PvP Jackpots (3v3)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• PvP Jackpots (3v3)

Alright here I am ranting for more forums likes and hopefully for changes since I'm an attention whore who only enjoys PvP in this weird game for some reason.

The jackpots we are getting right now are overall a good step on the right direction, what I would suggest is making 3v3 Soloque Jackpots permanent there really isn't a way to "abuse" solo queue and the rewards we get from there is minimal anyways. This would also push newer players to have a taste of actual endgame PvP and might push them to improve and try harder since as a Veteran Tera Expert I've seen many new faces in 3v3 after the addition of these Jackpots.

PS: This thread is only about 3v3 any suggestion about Corsair's (Yes I'm looking at you omega) Or Fraywind should be made or discussed in a different topic if you have any additional suggestions feel free to share them here!

Let's make 3v3 great again together!
    • I enjoy 3v3 more than CS or FW by far so + from me, having permanent Jackpots would likely make 3v3 more popular.
      The rewards you get are pretty decent and 3v3 improves individial skill way more than FW or CS anyways.
      Btw nice tags Cheeze
    • PvP in 2k17 LUL

on a seirous note, 3v3 is for me by far the most enjoyable battleground, even though it has some f*ckups with balance and stats that's still quite a fun thing to do. would highly appreciate seeing more rewards added to it and hopefully some new faces as well.

hot tags btw cheeze
    • Since Valkyrie came out, I noticed that even older open world PvP players got balls and finally qued. I hope they realized skyring isnt such big thing that you need to be scared of and they will keep playing even after valkyrie nerfs.
      At same time I hope we actually get permanent rewards from skyring. I already spoted few older PvP players that were mostly doing PvE for past God know how many patches...

And if you have proper crystals... Chance that you will get kicked is minimal... Only happens when some new tryhard cares about his rating too much (rage quits are way more often in my games, but still very rare).

PS: Quality of games did drop lately due to new class and new players. But it should rise gradually. It has was never been better time to start doing soloq, since you wont be only rookie in there.
    • Thank you for the great feedback, all your opinions matter and I agree with each and every single one of them I hope these things can be forwarded to GF since we all come into a consensus when it comes to this topic which is introducing 3v3 to newer players and also making it a place where we can profit from as Veteran Tera Experts.
    • +. Soloq should be whole day, because u q there when u want and have time, mostly for 2h and u need just 6 people not 15 or 20. Obvious no one will abuse soloq cause of rng and new people who q to learn it. Like some people doesn't even q when its jackpot cause of amount of new players. Best quality soloq is usually at night after all dailies(pve,fw,gridi), but people who like this bg gets nothing. I understand for Gameforge it wont change anything but for tera players who like pvp its huge. In my opinion fw, gridi, cs is just to farm but soloq is to enjoy this games pvp with friends on ts when u got time.
    • I believe the reasons 3v3 rewards are always low because the BG is prone to exploits, like one guy could 6 clients to farm for himself. Unless they implement something like opening hours only from 18:00 - 24:00.
    • @Cheezus: Maybe you play it because TERA has by far the best PvP combat out of any game? Just a guess.

There needs so much to be done differently to awaken PvP and Gameforge has not the knowledge to do it as they proved it with their "we make PvP special to reduce queue times" comments.
      You all seem to miss the point. PvP should be nothing special. It is "special" right now and it is horrible.
      We need PvP to NOT be something special anymore, so just add more f*cking day-times to the time table so that it is active all day/night again.

Also:
      Gridiron DEACTIVATE THIS CRAP FOREVER
      Skyring Team non-eq CHANGE INTO EQUALIZED

Overall skyring should be changed already.
      6 people in queue but no healers? Make it 3 DD vs 3 DD. Always 1:1 Healer or 0:0 Healer in a team.
      Raise HP, Endurance gear stats for 3vs3 DD Skyring.

This was just a quick guess but everything is possible and many things could turn out great.
    • How many ppl actualy que for skyring? Would it be enough to prevent 6 ppl at nonfrequented hour to syncque and farm boxes? Victorybox alone isn't worth it but adding 8th federation box to it might make it. Considering wintrade all could win around 15 games per hour.
    • I understand what Cheeze is trying to achieve here. I mean... every other battleground only work during event hours... So it has nice rewards. Even if you manage to get matched outside event hours... You can still atleast collect daily quest box.

Meanwhile skyring is only battleground that works even outside event hours on daily basis. And thus new patch that removed credits... Well it had most impact on skyring players.
      Before, even if you played outside event hours... You still got 1/3 of reward... But now this isnt true anymore.

I was so hyped that someone made skyring thread that I just agreed... Yes lets make skyring rewards permanent... Then @Om3Ga of all players reminded me why we got timetables.
      So I changed my opinion and now I think they should just make soloq/premade work simultaneously. Thats extra two hours of skyring for either only soloq/premade players.

And @Aelfryd, after 2am and before school is finished (so 1pm?) it would be possible to wintrade.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here is an idea that I personally think it should be considered.
      Instead killing timetabels that community accepted very well, we should consider alternatives. Because removing something that works, can prove devastating later and I personally cant go through 120 min ques ever again.

I was thinking about nerfing every federtaion box. Remove 5 mwa and 25 feedstock from each box and make those permanent reward for winning team in any battleground at any time. At same time add 2 mwa and 5 feedstock to losing team as permanent reward (as a symbolic gesture).

