Can't log into any server.

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Can't log into any server.

      Im having trouble connecting to the ingame servers after the new Patch. It seems the game didn't even download anything and i can log in normally, just stuck on server screen.

      Would be great if you could help with this or provide a manual download link for the new patch(if needed).

      Thank You.
    • Have you performed a file repair/verification?

      Were you able to play on Monday? If the repair doesn't do it, double check your Internet managing software, especially if you have updated/installed something meanwhile.

      4:39 Can't log into any game server
      Alternatively, contact Support.

      Good luck! o/
    • Tried most of the stuff but none of them worked :(

      Am still stuck on server screen no matter what i do.

      Thanks for the help mate, really appreciate the effort you put to help the community. Am missing out on so much stuff, wonder if the mods here are just for show!
    • Bug wrote:

      Tried most of the stuff but none of them worked :(

      Am still stuck on server screen no matter what i do.

      Thanks for the help mate, really appreciate the effort you put to help the community. Am missing out on so much stuff, wonder if the mods here are just for show!
      Well the mods are mostly other players just like you. Try contacting the technical support. Also did you already reinstall the game?
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

      EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars
    • This was posted 2 days ago when most people were super active on the forum, but ok!

      What do you mean by ''reinstall''? I have to download it from scratch or am i missing something here? I've been searching around and it seems many people had this issue in the past and i can't believe there is no available fix yet!
    • Yes I mean deinstall the game completely and download it from scratch. Depending on your connection it may take a while but I think it can fix your problem.
      Rechtsschreibfeler? Kenn ick nicht. Kann man dass Essen?

      EU:
      Arlassa - Kriegermain - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Matoi.Ryuko - Kriegertwink - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Rânâ.Lînchên - Brawler - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Lucymârvel - Mystiker - Castanic - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      Arlos - Lanzer - Mensch - Lvl 65 - Yurian
      verschiedene nicht Lvl 65 Chars
    • Arlos wrote:

      Yes I mean deinstall the game completely and download it from scratch. Depending on your connection it may take a while but I think it can fix your problem.
      For some people, this could take a week or even more. And redownloading the whole game when the problem is often not with the game itself is a great way to waste one's time and discourage them from playing.

      Bug wrote:

      Tried most of the stuff but none of them worked :(

      Am still stuck on server screen no matter what i do.

      Thanks for the help mate, really appreciate the effort you put to help the community. Am missing out on so much stuff, wonder if the mods here are just for show!
      You're welcome. It's often guesswork though, especially when things are done indirectly from a distance.

      Moderators are not expected to help forum users here, so yeah, you could say they are just for show. What's more, they keep closing threads when people ask for help. For example
      Can't login with Steam.

      Anyhow, being stuck at server selection more often than not means Windows Defender or Windows Firewall are blocking the game. Or similar software is. Make sure you've disabled Windows Firewall in Services, as well as disabled real-time protecting of Windows Defender.
      Repairing came back clear?
    • I did disable both Firewall & Win. Defender, used the repair tool, checked my port & stuff and even tried safe mode in case something was interfering with it but nothing seems to work. It can't be that the files are corrupted, right? since i can log-in fine and the game also opens without error. Weird that this happened just after the maintenance when everything was fine prior to it.Guess i'll just wait it out at this point.
    • Hello!
      Maybe I found a solution here. :elin37:

      1. Close the TERA launcher
      2. In the TERA folder go into Client -> S1Game
      C:\Program Files (x86)\TERA\Client\S1Game\Config
      If you use the TERA Steam version use this --> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tera
      3. Delete the config folder
      4. Open the TERA launcher and click on the repair button.
      5. Wait for it to check and update the Config files again. Try again from there.

      If this still dosen't work, please contact the support team here: support.en.tera.gameforge.com/


      Greetings,

      Shiro
    • Bug wrote:

      I did disable both Firewall & Win. Defender, used the repair tool, checked my port & stuff and even tried safe mode in case something was interfering with it but nothing seems to work. It can't be that the files are corrupted, right? since i can log-in fine and the game also opens without error. Weird that this happened just after the maintenance when everything was fine prior to it.Guess i'll just wait it out at this point.
      can you navigate to your TERA\CLIENT folder and check the version, i believe the issue is our client is not using the latest patch.

      mine shows

      'Version
      value="54.02.02-ls13"'

      as it should be 55 as per latest patch.

      I am trying Shiro solution above, and will post the result.

      just FYI i have tried to delete pgc_v2.version and Live-Launcher-D3.6.version. that made me redownload the whole client yet problem still exist.

      EDIT: tried the above, doesn't work.. i'll play around some more and post if anything works, probably problem with patch manifest.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by komarod ().

    • You're completely right, my version is the same as yours so it must have something to do with the update. As i mentioned in my initial post, the game didn't download anything after the new patch maintenance. Weird that i can still log in though...

      @Sunflare @Shiro Can you confirm if the file version is different for you? If not much trouble, can you provide us with a manual download link to the latest patch? Thank you.

      EDIT: Confirmed that deleting config and repairing doesn't work either.
    • Bug wrote:

      You're completely right, my version is the same as yours so it must have something to do with the update. As i mentioned in my initial post, the game didn't download anything after the new patch maintenance. Weird that i can still log in though...

      @Sunflare @Shiro Can you confirm if the file version is different for you? If not much trouble, can you provide us with a manual download link to the latest patch? Thank you.

      EDIT: Confirmed that deleting config and repairing doesn't work either.
      Okay i managed to fix this.

      I suspect problem is with their update/patch manifest file hosted on their CDN, and we are the unlucky one to get those old manifest served from the problematic server.

      I assume the content, in this case patch manifest, are not updated or propagated properly among their CDN servers.

      Below are what i did,

      run your notepad as admin and open/edit your windows host file located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.
      add this entry on the bottom.

      45.121.219.232 dl.tera.gameforge.com

      delete Live-Launcher-D3.6.version
      and run launcher, it will patch your client to

      Version
      value="55.03.02--hf1-ls13"

      after sometimes edit your host file again and remove or put # in front of the workaround entry'' as this is basically defeat the purpose of CDN

      # 45.121.219.232 dl.tera.gameforge.com

      P.S. 45.121.219.232 located in south east asia, if you are not from around this region you might get poor download speed.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by komarod ().

    • @komarod Respect mate... you just fixed something Support couldn't fix in 3 days in just a few hours.

      Confirmed that the above works 100%. Glad i didn't have to download the game from scratch!

      Big thanks to everyone who lent their support in fixing this issue. Thread can be closed and used as reference for any similar issue.

      See you ingame,
      Bug.