Bug report - Bending legs (Standing with one feet)

    • Forwarded

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Bug report - Bending legs (Standing with one feet)

      Dear TERA,

      i have been playing tera since...idk :)
      one that keep distrurbing me is that my male human sorcerer and my male elf mystic ALWAYS stand straight with 2 feets, while other chars can stand with one shorter leg while standing on the edge or on stairs...Their knees are always straight...this must be bug...it has to be bug, since my male human warrior can stand with one shorter leg.
      Please do something about this? cuz for me appereance in game comes first :)

      cheers! :beer:
      Chris
      Cheers for a better Tera-World!
      :elin1:
      -----Momo-----
    • Actually this is a problem that has been around forever. It only affects certain classes. Classes that use cloth armor, to be precise. Exceptions are Elins, Human females and poporis. Their legs bend even with cloth classes.

      Gunners legs don't bend even though other metal classes of castanic and high elf females don't have stiff legs. Ninjas legs do not bend even though other elin cloth classes do. Valkyrie legs do not bend even though other leather classes do.

      Certain costumes make legs stiff, even on classes that don't normally suffer from stiff legs syndrome, for example school outfits and hanboks.
    • Bargg wrote:

      Actually this is a problem that has been around forever. It only affects certain classes. Classes that use cloth armor, to be precise. Exceptions are Elins, Human females and poporis. Their legs bend even with cloth classes.

      Gunners legs don't bend even though other metal classes of castanic and high elf females don't have stiff legs. Ninjas legs do not bend even though other elin cloth classes do. Valkyrie legs do not bend even though other leather classes do.

      Certain costumes make legs stiff, even on classes that don't normally suffer from stiff legs syndrome, for example school outfits and hanboks.
      im so happy that someoneelse really noticed this!

      Is there any GM that also see this as a problem?
      this disturb me alot!
      Maybe it hast something to do with the cloth's program?!

      i will see if i can make some screenshoot later!

      chrees for a better tera world!
      :elin34:
      Cheers for a better Tera-World!
      :elin1:
      -----Momo-----
    • Bargg wrote:

      Actually this is a problem that has been around forever. It only affects certain classes. Classes that use cloth armor, to be precise. Exceptions are Elins, Human females and poporis. Their legs bend even with cloth classes.

      Gunners legs don't bend even though other metal classes of castanic and high elf females don't have stiff legs. Ninjas legs do not bend even though other elin cloth classes do. Valkyrie legs do not bend even though other leather classes do.

      Certain costumes make legs stiff, even on classes that don't normally suffer from stiff legs syndrome, for example school outfits and hanboks.
      At this leveling event i noticed that High elves MAle Sorcerer can bend their legs on stairs. I was like : "Wow maybe they fixed it!" So i went back to my human male sorc and high elves male Mystic....NO! It still bug :(
      I mean if it works on high elves male sorc, then it should also work on other chars with cloth armor...

      Please fix this Tera...
      Cheers for a better Tera-World!
      :elin1:
      -----Momo-----
    • I'm sorry but what exactly is the issue here?
      You still haven't provided screenshots.

      In my opinion, not bending character's knees while standing on stairs or a steep surface is a bug, not the other way around. It's unnatural to climb stairs without bending your knees. If you want a straight posture, then you should stand on a flat surface.
    • Sunflare wrote:

      I'm sorry but what exactly is the issue here?
      You still haven't provided screenshots.

      In my opinion, not bending character's knees while standing on stairs or a steep surface is a bug, not the other way around. It's unnatural to climb stairs without bending your knees. If you want a straight posture, then you should stand on a flat surface.
      This is exactly what i ment. Human male sorc and Mystic male high elves (maybe other class & race also) are not bending their knees on stairs or a steep surface. I want them to bend their knees (like the others) if the surface not flat.

      I will try to make a screenshots when im home later.
      Cheers for a better Tera-World!
      :elin1:
      -----Momo-----
    • christausend wrote:

      not bending their knees
      Game of Thrones spoiler
      Display Spoiler
      Stop playing with Jon Snow lul


      I actually understand this problem and I can make a screenshot too when I get home. My high elf priest's legs are so stiff, she will either become one with the floor or if you go 1 step forward and her whole body gets lifted. My (human) mystic has no problems like that. Weird. :\
      <3 bit.do/NewbieGuide - Guide for new people

      Unsolved issues - If any important issue is forgotten, pop it there! :stick:
    • pic 1 is normal, pic 2 (on human male sorc & mystic elves) is bug or still not fixed.
      Sorry guys, this annoys me alot :(
      Images
      • tera_bend_knee1.jpg

        352.07 kB, 1,132×999, viewed 70 times
      • tera_bend_knee2.jpg

        143.25 kB, 594×663, viewed 84 times
      Cheers for a better Tera-World!
      :elin1:
      -----Momo-----
    • Yes very annoying. Honestly I even made class choices based on this issue sometimes lol (as in, if I was making a new character and couldn't decide, this issue weeded out some options).

      Oh, and don't usually buy costumes that suffer from stiff legs syndrome. Fix it for moneysies

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Bargg ().

    • Further evidence. @Athena Please, forward the issue.

      Notice how the knees, ankles, and feet, should behave when standing on stairs or alike.
      Images
      • Castanic female Gunner. Not working..jpg

        648.18 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 47 times
      • Castanic male Berseker on flat ground for comparison..jpg

        675.63 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 51 times
      • Castanic male Berseker. Working.jpg

        703.37 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 54 times
      • High Elf female Sorcerer. Not working.jpg

        643.37 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 47 times
      • High Elf male Mystic. Not working.jpg

        629.06 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 51 times
      • High Elf male Warrior. Working 2.jpg

        635.31 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 51 times
      • High Elf male Warrior. Working.jpg

        627.66 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 36 times
      • High Elf Priest. Not working..jpg

        608.07 kB, 1,920×1,080, viewed 46 times
      Hic sunt dracones
    • Bargg wrote:

      Yes very annoying. Honestly I even made class choices based on this issue sometimes lol (as in, if I was making a new character and couldn't decide, this issue weeded out some options).

      Oh, and don't usually buy costumes that suffer from stiff legs syndrome. Fix it for moneysies
      You say it bro! It makes me feel that my elves Mystic not a real character in game
      Cheers for a better Tera-World!
      :elin1:
      -----Momo-----
    • Is this post for real? How do you even notice this things? Why do you even stand on stairs zooming and watching your legs? ?( SO MANY QUESTIONS IN MY HEAD RIGHT NOW! LOL ! There are some really interesting people on this board :/ . Are you thinking of quitting the game because of this? (just curious) Don't get me wrong i spent most of my gold into costumes so my chars look great and i understand you want to have a great look but this hmm :| a bit too much for me. Well w/e i do agree that they should fix it since it's a bug :beer:
    • zajeb wrote:

      Are you thinking of quitting the game because of this? (just curious)
      hahaha Noob!
      Of course no-one is quitting over this but it's annoying when your char basically flies up/down stairs as opposed to actually climbing.
      Mind you, this bug is sometimes better than having your knees bending when standing on some oval spot - for example some of the towers in Highwatch. I personally haven't given it that much thought - hadn't realised it was even a thing before reading this thread, so I'm not too fussed about it. Knowing that my chars are bugged is more annoying than the bug itself.
    • Chiyuki wrote:

      Hey all. I made new character and when i hit 2nd lvl i don't get the rewards from the event of levelin...
      Hi to you,

      Hardly a bending legs problem though...
      You should've got the freebies if this was your first character of that class to take advantage of it.