first he hits the ground?
      -----Momo-----
    • Well boom is always the same for the first 2 times in a 3 times-rotation

When he starts with the mechanic the message "Boom" appears in the middle of you screen.
      We will stand still for a while, starts lifting his hands before hitting the ground, followed by his jump.
      The hit on the ground literally doesnt deal that much dmg as it would be worth to use ur iframe on it. just take the dmg. The jump, followed by his push is the annoying part. thats what you should focus on.
      The 3rd "Boom" is different. The ground smashing hit, before not rly worth mentioning dmg-wise now becomes a one-shot for most ppl. You NEED to dodge this one.
      So to make it easy:
      1st Boom: Dodge Jump
      2nd Boom: Dodge Jump
      3rd Boom: Dodge Hit
      4th Boom: Dodge Jump
      5th Boom: Dodge Jump
      6th Boom: Dodge Hit
      And so on...
    • You shouldn't care about 1-2-3. Every "Boom" mech should ideally be i-framed.

With two cdr rolls on your weapon and at least one energetic etching, plus the cdr glyph and cdr from the Battle Solution, you should have more than enough time to i-frame both hits. The second hit as boss flies up comes with a delay, so you need to get the timing right.

I i-frame both attacks, so I don't remember whether Corruption Ring works againt the push-back effect of the second attack. You have to check to make sure. If it does, then you can i-frame the first attack which is easier to time and then use Corruption Ring to counter the push-back from the 2nd attack. Corruption Ring is ineffective against the first attack, especially when it's time for number 3, that's why you must i-frame it.

When someone fails the 1-2-3 part and gets pushed up, they don't have to necessarily die. You as Mystic must throw a Boomerang Pulse their way (where they were standing, not up in the air), then lock onto them with Titanic Favour as soon as they've landed and release the spell immediately. There is a high chance that you'll save them.

Same applies to Priests - i-frame both attacks and heal people if they failed the first one. You could throw under them a Restorative Burst which isn't really a 'burst' skill but every little helps. The other thing you could do is use Kaia's Shield. Also, Healing Immersion on someone who dodged the push-up and is close to the person who failed. Then enter Focus Heal lock-on mode, waiting for people to land. If you release the spell fast enough, it might save them. You can try keeping Healing Immersion for that - depends on the situation.

Let us know how it goes. Have fun! o/

P.S. Oh, I shouldn't have bothered - by the time I typed this on my phone, a couple of other responses have been given. Guess it "can be closed." o_O
    • Sunflare wrote:

You shouldn't care about 1-2-3. Every "Boom" mech should ideally be i-framed.

With two cdr rolls on your weapon and at least one energetic etching, plus the cdr glyph and cdr from the Battle Solution, you should have more than enough time to i-frame both hits. The second hit as boss flies up comes with a delay, so you need to get the timing right.

I i-frame both attacks, so I don't remember whether Corruption Ring works againt the push-back effect of the second attack. You have to check to make sure. If it does, then you can i-frame the first attack which is easier to time and then use Corruption Ring to counter the push-back from the 2nd attack. Corruption Ring is ineffective against the first attack, especially when it's time for number 3, that's why you must i-frame it.

When someone fails the 1-2-3 part and gets pushed up, they don't have to necessarily die. You as Mystic must throw a Boomerang Pulse their way (where they were standing, not up in the air), then lock onto them with Titanic Favour as soon as they've landed and release the spell immediately. There is a high chance that you'll save them.

Same applies to Priests - i-frame both attacks and heal people if they failed the first one. You could throw under them a Restorative Burst which isn't really a 'burst' skill but every little helps. The other thing you could do is use Kaia's Shield. Also, Healing Immersion on someone who dodged the push-up and is close to the person who failed. Then enter Focus Heal lock-on mode, waiting for people to land. If you release the spell fast enough, it might save them. You can try keeping Healing Immersion for that - depends on the situation.

Let us know how it goes. Have fun! o/

P.S. Oh, I shouldn't have bothered - by the time I typed this on my phone, a couple of other responses have been given. Guess it "can be closed." o_O
      tx for the tips!
      im not sure i could "see" if someone missed the 1-2-3 so i could prepare boomerang and heal them, but imma try it^^
      -----Momo-----