GF headquarters can tweak numbers if they disagree... But I provided possible concept how to atleast give part of rewards to players that also play outside event hours.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Synd: Grammar... ().

• Kapt wrote:

I believe the reasons 3v3 rewards are always low because the BG is prone to exploits, like one guy could 6 clients to farm for himself. Unless they implement something like opening hours only from 18:00 - 24:00.
      Dude skyring is active all time, there are atleast 3 ppl in q for sure, how can one guy abuse it with his 6 chars, he would just get kicked for afk.
    • Om3Ga wrote:

@Cheezus: Maybe you play it because TERA has by far the best PvP combat out of any game? Just a guess.

There needs so much to be done differently to awaken PvP and Gameforge has not the knowledge to do it as they proved it with their "we make PvP special to reduce queue times" comments.
      You all seem to miss the point. PvP should be nothing special. It is "special" right now and it is horrible.
      We need PvP to NOT be something special anymore, so just add more f*cking day-times to the time table so that it is active all day/night again.

Also:
      Gridiron DEACTIVATE THIS CRAP FOREVER
      Skyring Team non-eq CHANGE INTO EQUALIZED

Overall skyring should be changed already.
      6 people in queue but no healers? Make it 3 DD vs 3 DD. Always 1:1 Healer or 0:0 Healer in a team.
      Raise HP, Endurance gear stats for 3vs3 DD Skyring.

This was just a quick guess but everything is possible and many things could turn out great.
      Dude wtf :DDDDDD. 3 dd vs 3 dd :D its not skyring its called arab vo fights ;D. Grid and fw has to have specific timer cause u need 15 ppl not 6. There bg were always active only at evening for few huors. Skyring teams in eq would be no balance at all. U can see that in soloq warrior/valk has huge advantage with that gear. And u dont need to do so much stuff to awaken pvp, pvp is dead because of players itself not cause of gf. To gear now is super ez, before also confl gear was enough but ppl didnt q teams. So teams are more for skyring fanatics who will q no matter gear disadvantage because they enjoy in gameplay.
    • Synd wrote:

I understand what Cheeze is trying to achieve here. I mean... every other battleground only work during event hours... So it has nice rewards. Even if you manage to get matched outside event hours... You can still atleast collect daily quest box.

Meanwhile skyring is only battleground that works even outside event hours on daily basis. And thus new patch that removed credits... Well it had most impact on skyring players.
      Before, even if you played outside event hours... You still got 1/3 of reward... But now this isnt true anymore.

I was so hyped that someone made skyring thread that I just agreed... Yes lets make skyring rewards permanent... Then @Om3Ga of all players reminded me why we got timetables.
      So I changed my opinion and now I think they should just make soloq/premade work simultaneously. Thats extra two hours of skyring for either only soloq/premade players.

And @Aelfryd, after 2am and before school is finished (so 1pm?) it would be possible to wintrade.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instead killing timetabels that community accepted very well, we should consider alternatives. Because removing something that works, can prove devastating later and I personally cant go through 120 min ques ever again.

I was thinking about nerfing every federtaion box. Remove 5 mwa and 25 feedstock from each box and make those permanent reward for winning team in any battleground at any time. At same time add 2 mwa and 5 feedstock to losing team as permanent reward (as a symbolic gesture).

GF headquarters can tweak numbers if they disagree... But I provided possible concept how to atleast give part of rewards to players that also play outside event hours.
      Teams can be abused a bit more then soloq, cause some guy who is in q alone cant stop 6 acc chinese farmer to abuse it. So teams should stay how it is, just soloq should be from like 1 pm to 3 am most active time. Rewards in my opinion are good enough. Its not like u will q whole day, u will just play it for 2-3 hours but at time that u can play and u will get rewards for thatt. I mean two hours a day is kinda retarded ;D. As DD u w8 in q way longer and u end up w8ing way more then playing cause u need to kick pve crystal player and of course give him some info or u end up with new players having no chance. So increasing jackpot duration would split new players q timers too instead of making them all q at same 2 hours.
    • Nebes wrote:

Synd wrote:

Teams can be abused a bit more then soloq, cause some guy who is in q alone cant stop 6 acc chinese farmer to abuse it. So teams should stay how it is, just soloq should be from like 1 pm to 3 am most active time. Rewards in my opinion are good enough. Its not like u will q whole day, u will just play it for 2-3 hours but at time that u can play and u will get rewards for thatt. I mean two hours a day is kinda retarded ;D. As DD u w8 in q way longer and u end up w8ing way more then playing cause u need to kick pve crystal player and of course give him some info or u end up with new players having no chance. So increasing jackpot duration would split new players q timers too instead of making them all q at same 2 hours.
      I only suggested to make soloq/premade event work simultaneously. Thats 4 hours of event per day compared to your idea about 14 hours per day.

I honestly believe that timetable is good solution, but I also want to see atlaest some kind of reward for those who play outside event hours.
    • Synd wrote:

Nebes wrote:

Synd wrote:

I only suggested to make soloq/premade event work simultaneously. Thats 4 hours of event per day compared to your idea about 14 hours per day.
      I honestly believe that timetable is good solution, but I also want to see atlaest some kind of reward for those who play outside event hours.
      OH i see. well my point is that ppl wont q whole 14h soloq,u will q still for only 2-3 hours abut at specific time that is comfortable for u.